Sending "not read" messages

My outlook 2010 keeps sending out "not read" messages to senders who have
requested a read receipt.  My tracking option is set to "ask each time
whether to send a read receipt".  How can I stop Outlook from sending out
"not read" messages, I never want it to do that. Thanks.

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My outlook 2010 keeps sending out "not read" messages to senders who have
> requested a read receipt.  My tracking option is set to "ask each time
> whether to send a read receipt".  How can I stop Outlook from sending out
> "not read" messages, I never want it to do that. Thanks.

What type of account are you using?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
6/7/2010 2:08:15 PM
I am using a POP3 account.
Phil

>I am using a POP3 account.

When you look at your mail, do they get marked as read?  If you disable the
option to honor read receipts does the same thing still happen?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

my excel work book is NOT read onlyt says it is when saving to CD
I can not save my work book. I have unchecked all the read only boxes but when trying to save to disc it still says read only.. Please help Thanks Soo Try Tools > Options > Security and see if Read Only Recommended is checked. "Soo" wrote: > I can not save my work book. I have unchecked all the read only boxes but > when trying to save to disc it still says read only.. Please help > > Thanks > Soo What type of 'disc' are you trying to save to? If a CD the message pertains to not being able to save changes directly to the CD & has nothing to d...

Cannot read or write rewritable CDs
win xp professional version 2002, sp2 Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 1 gb ram I have a CD/DVD ROM and CD/DVD RW. I use the RW drive for backups, usually to DVD+RW; this currently works well. I have used CD-RW in the past, but not in quite a while. I recently tried to record a CD-RW, but the drive does not recognize the disc. I have tried 3 different kinds of CD-RW, all with the same problem. The same CD-RWs work normally in my laptop (same OS). The ROM reads DVDs and non re-writable CDs normally, but does not read rewritable CDs. Any ideas where to start tackling this? Thank...

downloaded/uploaded sheet not reading data.
worksheet created from downloaded data. when clicking on cells with data, format cell option not available. macros wont recognize data as data either. some data is words and some numbers. any way to convert entire page format to the appropiate text & numbers? Could be any number of reasons, some of which are addressed in your previous posting. TRIM, CLEAN can get rid of some extras. Non-breaking spaces due to HTML will not respond to Trim or Clean. Do an Edit>Replace for Alt + 0160 Enter the 0160 on the numpad. Could be linefeeds like 0010 or 0013 Chip Pearson...

Newline characters not read in appointments
Hi I am facing a strange issue. When i am sending appointments with the following text : "Hi There is a meeting tomorrow. Regards Rahul" The Invitees get the appointment with the following text in the body: "Hi There is a meeting tomorrow. Regards Rahul" The whole text appears in a single line. Newline characters are not read. Emails and other activities are working fine. Any idea why? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25...

Turn off "Subject: Not read" notification
My spam gets routed to a special directory by Cloudmark SpamNet - so far so good. I run through and delete it all after scanning for false negatives. But, some of the spam has the request read notification turned on. Outlooks sends a message to the sender with the subject line saying "Not Read" and a winmail.dat attachment. How can I turn this off? I don't want to be confirming my address to spammers, no have any unauthorized messages leaving my system. Please send your reply to my e-mail account - thanks! Bruce What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this...

Cannot read Chinese characters in some programs
I have re-installed Windows XP on my desktop recently and now I cannot read Chinese characters in some programs. I have already installed the East Asian languages files under the "Regional and language options" as well as setting the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese(PRC). I have many Chinese fonts installed on my desktop. I have also added Chinese in the "Language preference" in Internet Explorer. Still, there are some programs and some websites that I cannot read the Chinese characters properly. Please help. Andrew -- Abba1091 -...

My cd/dvd drive does not read or burn discs
My Cd/DVD drive does not read or burn discs anymore. I 've used it yesterday to burn my brother a cd, and it hasn't worked since. I uninstalled the device and reinstalled it, and i have checked the connections. I am using this device with windows vista. I am thinking it maybe broken, but i am not sure. Ist there anything else that i could do to make sure it is not broken? any help would be greatly appreciated You do understand that this is a forum specifically for Microsoft Outlook? Can you please explain what your CD/DVD drive has to do with Outlook? If you can, we&#...

OWA Cannot read thai from yahoo
Hi All Now I have a big problem which is we are using Exchange 2003 and OWA. When we use OWA to open the mail from yahoo which has Thai characters, we cannot read them. When we open that message, we try to encode to thai, but we cannot change it. Please help. Win Win <Win@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Now I have a big problem which is we are using Exchange 2003 and >OWA. When we use OWA to open the mail from yahoo which has Thai characters, >we cannot read them. When we open that message, we try to encode to thai, >but we cannot change it...

Outlook 2007
What does this cryptic message mean? I only sent it an hour ago. Have the receipt rules changed in OL2007? Beemer Beemer <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote: > What does this cryptic message mean? I only sent it an hour ago. > Have the receipt rules changed in OL2007? This usually means that you reqested a read receipt and the recipient deleted the message while it was unread. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eABybKFAIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Beemer <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote: ...

Not reading in ReadFile function through COM port
Hello, I try to transfer file(in .txt format) from my test PC to my working PC through serial port(COM port). One pc I open hyper terminal and set a connection in 9600(baud)-8(data bit)-none(parity)-1(stop bit)-none(flow control).In another PC I write the code below in vc++ 6.0. I select Transfer->Send Text File and open a text file in my test PC. Then I run this code in my working PC. Altough ReadFile function doesn't get error message. dwBytesRead shows 0 during reading and text in text file does not transfer to MyBuffer. My code is : /////////////////////////////////////...

Outlook 2002 cannot read 2003 attachment
I run Outlook 2002 and I received an Outlook 2003 message sent as an attachment. When I try to open the attachment, the error message is: "Outlook cannot open this message. A newer version, such as Outlook 2003 or later, is required to open this message." Yes, that is a clear and correct error message. The technical part behind is that Outlook 2003 uses UNICODE and Outlook 2002 and previous ANSI. Have them resend the item in a either the old format or something like htm or txt. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; Quic...

CANNOT READ EMAIL
I am able to retrieve email from my POP server using Outlook Express, but I am unable to view the message contents. It simply appears blank. This happened after I removed all the .dbx files from the Outlook Express folder and attempted to replace them with the ones that I had saved from my old computer. The same problem occurred with the old files; I was able to see the messages with the sender and subject, but not able to view the message contents. Now I can't read ANY of my messages. If anyone can tell me how to fix this problem and to restore the contents of my old messa...

attachments -- NOT read only
In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only i like the old way -- not read only --- where can one can / delete the read only option on attachements??? thanks On 10/21/2003 11:31 PM, jackws@jsarch.com wrote: > In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files > sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only Just save the file to your local machine and start from there... Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- Is there any other way then to save the f...

Cannot read online user's guide to money 2004
I am not able to read the online user's guide for 2004 at the money/support website. The manual appears to be in javascript. I click the link and nothing happens. I can read the normal weblink below it. What should I do? ...

Cannot read money 99 backup into money 2004
I've upgraded to 2004 and the program trys to read my 99 version back up file. It starts to convert and at the end says backup is from an incompatible version. Anybody?? See the mother of all FAQs at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Rob" <rthorn@dezzanet.net.au> wrote in message news:142ba01c444a9$9d389770$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I've upgraded to 2004 and the program trys to read my 99 > version back up file. It starts to convert and at the end > says backup is from an incompatible version. Anybody?? >-----Original Message----- >See the m...

older version of publisher cannot read newer version
I have publisher at work (2000) and at home (2002) and if I create a propject at home and bring it to work, I cannot open and work on it at work. Does anyone have a remedy for this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Erin <eemcc@aol.com>... > I have publisher at work (2000) and at home (2002) and if > I create a propject at home and bring it to work, I cannot > open and work on it at work. Does anyone have a remedy > for this? File > Save As > Publisher 2000 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/t...

Cannot read usenet articles
I have a usenet account and Outlook will download the messages, but then they won't be displayed. "Greg" said in news:17e5901c41905$1dbd69a0$a101280a@phx.gbl: > I have a usenet account and Outlook will download the > messages, but then they won't be displayed. Outlook doesn't support NNTP (network news transfer protocol) for Usenet/newsgroups. Outlook Express handles that; it gets called by Outlook. Repost in a newsgroup for Outlook Express. For a quick suggestion, check your views and rules. -- _______________________________________________________________...

publisher 98 files opening in 2003 (Not Norton, not Read-only)
Hi all, I just upgraded from publisher 98 to 2003, however none of the files will open under 2003, I get the error message "Publisher cannot open the file" I've searched the forums for several hours, but have had no success in finding a solution. The comptuer I'm trying to open it with has never had norton installed and all the files I've tried are not read-only. Any other suggestions? Unfortunately I've long since list my original 98 install CD.. Thanks Do you have any other anti-virus software? Disable it and see if the files open. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

Not reading in ReadFile function through COM port #2
Hello, I try to transfer file(in .txt format) from my test PC to my working PC through serial port(COM port). One pc I open hyper terminal and set a connection in 9600(baud)-8(data bit)-none(parity)-1(stop bit)-none(flow control).In another PC I write the code below in vc++ 6.0. I select Transfer->Send Text File and open a text file in my test PC. Then I run this code in my working PC. Altough ReadFile function doesn't get error message. dwBytesRead shows 0 during reading and text in text file does not transfer to MyBuffer. My code is : /////////////////////////////////////...

cd-rom not reading program
I recently purchased the Publisher 2002 to upgrade my Office 2000 Publisher program. Now my cd-rom will not acknowledge the disk. All of my other programs work, apparently this one my be faulty. Is there a way to fix this? If so how do I do it. I've tried to install it manually but that doesn't work either. Please give me some suggestions on how to correct it. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from little11969 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I recently purchased the Publisher 2002 to upgrade my Office 2000 > Publisher p...

my imac will not read disks #2
my I mac will not read disks that it has been able to in the past- I have 0sx tiger. mlford620@gmail.com wrote: > my I mac will not read disks that it has been able to in the past- I > have 0sx tiger. What kind of disks? Disks with Office data on them? Office install disks? Since you posted in a newsgroup for Mac Office, that's why I'm asking. If your iMac won't read any disks - a variety of CD/DVDs - this has nothing to do with Mac Office and everything to do with a broken optical drive. Contact Apple support for help with that. Malke -- MS-MVP Elephant Boy Computers ww...

Excel says "Cannot read record 1234" upon opening .SLK file
I have an application that writes a .SLK file for consumption by Excel. It "works" in that Excel can open the SLK file and the formatting/values are preserved. But Excel reports a whole series of errors like "Cannot read record <number>". If I click "No" when Excel asks "Continue reporting each error", the file appears correctly. But the file is going to be automatically produced and then consumed by a client--I don't want to ask my client to "just ignore those errors". I'd rather find a way to produce a SLK file that didn't ...

Cannot read mailbox after re-enabling
We recently disabled an account because we thought the account was done being used. However today we found out we had to use it still. So we re-enabled it, but now we cannot log into it. We changed the password, but still can't log in via owa or outlook. What's also odd is that our account we use that has full mailbox access to every mailbox also cannot see this account. Any ideas how to fix this? I've compared it to a working normal account and all setting seem the same in ADSIEdit and Mailbox Settings tab in ADUC. Please help. Is it hidden from address lists? -- Bhar...

Cannot Read Emails in Public Folders
We have Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 running in native mode. Client is Outlook 2003 There are two Public Folders that are e-mail enabled. I can send email to them and in Outlook I can see the list of mail items however when I (as administrator) go to open them I get the message Can't open this item. Unknown Error. The strange thing is yesterday, when I set up these folders and sent a test message to them - I could open them. Now today I cannot open any of the previous messages sent yesterday or new ones sent now. I can however delete the items! I can post to the folder but a...

dvd-rw cannot read cd/dvd
Out of the blue, the optical drive cannot read the cd/dvd.When I power on the pc, it does detect the device as shown in 'my computer" but whenI insert a cd/dvd, it will not read it. I detached the data cable and attached it again, the pc recognised a new device but still it cannnot read the cd/dvd. However when I attached this optical drive into another pc, it can read the same cd. This shows me that the optical drive it functioning proper, so is it the controllers problem? As an experiment, I attached another optical drive from my wife's computer into my comput...