Sending "not read" messages

My outlook 2010 keeps sending out "not read" messages to senders who have
requested a read receipt.  My tracking option is set to "ask each time
whether to send a read receipt".  How can I stop Outlook from sending out
"not read" messages, I never want it to do that. Thanks.

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My outlook 2010 keeps sending out "not read" messages to senders who have
> requested a read receipt.  My tracking option is set to "ask each time
> whether to send a read receipt".  How can I stop Outlook from sending out
> "not read" messages, I never want it to do that. Thanks.

What type of account are you using?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
6/7/2010 2:08:15 PM
I am using a POP3 account.
Phil

>I am using a POP3 account.

When you look at your mail, do they get marked as read?  If you disable the
option to honor read receipts does the same thing still happen?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Microsoft 2003 Error Message: cannot read file
I was using Microsoft 99. Recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003. When I try to open money.mny I get the following message: Money cannot locate 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\MyDocuments\Money\Money.m ny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and click OK to try again. 1...

Cannot read attachments, previewers not installed
I have Office 2007 installed. When I open an email with an attachment, I receive a message stating that it cannot open because there are no previewers installed on it. I have followed microsoft help instructions regarding previewers that come with Office 2007 and my issue still exists. Suggestions welcome. ...

Cannot read Chinese characters in some programs
I have re-installed Windows XP on my desktop recently and now I cannot read Chinese characters in some programs. I have already installed the East Asian languages files under the "Regional and language options" as well as setting the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese(PRC). I have many Chinese fonts installed on my desktop. I have also added Chinese in the "Language preference" in Internet Explorer. Still, there are some programs and some websites that I cannot read the Chinese characters properly. Please help. Andrew -- Abba1091 -...

I cannot read the words
There are lines running through the words and sentences in my text email. How can I get rid of these ? Thanks so much. susan Sounds like you are using a strikeout font. look in tools, options, mail format, stationery and fonts - if its not set there - What version of Outlook? Is it in all mail or only plain text (or HTML)? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsl...

Outlook cannot read script
I am using Outlook 2002 and it is completely updated. I forwarded a copy of a web page to a group to which I belong. I added some text at the top of the page. When it came back to me and I opened the message, I did not see the text in the message. There was a banner up top that said, "This HTML message contains script, which Outlook cannot display. This may affect how the message appears." I have my security settings set to Internet. I have allowed script in all cases except the one which says "Allow scripting of Internet Explorer webbrowser [sic] control" is disabled...

attachments -- NOT read only
In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only i like the old way -- not read only --- where can one can / delete the read only option on attachements??? thanks On 10/21/2003 11:31 PM, jackws@jsarch.com wrote: > In Outlook 2003 --- it appears of the attachements files > sent in emails in excel/ wordperfect come in as read only Just save the file to your local machine and start from there... Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- Is there any other way then to save the f...

Money Downloads my statement, but I cannot read it
I can either manually download my credit card statement or have Money 2006 do it automatically. It says "Transactions to read:19" but when I go into the actual account the transactions do not show. My other credit cards work fine, it is only this one. I have experienced this before and then it started working again. Any ideas would be great! Is this Outlook-related? I'm not sure I understand the relationship of the problem to Microsoft Outlook? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

System will not read over 2G ram
I had 4 500m ram sticks=2gig,, i replaced them with 4 1g sticks,, under sys info it says i still only have 2g,,, i have an XP,, i went to DELL and ran scan it shows the full 4g,,, any ideas? Windows XP media center Edition, Version 2002, service pack 3 It dosent seem to run any better so i believe it is not using 2 of them and its not just a sys info error On Feb 2, 9:09=A0pm, OZ <O...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had 4 =A0 500m ram sticks=3D2gig,, i replaced them with 4 1g sticks,, u= nder sys > info it says i still only have 2g,,, i have an XP,, i went ...

could not read Chinese names
I am using windows xp English platform. Just schronising first time my address book to outlook from my blackberry curve. everything goes well except I could not read the traditional Chinese characters. Only ??? there. Any helps, thanks. -- Paul Do you have all the right character sets installed? I think you have to install Traditional Chinese support for Windows to get the proper display. "Paul" <mcbml@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#wE6UeZOKHA.4580@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I am using windows xp English platform. > Just schronising first time my address book...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

JAWS does not read Outlook 2007 email subject line
when scrolling through Outlook 2007 email the subject line, from or date does not read. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=74b122bf-4704-4398-ba16-bdcaf634e33e&dg=microsoft.publ...

Cannot read or write rewritable CDs
win xp professional version 2002, sp2 Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 1 gb ram I have a CD/DVD ROM and CD/DVD RW. I use the RW drive for backups, usually to DVD+RW; this currently works well. I have used CD-RW in the past, but not in quite a while. I recently tried to record a CD-RW, but the drive does not recognize the disc. I have tried 3 different kinds of CD-RW, all with the same problem. The same CD-RWs work normally in my laptop (same OS). The ROM reads DVDs and non re-writable CDs normally, but does not read rewritable CDs. Any ideas where to start tackling this? Thank...

Can not Read Excel files
Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a relatively new computer, Windows XP, and has Quattro Pro installed. However, she is working on group projects with people who have Excel and she can not read any of their files. I suggested the free viewer download from Microsoft but it doesn't seem to be supported by Windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks!! It is supported and works well "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352f01c4293e$94c90650$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a : relatively...

Cannot read file with password
I've created a 2003 .ppt file, with a password. If you enter the password you can make edits. If you do not enter the pw, then the file opens in read-only mode. When another person on our network tries to open the file, they receive an error message...."Powerpoint can't read the outline from s:\directory\filename.ppt. No text converter is installed for this file type." When opening the file from my workstation, I get the prompt to enter a password and everything works as expected. Any help? Could they have a version BEFORE 2002? "Kelli" <Kel...

Re-installed Money 2000/cannot read file
My hard disk died recently. I had saved my xyz.mny file elsewhere and still have my data. I have a new computer and have re-installed Money 2000, but I cannot open my file: "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. The file cannot be open with this version of Money". Can I resolve this or do I need to get Money 2004? JP Take a look at this KB article: Money: Error Message: You Are Trying to Open a File That Has Encrypted Information http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=283212 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.micro...

Cannot read a .pub file
I am creating a yearbook for my school. I have been working on the same file for months and whenever I try to open the file I get the message: Cannot read file. I am using Publisher2000 and have been working on the same computer from the beginning, the file is rather large... How can I open the file? Or recover the file? Is it possible that the file is too large to open? Please help, I am hoping I do not have to start all over again! Tara A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tara <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am using ...

ADC DOES NOT READ FROM 5.5
Can someone tell me what is required for the Exchange 2003 ADC to read the data from Exchange 5.5? Currently, my ADC does not replicate information from 5.5 to AD. I have already reentered the user/pass and restarted the service. Any help would be appreaciated. Can you expand on 'does not replication information'? i.e. if you create a new mailbox in 5.5, the ADC should, by default, create a new disabled Windows account in AD. Does it do that? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Kory" <koryg@co...

OWA Cannot read thai from yahoo
Hi All Now I have a big problem which is we are using Exchange 2003 and OWA. When we use OWA to open the mail from yahoo which has Thai characters, we cannot read them. When we open that message, we try to encode to thai, but we cannot change it. Please help. Win Win <Win@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Now I have a big problem which is we are using Exchange 2003 and >OWA. When we use OWA to open the mail from yahoo which has Thai characters, >we cannot read them. When we open that message, we try to encode to thai, >but we cannot change it...

Cannot read online user's guide to money 2004
I am not able to read the online user's guide for 2004 at the money/support website. The manual appears to be in javascript. I click the link and nothing happens. I can read the normal weblink below it. What should I do? ...

OL 2007 Auto Archiving Errors/Cannot read archive properties from
New Outlook user, please go easy on me. As of 01/01/2008 I have converted from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home Premium, dual core 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update. I used AddressMagic to import all of my email messages from Eudora into a new OL2007 PST file. Conversion worked great, and I can see and use all of my emails and attachments. FUNCTION: Auto Archiving ERROR: * Pop-up error message declares: "Errors occurred while archiving. Look for a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder." * Delete Items folde...

Cannot read Notes contacts by using Outlook
Hi, all, I have the following installed: MS Outlook 2003 MS Outlook Connector for Domino (Outlook 2003/2002 Add-in: Notes Connector: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8ebbba59-5f17-4e52-8980-c4f0dfa92d65&DisplayLang=en) Domino Notes Client 5.0.11 With Outlook Connector, I can smoothly sync between my Outlook and Notes, except that my Outlook cannot sync the Personal Address Book of my Notes. My Outlook can view all the server address book of Notes but cannot view the local Personal Address Book of Notes. What should I do? Many thanks. ...

Why do pivot tables not read numbers that are copied and pasted
I am working with a Pivot Table whose information comes from a two columns of data that has been assembled from data copied and pasted from other sheets. Unless I retype all the data, it only shows zeros when sum is selected from field settings. I need a way to get it to sum without retyping or at least to know why it will not sum the numbers. Thanks Excel is seeing the numbers as text. There are some techniques here that you can use to convert the text to numbers, so they can be summed in the pivot table: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html B_4j wrote: > I am worki...

Newline characters not read in appointments
Hi I am facing a strange issue. When i am sending appointments with the following text : "Hi There is a meeting tomorrow. Regards Rahul" The Invitees get the appointment with the following text in the body: "Hi There is a meeting tomorrow. Regards Rahul" The whole text appears in a single line. Newline characters are not read. Emails and other activities are working fine. Any idea why? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25...

Could not read the calendar error outlook 2010 beta
Hi guys, I'm getting the error 'Could not read the calendar' in my outlook 2010. Windows7 64bit, office 2010 BETA 32bit... I'm also using google sync 1.8.338.2001... I can view the calendar in 'list' format, but not in Calendar format, that's when the error message comes up... A real pain, any help appreciated. "jnrdavo" <jnrdavo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73AA251-0694-443B-A661-A828E60086CE@microsoft.com... > I'm getting the error 'Could not read the calendar' in my outlook 2010. > &g...

Cannot read my incoming e-mail
I cannot read my e-mails from the Inbox. I received them but the box below the incoming messages is blank. Has anyone experience this problem? Thanks, Barrie Beckman anglo@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot read my e-mails from the Inbox. I received them > but the box below the incoming messages is blank. Has > anyone experience this problem? Thanks, Barrie Beckman Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman I am experiencing the same problem >-----Original Message----- >I cannot read my e-mails from the Inbox. I received them >but the b...