Scanpst missing

Outlook says there is problem with
c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and to run
scanpst.exe. I have Vista and after searching computer cannot find the file.
Is there a way to download this file?
My computer is french so I don't always knowthe translations

It's there. Are you using 64bit vista? if so, office is in the 32 bit
programs file.  See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"Meena" <Meena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook says there is problem with
> c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and to run
> scanpst.exe. I have Vista and after searching computer cannot find the
> file.
> Is there a way to download this file?
> My computer is french so I don't always knowthe translations

0
Diane

Home Server Missing
Installed Exchange 2003 into 5.5 site with 2003 ADC. Now when creating users and thier related mailbox the home server does not populate. Any ideas? ...

Blank or missing sender
Hi, I have a E2k and E55 mix environment. Sometimes when my users use the send on behalf function to send an email out, the recipients would get the email with a blank sender address. Does anyone know why? Ken ...

I dont have scanpst.exe folder. How do I add one so I can fix Out
I get a message stating that I need to run scanpst.exe as I have a corrupt folder. In the file path under Office 12, there is not scanpst.exe folder. Is there somewhere I can download this file? Mary It is not a folder but a tool for scanning your pst files for errors. Do a search for scanpst.exe and when you find it go to it and run it with Outlook closed. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mary O" <Mary O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

miss aligned cards
Hi, I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is office 11) Now I have a new computer with office 2007. I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer. Now all my business cards print out off center. I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista. How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same when printing. My only advice would be to setup your business card document afresh. Use one of the Avery templates, they seem to work better. Copy/paste from the older document. Be very sure your printer d...

Recover Outlook 2007 if .pst file is missing (Vista) ?
Hi, I had a failed hard drive (corrupted boot sector) on my Vista machine running Outlook 2007. I am able to see/recover most of the data from the disk. However, I cannot find my Outlook.pst file anywhere on the hard drive. Please let me know if there is any way I can recover my data. Thank you! PST files are hidden. Likely locations are well documented: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/aboutpst.htm -- Russ Valentine "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02981EEF-17C5-4F72-9770-A11DD4FD9920@microsoft.com... > Hi, > &...

Missing transactions #3
Lasat night downloaded transactions from two credit card companies. This morning opened Money 2006 and no new credit card transactions! Both accounts at zero from last month's payments. Worse, all the checks I entered manually last week are gone. It's like nothing has been enterd since April 17. Tried to restore from a backup and the newest backup on my 'C' drive is dated April 10. No recent backups even though each time I exit, the backup seems to run. In microsoft.public.money, Pat Brown wrote: >Lasat night downloaded transactions from two credit card companies. Thi...

scanpst has caused an error in scanpst.exe
any ideas?. Can't archive or retieve archived files. I have run the Outlook repair to no avail Nope, not a clue. However, if you post your Outlook/Windows version, what happened to cause you to have to run scanpst.exe, and how big your .pst file is, someone might be able to help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | any i...

Extra info missing table
Hi, After converting from 97 to 2000 all tables and forms containing 'sys' in their name are missing. Where do I find them??? LP ...

Payroll Deductions Missing
Hello, Our payroll department ran salaried payroll last week and forgot to include several deductions in the payroll build. She processed payroll, issued checks and ran the direct deposit. Today she found out she was missing all these deductions and called me for help. I figured out WHY these weren't included in the payroll computer checks build (she didn't include them in "Include Deductions" window on Build Checks). However, we need to catch up these deductions and have the employees pay twice the amount next month. What are your suggestions for fixing the ded...

Missing Network Subfolders
Hello All, I have a user who can see all of her network folders and subfolders when you browse to them in Windows Explorer. However, within Word or any other Office Application, most of the subfolders are missing. For example, in Windows Explorer you can see S:\Folder\SubFolder1\SubFolder2. When you click on the Open button on the tool bar in Word, you only see S:\Folder\Subfolder1. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. ...

Outlook 2007 email graphics missing
Recently my e-newsletters are not showing most of the graphics. Where a graphic should appear is just a blank box (no x). I'm not sure if these are background graphics or not. This is really annoying. Of course I can open them up as a web page. I also have Norton 360 v. 2 upgraded recently. Could that have caused the problem? I've disabled Norton but the images still didn't show up. -- Neil Neil, The graphic in your e-newsletter must be linked to the image which must reside on a web server. It would be much easier for all of your recipients, if you would create a ...

Appointment Tracking Missing
I created an appointment (Outlook 2007) and invited several participants and the tracking option in the navigation went missing. Does anyone know why this happened? It didn't happen to all of my appointments, just a few... any suggestions? -- CoffeeGuru http://forums.slipstick.com Was the meeting moved or copied to a new calendar folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips...

Excel missing from drop-down menu
Excel has been deleted from the programs drop-down menu and now I have a shortcut icon on desktop. How do I get Excel back on drop-down menu? Drag it back to the menu. HTH Otto "Gary" <gd-adgroup@qwest.net> wrote in message news:063d01c37bed$d2998d50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Excel has been deleted from the programs drop-down menu > and now I have a shortcut icon on desktop. How do I get > Excel back on drop-down menu? ...

Missing transaction to review
Money downloaded transactions from online source through "Internet Update" button. It shows that I have 1 transaction to review. When I click on that link it goes to the appropriate account, however, there is not items to review. I have money 2004 deluxe. I already run repair utility on this file with no success. In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: >Money downloaded transactions from online source through "Internet Update" >button. It shows that I have 1 transaction to review. When I click on that >link >it goes to the appropriate account, however, ...

Toolbars missing
My toolbars in Excel 2000 ( Office 2000) have disappeared. ALSO menu items:Edit, Insert, Format, & Data are greyed out and cannot be accessed. Tried repairing through add/remove programs - no different. No new workbooks or installed programs. Can access options but nothing in options fixes it. Can access View/toolbars but 'clipboard'is only toolbar available. Win 2k OS, 512 RAM, P111. HELP!! Mike Coleman Cairns, Australia Hi Mike Try this Often this is a corrupt or bloated toolbar file *normal* size is < 30 kb. The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it. Close Exc...

ScanPST does not repair all?
After running ScanPST and fixing errors, I then run the tool again and it is still finding errors? Is this normal, how many times do you typically need to run this? What is going on behind the scenes that the tool is not fixing all the errors? Thanks. How big is the pst file? RUnning scanpst.exe until it finds no errors is always the best route. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Al Franz asked...

Save excel as xml: null elements are missing
Hi, I am saving a xls file to xml data format, I use a xsd for the mapping. For some reasons the following happened: 1. On the output, the first line on the XML it says says <xml ... =91standalone =3D =93yes=94>. Is there anything I can set in xls, so that c= an be removed? 2. Some of the elements on the output is not shown when the Excel's cells is empty (not even the element's tag name) . I need those elements to appear even the cell is empty. Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated. ...

missing attachment in outbound emails (sometimes)
Hi all, I did a search in this forum regarding my problem but it seems that there has never been a satifying anwer. We have SBS Pre 2003 with 15 user license. Recently, we started to have problems with the PDF attachment from Quickbooks (accounting software) in email to suppliers. Some of them complain that there is no attachment in the email. Some of them have no problem getting the attachment. Some are from the same company. The emails are generated by Quickbooks and sent in Plain Text format. We have Outlook 2003. My question is: has it to do with AV or Exchange filtering? If so, ho...

Enterprise RUS Missing
I am missing the Enterprise level Recipient Update Service. When I click on new, it only gives me an option of adding a domain. How do I recreate the Enterprise RUS? James There is only one Enterprise RUS per Forest. What is you AD structure as this is not something that should need to created manually. Nue "James Turner" <James Turner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5194C8F9-51F7-456F-9AFE-9C50B22BC7DD@microsoft.com... >I am missing the Enterprise level Recipient Update Service. When I click >on > new, it only gives me an option of adding a...

Missing Vertical Grid Lines
Dear All I have a users who finds that all new Excel documents have the horizontal lines only. I have re-installed and service packed the installation (Office 2000) - can anyone help? thanks Trace 1. Try changing the colour via Tools/Options/View/Colour. 2. I wonder if it is a monitor screen problem. Try upgrading th driver -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Shared Calendar Data Missing
We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007. One of our users is sharing her calendar and would like others to be able to post to it. She has invited the others to her calendar as reviewers and they are able to see her calendar. When I change the permissions from reviewers to contributors or custom the others can no longer get the data from her calendar. They only see a blank calendar. In order to see the calendar information again I had to delete the users and recreate the calendar share as a reviewer. I also tried setting up the others manually by going into the properties ...

Assign Activity -- what right could I be missing?
I've created a security role (based on VP of Sales) that is set to "Business Unit" access levels for the Activity Entity. I want a user in this role to be able to use "Actions, Assign" to assign an activity from one user to another in the same BU. I keep getting the error message that "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action." I have edited the security role so that it is Organization level access (all green) for everything except create and write. CRM still isn't...

Where is Scanpst?
I am attempting to clean out users mailboxes because they are too large with spam. Anything over 100 meg and i try to clean it out. However, when i click in the inbox i get a message 'Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in c:... ... outlook.ost. Use inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool see Help.' I guess i don't understand the instructions or what to do here.... charlie On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:32:45 -0500, "charles kuchar" <charliekuchar@news.po...

Missing email/.pst file
Had to reinstall W2K server after a virus. Created a new domain and joined the workstations to the new domain. One of the users has a laptop running XP Pro and gets a ton of email. He had 7 .pst files that he references his old mail from and every 1.5 to 2 months he "dumps" his inbox from his default pst to his current year .pst (i.e. 2004.pst). He last performed this "dump" to his 2004 .pst file about 2 months ago, and now, logged on with his new account from the new domain, I tried to find the .pst on his hard drive that contains this critical email and cannot find any ot...

missing type in xs:attribute
What type is used when I not specify it on xs:attribute? for example <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:complexType name="XXX"> <xs:attribute name="name" use="required"/> </xs:complexType> </xs:schema> Lars Lars Schouw wrote: > What type is used when I not specify it on xs:attribute? > > for example > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> > <xs:schema ...