save all attachments in outlook 2k3 not working with exchange 2010

Hi,

I have recnetly upgraded to exchange 2010,
everything is great but one issue I have noticed is that my outlook 2k3
users no longer have the save all attachments option on messages sent since
the migration.

older mail items with multiple attachments still function as they used to
do, there is no error message and it isnt that the save all attachments
option is greyed out, it doesnt even show up.

any help?

many many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and give your
input.

Regards
Mike Sharp

BUMP

anyone?

"Mike Sharp" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recnetly upgraded to exchange 2010,
> everything is great but one issue I have noticed is that my outlook 2k3
> users no longer have the save all attachments option on messages sent since
> the migration.
>
> older mail items with multiple attachments still function as they used to
> do, there is no error message and it isnt that the save all attachments
> option is greyed out, it doesnt even show up.
>
> any help?
>
> many many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and give your
> input.
>
> Regards
> Mike Sharp

You can try this workaround: Select all attachments (Ctrl+A), Copy (Ctrl+C),
navigate to your destination folder, Paste (Ctrl+V).

From MSFT support:

There is a known issue with Exchange 2010 mailbox that  Outlook is unable to
save all attachments. The attachments are not listed properly. However,
users are still able to save individual attachment.

When users receive a MIME message from the Internet with attachments,
Exchange 2010 Content Conversion sets Content-Id on all attachments, thus
making them inline for Outlook. So Outlook is unable to list these
attachments in "save attachments" command. That is why it doesn't work if we
save attachments using the following methods:

1. Click File (menu) -> Save Attachments.
2. Open the mail, and go to the Office button | Save As | Save Attachments.

--

Kathleen Orland

"Mike Sharp" <MikeSharp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> BUMP
>
> anyone?
>
> "Mike Sharp" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recnetly upgraded to exchange 2010,
> > everything is great but one issue I have noticed is that my outlook 2k3
> > users no longer have the save all attachments option on messages sent
since
> > the migration.
> >
> > older mail items with multiple attachments still function as they used
> > do, there is no error message and it isnt that the save all attachments
> > option is greyed out, it doesnt even show up.
> >
> > any help?
> >
> > many many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and give
your
> > input.
> >
> > Regards
> > Mike Sharp

0
Orland

Outlook 2000
Please hear me out and I hope anyone has an answer. There is a guy who sends our company an email with a couple of attachments and at the bottom of the email he has a disclaimer that just says stuff like 'This email is intended for whoever and it is private or whatever' anyways I can open this message up fine and download the attachments or anything he sends. Same with everyone else except for one lady downstairs. She has Outlook 2000 and she can view everyones emails fine EXCEPT from this guy. What happens is the message is nothing more than that disclaimer then there is the...

vlookup issue ( not working and im tearing my hair out)
Okay , well i cant discuss the actual info in my sheet but ill come up with a good analogy of it all . Ok basically on sheet 2 i have all the teams in my NHL ( my company) listed under the immediate manager. I also have the players last name, first name and number set out as such ; Team A Shivers Paul 14 Jacobsen John 25 Tucker Tanya 98 Team B Pitt Brad 22 Murray Bill 28 Clinton Hillary 55 You get the point, ok , on sheet 1 ( my main page accessible to my company ) , i have this format... Managers last name Players last name ...

Outlook wont work!
I just bought a new computer that came with a trial version of MS Office 2003. Since I already have MS Office Pro XP, I uninstalled the trial versions and installed my CD. Everything works (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Frontpage, etc..) except Outlook. When I start the program up it says "cannot load default email folders, would you like to open the default system folder instead?" (something to that effect). Outlook then opens My Computer. There's no calendar available, no email....basically it becomes a fancy windows explorer. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my co...

Cant open outlook hyperlinks
hello im using office beta 10 running on windows 7 for a system and I cant open embedded hyperlinks in my email states action restricted due to system config see admin i am the admin on this comp and i cant find the way to enable looked in the outlook settings and trust center i feel its a system setting but not strong in that area any help???? "Discdat1" <Discdat1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:449B67E2-01A0-4951-A9D9-D625F7FFD81F@microsoft.com... > hello im using office beta 10 running on windows 7 for a system and I cant > open embedde...

Uknown error on send attachment.
I have a code in a form command button and a module code to send attachments like .pdf, .doc or other besides an .snp report that is exported previously, but the code does not work, I can't find the reason, can you please take a look at it and advise?.. Thanks a lot in advanced for your help.. Form Code ======================================== Private Sub sendreport_Click() On Error GoTo Err_sendreport_Click If Me.[Path_Loc1] <> "" Then 'Declare file path Dim strfile As String strfile = Me.[Path_Loc1] 'save report as Snap Shot before sendin...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Exchange Server Crash
Hi, My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I backup all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP to recover the Server to another h/w? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx "Kelvin" <Kelvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:679CA2F5-7085-49C7-AAD5-D78A0CAA64A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > My Exchange 2003 Server (not a DC) h/w crash and all mail are lost. I > backup > all files (priv1.edb, priv1.stm ..) before the diaster. Is there any SOP ...

blank attachment received
we are using exchange 2003 server and outlook 2003 for both user, One user sent email to the 2nd user, insert an email item as an attachment, when the 2nd user open the mail item attachment, everything is blank, the sender/receipient/CC/Subject/Body message are all blank. anyone can help me to chase out this issue ? server is running Macfee Group Shield plus antispam, but if the server block the attachment it should inform the sender ot receipient, but nobody receive alert message. regards Steve Just stumbled on an odd possibility while researching this issue: User had an auto-for...

Save and save as

can I switch outlook from laptop to desktop
How do I switch my entire outlook file back and forth between my laptop and my desktop so I can use it from home to office and also when I travel? Simply copy the pst-file but make sure you do not overwrite any existing pst-files in this process. Then connect to the pst-file via File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... If desired, you set it as your default delivery location then within Outlook but note that you could be redownloading all your email from the server then when you have the option "Leave a copy on the server" enabled (FWIW: Outlook 2010 will deal with ...

Outlook- Customize Outlook today
Hello, After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? Jeff This may help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08d501c3b28e$fd373620$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to > use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I > get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? > &...

Groupwise to outlook
We are converting from novell to microsoft. As part of the conversion, we will be converting from Groupwise to outlook. Is there anyway to export/import the adress books from Groupwise to Outlook. I am finding that the export formats in groupwise do not match the import formats in outlook. Any advice? Is there third party software somewhere? ...

Saving Images

Why would a Windows Scheduled Task stop working?
Hello: Several weeks ago, I developed a .cmd file that runs a GP macro (.mac file). It runs perfectly. Then, I created a task through Windows Server 2003 Task Scheduler that runs this .cmd. and therefore the macro, automatically. The task works perfectly, when I right-click on the task and choose "Run". And, for three weeks, Task Scheduler ran this .cmd file automatically. Then, a few days ago, it stopped running the .cmd file at its scheduled time. Again, if I right-click on it and choose "Run", it does run. But, why would the Windows Task Scheduler all of a s...

Outlook 2007 Calendars
How do I combine all calendars into one calendar: Birthday; US Holiday; appts.. I want the choice of looking at ONE calendar and seeing all of this different information displayed. Are you using the Outlook Connector with a hotmail/msn account? Hotmail creates the different calendars. You can drag everything to one calendar (use all appointment view then select all and drag or move). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscr...

Outlook 2k3 no dial location
I have one Windows XP client that I just installed Outlook 2003 on. Of 60 or more that I have done none has had this problem. When working offline and pressing F9 the send/receive dialog box comes up correctly. It is followed by the logon dialog box as it should. The problem is that the logon dialog box is missing the list boxes for the phone number to dial as well as the dial location. I haven't seen anything that would turn this feature on or off. Detect and repair had no effect. The user can still make the settings changes from "Tools --> Send/Receive" so he's not dead...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Opening Attachments
I am having a problem opeing attachments in email message in Windows Live Mail. According to the instructions you should be able to right click on the attachement and then click on Open and it should open. When I do this nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? It happens with all types of attachment files, pdf, doc, xls, etcl Thanks for any help on this. RB That should work. What happens if you double click an attachment? Also look at Tools (ALT+T), Safety Options, Security. Uncheck the Do not allow attachments to be opened ... -- Mike - http://TechHelp....

Sending web page attachments
Whn attempting to send a web page via e-mail I receive the following message. What do I need to do in order to send these pages error free and why is the message being received in the first place? Thank you - Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments:www.msnbc.msn.url ...

Saving default tabs

How to delete task request from inbox on Outlook 2007
For 13.5 months a "task request" from a coworker has been parked in my inbox. The task is complete and was marked as such but I cannot delete it, move it, reply to it, forward it, or take ANY action on it without the message "the operation failed" popping up. Any suggestions on how to clear this would be appreciated. The coworker has cleared this on his outlook as well and our IT guy has not been able to do anything with it either. In fact, nobody in the office has any idea why my system is unique this way. I've never had issues with any other tas...

Outlook Express Unsafe Msgs
Hello partners, I need your help. I'm tring to "access"=20 an attachment that was removed by OE saying it was an=20 unsafe atttachment, I found how to do this with Outlook,=20 and it says tha OE does not block it so there are no=20 instructions on how to "un block" but it IS blockes. please help.=20 thank you=20 - Hugo S=E1nchez "Hugo Sanchez" <hugocpp@cox.net> wrote in message news:040201c34da5$f61f87f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... Hello partners, I need your help. I'm tring to "access" an attachment that was removed by OE saying it was an unsafe...