Restriction on link

I have recently made an unknown change to my Outlook 2007 which has prevented
me from going to links from Outlook.  When I click on the link I get the
error message that the "operation was canceled due to restrictions on the
computer...contact your newtork administrator".  Can anyoone tell me how to
fix this?  I can't figure out what change I made but this change just started.

This is an issue with your Internet Explorer and not with Outlook

See the following
 http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"RangerRick" <RangerRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently made an unknown change to my Outlook 2007 which has prevented
> me from going to links from Outlook.  When I click on the link I get the
> error message that the "operation was canceled due to restrictions on the
> computer...contact your newtork administrator".  Can anyoone tell me how to
> fix this?  I can't figure out what change I made but this change just started.

0
Peter

Problem with image links
Hi! I have some leaflets that I'm making with Publisher 2003. My main computer where my work folder is: C:\Documents and Settings\El Bimbo\My Documents\Leaflets This folder is also shared to network. I made my last leaflet with my notebook via network, so path to my leaflet-folder was: Z:\Leaflets I have almost 500 images in my leaflet and I have linked all the images to my work file - simply because it's much faster to work that way. All the images are same folder as my Publisher work file. Now when I open my work file with main computer from C:\Documents and Settings\El Bi...

Excel XP cells are links
All of a sudden every Excel XP cell shows up as a link A link to what? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Wolf Zscheile" <Wolf Zscheile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0051CB8F-D9E6-443F-BC05-752B01368684@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden every Excel XP cell shows up as a link Hi Anne, it links just to another excel file, but only on certain pages and then always to the same file. It's disgusting.. "Anne Troy" wrote: > A link to what? > ******************* > ~Anne Troy > > w...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Links to Word .docs
I create links to Word .docs in Excel. They work for a while. Then after a few days they no longer work! I point them to the folder where the file is: d:\data\here and later the link changes, on its own, to: c:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\there \book.doc !!! Why does this happen? What's going on? TIA Saved from a previous post: A few people have said that this has stopped a similar problem from occurring. Maybe it'll help you--but you'll have to test it to make sure. In xl2003 menus: File|Properties|Summary Tab|Hyperlink Base change it to C:...

linked tables
I have a fixed database comprising circa 30,000 records - all unique service record numbers. I am importing 2 linked tables which have multiple records against the same serivice record number. My problem is that I only want them to link on a one to one basis. As there appears to be very little you can do to alter linked table parameters I'm stumped.... Help please - On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:20:02 -0800, POLARBILLY <POLARBILLY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a fixed database comprising circa 30,000 records - all unique service >record numbers. I am import...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Link Vendor Employees' Transactions to their Vendor Companies
We currently use Great Plains Version 8.0. We are a professional services company that uses a large number of subcontractor resources to deliver services to our customers. Many of these subcontractors work for a given organization or themselves. Amatel receives a vendor invoice for the work that has been performed by these vendors' personnel. We would like a method to enter a vendor invoice and then apply the individual timesheet lines to match up the invoice amount to the timesheet lines. The window would contain detailed information about the timesheet lines and the user could s...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Linking headers and footers
How do I attach the headers and footers across all work sheets in a work book. It's easy in word and appears difficult in Excel. All I want to do is have the same header on each page, have all pages in the workbook in order and the footer saying page X of Y with the Y being equal to the total pages of the workbook. Hi just select all sheets prior to changing the pagesetup (hold down the SHIFT key while selecting the sheets). Also print all worksheets to get this kind of numbering -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Anthea wrote: > How do I attach the headers and footers...

save workbook with only values and no links
I have a lot of workbooks which I have to handover to our accountant. want to save them without the links to other workbooks. I there a way to save a workbook without having to copy everything a than paste it. As it are workbooks linked with the add-in of exact globe, the value won't appear when the connection to exact globe (accounting software is not possible. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi exceller, I don't know what version it first appeared in, but if you go to Edit | Links, you can click the Break Links button to break external links...

Object Linking and Embedding error
When trying to open up Microsoft Excel 2000 I receive an error of "Object Linking and Embedding". A reboot fixes it temporarily. I tried re-installing MS Office 2000 fully over again and still did not resolve the problem. I installed sp1, 2, and 3 and the oreg* patch and still did not work. I also have wordpefect 2000 installed on my PC adn don't know if this might be causing the problem. I am running Windows 2000 professional with the current service pack. Were you hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I have...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Getting rid of links
If I copy something into excel in HTML format from the net in order to maintain the data in columns, is there some way of removing all the links that copy across with it in one foul swoop rather than individually? -- Timmy Mac1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Timmy Mac1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15188 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502078 ...

Updating External Links
I have a workbook that pulls a lot of external links. They always come from the same location in other sheets. Imagine that I have another workbook that has sheets "Price List As of 1-07," "Price List As of 2-07" etc. The in this workbook, I have a sheet with "Current Value Of Inventory" and in cell A1 I always want the current price of Item #1. So the reference might be to the Price List workbook, and the 4-07 tab today, the 5-07 tab next month, etc. Is there a simple way to just put the name of the associated sheet in a cell, and let it update that way? I ...

Linking to external document using INCLUDETEXT field looses images
Hello, I would like to inlude the content of another Word document into my Word document. I use the field { INCLUDETEXT "path-to-external.doc"}. It works almost fine (including styles, TOC, references). Unfortunately the images of the external document appear only as gray boxes. I use Word 2007. Can you help? Best regards Michael Are the images in the external document embedded or (more likely) linked? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft....

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Winmail linked to aol
Using aol/winmail link for years. This week stopped showing sent mail and seems like slowing down considerably. ...

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...

restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print
Hi, It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our implementation policies. Is there a possible workaround for this restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in advance. In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this. v3.0 should enable this via security roles. In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a server-based call to determine the security. Matt Parks...

how to stop links from opening in reading pane
I use Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP OS. Recently, when I click on a link, instead of just opening in my browser, my computer starts another copy of Outlook and tries to open the link in the reading pane. I am using safari. Any idea how to change this so the link only opens in Safari? Thanks ...

Broken Links....
Hi there we will soon be moving our file servers and renaming them, as well as changing user drive mappings in our domain. as a result any links in files (including macros, linked tables, pivot tables etc) referring to other files elsewhere, will break. is there any way/ software that people know of that can scan for and report.... maybe help fix too, these broken links? Many thanks for any help. ...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

unknown links
I have a file with charts (and maybe other things I am not seeing) and it's filled with links from the charts out. I cannot, by looking at all the charts manually, find the link that is to the wrong file (although there are three files that are being referenced which are old). Is there any way to do a workbook level search of ANY occurence of these that are being referenced, so I can relink them to newer files? I know that typically formula searches for all the grouped sheets at once would find it. But I am afraid that with charts I am missing something. Thx. -- Boris When I ...

shortest path to "link child fields" property
Hi In FormOpen event of a subform I want to use the "linked child fields" property of the "subform control" that contains the subform. The only way I see this is: for each ctl in subform.parent.form if ctl.controltype = acsufform then if subform.name = ctl.form.name then FOUND Is there a shorter way to do this? Riyaz How about Me.Parent.Form.<nameofsubformcontrol>? Carl Rapson <riyaz.mansoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178703926.581738.244140@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > > Hi > > In FormOpen event of a subform I want...