Replying with an alternate e-mail that uses the same gmail account

I work for several businesses and have multiple e-mail addresses that all
forward to my personal gmail account.  I have dealt with incoming mail
forwarding to the proper folder depending on the e-mail address the sender
uses, but when I reply I either have to type the right address into the
"From" box (pain) or it shows up as coming from my gmail account even though
they sent it to one of my aliases.

Can I set up a rule that all replies to e-mails sent to an alias use the
same alias for the response?  Ideally I'd like to be able to have an e-mail
conversation appear to the other person as all coming from the appropriate
professional address and they never see my gmail address.  Thanks!

"KC Nick M" <KC Nick M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I work for several businesses and have multiple e-mail addresses that all
> forward to my personal gmail account.  I have dealt with incoming mail
> forwarding to the proper folder depending on the e-mail address the sender
> uses, but when I reply I either have to type the right address into the
> "From" box (pain) or it shows up as coming from my gmail account even though
> they sent it to one of my aliases.

That's not what the From field is for.  Use the From only when connected to an
Exchange server.  To change the sending address, you need separate accounts,
each with one of the sending addresses you want your recipients to see.
However, with gmail as your SMTP server, it's pointless because gmail rewrites
the sender address to always be the address of the gmail account.  It's one of
their antispam techniques.

> Can I set up a rule that all replies to e-mails sent to an alias use the
> same alias for the response?

You can't.  There is no such rule.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Tool to roll DynGP Account Segment Description to existing account
If you have set up meaningful segment descriptions in the Account Segment Setup screen, you should be able to roll those down to replace the ones for existing accounts in the Account Maintenance window. Now, they will automatically pop in when creating a new account, but it would be nice to be able to replace previously entered descriptions with the more uniform descriptions from Account Segment Setup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" butto...

replies undeliverable
All of a sudden my replies to messages get kicked back instantly as "System Undeliverable" and when I check details it reads something like 550 local host, not gateway. This is a recent problem. I have checked all my addresses and I don't have any SPA boxes checked. Could use some help with this if anyone has had the same problem. Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

How do you enable Auto-Reply to send a reply more than once?
We have a requirement for a "Delivery to Outlook Client" confirmation be delivered to the originator each time they request it using a keyword in the subject line. The reply is generated as a Client-side rule using a template to reply. The default settings on the Exchange Server (2003) will only permit this to be sent to an originator once, so the rule works the first time, but not again until the client is restarted. Is there a way to get the Exchange server to send out the confirmation everytime, i.e., not have the server remember who has received a reply in the past? This &quo...

Problem with including CRM attributes in E-mail template hyperlinks
When an email template is created, there is no way of linking the attribute value and having that entire URL exist: 1) If you type out the beginning URL (ie: http://domain/org/leadid=) and insert the attribute value {!Lead:Lead ID;}, the beginning URL is highlighted, but not the attribute value. 2) If you type out the beginning URL with an extra 'x' (http://domain/ org/leadid=x), insert {!Lead:Lead ID;} between / and x, and use the delete key to remove x: the whole URL is highlighted, but when the email is sent, the incorrect hyperlink is being used. (Displays as http://domain/org/l...

Blocking Out of Office replies to Internet
Hi, I know the default on Exchange 2000 is to not allow Out of Office replies outside the Exchange organization. I am taking some flak from "Power Users" who say they need this functionality. My arguements for not turning it on are 1. Potential message looping 2. Spammers can validate the existance of valid email addresses. Does anyone have any concrete locations of official policy (e.g. Micorsoft KBs, security best practices) on this issue so I can direct my management to? Thanks I don't think you'll find a Best Practice, as this really pertains more to company need. ...

Migrating E-Mails from Goldmine
I am trying to migrate e-mails from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 using the data migration framework. In Goldmine, e-mail body is stored in a field called RFC822 in table MAILBOX. The RFC822 field is a 'text' field. In CRM 3.0 DMF, I need to insert the e-mail records in the cdf_EMail table. The RFC822 Golmine field needs to go to the 'Description' field in cdf_EMail (this is an ntext field). I am using INSERT INTO ... SELECT FROM kind of statements to select the necessary fields from Goldmine that need to post in cdf_EMail. The problem is with the RFC822 field. If i run the DMF data mi...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Get Appointment alert by e-mail
How can you get appointment alert by e-mail You'll need to use a utility. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_reminder.asp for a list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://forums.slipstick.com/show...

E-Mail on Outlook
When I try to open Outlook I get an error message that says "Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL. Outlook will now close." I have restarted the computer and continue to experience the problem. How can I fix this? My suggestion is to reinstall outlook from the CD. You can just do Outlook you don't have to do the whole suite. Dustin "JGinter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003101c39d80$71f14d80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open Outlook I get an error message that > says "Outlook has caused an error in ...

Is there a way to have zip codes display correctly when opening E.
Is there something that can be set in options or elsewhere so that whenever you open a workbook with leading zeroes, as in a zip code, it will be displayed? It's annoying to always have to reformat the cels to get zip codes to display correctly. These would be coming from database downloads to Excel format, from Datatel to be specific. Use a custom number format of '00000'. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "uh...clem" <uh...clem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E46ADB5-C...

using html tags in Outlook 2000
I would like to use html formatting commands, such as bold, unordered list, links, etc when sending emails. I have word as my editor and send in html format. But when I use html tags to format, the email recipient sees those tags, and they don't function. The only way I can send true html is to create an html page and use "Send Page by Email." Anyone know how I can just type in the html tags and have them work? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/edithtml.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cre...

REPLY TO MANY WITH SAME REPLY
I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY TO ALL AND HAVE THEM APPEAR IN BLIND COPY AND SUPPLY ONE ANSWER THAT WOULD BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL. POSSIBLE? MICROSOFT 2003 "SALLY" <SALLY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645EC1BC-38F0-46AB-A1A8-83E0F34EBC14@microsoft.com... >I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO REPLY TO MANY SEPARATE EMAILS WITH THE SAME > ANSWER. LIKE HIGHLIGHT THE ONES THAT NEED THE SAME ANSWER, CLICK ON REPLY > TO > ALL AND HAVE THEM APP...

Tool required for importing Analytical Accounting data
A tool for importing Analytical Accounting data with core transactions should be developed. Customer has several stand alone Great Plains installations (in distant countries) and wants to import GL entries with Analytical Accounting data into a centralized Great Plains environment. An import tool would also benefit customers who import GL, AP, AR, SOP transactions from external non-integration applications. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

replies to email not marked with reply icon
In O2k Outlook, replies to emails are usually marked with an appropriate icon with a red arrow. I no longer see these "reply Icons" on emails I have replied to. I have not loaded any additional software other than windows update. Any suggestions? Duke ...

Exchange log files and GFI mail archiverproblems
I am evaluating GFI Mail Arcvhiver with our Exchange 2003 server and running into problems. Basically, as soon as I enable the Mail Archive service, I have a huge increase in the # of transacation logs, enough of an increase that within an hour a few gigs of diskspace have been consumed. I would like to use the GFI product, but don't want to enable circular logging. No one at GFI has been able to help me on this and I have to think that it is something I have to be overlooking. Any ideas? On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 04:56:03 -0700, "Fred Weymouth" <FredWeymouth@discussio...

Outlook using all memory
Hello, is there anyone who can help me with a problem i Outlook 2000, when I start the program it uses all memory on the PC until it has used all available memory. If I watch the taks manager it doesn't seem that Outlook are using much memory maybe in the area of 40-100 MB, but the commit/charge "meter" shows that when I start Outlook that the memory usage increases about 10 times the number that are shown for outlook, when I cloes outlook the memory usage returns to normal. Tried to upgrade to Outlook XP, same thing happens. Any suggestions ? Tia Odd I've had odd...

Public Folders and 2nd user accounts with mailbox access
I have a quick question. Here is the background info, I have a user who logs in on a 2nd workstation as a different user ID than normal, and that other user ID has full access to that users mailbox. When logged in as the 2nd user id and in Outlook she can't access the Public Folders she normally can. She can only see ones with the default permissions set to be Reviewer or more. Is it possible for that 2nd user id while in Outlook to access public folders she would have logged in as her normal ID? I think the answer is no, but thought I would see if anyone can confirm this Thanks ...

HTML e-mail to a list of addresses
When I prepare an e-mail in HTML and attempt to send it to a list of addresses, I have to approve each one, but when I check Outlook outbox, it says "HTML", but the content is blank. If I send a an e-mail to a single address, it is in sent HTML format and is sent properly. Why can't I send an HTML e-mail to a list? what version of outlook and what are the exact steps you are doing to compose and address the mail? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Automatically selecting email account
I have 2 email accounts, one for business and one for personal. Both are= = configured in Outlook 2003. My contacts list contains a number of busine= ss = contacts (category =3D "Work") and a number of personal contacts (catego= ry =3D = "Personal"). Is there a way to automatically use the appropriate email = account according to which person I am emailing? I mean that the moment Outlook sees a contact in the "to" field who is = assigned to the "Work" category, it uses the business email etc. I don't want a business contact to see my pe...

Reply to All -(myself)...
When I hit Reply to All, it automatically includes me. Is there any way to get it not to do this? Thanks! if you have two or more accounts, outlook has trouble knowing who you are. The workaround is either delete your name or create a rule to delete mail to and from yourself. BTW - Outlook 2003 does a better job at identifying you. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com &quo...

Microsoft Office 2004 and two user accounts not working
I am using Microsoft Office 2004 and have three user accounts. When I logout as one user and login as another user I am not able to run Microsoft Word I get the Welcome screen and have to enter my sn# again. This happens on two out of three users on my Powerbook G4 running 10.4.9. I have repaired permmissions and also reinstalled Office. The user that everything works for is the user I used to install Office the first time. Thanks for the help Hi Michael: I'm guessing here, but if you originally installed from a Limited User, Word would be installed in the User's structure, not i...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

Using foreign language symbols
Does anyone know how I can write an email in Spanish from Outlook Express using all the proper accents, punctuations, etc..???? I receive emails in Spanish with all these, but when I reply I do so without using the proper accents, etc. as used in Spanish. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Stapl...

Default accounts on Sales order processing
My client is using a dynamics version 7. They have inventory module and sales order processing. In each item, they have individual class ID. Then on each class ID they have predefined accounts like in the sales, their default account is sales account. But when the item is encoded in the invoice document in sales order processing, the sales account is always blank but it should be the defined sales account in the class id in which the item is classified. Can someone help me on this problem? Hope to have a reply... Thanks... No, you ALMOST have it right. The accounts are taken from t...

Outlook 2003, Cannot Send to a Specific E-Mail Address...all others Work
A friend of mine is using Outlook 2003 When he sends e-mail to an account he knows exists (its his work e-mail) using Outlook 2003 from his home e-mail (a comcast.net server), it eventually times out. The message is still in the outbox and Outlook keeps on trying to send it until I press cancel. he can send e-mail to anyone else both at work and my personal addresses. I can send him e-mail at his work address from my comcast.net address. My log file appears below (long listing) I think the relevant lines are: 2005.08.21 20:42:56 SMTP (smtp.comcast.net): [tx] MAIL FROM: <*****> 2005...