Receiving email in outlook 2007

Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails.
Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the
server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded
(pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program.

I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message
or know what I should do.  Thanks for you help.

Mark wrote:

> Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails.
> Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the
> server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded
> (pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program.
>
> I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message
> or know what I should do.  Thanks for you help.

Not an Outlook problem.  You are using Avast to intercept and interrogate
your e-mail traffic.  You have too many accounts defined within Outlook for
Avast to handle all those concurrent connections by Outlook (which goes
through Avast).  You never mentioned HOW MANY accounts that you have defined
within Outlook, or what is the mail poll interval you defined in Outlook
(you could be stepping atop a current mail session with the next scheduled
one if the interval is too short - use 10 minutes, or more).

Disable e-mail scanning in Avast (uninstall and reinstall WITHOUT the Mail
Shield and WITHOUT the Outlook add-on in version 4; version 5 (free) doesn't
have the Outlook add-on anymore but still uses its transparent proxy to
interrogate e-mail traffic).  E-mail scanning is superfluous, anyway.
0
VanguardLH
2/19/2010 4:18:04 AM
Thanks,  I will give it a try.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>
> > Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails.
> > Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the
> > server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded
> > (pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program.
> >
> > I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message
> > or know what I should do.  Thanks for you help.
>
> Not an Outlook problem.  You are using Avast to intercept and interrogate
> your e-mail traffic.  You have too many accounts defined within Outlook for
> Avast to handle all those concurrent connections by Outlook (which goes
> through Avast).  You never mentioned HOW MANY accounts that you have defined
> within Outlook, or what is the mail poll interval you defined in Outlook
> (you could be stepping atop a current mail session with the next scheduled
> one if the interval is too short - use 10 minutes, or more).
>
> Disable e-mail scanning in Avast (uninstall and reinstall WITHOUT the Mail
> Shield and WITHOUT the Outlook add-on in version 4; version 5 (free) doesn't
> have the Outlook add-on anymore but still uses its transparent proxy to
> interrogate e-mail traffic).  E-mail scanning is superfluous, anyway.
> .

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

outlook xp not responding
Hi, problem : sometimes when i start outlook, you get the screen and you can't do anything, sometimes when a write a mail, it stop and doesn't respond any longer, sometimes when i want to open mails, same situation. i guess it has something to do with the security in level1remove. does this ring a bel for anyone ?? greets, c yes it does, Click File, Options, Other, and uncheck the option to load the messenger. "christophe" <christophe.roos@pandora.be> wrote in message news:03ca01c35545$86d423e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > problem : sometimes when i...

Is CACHE or CPU SPEED better for exchange 2007
We are trying to decide which is better for our Exchange 2007 servers: 2.66 QuadCore with 1MB cache per core (roughly $960) or 1.86 QuadCore with 2MB cache per core (roughly $819) Also, we are trying to figure out which is better for Exchange 2007: 1 Quad-core kit or 2 Dual-core kits Any ideas? These are for backend servers. These are beefy I know. but we add mailboxes to our servers every year and never lose them (mailbox for life policy). -- Regards, Blake Whitney GC Email Manager I would go with 2MB cache and lower CPU speed, but it is only my feeling based on experience with ...

Default account when replying to certain email address
I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me. I emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time. Outlook 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this one email address. I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes, and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default. Nearly everything I send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do otherwise. When I send email to one particular person, Outlook insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling it otherwise. I'm out of i...

Delayed Email Reception
Hello. I have a client who is using SBS 2008 Standard. On several occasions in the last week or so he has called to complain that he is receiving some email messages one day after they had originally been sent. Other mail is not coming in at all. There was a recent issue where he had his client on the phone while said client attempted to re-send the mystery mail message. He is receiving mail for the most part. However, there are times when mail does not arrive, or it arrives a day after it had been sent. Thank you Mail Client = Microsoft Outlook -- Osteele --------------...

Outlook 2000 password saving probem
I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my pop3. Also it always asked me for a password when I send an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save password box. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Plkease help. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the >passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me >for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my >pop3. Also it always asked me ...

Excel in Office 2007 01-23-10
My worksheet has gone blank (full screen ok - normal blank) Help! Are you sure you have opened an existing file and not a new one? What happens if you type somethings in A1, save the file, close it, and reopne? -- www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme "Hamish" wrote: > My worksheet has gone blank (full screen ok - normal blank) Help! Perhaps the windowed sheet is moved to a location out of view? Try View, Arrange all, Tiled. Hamish wrote: > My worksheet has gone blank (full screen ok - normal blank) Help! ...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Outlook runtime to terminate.
I have up dated to Windows xp Home. Now Outlook will not run. I have downloaded up dated. What do I need to do to run outlook on windows xp? ...

Start up of Outlook 2003
I'm fairly new to my Outlook 2003 and really appreciate its features. I've started using the calendar. Originally, when Outlook started, the Personal Folders was the initial selection, which gave me my calendar entries for the next few days. Now it starts up with the in box selected. Is there a way to force the start up screen to the Personal Folders? Thanks, Dennis Assuming you mean Outlook Today, go to the Outlook Today page and click Customize Outlook Today...select the checkbox for "When starting, go directly to Outlook Today". If this doesn't work, you need...

Emailing Newsletters
I would like to find out how to email a four page newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be able to see all pages, not only the front page. Any help? Thanks ..pdf it. Works every time. If that isn't an option, visit http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html JoAnn "jc" <jcpagan@fir.com> wrote in message news:0bc201c3dc4c$fe7c4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to find out how to email a four page > newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be > able to see all pages, not only the front page. > > Any help? > Thanks ...

Email rules??
If I set the email 'rules' option in Outlook or Outlook express to detect the word "pain", they both also pick up the word 'Painting" as well. Is there a way to prevent this? Thx ...

Outlook keeps hanging on mobile broadband connection
Hi there, are there any settings that I should check to stop Outlook from keep hanging when I'm on a mobile broaband connection? All other internet program work just fine, it is only Outlook that has an issue with it. I shoiuld mention that it is Outlook 2007 on XP Pro SP 3. The task bar icon is permanently set to "Microsoft Outlook is requesting dats from the server". Messages stay in the Outbox until you kill the Outlook process and restart it. what type of email account? do you have outlook set to use any internet connection? -- ...

Print a form crashes Access 2007
I "copied" a form from a pdf, and "pasted" it to a create a form, and added fields to it and it worked fine, until recently. I tried to print it and Access "encounters an error". Since I couldn't figure it out, I recopied the form only from the pdf form and pasted it, creating a new form. I just tried to print the form without adding any fields, and it still "encounters an error" when I try to just print it. Other forms work, and this one used to...what in the world could this be, and how can I fix it. -- djkc55 ...

New email moved in Deleted items folder
Hi, After we activated a rule to transfert new e-mail to another mailbox all new e-mail were automatically moved to the deleted items folder. We had used this rule before with no problem. I first deactivate the rule and e-mail are still going to deleted items. I've also tried to delete the rule but still have the problem. It's an Exchange 2007 user mailbox and we are using Outlook 2007 on client side. Line Open Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to deactivate all rules both client and server side. You may have rules in conflict. "LM" <LM@discussio...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Sharing Calendars Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003 on a community college employee network. I have created an additional calendar under my main Calendar folder and would like to share it with selected personnel. I am able to right click on the calendar and select "Sharing..." from the context sensitive menu. Then I go to the Permissions tab and Add the personnel from the resulting dialog box. I then assign appropriate editing options and they end up listed as "Reviewer". How do the new Reviewers access this calendar from their computer? I am able to share the default calendar with no problems, but am at...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Outlook.pst has been damaged by another application
Outlook 97 has been running fine. It was minimized on the Win NT desktop. A new user mistakenly started up Outlook Express then exited out. When Outlook 97 is started now it generates the error message: The message file C:\WINNT\OUTLOOK.PST can no longer be accessed because it has been damaged by another application. Is there a way to repair the file or recover the data? -R. Baron Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against the .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my...

Outlook
Hi, I have just got a new PC with Windows 7 and installed office 2007. When I tried to start newsgroups from outlook I needed to add the "News" command to the "Go" menu. I had done this on my old PC (Windows XP) but now the "News" command does not appear in the commands on the Customize window. When I select the "Go" category I get 17 commands as listed below. Is there an Add-in that I need? or can someone please tell me how to get the "News" command. Inbox Mail Drafts Outbox Sent Items Calendar Contacts Tasks Notes My Com...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

email partial worksheet
How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you wan to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you want >to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...