received a 551 error message when sending an email

--
Barbara R. Griffin
Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com

"Barbara R. Griffin" <BarbaraRGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E6649DF7-CC94-4F8D-9339-2AB2BFDC243D@microsoft.com...

> --
> Barbara R. Griffin
> Barbara@BarbaraRGriffin.com

Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question.

If you'd bothered to do ANY searching in this group you would have found a
huge thread earlier today of which one post contained the following:

" From AT&T: I apologize but we are undergoing a system maintenance. Would
you please try
to check your client email program later today and see if it will work then.
This maintenance is intended to improve the service we offer you and we
regret any inconvenience. For the mean time, we suggest that you access your
email account online or we can temporarily change your outgoing mail server
and see if this resolve the issue."

0
Gordon

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

When I open Word, I get a message BCM addin doesnt match
When I open Word, Excel, Outlook, PP or Publisher I get a message 'BCM Office Addin'. 'Office Application Version doesnt match.' Uninstall BCM (MS Business Contact Manager) and test again. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Road" <Road@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B1161B9-BF81-4420-9967-4D30CC6A469A@microsoft.com... > When I open Word, Excel, Outlook, PP or Publisher I get a message 'BCM > Office > Addin'. 'Office Application Version doesnt match.' ...

Custom Error Message 06-27-07
I have a table that holds information about construction sites. Three of the fields (account number, lot number and street address) are a mulitiple field primary key. I have a form that is used to enter the information into this table. If the combination of the account number, lot number and street address have all ready been used, it will not accept this entry (which is what I want). But I get an standard Access error message. How can I give an error message box that will really tell the user what is wrong and how to correct the entry? Phil Trap the Access error message in the On_Error...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

how do I block incoming messages with non-US charactersets?
I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? I have been getting so much spam from USA, Canada, Australia and Western Europe that I want to block all emails with non-cyrilliccharacter sets. How do I do that? "John Brahy" <johnbrahy@community.nospam> wrote in message news:exlO6fFPFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have been getting so much spam from Russia and Asia that I want to > block all emails with non-US character sets. How do I do that? Your message is very discriminatin...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Multiple emails for one contact in distribution list
I have created a group to send out bi-monthly emails from my personal email account. One of the people in the group would like to have the email sent to her work email and to her personal email. I have attempted to add both email addresses to the group, and initially it does. After syncing, however, the personal email disappears from the group list because it is not the primary email listed in the contact. Is there a way to include both email addresses without creating a separate contact for just the personal email? I am running Outlook 2010 beta. My email is through Hotmai...

Metabase Cache Error
Okay... I'm new to this. I have MSCRM setup and running well through web access, however, in the Outlook client I get an error when I try to view the CRM records Offline. I can view them just fine throught the CRM website, and also through the Outlook client, when I'm online. But when I sync and go offline, I get the following error: Metabase Cache Error (then in the window below) No Entity (with a big red "X") What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

Warning message WMP11
Cant start, I got message "file wmploc.dll have ver.no 11.0.6002.18111, 11.0.6002.18065 expectet". Thanks for your support. On 5/6/2010 5:08 AM, WMP11 wrote: > Cant start, I got message "file wmploc.dll have ver.no 11.0.6002.18111, > 11.0.6002.18065 expectet". > > Thanks for your support. Open up cmd.exe as Administrator and run: unregmp2.exe /UpdateWMPVersion -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. --...

Error in Access 2007
I created an application some time ago using Access 2000. It worked fine for a long time. Now I have Access 2007 and Access 2000 installed on my machine with Win Vista. Now when I try to open the Access Application in either version I get the following error: "The expression on open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events" I am stymied. Please help! John King Could it be this issue: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Austr...

Error on start
Excel 2003 is producing the following error on start-up: --------------------------- NET Co Library --------------------------- System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC at Excel._Application.get_VBE() at NETCoLibrary.AddinModule.Add_Menu_Items() --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I have two add-ins installed (MZ Tools and Smart Indenter). Both work.There are no other add-ins installed (either in VBA or Excel). This does not occur every time I start Excel. I cannot recognise a pattern in my use o...

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

PM_Key_MSTR Table Error
I am trying to post my batches in Cash Book Management. But I get the error " Value exists in the PM_Key_MSTR table" I went to check the table, PM00400 but did not find the the check numbers am trying to post there and neither are there duplicate values/records found. Please what is wrong? -- pibsng Its the first two fields that must be unique, the CNTRLNUM and CNTRLTYP combined. Run a checklinks and reconcile on this table. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our b...

email partial worksheet
How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you wan to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you want >to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Error message in Outlook
When I try to open a link in Outlook I get this error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effec on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator, and I have tried Microsoft 'Fix it' and other sites. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone help? I'm not sure any question has been answered more often than this one. Never hurts to search the group before you reveal the fact that you haven't bothered to do so. It would save both you and us some time if you did. http://www.slipstick.com/prob...

'not responding' message
Can someone tell me what is actually happening when I get the 'program not responding' message? Is it frozen in place? Not working at all? Stuck in an endless loop? The hard drive activity light is blinking like crazy but waiting forever to either repair, uninstall program. When checking task manager it says: not responding. Do I keep waiting? I installed Evolution, for Windows, mail program. Can't seem to get it uninstalled. Used Revo uninstaller and the native uninstaller but both seem to be freezing. Thanks for any help understanding this process. Usually the ...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

2 Email addresses One Exchange and one IMAP
I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >> "Email acounts" but it is not there. Curentaly the Email acount on the exchange server is the only one setup Thanks for your time Chris In message <<D204664E-9F1C-4E72-B337-6C2C91CD719E@microsoft.com>> "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> did ramble: >I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >&...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Resoure Calender error
I was wondering if someone can help me with this error. When some users try to book a conference room as a resource, they get the following error: "The operation failed. An object could not be found. Unable to directly book a resource for this meeting" What I have figure so far is its an issue with users from one private store booking the resourece that resides in another private store. Both stores are on the same sever, or on an exchange 2k3 cluster. For example, if conference room 1 is on priv store 1, all users on priv store 1 can make reservation with out a problem....