pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.

Trying to instal the above, but getting errors.
1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed
on this machine. ....must uninstall....  Answer YES to next qurstion. Click
OK.
2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES
3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES
4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove
Programs Control Panel.  OK

No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under
different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file
somewhere?

Suggestions please....

I have now solved this, using a modification of advice in another post at :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b810932

Found the location of a file called outbak.dll which need to be
re-registered.
Then clicked Start, clicked Run, typed the following command, and then
clicked OK:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Addins\outbak.dll (the
location of the file. Outlook wasn't running when I did this.

Then ran Outlook, and lo and behold "Backup" is now an option in "File"
Sorted!

"Douglas Russell" wrote:

> Trying to instal the above, but getting errors.
> 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed
> on this machine. ....must uninstall....  Answer YES to next qurstion. Click
> OK.
> 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES
> 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES
> 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove
> Programs Control Panel.  OK
>
> No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under
> different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file
> somewhere?
>
> Suggestions please....
Good job, Dude.
--
Dave

"Douglas Russell" wrote:

> I have now solved this, using a modification of advice in another post at :
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b810932
>
> Found the location of a file called outbak.dll which need to be
> re-registered.
> Then clicked Start, clicked Run, typed the following command, and then
> clicked OK:
> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Addins\outbak.dll (the
> location of the file. Outlook wasn't running when I did this.
>
> Then ran Outlook, and lo and behold "Backup" is now an option in "File"
> Sorted!
>
> "Douglas Russell" wrote:
>
> > Trying to instal the above, but getting errors.
> > 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed
> > on this machine. ....must uninstall....  Answer YES to next qurstion. Click
> > OK.
> > 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES
> > 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES
> > 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove
> > Programs Control Panel.  OK
> >
> > No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under
> > different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file
> > somewhere?
> >
> > Suggestions please....

How do I open a .pub file without publisher?
You don't. Not possible. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Amelia" <Amelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D62EC10-AADF-44FD-A702-D084B5B5C42E@microsoft.com... > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.776 / Virus Database: 523 - Release Date: 10/12/2004 Any one of the following options will work. Get and install Publisher. Send it to someone who will convert it to a pdf file. This assumes you have Acrobat Reader, if no...

Unable to Read File #2
I cut and paste another part of the file to an existing excel file, When open the file again, the page is blank and a dialog box states: "Unable to open file". I saved my work every step of the way. I made a backup copy and have tried it several times. Each time the dialog box states : Unable to read file. What is the problem? Are you by any chance running XL97 or XL2K, and within the range that is being cut and pasted have any references to names that use formulas such as GET.WORKBOOK etc? I would have expected it to crash Excel if you do, but worth asking the qu...

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

import pst file #2
yet, another problem with importing a pst file: When I have chosen the file to import I get the message: 'Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use' But I cannot find anywhere to define it when importing??? I obviously made a definition naming the pst file when exporting it. But how do I import the file? How did you create this PST file? Was it ever on a CD? If so, remove its read only attribute. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "carsten" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dad01c3c034$48890ec0$a001280a@phx.gbl....

File access error in Excel
I just started having a weird problem in Excel. I go to save a file that I recently opened and updated, and I get an error message that access to the file is denied for a file sharing error. If I save the file to another file name, and then immediately "save as" back to the original name, it works fine. I tried uninstalling and reloading Excel (a very laborious process because I must uninstall and reinstall all of Office Pro, and then download all updates since my CD copy). This seems to fix the problem for a while, but it returns a few weeks later. I am baffl...

Sync. question for .pst file.
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

How to create Excel file?
Hi all I'm creating an application and I want to save the output in an excel sheet file, doesn any one know how can I do that ?? Thanks What do you mean, do you want to save it in a format that Execl can read, or do you want to save in a real execl file. Execl doesn't have a problem reading comma seperated files, if that exceptable. Or look into actually opening an execl spreadsheet within your application and let the user input their data directly into the spreadsheet. (COM Object) and here are links with descriptions to the file format http://sc.openoffice.org/excelfileformat.p...

Full Text Indexing Error on CRM Install
Hi I'm getting the following error during install at select SQL Server "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server." I've installed Index Service, and also went back and reinstalled the full text module in SQL Server 2000. Still getting the error. How do I fix this? Hi Have you checked the indexing service is started in services? Regards Dan "amwbgi" wrote: > Hi > > I'm getting the following error during install at select SQL Server > > "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server....

123 files
Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? As far as I know, yes. Open them. Tyro "jasper" <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE91293A-624E-4AA8-8B60-7CF3B18622C1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? File>Open>Files of Type>Lotus 123 *.wk? Give it a try. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:01:00 -0800, jasper <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? What version of excel and what extension of the Lotus file? jaspe...

Outlook Express
I have 'lost' all my email for the last year+ when I updated from Win 98SE to XP Home. I reviewed the MKB article 312359 but I wasn't able to find any .dbx files on my computer using Explorer. The world won't come to an end but I would like to recover all the missing e-mail. Has anyone had this problem and knows how to fix? Thanks. ...

How do I move current faulty pst to backup and set up a new pst?
Yesterday I had my laptop turn itself off, probably because of overheating. When I started it again Outlook can read but not write to the outlook.pst file. I've tried to run scanpst.exe but it freezes everything but the mouse about 6% in to the first step scan and I have to cold boot the laptop. I've tried copying outlook.pst to a different folder, a usb memory stick and via LAN to another pc but no luck, the copy locks up and never finishes. I have also run chkdsk several times and it recovered some misallocated sectors so something did go wrong with the file system. ...

Password protecting certain worksheets in a file
How do I set passwords to protect just certain worksheets in a file? If you mean worksheet passwords, one way: Public Sub ProtectSomeButNotAll() Const sPWORD As String = "drowwsap" Dim vSheets As Variant Dim i As Long vSheets = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5") For i = LBound(vSheets) To UBound(vSheets) Worksheets(vSheets(i)).Protect sPWORD Next i End Sub In article <071001c53487$7cdd3bb0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

size of .pst file #2
I have attempted to find the answer to this question by searching this group, but to no avail.... Until recently I was running Outlook 2003 with a single pst file. However, given that it has reached 800MB, and since I wanted to split the storage of personal and work emails, I decided to create 2 additional pst files ('personal' and 'work'). I did just that, following which I moved the relevant folders from within my Inbox structure to the two personal folders. To my suprise the original .pst file did not change in size. I shut down, restarted. I also tried to compact it, which...

::: Excel
Hello, Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. Jacques Hi Jacques, From Excel HELP: Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176749959.961608.103850@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? | | Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. | | Jacques | Jacques, You don't say which version of Exce...

Old pst file
I have an old pst file saved on cd that I need to get an email address from. I no longer am on an exchange server. Is there a utility for viewing emails in the pst file? Is there a utility that will import the pst file into Outlook Express without having full Outlook on my system? Currently Outlook Express keeps saying to configure the Outlook email client before import. Thanks in advance for any help. OE cannot use PST files. The messages you are getting are correct. Believe them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Outlook Dummy" <ab@pickapics.com> wrote in message news:...

How to install a "Communications cable between two computers" 07-21-10
I need a PPP connection thru a COM port. Going thru the New Connection Wizard and selecting a COM port, XP installs a new modem "Communications cable between two computers" which is then used by a new "Direct" RAS connection. Setting up the RAS connection was easy by means of RasSetEntryProperties. But how to install the "Communications cable between two computers" modem without user interaction? I've found an answer in the InstallFAQ.doc document, under "What is a root-enumerated driver and how do I install one programmatically?"...

backup Outlook.pst file if busy
Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Thanks. Doug <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Some users leave their Outlook up overnight & our backup > can't pickup a busy outlook.pst file. Can I automatically > close Outlook say at 11:00pm before our backups run? Some remote-control programs allow this. -- Brian Tillman ...

creation of bmp files
is there a method of creating bmp files by entering (x,y) coordinates into a spreadsheet and then somehow converting to a bmp file? Are you hoping to create bmp files of charts? "c vance" <cgvance@juno.com> wrote in message news:030b01c3a583$61c5aef0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a method of creating bmp files by entering > (x,y) coordinates into a spreadsheet and then somehow > converting to a bmp file? ...

Moving mialboxes between two sites
Hello, i've migrated mailboxes from one 5.5 exchange site to another (already existing for a long time) one (exchange 5.5, too), using exmerge. It was rather very successfull with few small problems - some clients (outlook2003, outlook2000) cached "raw" addressess, if user sent mail to mailbox, which was migrated - they received message "cannot delivery... blahblahblah", they had to once use address SMTP to "uncache" - this is no problem, ok, I can manage it - the same clients - i f they have appointment in their calendars - if they update its - users from ol...

why outlook1.pst and outlook.pst?
Hello, A friend's PC using Outlook 2003 has 2 .pst files - Outlook.pst and Outlook1.pst in Documents and Settings\<his name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.. One is about 1/10 the size of the other and one starts with upper case letter O and the other with lower case letter o. I cannot remember which way round. Why are there 2 .pst files? Cheers, Geoff Are both constantly updated? Maybe one is his archive PST file where old data gets moved during the AutoArchive process. If not maybe he created one by accident and it's just sitting there unused. "...

Problem go to native mode Exchange 2000
Try to change to native mode for Exchnage 2000 but can�t decommision last Exchange 5.5 server. Followed the steps from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284148 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284148) but can't see the 5.5 server from the Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator connected to exchange 2000 server. Found the follwing on (se below for accepted answer): http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_20478211.html Which seems to be good solution but when presented this manual remove to a consult he said that we could get problem to create a new post...

Registry DisplayName and .exe
Hey There, I have some code that will go through a couple of sections of the registry, and create a list that contains the "DisplayName" values of all the apps that are listed in the Add/Remove Programs list in the Control Panel. I need to correlate these names with the .exe (or other types) files that are responsible for these apps. Is there a way to do this somehow? I didn't see anything in the registry that did that. -Jay (patelj27b at gmail dot com) > I have some code that will go through a couple of sections of the > registry, and create a list that contains...

Outlook PST file empty.
I have 2 .pst files. When I view the file properties in Explorer/File Manager etc they show as 4MB and 40MB in size respectively. When I open them through Outlook (2000, 2002 on NT and XP) both files show as completely empty, and the file size as 0KB. I've run scanpst.exe, and it can't find any problems with the files. Has anyone got any ideas? See if any of the additional tips on the following page help: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the n...

Problem accessing SQL server 2008 job history
I've been using code along the lines of... [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('Microsoft.SqlServer.SMO') | Out-Null $sqlServer = New-Object ('Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Server') $instance $jobHistoryFilter = New-Object ('Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Agent.JobHistoryFilter') $jobHistoryFilter.OutComeTypes = 'Failed' $sqlServer.JobServer.EnumJobHistory($jobHistoryFilter) ....To access SQL server job history. Which until now has worked OK. We have just had a SQL server 2008 instance setup. When I try t...

recovering deleted files
Is there anyway to recover files that were REPLACED during a restore backup. Windows 95 OS running Microsoft Money 97. Please help someone. Tried everything I know to do and my friend is frantic!! Thanks a lot. Lesa Which file are you trying to restore? If it's a .MNY file, then Windows wouldn;t replace this as there are no .MNY files in Windows that would overwrite it. You've done a search of the system for this Money file? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send ...