pst file backup program(pfbackup.exe) installation problem.

Trying to instal the above, but getting errors.
1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed
on this machine. ....must uninstall....  Answer YES to next qurstion. Click
OK.
2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES
3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES
4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove
Programs Control Panel.  OK

No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under
different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file
somewhere?

Suggestions please....

I have now solved this, using a modification of advice in another post at :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b810932

Found the location of a file called outbak.dll which need to be
re-registered.
Then clicked Start, clicked Run, typed the following command, and then
clicked OK:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Addins\outbak.dll (the
location of the file. Outlook wasn't running when I did this.

Then ran Outlook, and lo and behold "Backup" is now an option in "File"
Sorted!

"Douglas Russell" wrote:

> Trying to instal the above, but getting errors.
> 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed
> on this machine. ....must uninstall....  Answer YES to next qurstion. Click
> OK.
> 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES
> 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES
> 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove
> Programs Control Panel.  OK
>
> No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under
> different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file
> somewhere?
>
> Suggestions please....
Good job, Dude.
--
Dave

"Douglas Russell" wrote:

> I have now solved this, using a modification of advice in another post at :
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b810932
>
> Found the location of a file called outbak.dll which need to be
> re-registered.
> Then clicked Start, clicked Run, typed the following command, and then
> clicked OK:
> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Addins\outbak.dll (the
> location of the file. Outlook wasn't running when I did this.
>
> Then ran Outlook, and lo and behold "Backup" is now an option in "File"
> Sorted!
>
> "Douglas Russell" wrote:
>
> > Trying to instal the above, but getting errors.
> > 1. "Setup has detected that you already have a version of pfbackup installed
> > on this machine. ....must uninstall....  Answer YES to next qurstion. Click
> > OK.
> > 2. Are you sure you want to uninstall? YES
> > 3. This action is only valid for products that are installed. YES
> > 4. Please uninstall previous versions of PFbackup using the Add/Remove
> > Programs Control Panel.  OK
> >
> > No matter how hard I look, it isn't there. Also tried looking under
> > different (administrator) logon accounts. Any ideas? Is there a .dll file
> > somewhere?
> >
> > Suggestions please....

xls file format is not valid
Have an XP PC trying to open an Excel 97 file that is stored on a Windows 2000 server named survey.xls and getting an error that the .xls:file format is not valid. We are using the same program that created it. How do we open it. Thanks for your help!!!! Try to copy your file and rename it making sure that the extension is .xls An extra period or space could make all the difference. Otherwise, you file could have been corrupted. Not a happy thought Let me know if this helped you Jack I'd try to open a copy of the file from a local harddisk, too. But sometimes excel workbooks g...

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Trouble restoring backup from M 2001 to M 2004
I just migrated from Win98 (old computer) to WinXP (new computer). I backed up my old Money 2001 and manually installed into the new computer. I also used Detto's Intellimover to move files. Money 2004 was initialized before all this backing up. When in 2004 and using 2004's Restore (File/Restore), the back up file was found, but it never was installed into 2004. What do I have to do to get the data into 2004? Thanks, Adam Copy the old .MNY file (though you should be able to get there from .MBFs) and place it in your My Documents folder. Double-click on it. Read and heed Money'...

Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed,
Happened twice today, this is the second time. No idea why. A reboot will fix it.. 1( Process STORE.EXE (PID=4044). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 2) Process MAD.EXE (PID=3568). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: INSIGHT-PDC.insight.com.sg insight-bdc.insight.com.sg For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. 3) NSPI Proxy can contact Global Catalog INSIGHT- PDC.insight.com.sg but it does not support the NSPI service. After a Domain Contr...

outlook 2000 help file

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

Outlook 2003

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Lockbox Installation
Hi everyone: We are going to be purchasing the Lockbox module for Great Plains version 8.0. However, there does not appear to be any installation instructions anywhere. Does anyone know what we need to do to install Lockbox after we input our new registration keys? Any information would be helpful. Thank you, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_8F4F86C6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Thank you for using news groups! Lock box does not have its own dictionary files and is included in the dynamics dictionary so you are correct there is no install procedure. On...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

To increase the upload file limit ONLY for one site collection
Hi, I have more than 1900 site collections on a web application. I know I can modify the upload file limit thru the CA or directly on the Web config file. However, I do not want to change the setting for all the site collections. I need to be able to change the setting only for a particular site collection. Is there anyway I can add manualy that entry in the web config file. Has anyone tried? Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Antonio ...

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.