Promote Form Properties Greyed Out

Hi I have created a form in infopath 2007 that is to be emailed and I would
like to be able to view the properties I have selected in the form folder. I
can see the headings of the properties but none of the data is being shown.
When I right click on the form folder there is a check box that reads
"Promote form properties and display the data as columns in a new view"
however this option is greyed out. I have tried creating a Personal Files
Folder but the check box still does not become available. Is there a
workaround for this or another way for the data to be shown in the folder?

Thanks

How do I change default mail form?
Working in a MS Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup Exchnage Server environment how do I change the default message form that's used for my email? I've created and saved a customised version of teh form, I just need to know how to point the New button at it. -- Regards. Chris. Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly. This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT. ...

RMS should provide a discount associated with payment form
Not all forms of payment are alike. Credit cards have a commision the bank charges for us to accept it, credit has a risk implicit. It would be very valuable for Retailers if a discount on the sale could be associated to one or more forms of payment. I.e. if the customer pays in cash he or she would be eligible for a special discount, because those forms of payment does not cost the retailer any extra risk or commision. This could be an advantage for those customers paying in that particular form and could be used to attract this kind of consumers. In many countries most small retailer...

Lookup query value from Form
Hello. I have a form that I would like to lookup values in several taxt boxes. The values I want displayed are from several different Sum Queries. Example: I want to pull Total Working Blance from a query and monthly rent revenue from another query. The values all come from different tables. Is this possible? Thanks for the help. you can use a DLookup() function to retrieve the queries' values. read up on the function in Access Help, so you'll understand how it works. then add an expression to each textbox control's ControlSource property, as =DLookup("MyField", ...

Employee Time card form
I have a table containing two fields - Employee_ID and Time_Stamp. I've already created a form that scans in Employee_IDs; and once any Employee_ID is scanned in, the ID and scanned time is recorded to the table. In addition to what it already does, the form needs to populate the employee's punch time records for the current week. For example: (current date and time is Wednesday 9:02 am) (Form view before update) Employee ID: ___________________ (Form view after update) Employee ID: _1001 (Enter)_______ ________________________________ Employee ID: 1001 Mon: ...

Read only Form when opened
Hi In need to be able to open a form read only until I select a record from a combo box I want to keep from entering the information in the first record that comes up when I open the form Thanks That sounds like it would work I Estimate for a commercial wood working firm I use Access to track my jobs and generate Bids For example I might bid a hotel and need to exclude 300 wood doors and frames. So that would go into me exclusion field I need to make sure that the exclusion is attached to the right job This all works on a form with a sub form, the main form is information about...

3rds landscape form on word mac
I've been PC for so long the MAc is slowly winning me over though! How do I get my document to go in 3rd's for landscape form? G Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to hold a successful meeting http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0059747f-8775-4965-b56d-cab220b2f1b9/how-to-hold-a-successful.aspx I think we need a bit more detail. Are you trying to create three columns on a landscape document or three rows? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <G Soil>...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Custom Forms #2
Hi, I'm wondering is it possible to have mail in a public folder be converted a form in Exchange 2003? (e.g., any reply/forward/double click/right click). Or new mail composed in that folder be converted to forms? If so what tools do I need to consider? Regards, Norman Zhang ...

Checking a forms fields for null
Hi All, I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but would like to know of a better way. just like when you fill out forms on the web if the field is mandatory it pops up a msg say somthing like "This field isn't optional" if it is left blank. What is the best way to do this in access on a form? I'm using now: if ISNull(myFeild1) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild1" end if If ISNull(myFeild2) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild2" end if if ISNull(myFeild3) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild3" end if I use s...

Naming a subform from a main form
I'm having a heck of a time getting to a control on a sub form from a main form. I use the following convention Forms![frm MAIN_FORM]![frm SUB_FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] However when I run the code, I get an error message informing me Access cannot find the field named [frm SUB_FORM]. Then I tried taking the mainform out of the line leaving me with Forms![frm SUB-FORM]![CONTROL_NAME] Then the message reads can find find the form named frm subform. As far as I can tell the subform is opened. I can see it. I'm baffled. Can you help me? Common problem!! Open your main form in d...

Display a PDF in a Windows Form.
I've got a kiosk program that displays information that runs unattended. I need to have the ability to put PDF up on the screen. I have other stuff on the screen that needs to still be displayed. Adobe opens as a new window with menus and whatnot so this is not acceptable. Does anybody know of a way to display a PDF in a winform? I don't need any of the menus or stuff like that - just display the pdf. It would also be nice if I could programmatically control what page it's displaying so I could display multiple pages in succession. TIA - Jeff. "Mr. ...

Dynamically linking fields to forms
In my form I have patient_Id as drop down list which is linked to main PATIENT table where it gets update by different department and the new values shows up in my FORM's drown drop list immediately. Along with patient_id I have 4 more values that need to be shown on my FORM from 4 different tables. Finally all the above values collected dynamically and some tested values from FORM base table ( testing table) should be saved into my testing table when some one clicks on the save button. Is this possible? with out distrubing the PATIENT tables or any other linked tables? -- ...

Sharing only forms, not tables
I have an access database. I have designed several forms which shows information retrieved by querries. I would like to share this forms with my colleagues via server. But, i dont want my colleagues to access tables and querries, because of security reasons. Could you pleae tell me a good reference to do that? How can i keep my tables in a seperate place than forms. Thanks That's not going to work. Forms have no data of their own. They read their data from and write their data to tables. If your users have not rights to read or write the tables, your forms won't work either. -- A...

How to customize the Item Properties Form
Is there any way to add additional fields to the Item Properties page in RMS? I have used QSRules to modify the POS Screen in the past but don't see any way to modify any of the forms from within Manager. I would like to either add more fields or pop a custom form after tabbing off the Item Lookup Code field. Thanks! Nope, no way to modify the built in forms. You can replace them, as several existing add-ins do. You can also use the ItemSave hook to pop your form after the OK button on Item Properties is clicked. That's the most granular activation that's available. Gle...

Run query from date input on form
Hello all! I have what I hope is a easy situation. I have a table that has information that is entered daily with a field "Completed Date". I want to add a text box to a form where a user can enter a date and hit a button that will run a query for that specific completion date so I can have the query results exported to Excel. Would I use an unbound text box on the form? How would I set up the query to take the date entered in the form? Thank you very much! - Joker -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, an unbound textbox would be one w...

cannot open shapes properties with Visio std 2007
Whatever I do (double-click, right click then go to properties, access the properties from the menu shape) I cannot open properties of any shape in Visio. Actually it's like Visio ignoring my action. very frustrating indeed. Any clue ? Thks, Franck On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:11:00 -0800, FT <FT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whatever I do (double-click, right click then go to properties, access the >properties from the menu shape) I cannot open properties of any shape in >Visio. Actually it's like Visio ignoring my action. I wonder if it might be that the win...

Quote Form
I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A couple of the issues are: 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to data source. 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they are missing and Word wants to remove them. We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I wai...

#Deleted# records in Form
I've struggled with this before. It's been quite a while since I programmed in Access. When you delete a record from the source of a form, how do you get it to stop showing up as #Deleted#? I've tried Requery.... ?? TIA Ok, Crazy, Here is a function that will delete the current record and make that annoying #Deleted# disappear. If you have a Delete command button on the form, call it like this: DelCurrentRec(Me) I have this function is a Standard Module so I can call it from any form. Public Function DelCurrentRec(ByRef frmSomeForm As Form) Dim rst As Recordset O...

OWA and Forms Based Authentication
I recently enabled Forms Based Auth, and installed the certificate and require 128-bit encryption. All works great, I can access my mail via the https:// link. The problem lies in when I try to send a message and the automatic spell check tries to start. An error comes up stating that the spell check failed to start and the message is immediatly placed in the drafts folder WITHOUT the message body. Also, all of the external links that are provided in the message body of an email opens another window that contains the form authentication splash page, and even if I enter my credentials it...

Microsoft Outlook 2003
I did what you said but now I cannot find the *.oft file that I saved. How do I open that file? "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%23fsvHoSTHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... I said you should not use a ***published*** custom form. If all you need is a standard message to send frequently, turn off Word as your email editor, create the message, save it as an .oft file. You can then turn WordMail back on. When you want to send a message, just double-click the .oft file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Out...

How do I close a form without saving the record
I am trying to figure out a way to cancel or close a form without saving the record. I tried: DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo, but a blank record is still created. I want to just be able to close the form without creating anything once I click cancel. How can I accomplish this? Thanks On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 07:51:02 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to figure out a way to cancel or close a form without saving the >record. I tried: DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSaveNo, but a blank record is >still created. > I want to just be able to cl...

Open a database with no window, just form
I now have my own, home-built Auto FE Updater which basically involves first launching a version-checker database (.mdb) which checks the file date of the current app file on the user's local drive against the latest version on a shared network drive and downloads from the net if the app version isn't the latest. Then the version-checker mdb calls the actual application database. All of the above works nicely and is obviously easy to implement. So what's my problem? Well, it may be nitpicky but I don't want the user to know that the version-checker is actually a separat...

Form Size 03-26-10
I have a form that I imported from another project, (it works fine) All I did was change the source so I could start changing things, but when I change to ‘form view’ the form opens to be about 1” sq. Is there something I forgot to do?? Thanks in advance Bill Open the form in design. set it to the size it should be, save the form again en then open it again. Maybe that helps. -- Maurice Ausum "open a adobe file from a command button" wrote: > I have a form that I imported from another project, (it works fine) All I > did was change the source so ...

Passing value back to calling form (cntl) from popup
Hi all, I have a form that contains order info with subform (datasheet view) that contains order detail. In the itemname combo box of the subform the user can select the item name. The combo box rowsource is the itemsQ and the Control source is the ordersDtlQ (itemname) field. I have a field in itemsQ query called subcat which is a subcategory field . Here is what I am trying to do. When the user enters a new item in the table user can decide to make item a sub categoring of another record. The default subcat is the itemid if no subcat is assigned. Lets say the user selects "wrench"...

Adding new form to a MFC.exe application (how?)
Hi, I moved from VC6 to VC7.1 and most of the IDE has changed. I used to be able to add a new form bia RH clicking on the project (from ClassView) and then selecting new Form. Anyone knows how I can add a new form to my papplication under VC71? mtia I was not aware that 'forms' existed in VS6. Dialogs, yes. VS7 was designed by an idiot, who had no idea how people actually program. It is a prime example of incompetent design coupled with irresponsible design reviews. joe On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:36:19 +0000 (UTC), "E.T. Grey" <nebula@alpha-centauri.com> ...