Prevent data change in custom view

In a custom view on a public folder, where data are grouped, it is possible
to change editible fields in items by dragging & dropping it from one group
to another. In my case this happened erroneously and data were changed
unintentionally. Is there a way to prevent any data change in a view, e.g.to
make a view READ-ONLY?

Duplicate data on combo box
I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info is entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city field. However, if there is more than one customer from NEW YORK it is showing new york twice instead of once. How can I change that? Thanks "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DA286B1-1A7A-40D3-849B-9E7634F0B705@microsoft.com... >I have a combo box on a form that is fed from a table where customer info >is > entered.. name address city state zip... The combo box is for the city > f...

Edit Pie Chart Data Label
I am using a pie chart to detail a subset of data and I am having trouble getting the chart to display the data I need. For example: Fruit equals 25% of overall diet. Within fruit I ate: Fruit # Eaten % of Overall Diet Apples 10 10% Oranges 8 8% Pears 7 7% I want to graph fruit consumption in pie chart and add all information to the data label using a link. I get this to work (click on data label and add location of cells), but I can't get it to display properly. I am getting Apples 10 10% but I...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

generate a list from a single row of data
Using Excel 97, I have a spreadsheet of Project Reports, arranged across the sheet as follows : Column A thru I are templates, hidden from the Project Managers Column J I want to have a table of project names that are in the worksheet Column K is blank Column L is the labels/descriptions for rows going across the worksheet Rows 4 - 29 Various Dates/contacts etc. Rows 30--53 Month labels for 2 years of resource forecast data Column M, rows 4-29 blank rows 30-53 Project Manager absence (vacation/training) forecasts Column N is a Summary row of Project Managers forecast time for all projects ...

OK to change field name in table?
Hello, Can I change the name of a field without causing havoc to the table's structure?! I have for example address-1 which is not a correct form, should be for example address_1 - correct? Cheers Geoff "Geoff Cox >" <<> wrote in message news:na3hk315282je4e6juuro4ko2futjnb10a@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Can I change the name of a field without causing havoc to the table's > structure?! > > I have for example address-1 which is not a correct form, should be > for example address_1 - correct? Sure, you can change it without harming the tabl...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

null byte in data
what does this error message indicate? "556 null byte in data". It seems messages sent to all my comcast.net email addresses get bounced back. tia, dave ...

Sorting blocks of data or named fields?
Hi I have a sort problem that I have approached from a number of angles and cannot seem to find a solution to, I am using excel xp. I have produced a web query which has returned a list which has a number of "blocks" of information each of which is four columns by four rows with two blank lines between each block. Each "block" has a number of blank spaces within it. I wish to sort the "blocks" of information(Kept together) based upon a value within the "block" I have tried a simple sort and the blocks have been broken up when sorted, I have tried to aloc...

Sales due date does not change
Hi! Does anyone know why the due date in sales does not change whenever a sales person goes in to an activity? Kind regards, Chris ...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Response Time When retrieving data into an ACCESS form from SQL se
It seems like the slow response time (about 700 records) from SQL Server database, is related to retrieving one record at a time instead of retrieving all records at the same time into recordset for the ACCESS form. This retrieval generates considerably network traffic. What I would like to know is how response time can be improved. Is there a setting in ACCESS to improve the retrieval process or is this something that is related to programming such as an event?? In this case of 700 records the response time is about 4 to 5 minutes. The response time is instantanous for just a few ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Can custom entries be added to pull downs
I know that some time ago I was told be a fellow Outlook user that there is a way to add a entry into a pull down list with in out look. Example would be in the Journal Entry Form. There is a pull down that is called entry type. I would like to add a selection. Isn't there a txt file somewhere that I can edit? No, it is in the Registry. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer...

Data Changing Issue
Hi I am running some queries using a form I created and for some strange reason some people are falling off and coming back to the report when I run the queries and then re-run them immidiately after. I am not changing any of my parameters and the data is not changing in the tables I am linked to. Can you help? I am using Access 2003. I have several different queries running as make table queries from Foxpro database linked tables. Within these queries I have one query that has a parameter set for "Married Date" What this does is prompt the user to enter a start date an...

Changing image on a toolbar
Hi, I currently have a Toolbar which is associated with a bitmap of all the images for the buttons. I also have a new set of icons I wish to use to replace the outdated ones I am using. Is there a way that I can associate my icons with the individual buttons of my toolbar, or will I need to convert my new icons into bitmaps and redraw my bitmap for the toolbar? TIA Tony On Dec 3, 10:03 am, "Tony" <lazyherb...@homeandresting.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I currently have a Toolbar which is associated with a bitmap of all the > images for the buttons. > > I a...

how do i change currency value into words automatically
Please let me know how i can change $456 to Four Hundred and Fifty Six dollars automatically in Excel. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Richie" <Richie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D50E7C2-47C2-4B66-8D26-CB1BA9FD5801@microsoft.com... > Please let me know how i can change $456 to Four Hundred and Fifty Six > dollars automatically in Excel. ...

Import data properties dialog box
Is there a way to change the defaultin the "Import Data" properties dialog box? Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee Hunter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0a8f01c490ef$bd330f00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the defaultin the "Import Data" > properties dialog box? > Frank, Thank you for your reply. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >AFAIK this is not possible > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, Germany > >"Lee Hunt...

having trouble making property pages reflect change in font
Hi All; I have an application that has a dialog. it was created in VS6 using C++. the Dialog contains a property sheet/status window pair and a property sheet with multiple property pages. using the resource editor i changed all the fonts in the dialog and property pages. however when i run the app only the status window shows the new font. i have attempted to pass the property sheet the font from the dialog using: GetFont()->GetLogFont( &fFont); fParentFont.CreateFontIndirect(&fFont); m_FMSPresetsPropertySheet->SetFont(&fParentFont); i then called : m_FMSPreset...

Change Due Dates on Open Receivables
We just updated our customer cards with new due dates. We want to restate the open receivables with the new due date on each transaction. I know I can do this by editing individual transactions (Transactions>>Sales>>Edit Transaction Information), but there's a high volume of transactions. Can I do this using Int. Mgr. or a SQL script? It would be easier and safer to write a Crystal ageing report using the doc date and the terms from the customer cards. Then, in a few months when only a few of the original transactions remain unpaid...... -- Richard L. Whaley Autho...

Protecting Workbook Data
How can I let other users view and print a whole workbook but not make any changes to the workbook? I have been successful applying this to one sheet but have been unsuccessful at applying it to an entire workbook. You'd have to apply sheet protection to each sheet individually. A macro can make that easier: Sub a() Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In Worksheets WS.Protect Next End Sub -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Data Source Migration Using MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM
If I want to move one data source (not a whole DPM disk) to another DPM disk using the MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM script, will DPM really not host any new replica/recovery points on the data source's original DPM disk? This page says "the original disk from where the data was migrated is not chosen for hosting any new backups," but I don't see why DPM would do that if you're migrating just one data source and not all data sources on the whole DPM disk: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd282970.aspx I'm asking because I'd like to use Mi...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Chart created with a macro changes location according to screen resolution.
I have a macro that creates a chart aligned with a set of cells. I another user runs this macro with a different screen resolution th chart covers a different area of the spreadsheet partially covering th data. Also if the other users have additional or less toolbars, th location of the chart is offset. Is there a way to assign the locatio of a chart to cells and not screen location. Thanks as always -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use something along the lines of: Sub testIt() With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Left = Cells(3, 3).Left .Top = Cells(3...

data entry excel 2003
when I type a figure to put in a cell the result is the same figres but, 100 times less. For example if I type 2634 I get 26.34. What can I do? Tools/Options/Edit uncheck the Fixed decimal places checkbox. In article <07cc01c3dcfe$7a6e9fe0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "colin" <c.wright17@ntlworld.com> wrote: > when I type a figure to put in a cell the result is the > same figres but, 100 times less. For example if I type > 2634 I get 26.34. What can I do? ...