POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not

My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003.  Attached to office network.  Network
has an Exchange server.  I have three email accts set up:  Exchange - my
office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using
gmail.  I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct.  I
receive email via the POP3 acct.  My Outlook is always trying to send on the
POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care.  I want to turn off sending on
the POP3 but receive the POP3 email.  I think the constant effort to send on
the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance.  Any suggestions?

"S Paine" <SPaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003.  Attached to office network.  Network
> has an Exchange server.  I have three email accts set up:  Exchange - my
> office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using
> gmail.  I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct.  I
> receive email via the POP3 acct.  My Outlook is always trying to send on the
> POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care.  I want to turn off sending on
> the POP3 but receive the POP3 email.  I think the constant effort to send on
> the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance.  Any suggestions?

Press Alt+Ctrl+S.  Select the Send/Receive Group containing the POP account
and click Edit.  Select the POP account in the pane on the left, then uncheck
the box labeled "Send mail items".  Click OK, then Close.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Multiple e-mail domains on a single exhange 2003 server
Hello, We have one Windows 2003 server with a single AD domain (abc.com). We also have on the same server Exhange 2003 who is responsible for the e-mail domain abc.com. This is working fine. Now we want to add two additional e-mail domains in exchange. What do I need to configure? I've searched in books but didn't find a clear picture on how to implement this. Thanks, Filip "Filip D'haene" <filip.dhaene@apscomputers.be> wrote in news:exoh6v9#DHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Now we want to add two additional e-mail > domains > in exchange. What do ...

Outlook 2007 and Exchange
Hi, I have a user who got the good idea tu upgrade Outlook 2000 tp 2007 version. We do run an Exchange 2000 server here with 2000 Outlook clients. So now, from the Outlook 2007 version, we can't send email on the local domain anymore. We end up with the 550 error user unknown. I can delete and creat the account and the Outlook will detect the user name and the exchange server name as well but it just can't send it out. There is a smtp account configured on the same PC and it works fine. So why is sending to exchange won't work?, Thanks in adance. Steve -- ...

Exchange administrative groups
What are the limitations of Exchange 2000 in mixed mode? Can I create multiple administrative Groups? Can I create multiple Exchange 2000 routing Groups? When Exchange is in Native mode can I move servers between administrative groups? Thanks Rustom "Rustom" <RossMistry@hotmail.com> wrote: >What are the limitations of Exchange 2000 in mixed mode? > >Can I create multiple administrative Groups? >Can I create multiple Exchange 2000 routing Groups? > >When Exchange is in Native mode can I move servers between administrative >groups? > >Thanks &g...

WWW.MSCRMSUPPORT.NET 10-15-03
Feel free to drop by and help support this crm community forum site. Beezle www.mscrmsupport.net ...

Problems with the Exchange Server
Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from going down everyday? What i am doing is re-booting the server and also re- starting one or more of the Microsoft Exchange services. Check your Event Viewer Application Log, look for any red Errors. What are some of the Event ID numbers? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jason" <jason.lawrie@lineone.net> wrote in message news:46f701c3e41c$0ac4e940$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from > going down everyday? > > What i am doin...

disabling read receipts in Exchange 2k environment
Hi, I was hoping to get a little advise on my win2k pro/office2k environment: when users attempt to disable the sending of read receipts (in Outlook:tools-options-preferances tab-email options button-tracking options button) the option to "never send a response" is greyed out. My research indicates that the Exhcange server may be causing this and I was wondering where on the Exchange server I should check? or if this could be caused by something else? I appreciate the help, AF On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:24:02 -0700, "AF" <AF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

does IIS server effect the Outlook working
My outlook is working for incoming emails but not for outgoing emails. incoming= POP3 = port:110 Outgoing= SMTP = port: 80 iis server is using the same port no. 80 is it a problem Currently i am having .NET in my system does it affect Outlook work. I am using Godaddy server, incoming: mail.cybersoftdesigns.com outgoing: smtpout.securesrver.net Help me. Did you activate SMTP relay on your GoDaddy account? By the way, the ports GoDaddy supports is 25, 80, and 3535 for smtpout.secureserver.net. If the above question is a yes, give 3535 a shot. (By the way, I took this from http://help.g...

Exchange Router 08-04-04
Do any guys have aby ideas on installing Exchange Router in Exchange which is running on cluster environment. Do we need to install the exchange router on every exchange server? JC- Our email connector in Microsoft CRM 1.X has not been tested with clustered Exchange and thus is not a supported option - Regards, Alex "JC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:beb201c479cb$0ffdf4c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Do any guys have aby ideas on installing Exchange Router > in Exchange which is running on cluster environment. Do > we need to install the e...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

Reports on Exchange?
I want to see how many emails exist in all of my users' Deleted Items that are older than 90 days. How would I go about getting that report? ...

Problem with sync desktop outlook Contact with MSCRM server
When i try to sync the outlook Desktop it freeze and stuck the client machine and when I sync only the appointment and task there is no problem. the messege i see in the sync is trying to sync 356 contacts and it failes when it allmost finish to sync and there is only 1 contact left to sync it's freeze and the client machine stop working and we need to close the Outlook from the Task Manager. By the way i tried to install the outlook with the user profile on another machine and get the same problem. please If anyone known this issue please let me know my email is : itsik@effectcrm.co...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

why are captions missing in XRef box
converted my 2003 doc to 2007 docx... went to insert some cross-references and none of my exhibit (30+) captions are displayed in the cross-reference dialog box... but the captions in the doc are numbered correctly and are also updating in the TOC List of Exhibits... Need help where to find them - thanks Captions are displayed in the Cross-reference dialog only if you have created the caption label through Insert | Reference | Caption. If you create them manually, you can create fields and styles that look identical to the ones Word creates, but Word will not recognize them. ...

Exchange 2k3 in Child domain
Hi. I just created a child domain in another one of our offices. The parent domain is AM.com and the child is VA.AM.com. Do I HAVE to put an exchange server in that domain in order for them to get their mail or can the one in AM.com do the job? One in parent domain can do the job. - You'll need to run DomainPrep in the child domain- - Create a new RUS for the child domain. - Make sure name resolution works -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.co...

SQL Server Edition
Hi Experts I have serveral SQL Server and many instances under each server. I have problem in finding what are the editions of each instance. I know the following techs 1. SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition') (T-SQL and ADO) 2. select @@VERSION (T-SQL and ADO) 3. Using freeware MAP 4. reading registry 5. Looking at the \LOG\errolog file I have limitation is using this in our env. I am particularly expecting a way to read from WMI. Can anyone forward me the script to read server na...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Exchange 2003 and multiple domains
We just converted from Exchange 5.5 under Windows 2000 to a new server running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and am having a couple of problems. 1. We have 2 domains (A & B with 2 way trusts) in our AD network, with 90% of the people in domain A along with the Exchange server. Domain B is also running AD under Windows 2000. All email addresses are JaneDoe@domainA.com even if the user account is in Domain B. When the 5.5 mailboxes were converted, new accounts for the people in Domain B where created in Domain A under the Users - Recipients folder but were disabled. The problem...

Exchange ActiveSync VS GoodLink
I am proposing an over the air e:mail solution, and I am looking for some comments. As I understand it, Exchange 2003 SP2 (which we are running) can do this with many wireless devices. However, I also see a lot of comments on GoodLink, which is a major cost increase. So, what do you get with GoodLink that you don't get with Exchange? Is it worth $2000 and $300 a user? Especially in a small office where I will probably never have more than 10 users? Thanks for any comments, Gordon On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:29:03 -0800, Gordon Price <GordonPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...

Contact Manager without Exchange Server???
My office doesn't use the Exchange server. Can I install and use the Business Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server??? It's only supposed to work with SBS2003, but can be hacked - see http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx for more information. On 26 Apr 2004 09:21, =?Utf-8?B?SVQgTmlnaHRtYXJl?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My office doesn't use the Exchange server. Can I install and use the Business >Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server??? > > -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Hw to setup public Exchange server
Hi all, appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help. Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have a part of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient policies, administer mailbox stores...). Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment; AD, DNS, ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent. Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup clean Exchange instal...

OWA & 2 Exchange 2003 Servers
I'm setting up a new environment with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have two Exchange servers in different locations. Same domain same organization. I can get OWA to work if I point my browser at each server, however once this goes live my firewall will only redirect http traffic to one of the servers. When I try to access a mailbox on server "B" from the server "A" OWA login I get "The page can not be displayed". This works in the current NT4.0 and Exchange 5.5 environment. What do I need to configure on Server "A" so that it...

Urgent Exchange Help Needed
On our Exchange 2003 server, we have just run an import of contact enabled receipents into our active directory. These 20,000 contacts are in one OU in active directory. The contacts are getting their email address list modified by our Recipient Update Policy and adding our internal X.400 address to the list of email addresses which contains 1 SMTP address. Can anyone help us make it so the Recipient Update Policy does not apply to that OU so we can get the X.400 address off of these contacts? The contacts are external contacts to our organization, when Outlook sees the X.400 add...

Works XP to Office 03
I have "Works" on a new computer. Can it be UPGRADED to "Office 2003" or do I have to purchase "Office 2003". John, You can't upgrade to Office 2003 with Works. You need to purchase the full version of Office 2003. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e5401c3e1c1$e6dc4980$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have "Works" on a new computer. Can it be UPGRADED > to "Office 2003" or do I have to pur...