OWA/OMA Protection - Best Practices

<No response from other forum>

Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two
factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall.

The RSA part works fine and everything is good.  Now I buy a Motorola Droid
and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem.  If I
remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well.
Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of
the RSA authentication.

The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid
phone to sync with outlook/OMA, I have to scrub the RSA two factor
authentication.  What is the best way to protect the OWA front end server
after I remove the RSA authentication?  I've read all about ISA but I don't
know anything about it.

Doesn't my Checkpoint firewall provide the same protection as an ISA server?

Is protecting OWA/OMA with just a SSL certificate enough?  I don't think so
myself and a vendor suggested a SSL appliance from BlueCoat.

How does everyone else protect their OWA/OMA frontend servers?

Thanks

0
Jim

OWA
Hi all, Within my mixed Exchange 2003 SP1 Exchange 5.5 SP4 site / administrative my users experience the problem that they are unable to open some e-mails. They are able to open and read a lot of e-mails but by some e-mails they receive the error "system cannot find the file specified". Does this have anything to do with the URL-scan or IIS-Lockdown Tool I have installed on the Front End server??? Any help is very much appreciated...... THANKS!!!!! Hi, Could very well be urlscan. Microsoft had a technet article describing how to configure urlscan on exchange servers (320...

Error on OWA Application pool
Hi all, I have a strange error in owa, i try installing ,net 2.0 in the server but I follow with the same problem, Network of OWA is in AD .. Windows 2003 SP1 , Exchange 2003 sp2 Application error, ID 1004 Reporting Queued error: faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module secur32.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x00006598 and two second later.. Application error, ID 1004 Reporting Queued error: faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module unkown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address 0x01e8016 any ideas? Thank GustavoG ...

OWA Query
I have a single Exchange 2003 server in our main site. It's running 2003 OWA and I'm planning on swapping our external webmail URL from the 5.5 OWA to the 2003 OWA once all our users in the main site are migrated. I also have a small remote site running Exchange 5.5. Currently users in that site can use the 5.5 OWA URL at our main site and access their mail. I know they won't be able to do this when the 2003 OWA goes live, so I have 2 choices: 1) upgrade their site to 2003 2) setup a new/separate 5.5 OWA site for their site and take my time upgrading them If I do #1 and...

Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Septantieme 18kt Rose Gold Mens Watch 300.24.20, Best Wristwatch World
Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Septantieme 18kt Rose Gold Mens Watch 300.24.20, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchebay.net/Jaeger-LeCoultre-Reverso-Septantieme-18kt-Rose-Gold-Mens-Watch-300.24.20.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchebay.net/ Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Septantieme 18kt Rose Gold Mens Watch 300.24.20 Information : Brand : Jaeger LeCoultre Watches ( http://www.watchebay.net/Jaeger-LeCoultre-Watches.html ) Gender : Mens Code : Jaeger-LeCoultre-300.24.20 Also Called : 300.24.20, Q300.24.20, 300-24-20, 3002420, Jaeger-LeC...

OWA Logoff Page
I just can't leave well enough alone. I made a change to the boot.ini file, I added the /3GB and /USERVA=3030 options to the file. I restarted the machine. Now, when I logoff OWA, I get a cannot find page error. The .asp page is where the browser is trying to find it. https://domainname/exchweb/bin/USA/logoff.asp Any ideas what I messed up? Thanks, Jeff Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote: >I just can't leave well enough alone. I made a change to the boot.ini >file, I added the /3GB and /USERVA=3030 options to the file. I >restarted the machine. Now...

Password Protect feature
i thought all was well when i set the password on a document in excel... until i opened the document in word by accident. seems the password protect feature does not have any validity in word. now this may be well known, and if so, can i just get confirmation, or if there is a way to truly password protect a document... please advise thanks marni If you've opened the file in Word then you are lucky you can even still access it via Excel. That normally corrupts it beyond repair. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec...

Unauthorized access to OWA if account set to change password on lo
Good day, We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2 Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password. If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are not authorized to view this page" If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords using the Options section. I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access ...

OWA #15
I have recently activated OWA on the Exchange Server. When I attempt to access mailbox via web access, I received the following message: The Micrsoft Exchange Server is Don or the HTTP Services have been disabled by an Administrator. Performed following actions: 1. verified that the HTTP services are enabled and that the anonymous user has access been granted. I 2. ensured that the LDAP anonymous access is enabled. Are there other configurations I should check? Please send responses to dwashington@frasafety.net. Thank you It sounds like you checked this one. XWEB: Error Mes...

OWA Address List won't open
We have one user here (maybe more) who cannot open the GAL when using OWA. Clicking 'New' to create and email, then selecting the 'To' button gives the follow error: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request Url: https://mail.mydomain.com:443/owa/forms/premium/DirectoryView.aspx?ae=AddressList&t=Recipients&a=Pick User host address: xx.xx.194.13 User: A.User EX Address: /o=My Domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user SMTP Address: user@mydomain.com OWA version: 8.0.685.24 Mail...

OWA No Images and Loading...
Server 2003 Standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 both patched and updated. This has happened before, 4-5 times and I was always able to resolve the problem by resetting the highwater marks as outlined in previously posted KB Articles. I've deleted the directories, deleted the DS2MB key, restarted the service and nothing changes. I get no images, no email out of OWA in IE, in Firefox I can see the emails listed and sometimes interact with them. Tried HTTP and HTTPS, this isn't a frontend or backend server it's the only server. Spent the last two days going over KB Articles and ...

how do i open old protected excel 98 spredsheet using works suite 2002
I have a excel 98 worksheet that was password-protected on a floppy disc. that i am trying to open with works suite 2002 spredsheet. when i try and open it i get a message to open it in the application it was saved in take off the protection resave it and then open it using xp, is there any other way thanks for your help I did not know that Works could open XL files. You cannot save xl files "in xp" unless you have XL. In any event XL files should never be opened from nor saved to a floppy. Save to HD first, then open/copy to floppy. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb....

Cant use DL in pub folders with OWA
Hi. I have several contact lists and distribution lists in Public folders. I can send mail to the DL from the Outlook client, but the "mail" icon in OWA is grayed out so I can't send mail to the DL in pub folders through OWA. Is there any way to be able to send mail to DL in pub folders with OWA. I really need to do that. I use Exchange 2003 // Bjorn ...

I can access any mailbox using OWA 2003
Hi, Exchange Server 2003 By using OWA I can open anyones mailbox. if I enter http://server/user1 in IE i can see user1's mailbox if I enter http://server/user2 i see user2's mailbox. what security setting must i change so that only the logged in user can see his or her own mailbox. thanks Mandy goto Exchange System Manager, servers, server_name, protocols, http, exchange virtual server. goto properties of exchange, click on acess tab, check basic authentication and intehrated windows authentication. Now, only if someone can answer the question I posted this morning. >...

Password protection #12
Excel 2000 help file says to set up either password to open file, or to save changes to a workbook that once you have saved the file, go to tools, "General Options." There is no menu item off of the tools drop down, and there is nothing about passwords in the "Options" menu item of the tools drop down. Please tell me how to password protect the file from being opened (workbook from being opened). Please tell me how to password protect the shared with tracking workbook to save changes. Is there an option to have one person "Approve" changes? Thanks in ad...

finding the password to unlock a protected cell/chart
I'm trying answer a survey in an excel sheet and everytime I try to type in an answer a message comes up saying I need to remove protection.When I head up to tools and follow the prompts,I need a password to complete the procedure . Can anyone tell me what that password is ? Thanks P Hi, Have you contacted the original author of the survey? Cheers Andy Pizza wrote: > I'm trying answer a survey in an excel sheet and everytime I try to type in > an answer a message comes up saying I need to remove protection.When I head > up to tools and follow the prompts,I need a p...

OWA problem #19
Hi, I can't seem to get OWA to work from beyond the building. I have got my router pointing to the server's IP, but still I can't see OWA. Sorry this isn't much info - any suggestions ehich direction to look in? Thanks NEIL What version of Exchange are you using? What firewall are you going through? Are you connecting with IE? -- Matthew Tisdel South Carolina "Neil Jarman" wrote: > Hi, > > I can't seem to get OWA to work from beyond the building. > > I have got my router pointing to the server's IP, but still I can't see OWA. ...

Recommended sites for OWA 2003 login form modifying?
Can anyone recommend any good sites, for getting started in trying to customize the OWA 2003 login form, and the subsequent OWA 2003 screens? Thanks! Robert Gordon wrote: > > Can anyone recommend any good sites, for getting started in trying to > customize the OWA 2003 login form, and the subsequent OWA 2003 > screens? There aren't any I'm aware of. What exactly are you looking for? I've been doing quite a lot customizing of OWA 2003 in the past. I also whipped up a modified OWA 2003 forms based authentication logon screen (disabled some of the existing features). ...

Graphing Lines of Best Fit?
It would seem like an obvious question, but how does one graph a line/curve of best fit for their data? ZB - > It would seem like an obvious question, but how does one graph a > line/curve of best fit for their data? < One way is to create an XY (Scatter) chart and then use Add Trendline. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Use Add Trendline from the Chart menu, and follow the steps in the dialog to define the type of trendline you want, and any options. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech....

Best way to give a cell a "default value"?
What is the best way to give a cell a default value? What I mean by "default value" is that the cell should initially (when I first put something on the same row, say) have a certain value, say a constant or the same text I enter in some other cell on the same row, but I can later manually type over it without screwing up a formula or anything. For example, in the sheet I described in my other post from a few minutes ago, suppose I want to add a column called "tree". The Tree will be the same as the Name in most cases, so I would like Excel to automatically put th...

OWA & Public Folders #2
Hi all, in OWA it's possible to show in the same tree the Public Folders ? Actually, when I click on Public Folder button, it's opens a new window containing Public Folder tree. I remember that in OWA Exchange 2000, the Public Folder tree was at the end of the private folder tree. Thank's for the help. Marco Exchange 2003 changed the Public folder behavior. It no longer appears in the same folder view as the mailbox. Clicking on the Public Folders link will now open up the PF view in another window (as you have seen). -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Marc...

Best CRM Connection Practice for Remote Users?
Hello: We are just bringing CRM into our business. What are the pros and cons of remote users using CRM via the web interface versusaccessing CRM via a VPN connection. Also does anyone know if outlook web access incorporates CRM too? Thanks for the feedback!!! Mark MSCRM Newbee You can set up CRM to be accessed via the web and it can work quite well. I use that myself. However, I don't believed it's a 'supported' configuration. The downside is that you only have access to the web client so the features of the Outlook client are not avaialble. If you are considering usi...

Toolbar doens't work with OWA
Dear, When I use OWA, I can see the OWA page, switch to folders, but I cannot read any email or create a new one. Any idea? Thanks Olivier Rako Install the GZIP compression update. 831464 FIX: IIS 6.0 Compression Corruption Causes Access Violations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=831464 and clear the cache on the server. That should fix it. >-----Original Message----- >Dear, >When I use OWA, I can see the OWA page, switch to >folders, but I cannot read any email or create a new one. >Any idea? >Thanks >Olivier Rako >. > ...

Disable Tools >Protection >Protect Sheet for all users but one
From other post I realize that you disable the menu item by: Application.CommandBars("Tools").Controls("Protection").Enabled = False but, I want to disable it for everyone unless you log on as Administrator. I have tried the following, but it does not work. Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Application.UserName <> "Administrator" Then Application.CommandBars("Tools").Controls("Protection").Enabled = False End If End Sub I cannot find the solution from other posts Application.username returns the name defined in Tools|Options|general Maybe ...

Consolidating Contacts
Just got a call from a friend who has a small company. His dialemma is that he has two computers with multiple contacts folders (previous employees) and would like to consolidate them into one. I believe both machines are running Outlook 2003. There are bound to be many near duplicates (variances in contact notes, etc.) which will take forever to separate manually. Is there anyway that two or three duplicates can be consolidated into one but that would just simply add all the notes? That would probably create some duplication in a lot of the notes, but people could sort through tho...

Time out OWA
i have a problem with owa, when i connect it does not happen but of 2 minutes and it gives to Time out me, "expired conecction", i have nt 4.0 and exchange server 5.5 sp4, i check options and everything is normal salu2 Ruben R. "Ruben Rozas" <pipen@uplink.cl> wrote in news:003c01c3c59a$13b80b90 $a601280a@phx.gbl: > i have a problem with owa, when i connect it does not > happen but of 2 minutes and it gives to Time out > me, "expired conecction", i have nt 4.0 and exchange > server 5.5 sp4, Has it ever worked correctly? Is the OWA serve...