OWA/OMA Protection - Best Practices

<No response from other forum>

Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two
factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall.

The RSA part works fine and everything is good.  Now I buy a Motorola Droid
and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem.  If I
remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well.
Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of
the RSA authentication.

The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid
phone to sync with outlook/OMA, I have to scrub the RSA two factor
authentication.  What is the best way to protect the OWA front end server
after I remove the RSA authentication?  I've read all about ISA but I don't
know anything about it.

Doesn't my Checkpoint firewall provide the same protection as an ISA server?

Is protecting OWA/OMA with just a SSL certificate enough?  I don't think so
myself and a vendor suggested a SSL appliance from BlueCoat.

How does everyone else protect their OWA/OMA frontend servers?

Thanks

0
Jim

vba copyright protection
I have created a spreadsheet which utilizes many of my own custom buil macros and formulas. Does anyone know whether or not my vba cod and/or formulas can be copyrighted--ie legally protected? thanks, Bil -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your spreadsheet and code are copyrighted as soon as you commit them to writing, within similar limits to any other written document. In article <danceexcel66.18mfj0@excelforum-nospam.com>, danceexcel66 <<danceexcel66.18mfj0@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I have created a spreadsheet which utilizes many of my ow...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

opening protected excel for windows file using excel for mac
I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open encrypted file". Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? Budseal wrote: > I am attempting to open a file with locked cells, created using excel for > windows, on a mac machine using excel for mac, but am getting "unable to open > encrypted file". > Is there any solution? Are the two Excel products incompatible in that way? > Excel for Mac can not open encr...

Cell Protection #4
Having problem protecting cells in shared folder on shared drive. Need to protect a group of cells that are for viewing only, but leave adjacent cells unprotected. Being a shared worksheet I believe is the problem, there are limitations. Any suggestions. Thanks to all. Susan I think you'll have to do all your setup (disabling protection/locking & unlocking cells/reenabling protection) against a workbook that isn't shared. But I'm not sure if that addresses what your problem is????? Susan wrote: > > Having problem protecting cells in shared folder on shared > dr...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video 07-15-10
The guide shows How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video Stpe 1: Download(http://www.5idownload.com/download/daniu-digital-media-converter-pro_full310_461741.exe) and install the Daniusoft Media Converter Pro( http://www.5idownload.com/dan-Media-Converter-pro.html ) Stpe 2: Run the software and click "Add…" button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC, WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files ( http://www.5idownload.com/img/guide-dan-media-converter-pro1.jpg) Step 3: Choose output formats. If you want to convert protected aud...

Why does OWA...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Exchange 2003 OMA issue
Ever since we installed device update 4 on our exchange server we have not been able to access mail through http://server/oma. Before we installed the update it worked fine. We now just get this on the screen when we try: -2147467259 (0x80004005) Any ideas? Thanks Anything in the event log? -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "Peter Barrett" <peter.barrett@kent.fire-uk.org> wrote in message news:1105719487.141855.245580@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Ever since we installed device update 4 on our exchange serve...

Excel 2003
Excel 2003 - sheets all coming up protected and Read Only My client has Office XP and all her spreadsheets that she is creating are read only right away. When she trys to do anything with them she gets" "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only. To modify a protected cell or chart, first remove protection using unprotect sheet command. You may be prompted for a password." She is prompted for a password which she did not create. Any idea how to fix this? mick2767@hotmail.com So she starts Excel and the default initial empty wo...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Excel 2000 vs 2002 Sheet protection & Validation cells
Hello, I have an Excel spreadsheet built on Excel 2000. I have set sheet protection with password, and I have some unprotected cells with drop down menu (validation with 50 choices) Everything works very well. I sent this file to a friend who has Excel 2002. The same "unprotected" validation cells cannot be modified in his version as the message says that these cells are protected What can be done in order to make it work on his version?? I do have some "very hidden" sheet with password protected VBA properties, if that is an issue. Similarly there are some macros o...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

Protection #3
I have several cells that have formulas that I wish to protect fro other users. This way they won't accidently delete them. How do I g about this? Thanks -- DRANDO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DRANDON's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56068 DRANDON, By default all cells in excel are protected or locked, select the cells you want to unlock and go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then go to tools, protection, an...

OWA and Calendars
I have set up mailboxes for our meeting rooms and have them set to automatically book the room from a meeting request. This works with outlook. From OWA I was getting an error that I did not have rights to send to that account, so I enabled the anonymous and gave it author rights, now the email request goes to the mailbox, but it does not autobook the room. What can I do??? .. ...

cant log in to OWA at night
I am getting the "440 login timeout" error when my user login overnight. I cannot find where there might be something limiting time to login. Is it in IIS 6 I am running Win2003 server, EXch 2003 I have only one exchange server that also runs OWA. During the daytime hours no one has any problems logging in to OWA. I have recently moved all mailboxs to the Ex2003 server from a Exch5.5 server. Currently the Exch5.5 server receives all the mail and forwards it to the Exch. 2003 server. not sure if this could be the problem. getting ready to bring down the 5.5 server and change the MX ...

Exchange '03 OWA re-install
Anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this? I've only briefly looked at it and looks like I need to completely re-install exchange. TIA, Ben Correct. OWA is now completely integrated into Exchange and is no longer a component that can be installed separately. What's the reason for needing to reinstall OWA? I only ask because depending on the problem, it may be necessary to reinstall IIS as well. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "ben" <ben@bcew.com> wrote in message news:%23ktZN$tsEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of a quick and easy way to...

OWA Inside NO, OWA Ouside Yes
Hi I have Exchange Server 2003. I have Outlook and OWA for everybody. The clients can read their email inside and outside through OWA. Now I would like to change this for a few users. I need to use OWA inside of company but not through Internet for a few people. How can I do this? I have a Front-end , back-end infrastructure. Do I need ISA server? If I switch the OWA check box off in AD, these people cannot use OWA inside. Thanky you very much indeed. sAnTos On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:15:07 -0800, sAnTos <sAnTos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I have Exchange Server 2003. &...