In outlook 2007, I use a custom view for my inbox, and I have the Group By
option checked to"Automatically group according to arrangement."

This has been workn flawlessly until today, when I realized Outlook did not
like a particular mouse click; perhaps I clicked on the border of two options
or some other anomoly that caused the window toflash once.  The end result
was that my Arrange By option changed to "From" when I had previously set it
to "Conversation."  Now, whenever I hange it backto "Conversation," leave the
inbox and come back, ithas returnd to "From."  I have gone through every
setting I could fid nd rebuilt the customer view, but still no luck.

Have you tried resetting the view for the folder already?
View-> Arrange By-> Custom...-> button Reset Current View

If that doesn't work either, then you might have to reset all your view in
Outlook by starting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch;
Start-> Run; outlook.exe /cleanviews
(note the space in the command)

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In outlook 2007, I use a custom view for my inbox, and I have the Group By
> option checked to"Automatically group according to arrangement."
>
> This has been workn flawlessly until today, when I realized Outlook did
> not
> like a particular mouse click; perhaps I clicked on the border of two
> options
> or some other anomoly that caused the window toflash once.  The end result
> was that my Arrange By option changed to "From" when I had previously set
> it
> to "Conversation."  Now, whenever I hange it backto "Conversation," leave
> the
> inbox and come back, ithas returnd to "From."  I have gone through every
> setting I could fid nd rebuilt the customer view, but still no luck.

0
Roady

Turn off default "arrange by \ show in groups" in outlook 2007
Hi, How can I turn off the default "arrange by \ show in groups" in outlook 2007 ? Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel Use the method here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm to disable it on all mail folders at once. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

Outlook arrange by
So, here is what I want to be able to do. As example: 1. Default is no "arrange by" set. 2. Message is located 3. Hightlight message 4. Click "from" and the messages are arranged by "from" AND the focus becomes the from address that was highlighted (as opposed to the top of the view in alpha order) ...

Outlook 2007, Arrange By:
My Inbox insists on arranging by 'From' and stays collapsed. It's annoying when you're switching back forth between the main folders. I've tried all the different ways of customizing views and defining views, but none of these will stay the way I change them. I've even tried reinstalling Outlook 2007. How can I get it to do what I want it to do? wiersma7 Right click on the Subject lie and select Customize View and pick your = poison --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowled...

In inbox folder no arrange by
Inbox toolbar disappeared; all other folders are good. Cannot see "arrange by" in view drop down for inbox folder. I am getting email - but can't see it. I will not be able to see any response by email. Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? There are a couple things that you can try; Start Outlook with the /cleanviews switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /cleanview (note the space in the command) Reset the Outlook Toolbars by renaming the outcmd.dat file to .old when Outlook is closed. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19 Scan your pst-file for ...

Outlook 2003
I'm using Newsgator to bring news and blogs into Outlook 2003. Newsgator inserts new items as "Note" types. I have contacted Newsgator who think the issue is with Outlook 2003 - Can anyone confirm: When I change my View -> Arrange By to Conversation on a news or blog folder created by newsgator (assuming that View -> Expand / Collapse Groups -> Always Show Unread and Flagged Messages is checked), groups containing read messages are not collapsed. All messages in the group are "read" and non are "flagged"... the group should collapse, but it ...

Outlook 2003 Arrange By Bug? #2
We have noticed on machines running Outlook 2003 that when you have a particular e-mail selected and you click on the column heading "From", that instead of sorting by "From" and starting the list on the first message from this sender, the list is sorted by "From" and the top of the list is shown. In other words, it does not position the display as it did in Outlook 2k to the first message from the selected sender. This behavior is not consistent however. It appears that it works the first time you try it, but subsequent attempts don't. If you switch out of...

Outlook 2007 arrange by settings
Hi, Is there any way to apply "Arrange By" settings to all folders. For settings such as deselecting "Group by" and hiding the preview header? Thanks, ED See this article - it also includes setting the default view for all folders: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ED asked: | Hi, | | Is there any way to apply "Arrange By"...

Outlook 2007, Arrange By: #2
Peter, Um...I'm not sure what you mean. What subject line? Where? Did you read my whole message?: I've tried all the different ways of customizing views and defining views, but none of these will stay the way I change them. I know this is a basic Outlook configuration, but my problem is that the configurator isn't working. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:55 PM Subject: Re: Outlook 2007, Arrange By: Right click on the Subject lie and select Customize...

Outlook 2003 Arrange By Bug?
We have noticed on machines running Outlook 2003 that when you have a particular e-mail selected and you click on the column heading "From", that instead of sorting by "From" and starting the list on the first message from this sender, the list is sorted by "From" and the top of the list is shown. In other words, it does not position the display as it did in Outlook 2k to the first message from the selected sender. This behavior is not consistent however. It appears that it works the first time you try it, but subsequent attempts don't. If you switch out of...

Outlook 2003 View arrange by account issue
Here is the setup: Exchange 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2. He has 2 accts in his Outlook, an Exchange acct and a POP3 acct. He has his view set to arrange by account. When it sorts by acct it looks like this: E-Mail account:Microsoft Exchange Server All of his exchange emails show beneath this section E-Mail account:POP3 account All of his pop3 email shows beneath this section E-Mail account:Microsoft Exchange Server Only email from one internal user shows up here. The problem is that one user in the company always ends up in the bottom E-Mail Exchange acct. Everyone else shows up...

outlook 2003 arrange by groups default
Hi, In outlook 2003, arrange by groups is on, on every folder by default it seams. i personally hate this view and cant seem to.... 1. set all the folders in one go to not have this view 2. set the default somewhere so new folders dont have this view any thoughts on this much appreciated simon bratt ...

Changing defaults for Reading Pane and Arrange By
I'm frequently creating new folders in OL2003 SP2, and each new folder is - by default - created with Reading Pane turned on, and Arrange by Groups turned on. I don't want either. Is there some way for me to change the default so I don't have to manually change it every time? ...

Change Arrange by Date Grouping behavior in Outlook 2003
I like the grouping feature in Outlook 2003, especially by Date. The only problem is that as emails get older, Outlook creates coarser and coarser groups (e.g. "last week", "last month"). Does anyone know a way to configure this behavior so that it continues to group day-by-day? Thanks in advance, JT As of right now, the groupings that you see cannot be changed. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching googl...

Arrange By Response (Subject?)
I'm using voting buttons to gather a list of responses from people and I want to view the responses so that they are arranged based on the sender's response (i.e., all "yes" responses group together, all "no" responses group together, etc...). I assumed that if I arranged by Subject, this would do it since the subject shows the sender's response but that doesn't seem to work. Is there another way? Thanks! John ...

Set "Reading Pane" and "Arrange By Groups" default to OFF in Outlook 2003
When I create a new folder in Outlook 2003 the default settings for this new folder are "Show Reading pane" and Arrange by Groups" Ok, I can disable these settings for each new folder individually. But is there an option to turn these settings off by default for ALL new folders resp. for all existing folders? Peter ...

Arrange by...
Outlook 2007 stays on 'Arrange by From'. I'd like it to stay on 'Arrange by date'. It will do that, but won't stay there no matter how I configure it. Can you help me with this? Thanks, wiersma7 try resetting the view. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-RE...

View (Arrange by) by groups
Outlook 2003 has put everything into groups - today - yesterday - last week, etc. How can I get around this feature accross IN ALL folders - way too annoying for me Thanks Steve On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:05:34 -0400, s boak <sboak.ele@noritake.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 has put everything into groups - today - yesterday - last week, > etc. > How can I get around this feature accross IN ALL folders - way too annoying > for me I agree this was a terrible change. Here's the only thing I've found to address it: http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270_11-5243615.html ...

change default arrange by
Does anyone know how to change the default arrnage by from Date to something else permanently? I want all new folders to automatically have the new Arrange By, but I can't find where to change the default to a new default. Peter, View settings are per folder and generally cannot be set globally. Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Peter" <peter@kokas.net> wrote in message news:358901c3fd46$33c62eb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to change the default arrnage by from &...

arrange by date problem in 2003?
Hi, I have a simple problem, i think, but i can't find the solution in the help or on the net, so maybe someone in this group can help me out ... I don't like the arrange by date grouping that seems to be te default in Outlook 2004, but when i disable this for a message folder, the default setting seems to be reset every month or so ... Is there a way to disable this settinh once (view->arrange by-> show in groups off) and for all, preferably for all folders at once? Thanks, Gertjan Gertjan <gvheijst@xs4all.nl> wrote: > I don't like the arrange by date groupin...

'Arrange By' header
Hi, I know that I can add the 'Arrange By' menu button to my Outlook toolbar, but another person at work has Arrange By right above his messages (where the Field Choices are), and I think that's better. When he clicks on the Arrange By button, he gets a drop down menu of how to arrange his messages. But he can't remember how he got that there, and I can't find it either. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Frank Phrank <pbeal@hotmail.com> wrote: > I know that I can add the 'Arrange By' menu button to my Outlook > toolbar, but another person at ...

OL2003
I just upgraded to OL2K3. Now my custom views of tasks no longer work. The scenario goes something like this: Select custom view "10 - Prioritize Tasks" - everythings fine. Select another view "20 - Business Tasks" - Fine. Select first view - 10 - Prioritzed Tasks" - Its over written by the setting under View->Arrange by-> XXXXX (normally Importance) leave OL, restart, view works until I switch it... I have tried to reset the views (via. Outlook.exe /cleanviews command line) and recreate them, but the problem persists... If anyone has any ideas it would be ...

global removal of 'Arrange by'
After I converted from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003, all of my messages are 'arranged' by date groupings. I can see you to switch this off for individual folders (View, Arrange By, untick Show in Groups) but how can I do it for all of my folders a once? Thanks You can redefine your Messages view for this or define your own custom view and apply it to the folder upon first use. For instructions on how to redefine the Messages view see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/classicview2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pan...

Arrange By <emails>
On Outlook 2003, when I select on the "view menu">Arrange By>Current View>By sender, outlook creates a table view that shows the name of the sender with a plus sign (+) and once you click on the plus sign I can see the emails. The sender name is in gray font color. How can I change the font color for the sender name under this "view". I have tried to edit the view "by sender" by going to "view menu">Arrange By>Custom>other settings. But there is no option to change the font of the sender name. Can anyone advise other options how cha...

how do I arrange by date, expence report that is random?
In Excel itemized expence report templet. If I enter all expences randomly, from different accounts and dates,how do I arrange them by account and date when I am finished? Hi Mark the WHOLE range of your data. Tools>Data>Sort by Accounts, and Date Save a copy of your file before you start - just in case!!! Regards Roger Govier ACWIZ wrote: > In Excel itemized expence report templet. If I enter all expences randomly, > from different accounts and dates,how do I arrange them by account and date > when I am finished? select the data including the header row and do Dat...