Outlook 2007 - Changing "From" name on emails

When sending emails, I sometimes have to change the "From" name from myself
to "ABC Coordinator".  Since getting Office 2007, when I do this, the name
appears as "Betsy on behalf of ABC Coordinator"

I just want the "From" to read "ABC Coordinator" without my name at all.
I'm sure it's just some setting that I am overlooking.  Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated!

Betsy wrote:

> When sending emails, I sometimes have to change the "From" name from myself
> to "ABC Coordinator".  Since getting Office 2007, when I do this, the name
> appears as "Betsy on behalf of ABC Coordinator"
>
> I just want the "From" to read "ABC Coordinator" without my name at all.
> I'm sure it's just some setting that I am overlooking.  Any ideas would be
> greatly appreciated!

It was always like this even when not displayed as such.  When you use the
From field to change to a different sender, you are STILL sending through
the same old account you had defined before in Outlook and are using now to
send your other-From'ed e-mail.  That Outlook might not have shown the "on
behalf of" string is irrelevant to what the recipient might see.  Just
because Outlook doesn't show it doesn't mean the recipient wouldn't see it.

When you change the From field, Outlook will insert the From header with
that value but it also inserts a Sender header that identifies whatever you
configured as your sending info in the e-mail account that you defined in
Outlook.  So the recipient will still see the Sender and From headers in the
received e-mail that they get from you.  As to how that information gets
displayed to them depends on how their particular e-mail client chooses to
present that information.

Changing the value of the From field in Outlook's UI merely changes the
value put into the From header in your sent e-mail.  The Sender header will
get added that shows the info from the e-mail account that you defined in
Outlook.  The recipient's e-mail client will see both From and Sender
headers and it will choose how to represent that info to the recipient.
Outlook was not designed to lie to the recipient as to who is the sender.

If you want multiple identities to present to your recipients then define
multiple e-mail accounts within Outlook for each identity; however, it is
likely that you only want one identity polling your one e-mail account so
enable Send and Receive in one e-mail account defined in Outlook and only
enable Send in the other e-mail account defined in Outlook.  Then when you
send your e-mails, you can use the Accounts toolbar button to decide which
e-mail account's identity you want to use at that time.

Using multiple e-mail accounts defined within Outlook (to the same mailbox
but only one of them set to receive) to switch between identities is easier
than having to define multiple mail profiles where you can have e-mail
accounts defined within Outlook in each profile that connect to the same
mailbox (but, again, you'll probably only want one of them to receive from
the mailbox).  On each load of Outlook, you would have to select the mail
profile that you use during that session of Outlook.  To change mail
profiles requires exiting and reloading Outlook so you can select a
different mail profile.  Mail profiles are really to keep separate multiple
message stores (.pst files) and the e-mails and accounts defined for each
mail profile.  E-mails you receive in one mail profile will not be seen in
another mail profile, so this can be handy to keep separate your work and
personal e-mails.

To share your current mail profile:
- Define account #1 to poll your mailbox.  Use "Betsy" for your name.
- Define account #2 to poll your same mailbox.  Use "ABC Coordinator" for
  your name.
- Choose to make one of these accounts the default one for whatever name you
  want to be known for the majority of your e-mails.
- Configure either account to send & receive e-mails.  Configure the other
  to only send e-mails.
- When sending an e-mail, using the Accounts toolbar button to switch to the
  other "identity".
0
VanguardLH
4/20/2010 6:20:32 PM
"Betsy" <Betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When sending emails, I sometimes have to change the "From" name from myself
> to "ABC Coordinator".  Since getting Office 2007, when I do this, the name
> appears as "Betsy on behalf of ABC Coordinator"
>
> I just want the "From" to read "ABC Coordinator" without my name at all.
> I'm sure it's just some setting that I am overlooking.  Any ideas would be
> greatly appreciated!

Sounds like your AD entry was granted "Send on Behalf of" and not "Send As"
permission.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

1
Brian

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

how do I stop Outlook from downloading old deleted email messages #2

configuring exchange to accept maill from a different domain name...
We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created an MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange server to accept email from this new domain? Thanks, Brad if Exchange 2000/2003, you need to create a recipient policy...see these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285136/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318072/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:e21waZZWGHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

From Outlook 2000-2003 No How To (keep calendar,addresses,etc.) ?
Since 2002, I've been using Outlook ... I've recently been conviced to change to Outlook 2003 (in french.) Now I have lost my calendar (past, present, future), my address book, my list of blocked websites, etc. and there seems to be NOTHING in the help files saying "welcome to Outlook 2003 ... here's how you go about NOT LOSING EVERYTHING !" ... instead I've spent 5 + hours finding out how to import my "Rules", and realizing that I don't even know where my calendar, addresses, etc are stored ! Even better, I can now authorize entire domains as &...

Export email address from a Folder
Does anyone know of a way or a third party program which will allow the export of email addresses from a list of messages in a folder(s). These email addresses have not been added to any address book. Just the export of email addresses from the folder messages is sufficient (can be delimited, txt, etc. or similar format). Jason69 You can use the Import and Export wizard for this. Export the messages to an Excel sheet and choose your columns you want to export. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office...

Can someone explain how to send emails from outlook
I`ve ben using hotmail for all my mailing, but there are occasions when I mayhave to use outlook t mail other recipients, but being a complete novice I dont really kow what I`m doing. Can any one please help me. I get quite frustrated as I`m trying to set up a ork from home business and I am having to use my PC all the more without really knowing what I`m doing. Have you setup your Hotmail account in Outlook? Is it (your Hotmail account) a paid account? Do you have any mail accounts other than your Hotmail one? "Outlook virgin" <Outlook virgin@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Mail Merge from Outlook for printing labels
I find this system cumbersome at best...how do I take data from a client list data base in Outlook 2002 to print address labels....I have taken it through the mail merge wizard only to find the "merge" button unhighlighted ....unable to finish the final steps to print address labels...is this as hard as it seems? List the precise steps you are using and how Outlook and the Outlook Address Book are configured. You've not provided any troubleshooting information. Try doing the merge from Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mhagen" <mhagen@kansascityhomes.c...

send email from VB with minimum user input, mapi, cdo?
I want to add the ability for the user to email an attachment after generating a report, but I don't want to have to rely on them for much help in setting up the email, a lot of them would have trouble finding their outgoing mail server, whether it requres authentication etc. Is it possible to send mail from VB after looking up the outgoing server and any authentication that may be required from the registry, just asking the user to enter the destination email address? And is there a recommended method for sending email that will work on XP through W7? On Aug 13, 6:1...

Counting and totaling unread mails from subfolders in Outlook 2007
As the title says i was searching hard to find a solution to count and total my unread emails from several subfolders of the folder INBOX but i didn't find anything in this way. Can somebody answer me exactly to this problem or maybe there is an addon built in this way ? P.S. I know the trick to make a new unread folder separetly in wich i can see all the unread mails, but this solution dosen't staisfy me. I'm not aware of any addins that were designed to do this, but there may be some that work on the same premise as the search folder trick. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlo...

Receiving emails sent from yahoo
Can anyone think of a reason why I don't receive emails sent by others via yahoo? -- mmlh Do those senders get an error message or a non-delivery notice when they email you? If no, have you looked in your Windows Mail Junk E-mail folder, and also in the Spam folder of your webmail for that account? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "mmlh" <mmlh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:6FA9A809-DA32-4F45-A3A1-453970CCA50B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone think of a reason why I ...

HTML Link from OWA does not work in regular Outlook 2003
I have Exchange 2003 runnning on Windows 2000 server w SP4. Whenever I send someone a link through OWA to a website they cannot open it in regular outlook, but when they click on the link by logging in through OWA it works fine. I was wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue. Following is an example of a link: http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_1st/Jan05_KapaluaBayRedevelopment.ht ml The link above translate into the following: /exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_1st/Jan05 _KapaluaBayRedevelopment.html Thank you ...

Copy/paste from Outlook to Access
Hello All, I copy a text from an Outlook 2003 email (right-click/copy) and I paste it into an access form textbox with the help of a paste button. Private Sub cmd_Paste_Incident_Click() fld_Incident_Details.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPaste End sub When pasting, I want to remove the enter symbols CHR(10) or CHR(13) like the following example: "blablabla blablabla" to become: "blablabla blablabla" The problem is on how to access what's currently in the memory to remove the enter symbols and paste a neat text. Regards, On 20 avr, 10:16, Svenzardda <sphan.....

Preventing users from emailing other users in Exch 2003
Hello, In Exch 2003 how would I go about giving a certain number of users a different X.400 address, i.e. giving them an ou2. In recipient policies, dosen't that all apply to all users? Then how would prevent this bunch of users from sending email to other users with addresses where there is no ou2 or there is a different prmd? Many thanks Jon jonhobson@hotmail.com (Staro30) wrote: >Hello, > >In Exch 2003 how would I go about giving a certain number of users a >different X.400 address, i.e. giving them an ou2. In recipient >policies, dosen't that all apply to all us...

User From & EMail
Is there some type of code that I could put into VBA for a user form so that when the user clicks "Enter" that an email is sent to someone letting them know the excel file has been updated? The form will be used within our LAN/WAN and we do have our own e-mail server with SMTP capabilities. Thanks. Hi Glenn Try CDO (no security warnings) http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm More mail code http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%239jaDDBeFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gb...

HELP: Cannot retrieve my Outlook/Outlook Express messages from my Yahoo email account
In the past, I have always been able to use my Yahoo email account to download my emails from my Outlook/Outlook Express POP server. In other words, I could always use Yahoo to access my Outlook email without Outlook at all. Just go into an Internet cafe anywhere in the world and I can access my Outlook emails from the Yahoo email site. But lately, the Yahoo email kept giving an error message: "POP server does not support LAST command. You may only retrieve POP mail from this server using "get all messages". The Yahoo email webpage doesn't seem to allow me to input this ...

Hyperlink from Word 2007 to PowerPoint 2007
Hello, I have been at this for hours and hours and i still cant figure this out so any advice would be helpful. I am trying to create a hyperlink in Word 2007 (.docx) to a specific power point (.pptx) slide (slide 8 titled Award, to be exact). So i have the hyperlink created and i can get to the power point but it always opens the first slide. Here are the different hyperlinks i have used and they all open the first slide (assume the Word doc and the PPT are both on the desktop). * You cannot click the Bookmark button in the 'Edit Hyperlink' screen because it gives ...

Accessing outlook calendar from another company
We are working very closely with another company and need to be able to see each other's calendar. We use oulootk 2003 with an exchange server verison 5.5. The othe company use outlook 2003 without an exchange server. Is there any way to be able to see each other's calendar through the internet? Thank you very much for your help Maybe http://officelive.microsoft.com/OfficeLiveCollaboration.aspx "Marta" <reimpell@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1142876384.725831.237260@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We are working very closely with another company an...

Formatting changes from XL2K to XP?
I burned my spreadsheet, created in XL2k on a Win2k system, to a CD. A coworker opened the file on her machine, XLXP with WinXP. The colors were gone, and there were little triangles in the corners of the cells. Is this something I need to take care of on my end to make this file more compatable with other systems? Or is it a setting on her machine? Or is this just the way it is? Ed If the little triangles are in the upper right corner (and are red), then they could be comments (that you don't show, but she does (tools|options|View tab|comments section). If the little triangles a...

Outlook 2000 problems after migrating Exchange server from 5.5 to 2000
We had Exchange server 5.5 running on Windows 2000. Every client has Outlook 2000 SR-1 as mail client. After migrating to Exchange server 2000, we are having problems on computers running Windows XP pro. But on computers running W2k it's everything fine. On Windows XP, Outlook 2000 will not send any email to any adress not in the personal adress book, and will not connect to the global adress book defined on the server. Trying to access the global address list will fire the message "Network problems are preventing connection to the microsoft Exchange server computer. Contact...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Fowarding emails from a specific sent address
Hello, I was hoping someone could tell me if there is a way to create a rule that if an email comes in from a specific outside email address, if we could create a rul to capture it and foward a copy to our public calander. This is not an email but a Meeting Request, so I am not sure if that would make any difference. We use LiveMeeting to send out our invitations, and we want any email that comes into any of our clients inboxes from aa@livemeeting.com to foward a copy to the public calander email so it is listed there as well. If this is possible to be done on the server level without having...

Converting floppy backups from Money 2002 to 2007
I am getting messages that my files are corrupted or that the identified file may not be a Money file. Does this mean I need to follow some other process to recover my history now that I have installed Money 2007? You are trying to restore an M02 floppy backup in M07? You say "recover [your] history". Did you move to a new machine? M07 should have detected/upgraded your M02 file automatically if installed on the same machine as the machine that ran M02. At any rate, moving the .MNY file, via writable CD or USB flash drive or network, is almost alway a better choice than goi...

How to name a sheet from text in a cell in another sheet ?
I am very much a novice with using Excel, I'd prefer to be doing this in Access as that's what the data's aimed at in the long run, but the db I'm being forced to use is not mine and I can't work that out either - also work don't support Access so I can't use that to do the data transfer I'm being asked to do... oh why did I say I'd do this :( Down to the true business... I have created a workbook and am trying to name the sheets from cells in another sheet - all within the same workbook. I have been digging about the net and everything I've found tha...

How to transfer info from OutLook 2003 from 1 computer to A other
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I want to use.? H2O "H20" <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C7294E8-183A-4D89-879E-702FCCA7D4CA@microsoft.com... > How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a > other > computer Out Look 2003 that I want to use.? > > H2O > > take a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Ho...