Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 - No new mail sound and notifications

After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound,
pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar.  Every thing
else seems to work fine.  Any hints?

are the icons in the overflow?

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"DiceOne" <DiceOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail
> sound,
> pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar.  Every thing
> else seems to work fine.  Any hints?

0
Diane
11/21/2009 2:45:10 AM
You mean are they hidden the answer in no, no new mail icon shows anywhere,
no sound and no pop-up notifications.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> are the icons in the overflow?

> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "DiceOne" <DiceOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail
> > sound,
> > pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar.  Every thing
> > else seems to work fine.  Any hints?
>
> .

Which mail account type are you using?

When you right click on the Taskbar and then choose Properties, press the
Customize... button. Does it list the envelope icon there?
If so, make sure you set it to "Show icon and notifications".

Also note that the icon and sound only work for new messages that are
delivered to your main Inbox folder. For other solutions and workarounds for
that see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

> You mean are they hidden the answer in no, no new mail icon shows
> anywhere,
> no sound and no pop-up notifications.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> are the icons in the overflow?
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "DiceOne" <DiceOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail
>> > sound,
>> > pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar.  Every
>> > thing
>> > else seems to work fine.  Any hints?
>>
>> .

0
Roady
11/21/2009 5:56:41 PM
Account type POP/SMTP
Already made sure Show icon and notifications is on.

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Which mail account type are you using?
>
> When you right click on the Taskbar and then choose Properties, press the
> Customize... button. Does it list the envelope icon there?
> If so, make sure you set it to "Show icon and notifications".
>
> Also note that the icon and sound only work for new messages that are
> delivered to your main Inbox folder. For other solutions and workarounds for
> that see;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "DiceOne" <DiceOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You mean are they hidden the answer in no, no new mail icon shows
> > anywhere,
> > no sound and no pop-up notifications.
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> are the icons in the overflow?
> >>
> >> --
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
> >>

> >> "DiceOne" <DiceOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> .
> >>
> .

Hello,

In Windows 7's system tray notification it treats the normal Outlook icon
separate from the New Mail icon.

I just upgraded yesterday and was wondering why it didn't show up. So, what
I did was I sent an email to that outlook and the new email icon then
appeared.

I then clicked on the "show hidden icons" and clicked on customize. You'll
have a new option there for "Microsoft Office Outlook" with a description of
"You have new unopened items". I selected to show the icons and notifications
and now it alerts me in the system tray every time I have new email.

"DiceOne" wrote:

> After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound,
> pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar.  Every thing
> else seems to work fine.  Any hints?

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook & Entourage

cannot send excel worksheet (sheet only) to mail recipient
When in Excel, I CAN send an excel spreadsheet as an attachment (file, send to, mail receipient as attachment). I can NOT send only a single sheet out of the worksheet to an email receipient (file, send to, mail recipient, send the current sheet as the message body). Error received says "Excel could not start the email program. Check your network connection. Make sure outlook is installed correctly, your email program is set up correctly, and you can connect to your email server." I am using MS Excel 2002 and MS Office 2003 in a Windows XP operating system. Hi Nancy See ...

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

Receiveng garbage instead of mail text or attachments in OL2003
I have Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro box. A friend has Outlook 2003 in a Windows Vista Business box. I ONLY send mail in text form (Ido not use HTML or Outllok Rich text format). He gets my mails in raw form (Spanish Outlook both): ********************** -----Mensaje original----- De: xxxxxx [mailto:xxx@xxxxx] Enviado el: martes, 10 de febrero de 2009 12:03 p.m. Asunto: Desacople del Generador Return-Path: <xxxxxx@xxxxxx> Delivered-To: wwwwwwwww@xxxxxx Received: (qmail 44010 invoked by uid 88); 10 Feb 2009 14:24:44 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO XXXXXX) (xx.xx.xx.xx) by XXXXXXXXX wit...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Move Form to edge of chart window
I am using some vba in excel to display different forms in different sheets. Workbook has one data entry sheet with a dedicated form. This I manage to select as I have info on the screen resolution even if it changes and by selecting a particlar cell I manage to move this form relative to this cell. The problem is that I have 2 other sheets that are both chart windows. For each chart window I have a dedicated form that shows up whenever I switch to that particular sheet. My problem lies witht the positioning of these 2 forms, since that chart windows have no cells to refer ...

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

gridlines in outlook?

Forward copy of outgoing e-mails to managers
I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or can I do this? Aztech wrote: > I have a client...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

GP 9 new user cannot change password
We're testing the upgrade from 7 to 9, and in our 9 database, I added a new user but the user cannot change the password. I checked my ODBC settings and everything is unchecked, &c. Can anyone tihnk of anything else? I've read the other posts on this subject and tried everything suggested, to no avail. Does the new user have rights to any company? Visit us at Convergence in San Diego -- booth 624. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePub...

outlook and links in emails