Outlook 2003 on Windows 7

I am unable to open Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows 7. This is a new Dell PC w/
Win7 installed. If I run Outlook in XP compatability mode I receive error
"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not
be opened." Wierd thing is if I open Outlook from Windows Safe Mode with
Networking it works fine. I have tried stopping all services except those
running in safe mode and still no luck.
Any ideas... please?
Thanks,
   Steve

Are you connecting to an Exchange server (used typically in businesses and
universities)?

"Steve Ballard" <SteveBallard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to open Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows 7. This is a new Dell PC
w/
> Win7 installed. If I run Outlook in XP compatability mode I receive error
> "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could
not
> be opened." Wierd thing is if I open Outlook from Windows Safe Mode with
> Networking it works fine. I have tried stopping all services except those
> running in safe mode and still no luck.
> Any ideas... please?
> Thanks,
>    Steve

0
Kathleen
12/9/2009 3:35:52 PM
It should work without compatibility mode. What happens when you try to run
it? Did you use easy transfer or create a fresh new profile?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Steve Ballard" <SteveBallard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to open Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows 7. This is a new Dell PC
> w/
> Win7 installed. If I run Outlook in XP compatability mode I receive error
> "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could
> not
> be opened." Wierd thing is if I open Outlook from Windows Safe Mode with
> Networking it works fine. I have tried stopping all services except those
> running in safe mode and still no luck.
> Any ideas... please?
> Thanks,
>   Steve

0
Diane
12/9/2009 3:36:20 PM
No. If I use it without compatability mode I don't get anything but a generic
"Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working".  If I delete the Outlook
profile and kick off Outlook again, I get up to where I enter my Exchange
Server Name and User Name, and then click on Next, I just get the spinning
circle.

Thank you for the response.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> It should work without compatibility mode. What happens when you try to run
> it? Did you use easy transfer or create a fresh new profile?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Steve Ballard" <SteveBallard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am unable to open Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows 7. This is a new Dell PC
> > w/
> > Win7 installed. If I run Outlook in XP compatability mode I receive error
> > "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could
> > not
> > be opened." Wierd thing is if I open Outlook from Windows Safe Mode with
> > Networking it works fine. I have tried stopping all services except those
> > running in safe mode and still no luck.
> > Any ideas... please?
> > Thanks,
> >   Steve

I was having exactly the problem described in this thread, although withy
Outlook 2007 on Vista, as well as a seperate Outlook 2007 on Windows 7
install.

I've set up many Outlook to Exchange accounts/profiles and never had this
problem until recently, so the new issue must have been introduced through a
new update that MS has released.

My workaround has to not check the store password login box, or in any other
way get Windows/Outlook to remember my Exchange password.

My issue at least seems to be that Microsoft has broken something required
for Outlook/Windows to staore a new Exchange account password.

Kit

"Steve Ballard" wrote:

> I am unable to open Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows 7. This is a new Dell PC w/
> Win7 installed. If I run Outlook in XP compatability mode I receive error
> "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not
> be opened." Wierd thing is if I open Outlook from Windows Safe Mode with
> Networking it works fine. I have tried stopping all services except those
> running in safe mode and still no luck.
> Any ideas... please?
> Thanks,
>    Steve

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...

FYI Office 2003 Updates Now Available
Visit http://office.microsoft.com and click on Check for Updates Word 2003 Update: KB834702 (Finnish) / Word 2003 Update: KB834702 for Multilingual User Interface Pack (English). This update fixes an issue with the user interface for the Finnish version of Word 2003. The OK button is missing from the Table Properties dialogue box. Access 2003 Danish Update: KB834013 (Danish) / Access 2003 Danish Update for Multilingual User Interface Pack: KB834013 (English). This update from Microsoft prevents a potential error. If this error occurs, the three Danish characters �, � and � do not appear cor...

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...