Outlook 2003 "hangs"

When replying to HTML emails Outlook hangs, I can cancel and retry but same
again. Have decreased my PST file size to 200mb, tried running SCANPST which
did some stuff but still extremely slow (I watched a DVD and it was ready for
replying when I got back). IS this a commmon error? I have seen entries about
using windows as email editor possibly being related to this issue..?

Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook?
Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd
still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus
scanner. For more details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Schmob" <Schmob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When replying to HTML emails Outlook hangs, I can cancel and retry but
> same
> again. Have decreased my PST file size to 200mb, tried running SCANPST
> which
> did some stuff but still extremely slow (I watched a DVD and it was ready
> for
> replying when I got back). IS this a commmon error? I have seen entries
> about
> using windows as email editor possibly being related to this issue..?

0
Roady

Outlook Hangs #6
Hi I have a clients laptop with Outlook 2000 installed. Windows XP Pro OS. For no apparent reason Outlook has started playing up. It takes an ag to load and when it does altho it appears ok it cannot be used, the minute one tries to say, "reply" to an email (an mail~) or compose new mail, whatever option is chosen the system just hangs with an hourglass display. The only way out is to end the task completely. A system restore seems to work very briefly but then the problem reappears within one or two uses of Outlook. I do not want to have to wipe the whole laptop but in t...

excel 97 hangs
hi, have a pc running xp with office 97. sometimes, excel hangs and all data is gone. how can I retrieve my data? Elsie Elsie, Try cleaning out your Temp folder. It is likely located somewhere like this: C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Local Settings\Temp Good luck. Kevin "Elsie" <sagrjty@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utwx81fQEHA.1160@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi, have a pc running xp with office 97. sometimes, excel hangs and all data > is gone. how can I retrieve my data? > > Elsie > > ok, so next time a excel file hands, I just go chec...

Outlook Hangs when receiving mail
Hello I am using Outlook 2000 within a Windows XP Plaform. Recently, as I log on to the internet, and seek to receive my mail, Outlook will begin to download, but as I get to message number 2 it hangs, times out and says that it is unable to communicate with my server. I have contact my ISP and everything is ok on their end, and I can even naviagate the Internt via IE. However I am perplexed as to why Outlook is now acting out in a way foregin to all other times. In fact I can access my mail through my yahoo account, but it seemingly will not allow me to access mail via Outlook. I di...

Outlook 2002 Hangs #5
Outlook comes up and my initial screen is my inbox. The PC hangs. I can't get task manager to initial. Title bar in Outlook says Outlook not responding. Running XP Pro with latest updates same for Office. Itried doing a reinstall and same problem exists. Next step is to uninstall Outlook and reinstall. Help I have tried the "Repair" install twice, and complete removal and installation twice. It works at first, but then fails. The same Activity Log entries and behavior. "Bob" <bb4@attbi.com> wrote in message news:0ef001c362c9$e7211780$a001280a@phx.g...

ClosaHandle() hangs for a long time
Hi all I'm using WinCE 6.0 and experiencing troubles with writing files to the disk (both SD card and NAND flash). CreateFile() and WriteFile() work fine, but when I call CloseHandle() it hangs system for unreasonably long time. The hangup time depends on the file size. For example, when writing a 400-KB file CloseHandle() takes about 30 seconds to finish. Does anybody know how to fix it? As I understand, WinCE does not support overlapped I/O. CloseFile flushes the file and actually writes it back to disk. You may want to check how disk cache is setup on your dev...

Outlook 2000 Hangs
Is there an issue with Outlook 2k and Exhange 2k3? One of my user send a 8 megs email message to everyone. Outlook hangs when they tried to open it. But I have 5 users using Outlook 2003 did not have any problem. Please Advice, TIA Hangs for how long? Remember that with Outlook 2000 (unless you've specified to work Offline), none of your e-mail is stored locally, so you are opening that 8mb message across the network. I'd expect some lag. Outlook 2003 uses cached mode by default, so the message would be stored locally and that is what they would be opening. Other than that, ...

Calendar hangs Entourage...suggestions
Hiya folks. I have Entourage 11.3.6 on a G4 mirror-door running 10.4.10. Whenever I click on the Calendar icon I get the rainbow ball and there's no escape but to force quit. My wife has a account and she can launch her Calendar. I've tried rebuilding, reinstalling the app, all to no avail. It just doesn't seem to like my account. I really would like to stop using the horribly outdated Now Up-To-Date and keep it all in Entourage, so any suggestions would be most appreciated. Is there a way to create a fresh account and import all my mail stuff? Thanks folks! Patrick See my...

Office X hangs after updates
I updated my Office X suite from the base install with the downloads from Microsoft for 10.1.2, 10.1.4, and 10.1.5. When I double-click on Excel, Word, or Powerpoint now, the splash scren for that app comes up and the little message on the splash screen says it is Configuring Office Components (specifically Excel). That is as far as it gets. The splash screen stays up and hangs the Mac after a while. Any ideas? In article <134a680b.0406201426.4025b9e7@posting.google.com>, rsprotect-google@yahoo.com (Robert S) wrote: > I updated my Office X suite from the base install with the d...

Exchange
I had an incident whereby my users could not bring up outlook. Actually, the client was connecting to the information store. But when you clicked on a message to render it in the view pane outlook would hang. I'm running Exchange 2k3 sp1 on a win2k3 server. Just wondering what necessarily can cause this. It looks like the errors before this started happening were an EXCDO 8230 and 8206(calendaring messages - repeated 8 times for only one client)and an IMAPSVC 1023 about an error occuring while rendering a message for 2 clients. Thanks On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:14:37 -0800, mikea...

Outlook 2002 (Office XP Suite) Outlook hangs, task manger "Outlook Not Respondin
Outlook hangs when launched, can't access anything on the toolbar or any messages or folders. If you check the Task manager the Outlook Not repsonding message is the only message showned. I completely uninstalled the Office suite, removed the Office folders, deleted Outlook profiles. I Re-installed the Office suite and SP1,SP2, setup profile and launched Outlook and sent and received two messages and the same symptoms occurred, launced Outlook shows the mailbox and personal flders , but can't access anything and the Not responding message came back. ...

Outlook 2002 hangs on startup
Hi, Has anyone any idea why I might be experiencing a problem with Outlook 2002, running under Windows XP Home, hanging at startup. In doesn't seem to hang if its the first run up of Outlook after the PC is first started, but always does after the first. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Steve ...

Outlook hangs on WIN2K pro
Hello I have just installed Win2K pro on a machine and it keeps hangin in outlook for some strange reason, the rest of the pc is fine an suggestion please ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Did you try creating a new profileand then check what happens there ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Attendance Transaction Transfer hangs
If you do not have the Pay Period setup window(s) properly set up, this can cause Great Plains to hang (go into not responding) when you go into Attendance Transaction Transfer, fill in dates and hit re-display. This needs to be corrected. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" i...

ReadClient in ISAPI extension hangs
I am developing an (MFC) ISAPI extension to handle large amounts of data sent from another MFC exe client via CHttpFile::SendRequest(). The CHttpServerContext sent to my isapi extension function contains the expected data sizes (cbTotalBytes), and uses pCtxt->ReadClient() when the cbTotalBytes > cbAvailable. The problem is that ReadClient() times out without reading any data (ever), even when i request just 1 byte (let alone cbTotalBytes - cbAvailable). Note that i do successfully get the 1st 48K of data from pCtxt- >m_pECB->lpbData. The error that is returned is: &quo...

Excel embedded in email hangs Mac OS X email client
Hi, never seen this before but never really worked in a mixed environment before. We have a couple of users who use Mac OS X and the native email client. Whenever I send them something from Excel, it hangs their mail client. Doesn't matter if I send an XLS as an attachment or if I copy & paste a range out of a sheet. They have to do a Force Quit on the email app, then restart it and delete my mail without opening it. Both Macs have Office Mac installed, so MIME type is probably not a problem - or is it? Also, my current workaround is to do a Shift-Copy and paste into email...

Outlook hangs on pointing to the print button
We have one user that has this problem. When he points to the print button in Outlook, Outlook hangs for up to two minutes. Any idea where to look for the cause of this issue? Thanks, Neal Hello Neal, Could you give us more information about the problem? - Could you confirm than only one user has his behavior? - What's the Outlook version? - Did the user install Add-in, software which generete .pdf? - Does the hang of Outlook occur each time when pointing to the print button? - You can disable all third part software and disable Add-in of Ooutlook as well Let me know if the i...

Excel 2003 SP2 hangs on HTML paste
Since upgrade to SP2 version of Office 2003 my Word and Excel applications hang when trying to complete a HTML paste operation of data copied from a web page in Internet Explorer version 6. This only happens while I'm connected to the Internet. If I close my connection the paste completes. Anyone know why or how to correct? Microsoft people feel free to comment. OS: Windows XP SP2, Home Hardware: HP a610 AV: Norton Internet Security 2005 Dialup connection ...

Outlook 03 email hangs in Outbox
XP/Outlook03/Norton same problem on cable and phone with three different computers. Up until about a month ago when I typed a new email and hit send. No problem it would go out one by one. No new hardware or software other than virus and OS updates. About a month ago, emails would collect inthe outbox rather than go out individually. Now I have to go into outbox and then hit send/receive. 50% of the time all the messages except one email goes out. 40% of the time none of the email messages go out. 10% of the time I get on the cable Ox800CCCoF error message stating that cannot connect...

CRM 4.0 email router hangs occassionally on Russian Spam mail
I often have to reset the CRM Email Router service because the service will get stuck on a particular email message, and the service hangs not knowing what to do with this email. This has happened several times over the last 2 months and there is an event log with the following information in it: Log Name: Application Source: MSCRMEmail Date: 11/10/2008 3:58:49 PM Event ID: 0 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: bltisvr12.biolase.net Description: #26234 - The E-mail Router service could not process a provid...

opening calendar view in outlook 2007 hangs outlook
Outlook 2007, fully updated (SP2 installed; automatic Windows updates) VISTA Business 64 bit, also fully updated Compaq 6910P laptop, 4 gig RAM; 81 GB free on hard drive (about 50% full) Running with POP/SMTP service (No Exchange server) When I open Outlook mail folder opens just fine; can read and send messages. When I try to open the Calendar, Outlook hangs (the usual not responding messages) Opening in Safe mode does not fix it. Running the /cleanprofile, /safe:4, PST file was up to about 580 MB; cleaned it up and compacted ; now 450MB (well below limits listed on MS ...

Outlook Connector Hangs After Send
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. BUMP ...

web page launches bat, hangs
Not sure which the right fora are for this but the one obvious choice hasn't been very helpful... I have an ASP.Net page that is used to launch certain jobs using System.Diagnostics.Process, based on a config. The config also allows the web master to set which creds to use running the app - effected through psexec.exe. This had been working fine for many months, but recently the jobs spawned by psexec.exe have been hanging - specifically anything that would run through cmd.exe (bat files and the like). Any cmd.exe psexec spawn hangs and leaves a System eventlog messag...

outlook hangs because of big size of the mail
Hi, I have received mail of huge size. As soon as I click on that message, outlook hangs. It doesn't respond at all. I am not able to delete that message. Please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance, Regards, Srinivas Acharya ...

Outlook hangs and won't send/receive
I'm running Windows XP Pro and using Outlook 2000. Recently Outlook will not send or receive and when I try to quit it hangs. I've added all the patches and updates and Norton tells me I have no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks! ...