Outlook 2003 Follow Up Flag File Failure

Hi: I’m running Outlook 2003, Win XP-Pro with all SPs and the latest updates,
but have recently developed a problem with Outlook’s Follow Up flag feature.

I’m able to flag messages in my Inbox with one of several different colors;
but none of the flagged messages automatically appear in the built-in Follow
Up folder.  Sure, I can still drag and drop copies of flagged messages into
the Follow Up folder, but I miss the auto feature – something that has worked
up until recently.

I did a “repair” to Outlook, but the problem still exists.  All my e-mail
accounts are POP-3 accounts and I haven’t made any changes there (that I know
of) in years.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a possible fix?

Thanks for reading.

For Follow Up is just a search folder.  Maybe it got messed up somehow.
Right-click it and choose Customize this Search Folder and make sure that it
still shows that it’s searching your entire message store (or all of the
relevant folders anyhow) for any messages with follow-up flags.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"EdN_OPKS" <EdNOPKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi: I’m running Outlook 2003, Win XP-Pro with all SPs and the latest
> updates,
> but have recently developed a problem with Outlook’s Follow Up flag
> feature.
>
> I’m able to flag messages in my Inbox with one of several different
> colors;
> but none of the flagged messages automatically appear in the built-in
> Follow
> Up folder.  Sure, I can still drag and drop copies of flagged messages
> into
> the Follow Up folder, but I miss the auto feature – something that has
> worked
> up until recently.
>
> I did a “repair” to Outlook, but the problem still exists.  All my e-mail
> accounts are POP-3 accounts and I haven’t made any changes there (that I
> know
> of) in years.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for a possible fix?
>
> Thanks for reading.

0
Ben
4/11/2010 6:49:28 AM
Thanks Ben.  I followed your advice and in doing so found that when I had
accidentally deleted the "For Follow Up" folder from my Favorites view some
time back, I goofed by manually creating a replacement folder called "For
Follow Up", but without using the proper procedure (i.e. dragging the folder
from search folders).  All is well now -- thanks again for your assistance.
-Ed-

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:

> For Follow Up is just a search folder.  Maybe it got messed up somehow.
> Right-click it and choose Customize this Search Folder and make sure that it
> still shows that it’s searching your entire message store (or all of the
> relevant folders anyhow) for any messages with follow-up flags.
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html
> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>
> "EdN_OPKS" <EdNOPKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi: I’m running Outlook 2003, Win XP-Pro with all SPs and the latest
> > updates,
> > but have recently developed a problem with Outlook’s Follow Up flag
> > feature.
> >
> > I’m able to flag messages in my Inbox with one of several different
> > colors;
> > but none of the flagged messages automatically appear in the built-in
> > Follow
> > Up folder.  Sure, I can still drag and drop copies of flagged messages
> > into
> > the Follow Up folder, but I miss the auto feature – something that has
> > worked
> > up until recently.
> >
> > I did a “repair” to Outlook, but the problem still exists.  All my e-mail
> > accounts are POP-3 accounts and I haven’t made any changes there (that I
> > know
> > of) in years.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions for a possible fix?
> >
> > Thanks for reading.

Creating and Organization Chart from and excel file
I was able to create an org. chart awhile ago and now when I try to use the org. chart wizard and select the excel file I get an error "cannot read names". I have excel and visio 2003. Can anyone help???? I want to include 4 fields from from excel file (name, title, department, reports_to). Help! Have you tried creating an Excel file recently? Perhaps there's an issue with your existing Excel file. I'd try generating a dummy file using the wizard, and then try importing it iback nto a new Visio file using the wizard. If that works, then you may want to cut / pas...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook 2003

Excel Crash

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

To increase the upload file limit ONLY for one site collection
Hi, I have more than 1900 site collections on a web application. I know I can modify the upload file limit thru the CA or directly on the Web config file. However, I do not want to change the setting for all the site collections. I need to be able to change the setting only for a particular site collection. Is there anyway I can add manualy that entry in the web config file. Has anyone tried? Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Antonio ...