Outlook 2003 email editor and Word 2003

Hello everyone.

I have a client who is having a problem with outlook and word. When she
opens an email and tries to reply using Word editor through Outlook she gets
an error. "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is
unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version of Outlook. The
Outlook email-will be used instead. When she does type an email on Outlook,
spell check tool does not spell check her words/sentence.  Also, when she
opens word and tries to type something, words/sentences don't appear on the
document. I've reinstalled office, checked spell check settings, made sure
its on USA English. I also ran a command "c:\>regsvr32 ole32.dll" and still
having no luck.

Windows XP SP3
Office 2003 SP3

Can someone please advice.

Thank you

0
Gorge

You'll have to troubleshoot Word for this. As long as Word is not working
properly, Outlook cannot use it as the email editor either.

Resetting the normal.dot file by renaming it to .old might work.
Also, if Word works correctly in Word Safe Mode, it is likely to be caused
by an add-in you have installed.
To start Word in Safe Mode use;
Start-> Run; winword.exe /a

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Gorge Lucas" <nope@nope.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone.
>
> I have a client who is having a problem with outlook and word. When she
> opens an email and tries to reply using Word editor through Outlook she
> gets an error. "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However,
> Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version of Outlook.
> The Outlook email-will be used instead. When she does type an email on
> Outlook, spell check tool does not spell check her words/sentence.  Also,
> when she opens word and tries to type something, words/sentences don't
> appear on the document. I've reinstalled office, checked spell check
> settings, made sure its on USA English. I also ran a command "c:\>regsvr32
> ole32.dll" and still having no luck.
>
> Windows XP SP3
> Office 2003 SP3
>
> Can someone please advice.
>

> Thank you

0
Roady
4/20/2010 8:16:52 AM

Also, see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906307
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
4/20/2010 12:10:05 PM

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Gorge Lucas" <nope@nope.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have a client who is having a problem with outlook and word. When she
>> opens an email and tries to reply using Word editor through Outlook she
>> gets an error. "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However,
>> Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version of
>> Outlook.
>
> Also, see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906307
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Tried all of this. Nothing worked. Even renaming normal.dot, removing office
completely and reinstalling has not fixed the problem. I'm thinking there's
some sort of registry corruption. Any ideas?

0
Gorge

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Equation Editor 10.0.0 crashes upon launch
Launching Equation Editor 10.0.0 (02092700) results in the crash log entry: Date/Time: 2003-09-12 14:13:05 -0500 OS Version: 10.2.6 (Build 6L60) Command: Equation Editor PID: 896 Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001) Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000038 Thread 0 Crashed: #0 0x90248dac in ConstructClosure #1 0x90254a64 in PrepareClosure #2 0x90263f6c in PCFragPrepareClosureByName #3 0x90278630 in CCFM_LaunchApplication #4 0x0000362c in main #5 0x0000329c in _start #6 0x0000311c in start PPC Thread State: srr0: 0x90248dac srr1: 0x0000d03...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

ActiveX Control in Word
Hello, I have a couple of issues with an activex control developed in MFC targeted for Office. In Powerpoint, when the user right clicks on my control and selects "Edit", my control starts receiving mouse and keyboard input, since it becomes active. However, in Word when the user selects Edit, the control does not recive any input. But if I click the design toggle button in the Control toolbar, the control goes active and recives input. I would like my control to be activated in Word the same way as it gets activated in Powerpoint, is this possible? The second issue is, when...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Excel Crash

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Outlook 2003 Contact data