Setup in a nutshell...

System: Lenovo T500 laptop
OS: Vista Business SP1 32-bit
Software: Office Outlook 2003 SP3

Problem...
So I'm using this setup for over a year, everything OK.  Yesterday I did two
things and now Outlook dies (quietly, sans error message) immediately after
startup.  It show the splash screen, displays my inbox, and *poof* disappears.

What I did earlier...
1. Windows Update installed: KB9766662, KB979306, KB979099, KB975929
2. At the same time, while searching for another program to uninstall I
stumbled upon (and uninstalled) Windows LIVE Toolbar and LIVE Sign-in
Assistant.

Now I don't know what did it and I don't understand what any of the above
would sabotage my OL2003.  Any ideas?

Perhaps insert Office / Outlook cd and undertake a Detect/Repair, see what
that produces

"Eyad" <Eyad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Setup in a nutshell...
>
> System: Lenovo T500 laptop
> OS: Vista Business SP1 32-bit
> Software: Office Outlook 2003 SP3
>
> Problem...
> So I'm using this setup for over a year, everything OK.  Yesterday I did
> two
> things and now Outlook dies (quietly, sans error message) immediately
> after
> startup.  It show the splash screen, displays my inbox, and *poof*
> disappears.
>
> What I did earlier...
> 1. Windows Update installed: KB9766662, KB979306, KB979099, KB975929
> 2. At the same time, while searching for another program to uninstall I
> stumbled upon (and uninstalled) Windows LIVE Toolbar and LIVE Sign-in
> Assistant.
>
> Now I don't know what did it and I don't understand what any of the above
> would sabotage my OL2003.  Any ideas?

0
DL
2/25/2010 1:43:37 PM
Try opening Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane
(note the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane)

Vista & Windows 7

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /resetnavpane
(same space)

"Eyad" <Eyad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Setup in a nutshell...
>
> System: Lenovo T500 laptop
> OS: Vista Business SP1 32-bit
> Software: Office Outlook 2003 SP3
>
> Problem...
> So I'm using this setup for over a year, everything OK.  Yesterday I did
two
> things and now Outlook dies (quietly, sans error message) immediately
after
> startup.  It show the splash screen, displays my inbox, and *poof*
disappears.

> What I did earlier...
> 1. Windows Update installed: KB9766662, KB979306, KB979099, KB975929
> 2. At the same time, while searching for another program to uninstall I
> stumbled upon (and uninstalled) Windows LIVE Toolbar and LIVE Sign-in
> Assistant.
>
> Now I don't know what did it and I don't understand what any of the above
> would sabotage my OL2003.  Any ideas?

0
Orland

repost: Outlook and incoming html
Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? Thanks -- Tendril ___________________________ A mistake is only a mistake If one learns nothing from it Tendril <dontuspamtendril@shotgunsandwich.net> wrote: > Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? I don't think so. That feature was added in Outlook 2002. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths do...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

re: updating values
that works, but i'll need to add a lot of hidden feilds (20+/-)... Is there another way (perhaps more efficient -if not as simple?) ("there's more than one way to skin a cat") thanks inadvance, mark --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Daryl S" <DarylS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79CFD708-34B3-419A-A3F1-CF7050ACDE9F@microsoft.com... > Mark - > > Add the field [PresetOption] to the form. You can set the .visible > property > to FALSE so the user won't see it. Then the code...

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook 2003

Parent / Child Price Updates
Is there an add-on that will update the cost of a "child" item when the "parent" item is purchased? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C705BB.BB763D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is what already happens! Whenever u do receiving by a parent, the = child cost is updated! This might happen to u if you have more than one item that is assigned = to the same parent item, in this case, the cost of one child only will = be updated, this's a bug that was reso...

Excel Crash

outlook 2000 help file

Chart Stopped Updating
Hi I have a number of DDE links that I use to increment Rows D to I every second, providing me with a method of data logging my DDE Links. I find that my chart works fine up to about 247 rows then stops updating. I have just upgraded from 2003 to 2007 version of Excel. Any ideas. Thanks Alec when you saved into 2007, you keep the old file format or use the new format? if using new, pls make sure you are using xlsm. if you are using the compatibility mode, please check make to make sure you click the security setting to low. "Alectrical" wrote: > Hi ...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

How can I tell if our GP 9.0 is updated to the latest SP and patch
We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, but I'm not sure we are at SP1 or the latest patches have been installed. Is there a way to tell from the versions numbers displayed in the "About Microsoft Dynamics GP" box? Or, maybe asked a different way, if at the latest updates, what should the Dexterity and GP 9.0 version numbers be at? hello, You know if it's Dynamics GP SP1 when you see that: Dynamics GP - 9.00.0259 Dexterity - 9.00.0068.0 rgds, timber On Oct 6, 6:35 am, dcnjoe60 <dcnjo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, bu...

How to force a control to update itself on screen?
This may sound like a very basic question, but I have a loop that runs, and I want to update a CEdit onscreen in each loop iteration. Unfortunately, when I do this in the code the screen is not affected until I get out of the loop. Is there a way to force a screen update? Thanks in advance. If your CEdit control has an ID of IDC_EDIT_BOX, then the following will update the control immediately: CString txt; char moretext[32]; int ival = 8; txt = "Some Stuff" SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT_BOX, txt); sprintf(moretext,"I've counted to %d", ival); SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...