Outbox jam w/ 98mb attachment-how to delete? - 112788

Accidently a 98mb attachment was sent in an email. It would not send so it is
stuck in my Outbox. It will not delete and it prohibits other sent activity.
How can I get rid of it.
--
Thank You!

"Indian Queen" <IndianQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Accidently a 98mb attachment was sent in an email. It would not send so it
> is
> stuck in my Outbox. It will not delete and it prohibits other sent
> activity.
> How can I get rid of it.

Click File and check Work Offline.  Then either wait about five minutes or
close and then restart Outlook.  Delete
the message.  Click File and uncheck Work Offline.

If that doesn't work, try this:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm

0
Gordon
6/5/2010 2:08:12 PM
Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks
--
Thank You!

> Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks

YW!

0
Gordon
6/5/2010 4:38:11 PM
Gordon

Now you can get your diploma in Marriage Counseling. LOL

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Indian Queen" <IndianQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks
>
> YW!

0
Peter
6/5/2010 9:33:31 PM
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gordon
>
> Now you can get your diploma in Marriage Counseling. LOL

:-)

0
Gordon

Attachement #2
Hi I have template to send e-mail but each time i have to attach a new file to the mail. Could we make a template look at a specifique folder and retreive the file in that folder as an attachement? Thank for any input You can use an Add-in from MAPILab for this; http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/file_send/ If you decide to order use "4PM76A8" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Luc" <Luc@discussions.microsoft...

how to delete rows #2
I have a work sheet that has many rows like this and 3 coloums 1 chair custom 24 2 table custom 0 3 spoon custom 3563 4 hat custom 0 now I would like to make another colom and only extract those that their sum is greather than zero. in other words I would like to delete rows 2 and 4 how can i do that using if-function or any other function tnx khers You can use Auto Filter ,First select all then From menu choose Data - Filter - Auto Filter , Now you can select 0 Value from drop down o...

can not send my attachments from microsoft word
was reading others problems, i have a free trail of norton on computer, could this be the problem? and if so is there away to change setting so i can have full use of my computer with out loseing protection? thanks "brit_minor" <brit_minor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C41CDA9-DB66-4C63-9580-53246A811F5A@microsoft.com... > was reading others problems, i have a free trail of norton on computer, > could > this be the problem? and if so is there away to change setting so i can > have > full use of my computer with out loseing pro...

Mac people can't open my jpeg attachments
I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to send a jpeg as an attachment, most people can open it, but not those with Macs. It says "Windata" or something like that. This is new behavior, has not been a problem before. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. You need to send email in HTML or Plain Text, not RTF. "Janja" <Janja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD42A7FF-C449-4008-81E2-637D76FF11B8@microsoft.com... :I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to send a jpeg as an : attachment, most people ca...

Cannot delete message from Outbox
There is a message stuck in the Outbox. It has an attachment too large for the SMTP server. However, if I try to delete the message from the Outbox or if I try to move it to another folder, I get an error message "MAPI Spooler has already started sending this message." Any ideas on how I can kill this message? Thanks. ...

Anyone found a way to remove Outlook CRM client after a corrupted or deleted user profile?
Just curious if anyone has discovered a way to remove the Sales for Outlook after having either a corrupted or deleted user profile? So far I have had this twice and have had to re-image each computer in order to be able to re-install the client for a new user. Thanks. Carl Fisher The main thing you need to do is remove the MSCRM key from the registry (local mahchine\software\microsoft\mscrm). Then, you actually need to install and then uninstall. This will give you the cleanest removal. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mo...

Delete an image from the cell
Delete an image from the cell Hi I am transforming html report content (which is generated using XML and XSLT) into Excel wroksheet. I opened the excel file and delete the image from the cell but the excel does not allow to delete an image. I could not able to find the properties of the cell. How could i delete the image from the cell? Thanks Yuva. Cells can contain constants, formulae, or errors. They cannot contain images/shapes. Images exist in the drawing layer above the sheet, and can be accessed via the shapes or pictures collection. In article <B6561E41-1068-477B-99E3-A...

Attachments 04-20-10
I have a user who is using outlook 2003 in exchange server who is having problems with his emails with attachments. On the emails it will show a paper clip icon but doesn't have anything to open. This only happens with some emails, some he receives the attachment fine with attachments of different sizes and from different programs. Any ideas of why its not showing the attachment? Thanks ...

Subroutine (Delete Name Ranges) Errors "sometimes"
Using XL 2003 & 97 60 % of the time the subroutine below; works fine. Other times it errors on Name (wanting a definition) I have not "Dim" ed "Name" previous to this loop thinking that "Name" is a system thing. This may be my error. Also, I am not sure how to error trap the routine - if no names exist. I used "On Error Resume Next" and it still errored Sub DeleteAllNames() 'ALL sheets For Each Name In Names Name.Delete Next Name End Sub Any thoughts? TIA Dennis Determined that the following macro must be run from a ...

Problem with CString::Delete
CString str = "12345"; // this works fine str.Delete(2, 3); // this does not result in an access violation but also does not work str.Delete(2, 4); // both of these result in an access violation str.Delete(2, INT_MAX - 1); str.Delete(2, str.GetLength()); Per MSDN, if nCount is longer than the string, the remainder of the string will be removed. While this may have been the intent, it obviously does not work. Is this a known issue? I can use Left() just fine, but I was more curious as to what was up with Delete(). The nBytesToCopy variable in Delete() is negative right befor...

PowerPoint Attachments
I have onr computer in our office that refuses to open a PowerPoint attachment in any way than as a slide show. Does any one know how to fix this problem? How is this related to Outlook and what is the file extension on the PPT file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jim asked: | I have onr computer in our office that refuses to open a | PowerPoint attachment in any way than as...

Money 2003: help - how can I add trended items back into the cashflow analysis
I deleted some trended items from my cashflow analysis by accident on mny 2003, Is there any way of getting them back in there??? thanks in advance. Click on the 'customise cash flow' option which is either on the left hand side of the cash flow display, or right clicking on the chart. To put it back, you need to select an option in there. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or...

Need help w/stock status report
We are on 9.0 using manufacturing with all items set up as average cost. The canned stock status reports no longer work to tie to GL in 9.0/10.0 so I am wriitng my own in either Smartlist Builder with a SQL view or Crystal Reports. I just want to get close in tying GL to inventory value. I am thinking on the IV10200, with this (qty received * Unit Cost) - (qty sold * adjusted cost) for each layer. Then the sum of each layer "should" be close to GL. Am I on the right track? Microsoft used to report that using the Average Costing valuation method is never going to tie to the ...

Can't recover deleted items
I've seen this post several times, but thus far haven't found a posted solution. I've got a user who goes into Outlook and tries to recover her deleted items. When she does so, it boots her out of outlook. I originally thought this was a Win98 issue with Outlook 2000. I upgraded her to W2K pro and it is still doing it. I'm confrused. Could soemone out there lend a solution? Thanks, Mark Have her try logging into her mailbox on another computer to isolate the problem. If you run OWA, try it there, too. Markus wrote: > I've seen this post several times, but thus far h...

Exchange 2k3 Recovery in another h/w
Friends Need your help guys!,, Is there any way i can restore exchange2003 in another h/w with same os? Existing exchange server name :osiExchange OS :Windows 2003 Standerd SP1. Domain member :osiExchnage.osi.local New H/w I hv installed Windows2003 Sp1 and joined to my existing domain ! do i need to keep the same hostname for new server? pls heelp me out by steps and advises Best Regards, On 27 Jan 2007 21:01:14 -0800, "Vamsi" <konasanimurali@gmail.com> wrote: >Friends > >Need your help gu...

Deleting pictures in Excel using visual basic
I have written a visual basic module to insert pictures from a list contained in a worksheet. I have figured out how to delete the picture when I load the next picture. For this I need to know the picture number. My problem is the indexing or the picture number. The number of shapes ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count doesn't change But the picture number does increment. I am using workaround by updating the picture number in a cell on the active sheet BUT this is a kluge! More importantly, I will be using this to display a large number of images [1000s 100000s]. I don't know wheter there is an ...

Delete / Remove Attachments from Reading Pane in Outlook 2003?
is this possible? i could have sworn i was able to do it when i first installed outlook 2003. in the Reading Pane, the attachment would show up in the header and i would right-click the attachment and select Remove, but now the option is grayed out. it doesn't make sense for it to be grayed out if unless it was usable at one time. if it was never an option to remove attachment from the Reading Pane, "Remove" shouldn't be there on the right-click menu. i can still remove attachments by fully opening up the email and right-clicking on the attachment and selecting Remove, b...

delete formulas but retain answer
I have used this formula SUM($E$3*E8) to give answer in cell F8 It is part of a contract document which I have to return to them In cells e3 to e8 are my rates and other info used to arrive at a total. Now I only want to return this document with the column that is now in F8 minus E3 to E8 If I delete E3 to E8 I lose the total that is in F8 (cause I will have deleted the formulas) Is there a way to retain the info in F8 but delete columns E3 to E8 thanks Am Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:23:22 +0100 schrieb SS: > Is there a way to retain the info in F8 but delete columns E3 to E8...

Forms
I am currently developing a form in Publisher 2003. I need some of the responses on the form to be "required". For example, if a box is checked that a person is requesting vacation, the text field below it would be where the user would indicate his/her dates of vacation. If vacation is checked, the text field should be required. Or, even if I could just make it so the user must check a box for vacation vs. no vacation (even without dates), I would be happy with that. Any ideas, or am I not going to be able to accomplish this in Publisher? I didn't see any reference a...

unable to open internet mail attachment when computer is offline
when i try to open internet mails with attachment windows xp generates error and it closes the inbox this behaviour occurs when my computer is plugged off the network, when my system is back on network i can open mail attachments without any pbm.Internet mails configured in outlookXP ...

Cannot open the envelop as a form of attachment in an email
I tried to doubl-click the attachment with my email in a form of envelop icon but it won't open. Any idea, thanks in advance. I have MS Outlook 2003. If you have the Google Desktop thing installed, uninstall it to see if the functionality returns. "tobyone" <toblam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eQyh7a5NIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I tried to doubl-click the attachment with my email in a form of envelop >icon but it won't open. Any idea, thanks in advance. I have MS Outlook >2003. > ...

How to manually delete mailboxes
How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. I also would like to remove these people from the Global address book. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:14:03 -0700, gtucker <gtucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete >some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. >I also would like to remove these people from the Global addr...

outbox won't send
I can not empty the outbox when I send mail. I can do each one seperately. The problem I belive is the outbox is not included in the send receive group. Outlook 2002 will not allow me to add it either. is there a way to unlock or unblock this??? ...

Deleting text files after use
I am opening up a text file and reading its contents. Once I am done processing the file I would like to remove it so the code knows not to repeat the process the next time that window is open. I can't seem to find a "TextFile_Delete" anywhere. Am I missing it somewhere? Thanks, Don Nevermind - I wrote this too soon. I found File_Delete. Sorry for the inconvenience... Don "rengeek33" wrote: > I am opening up a text file and reading its contents. Once I am done > processing the file I would like to remove it so the code knows not to repeat > the ...

Delayed or not sent messages and they are stored in outbox not sen
My emails are not being sent or are delayed in sending and I find them in my outbox in regular script which is why I can tell they have not been sent. But some have been sent because they are in italics. What is wrong? If they are marked read when you look in the outbox, stop looking. :) See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Out...