Outbox jam w/ 98mb attachment-how to delete? - 112788

Accidently a 98mb attachment was sent in an email. It would not send so it is
stuck in my Outbox. It will not delete and it prohibits other sent activity.
How can I get rid of it.
--
Thank You!

"Indian Queen" <IndianQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Accidently a 98mb attachment was sent in an email. It would not send so it
> is
> stuck in my Outbox. It will not delete and it prohibits other sent
> activity.
> How can I get rid of it.

Click File and check Work Offline.  Then either wait about five minutes or
close and then restart Outlook.  Delete
the message.  Click File and uncheck Work Offline.

If that doesn't work, try this:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm

0
Gordon
6/5/2010 2:08:12 PM
Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks
--
Thank You!

> Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks

YW!

0
Gordon
6/5/2010 4:38:11 PM
Gordon

Now you can get your diploma in Marriage Counseling. LOL

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Indian Queen" <IndianQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks
>
> YW!

0
Peter
6/5/2010 9:33:31 PM
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gordon
>
> Now you can get your diploma in Marriage Counseling. LOL

:-)

0
Gordon

Email template w/ options
We'd like to create an email template in our organization that would format the subject line based on user input, allowing sort-by-subject according to our criteria. I think we'd like a popup box upon creating a new email that required you to select a number of criteria such as action/info, due date, priority/routine, etc., and then formatted the subject line accordingly (i.e., it would put all that info in the subject line according to your input). How can I go about this? Thanks, Jason ...

Outbox Email
I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Frank Please send any help to the above email address. Thanks, Frank >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in >my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in >Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any >help will be appreciated. > >Thanks, > >Frank > >. > If you have messages in your Outbox, ...

Message automatically deleted after opening
I am using Windows Mail in Vista 32 bit Home Premium. Recently I have been encountering a problem with my e-mails. I open an e-mail and close it after it is read. If I proceed to go to another folder and, then return to the Inbox, the message that I read is no longer there. It doesn't go to the Delete Folder or, any other folder that I have set up. Does anyone know why this is happening and, how I can fix it. Thanks. -- Floridaguy "Floridaguy" <Floridaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53C48531-DCA8-45BE-8C65-97B19E28B977@microsoft.c...

Attach vCard/Contact to an email
Is it possible to attach or insert a vCard or Contact (not my own) to an email so I can send it to someone? If so, when the email is received, can they use Save Attachment to add it to their Outlook Contacts? ...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

Mail stays in Outbox for about a minute
I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send Imediately When Connected selected" Any thoughts? Sander wrote: > I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in > the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send > Imediately When Connected selected" > > Any thoughts? What version/SP of Outlook? If you're on 2003, using cached mode? What client OS version, and is there a personal firewall installed/enabled? Anyone else...

Appointment not being deleted from CRM calendar after delete in Outlook
Hi, One of our client has installed the Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Outlook 3.0 on one desktop for testing purposes. As long as the user is creating new appointments and has clicked the "Track in CRM", everything goes fine, the appointment is created in Outlook calendar as well as in the CRM calendar -> Good. But if the user deletes the appointment in Outlook, after the synchronization, the corresponding appointment is NOT deleted in the CRM calendar -> Not Good. This is not the behaviour expected since Outlook is kind of the "master" in this schema: eve...

Deleting a mailbox
I am running Exchange 2003 on a 2003 server (not a domain server). When an employee leaves the company, I use Active Directory Users and Computers on the exchange server, I right click the user>exchange tasks>delete mailbox. How come when I go to the Storage Unit>mailboxes for the server, I still see the mailbox there? I cannot delete it? The user is gone from the gal. What is going on and how do I delete the mailbox? Regards, Even after that it will stay there until after the deleted mailbox recovery period. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs...

opening attachments #9
I am unable to open any attachments in outlook 2000. I get an error message saying that the file is not associated and i must go to my computer to pick a program to open the attachment. When i follow the instructions, i don't have the option to open any program. Could this be a memory problem? Any suggestions? ...

Rule/ policy to delete old email
Hi, i have Exhange 2000, and need to be able to delete email of a certain age. Is there a rule/policy or tool to do this. Thanks You can create a Mailbox Manager recipient policy to control this. In Exchange System Manager, Recipients, Recipient Policies, create a new policy of type Mailbox Manager. Review all the settings available to you. You might consider first running it in report mode so you get an idea of how it will act. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Podge" <Podge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DDF76C6-5717-4C86-BA01-EF18BEA7...

copy formulaes w/o filename
Hi there, How can I select a range of cells in a file, and copy those in a different file without having all formula contain the name of the former file? thx, jm -- jmwismer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jmwismer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28201 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494593 I like to do this: Change the formulas to strings, copy the ranges, paste the ranges, and then convert them back to formulas. Select the range to copy in the original workbook ...

Unable to send attachments
Hi, I have been trying to attach a file (any type) to my email and send it. It gets sent and when the recipient receives, he claims there are no attachment. I checked my sent folder, the attachment is attached and was sent. I sent the mail to mysel and the attachment was right there. Please explain what i should do to solve this problem. Richie - Thank you!!! I assume you are using Outlook and not Outlook Express...is the recipient of these e-mails also using Outlook? What format are you sending the messages in (HTML, Plain Text, Rich Text) and are you using Word as your e-mail editor...

How to delete a text object?
I can delete most objects by selecting them and pressing the Delete key. If I do that with a text object, the Delete key deletes a character in the text inside the object. I have found that I can right-click the object and then select Delete Object or I can press the Detele key while holding down the Shift key. Is there a setting that will make Publisher select just the object with the first click and the text with a second click? Visio works this way and it's much easier for me -- maybe because I'm usdd to it. -- Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) ...

How can you change languages in a single document w/o old toolbar
The language button has disappeared from the "Review" menu in Word 2007. I produce many documents that are bilingual or contain quotes in one language, while being written primarily in another. I don't see how to change languages to be able to do an automatic spell check in such a document (or how to change languages from one document to another without rebooting the system every time). PS, please shoot the genius who made this change in the toolbar an automatic one done overnight. You can create character styles with different languages defined, and apply ...

Heart Beat w/ Thud for 1:00 minute
Good morning Wizards of the Board ... Excel 2000 ... I am back with the Heart Beat ... My Production lines must produce product to the customers beat of demand ... to emphasize this ... I would like to imbed a Red Pulsating Heart with a Heart Beat Thud within my spread sheet. I would like this to be activated when WorkBook is opened & since I understand this might prevent Excel from performing other activities while activated ... I would like it to be disabled after 1:00 minute of play ... I would also like to be able to edit the time of 1:00 min if I am not happy with it. As ...

Attachments in OE
My OE keeps removing attachments sent to me from trusted sources.. is there any way to fix this? Tools, Options, Security. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Nicki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054101c39e7e$eb0ef600$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My OE keeps removing attachments sent to me from trusted > sources.. is there any way to fix this? Try posting to an OE newsgroup "Nicki" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

selectively deleting cells
I would like to selectively delete alternate rows on an excel worksheet containing a long list of data. i.e. deleting rows/cells A3,A5,A7,A9,A11....A30573 etc. How do i do this quickly without having to use CTRL + select for each specific cell/row? Del, It isn't clear what you mean by "selectively" delete the rows. If you just want to delete every other row, use code like Sub DeleteEveryOtherRow() Dim RowNdx As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False For RowNdx = 30573 To 3 Step -2 Rows(RowNdx).Delete Next RowNdx Application.ScreenUpdating = True E...

How to Change default font /is it possible to retrieve a deleted f
My PC runs on the new Windows 7. 1. Is it possible to retrieve a deleted file? I did look in the recyle area, and my deleted file was not there. 2. How do you change the default font? 1. If the file has been deleted from the Recycle Bin, you'll need special data recovery software. I have to admit that I have no idea how useful that kind of software actually is. Depending on the nature of the deleted document, it might not be worth the effort (or cost). 2. You can choose a font in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D) and then click the Default button to change the defaul...

Outbox not sending messages
My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very much. Lynda On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 11:15:25 -0800, "Lynda Reid" <lreidrealtor@comcast.net> wrote: >My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as >to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very >much. > >Lynda YOu're asking in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for the database software Microsoft Access, not for email software or general compu...

filtering rows w/ VBA
Let me setup the workbook. Since Google groups won't let me attach a sheet, I'll do my best. Sheet 1. _______________________________________________________________ |_____|___A____|____B___|___C___|___D___|___E_____________________| |__1__|Fruit/Veg|___X_____| |__2__|Orange_|_________| |__3__|Apple__|____X_____| |__4__|Banana_|___X______| |__5__|Grape__|_________| |__6__|Tomato_|____X____| |__7__|Carrot__|_________| Sheet 2. _______________________________________________________________ |_____|___A____|____B_____________| |__1__|Name___|Produce____________| |__2__|...

Where "delete"
Hello: I have a dialog appl. In OnInitDilag() i allocated memory using "new". Where is the best place to release this memory using "delete"when dialog is being closed ? thank you, dave Where and when the memory should be deleted depends on where and when the memory is needed and, sometimes, how much memory we're talking about. If you need to allocate Windows-related memory, you could do it in OnInitDialog. Just be sure you set some variable that indicates the memory has not yet been set in your constructor. Then, either when the dialog closes or in the dialo...

how to reset attachment launch on MS Outlook 2003
When I get an email with photo attachment, after I click on the attachement, it launches my photo software without giving me the option to save to file. How can I set this to not launch without that option? Don Smith <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When I get an email with photo attachment, after I click on the > attachement, it launches my photo software without giving me the > option to save to file. How can I set this to not launch without that > option? Do you mean that once your photo software launches that there is no File>Save As menu item in the photo software...

Problem Attaching File to Email
I have setup email, using CDO, in a database. I have incorporated www.lebans.com's code for creating a PDF. However, when I configure my CDO.Message object, I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method. Error Number 438" Here is the offending code. It is the .AddAttachment property. With iMsg .To = gblEmail1 .From = gblEmailFrom .BCC = gblEmailBCC .Subject = gblEmailSubject .Sender = gblEmailReply .ReplyTo = gblEmailReply .HTMLBody = gblEmailBody .AddAttachment = "c:\tsw\...

Public Folder deletion tools
Hi, Is there any native or third party tools which I can use to delete public folders(5,000 >)from Exchange 5.5 servers. Thnaks Biju ...

outbox? what outbox?
I'm getting a message that I have unsent mail in my outbox, but I can't find any outbox ANYWHERE. New computer, first-time outlook user. All I have is an inbox. That's it. No sent mail folder either. What gives? zant zant <> wrote: > I'm getting a message that I have unsent mail in my > outbox, but I can't find any outbox ANYWHERE. New > computer, first-time outlook user. All I have is an > inbox. That's it. No sent mail folder either. What gives? > zant View -> Folder List -- Shenan Stanley "Just trying to help" ---------------...