Oulook Notations

Hi

I have an email and wonderd if there was a facility whereby I can add
notations of a conversation to it?  As an example I have an email that
provisionally wanted to order 50 widgets, I spoke to him on the phone (as he
never replies to emails) and he decided he was not going to pursue it
further.  I just want to record in text against his email that I have had the
converstion with him on 20th May at whatever and then the details, is this
possible

Thanks

BABYPINK wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an email and wonderd if there was a facility whereby I can add
> notations of a conversation to it?  As an example I have an email that
> provisionally wanted to order 50 widgets, I spoke to him on the phone (as he
> never replies to emails) and he decided he was not going to pursue it
> further.  I just want to record in text against his email that I have had the
> converstion with him on 20th May at whatever and then the details, is this
> possible
>
> Thanks

Open the e-mail.  Use the Edit -> Edit Message menu.
0
VanguardLH
5/21/2010 11:00:05 AM
BABYPINK wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an email and wonderd if there was a facility whereby I can add
> notations of a conversation to it? As an example I have an email that
> provisionally wanted to order 50 widgets, I spoke to him on the phone
> (as he
> never replies to emails) and he decided he was not going to pursue it
> further. I just want to record in text against his email that I have
> had the
> converstion with him on 20th May at whatever and then the details, is
> this
> possible
>
> Thanks

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2008/20081121.htm and
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070507.htm for available
methods.

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
Slipstick's Profile: http://www.outlookforums.com/member.php?userid=1
View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45481

http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Slipstick

Oulook
Outlook express users do not receive attachments sent via outlook 97. If the same message is sent to an outlook user the attachment is fine. Any ideas? Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format (in your case it will have to be plain text since Outlook 97 doesn't support HTML) when sending messages to Outlook Express users, or users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attachments. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Oulook...
capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to prevent this??? Tnx Ted This happens when you hit the return key to start a new line? "Ted" <vitanov@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:2qjol.9817$FI5.7387@newsfe07.iad... > capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to > prevent this??? > > > Tnx Ted turn off the spell check options in tools, options, spelling. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Creeping Oulook connectivity problems
Hey folks, Looking for help/ideas here. Smallish office, 25 users or so. Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 (we can't/won't deal with AD) on good hardware--dual 2 Ghz Xeon Dell with 4 GB of RAM, mirrored RAID for the OS RAID 5 for the mail store. We spam filter on our mail relay (in our DMZ) using spamassassin and a few other tools and use Trend Scanmail on the Exchange server to scan for viruses. Clients are all XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2002, firewall off (we have a Cisco PIX that we know better than some relatives), and our network is remarkably high performing and clean. Management is very goo...

Oulook 2007
Is there a way to turn off the Search box and "Click here to enable instant search" underneath it which appear when you are looking at emails? tools, options, other, advanced http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

transfer Oulook
I need to transfer Outlook data from 4 XP Pro machines running in a Peer to Peer LAN [not a server based domain and Exchange] to new machines running Vistas Business , after reading several articles online and testing with unreliable results I am really confused with it all. It's a cinch to export/import emails and address book data with Outlook Express but Outlook is of course a different animal, so I would appreciate a helping hand from someone knowledgeable. Is there a way as simple as the Outlook Express method ?. rgds Roberto &...

Oulook client side rule
We recently went through exchange server migration from 2000 to 2003 . This was an inter forest migration done with exchange migration wizard in default mode. I know in default mode client side rules are not migratioed as well as delegated permissions are not migrated. Is there any way we can recover these client side rules for the user? We still have the exchange 2000 server on line. We also migrated user account and comuter account from the source domain to target domain, so user has now a profile in target domain. I know client side rules are kept in .rwz file. Although I see a .rwz ...

Oulook Backup
I recently updated to Outlook 2003. I tried to install Backup 2003. I get the error message, must remove old version, answer yes to the next question. I answer yes, I get the error message uninstall via Control Panel. I don't have the old version in the control panel. How do I un-install and or install XP/2003. You checked the Add/Remove Programs applet dialogue? "limeybiker" <abbl(nospam)@att.net> wrote in message news:LGV4f.151771$qY1.151354@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I recently updated to Outlook 2003. > > I tried to install Backup 2003. &g...

Oulook Reorganisation.
A very complicated request for help. In my folder ..localsettings/application data/microsoft/outlook I have Archive, Outlook and Outlook1 folders. This was the end result of a copy across from one pc to another. It's clear that I am now using Outlook1 (recently modified) but I don't know if Outlook1 contians Outlook plus the recent messages. I want to safely combine Archive, Outlook and Outlook1 so that I can re-organise my e-mail folders. How can I do this and avoid creation of duplications but also without risking losing impoertant files. Thanks Glyn Open the pst-files by F...

Oulook Express
First I am trying to figure out how to transfer outlook express mail for my old laptop to outlook(not express) on my new laptop. I can find what the oulook express file extensions are. Thanx Peter >-----Original Message----- >First I am trying to figure out how to transfer outlook >express mail for my old laptop to outlook(not express) on >my new laptop. I can find what the oulook express file >extensions are. >Thanx >Peter > > > > > > >. >Have you tried the Import/ Export function. I just did the same, but it was Outlook Express to o...

Oulook mail
I had to unistall my outlook mail where can I download it again. I have tried Mricosoft.com that didn't help And neither does your message. Please, learn to use english and explain your problem including versions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, chely asked: | I had to unistall my outlook mail where can I download it | again. I have tried Mrico...

outlook 2003 pst to oulook 2002 pst
I am trying to import an Outlook 2003 pst file into Outlook 2002 but get an invalid file format. You would think that being only one version apart that it would be no problem. Any ideas? Outlook 2003 uses a new PST format by default. In order to use the PST in Outlook 2002, you need to create a new PST in Outlook 2003. Choose the Outlook 97-2002 compatible format. Then copy the items from the incompatible PST to the new PST. You can then use that new PST in Outlook 2002. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Pl...

Oulook XP and Default User
I have had this recent issue that I can't seem to find a fix for. I have a list of users that are assigned to a domain group and this group is assigned to various mailboxs. These users then have multiple profiles for these mailboxes. The users that had this previously setup before the upgrade from NT4 domains to AD Domains are working fine. But now that there has been the AD upgrade I can't seem to get access to the new ones that I create. The exchange server is 5.5 currently, and the mailboxes have a domain group assigned as the default user account. Anyone have a clue why this ...

Oulook crashing
Hi On one of the PCs outlook starts but then crashes and requests to send an error report. How can I fix it? I was thinking of detect and repair but I presume I can't run it until I am in outlook? Thanks Regards You might try starting it with the /CleanProfile switch. -Peter "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:u7WS9B5cGHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > On one of the PCs outlook starts but then crashes and requests to send an > error report. How can I fix it? I was thinking of detect and repair but I > presume I can'...

setting up oulook for pop3
I have never used outlook and am trying to set it up to connect through to another server. I have been set up on the other server and can receive email but I cannot send email out through outlook. I am using windowsXP and MSN9 with a DSL connection. I keep seeing something about an Outlook Connector for MSn but I don't see it and don't know where to get it. Can anyone help me, please? See if the info here helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011000051033.aspx "deborah" <deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EE528C3-1857-4D6D-B...

oulook and xp
is anybody experiencing a slight pause as their oulook xp opens. it seems like a performance issue That depends... check Tools | Options | Other. If the option to enable IM integration is checked, uncheck it and restart Outlook. -- Patrick Reed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVP [Outlook] Have you checked www.slipstick.com? ~Please list Outlook version~ "james gilligan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aa901c39d47$b8833030$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is anybody experiencing a slight pause as their oulook xp > opens. it seems like a performance issue ...

oulook 2003
sending an e-mail with an attachment does not always work. When it does not, the system hangs up, does not respond and gives this message: A fatal error has occured in outlook. The data in your envelope has been lost, but your document is still available. what's the problem? ...

oulook 20023
My outlook not responding when I click to recieve e-mail ...

oulook 2000
may be i'm an idiot but i just installed a copy of office 2000 in a windows xp mach. that used to have o97' in it. the mach is 2.53 ghz p4 512 mb 80gb hd i have a message stuck that i was trying to forward and now it tells me i can't move or delete it because it's trying to send it ...help! Take a look at this MS KB article, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q195/9/22.asp -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jon epstein" <gaffer10@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:06e801c3c6cb$db48fc00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > may be i'm a...

ACT! Contacts to Oulook
Does anyone know the best way to get my contacts from ACT! 6.0 to Outlook 2002? Thanks From my experience, the best way is to export the data from ACT, import into Access and then import from Access into Outlook. That way, you can get rid of the +1 phone number info, etc. that comes in with a straight import and clean it up to map fields correctly, etc. "Dan H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05a101c3b958$3a9f87e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... Does anyone know the best way to get my contacts from ACT! 6.0 to Outlook 2002? Thanks ...

oulook express 5
I'm loosing the complete contents of local folders of my oulook express 5. How can I retrieve these lost files? A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.win...

Apply credits through receipts and make notations.
Credits can be applied through cash receipts, however it does not capture check information. Right now you have to go back into your credit and make a notation of what check it is applied on and is very time consuming. So I would like to be able to click on a credit and see the check that had been applied to it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

oulook to outlook
I just installed office 2007 on my new computer, I want to import the settings and emails if possible from my old computer to the new one..How do I do this? As posted daily http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp "Skeezix" <skeezix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:456DA0D8-BEAF-4E2C-B5C6-BE67EE93A841@microsoft.com... >I just installed office 2007 on my new computer, I want to import the > settings and emails if possible from my old computer to the new one..How > do I &g...

Oulook 2003 & Newsgroups
How do I configure Outllok to access Newsgroups. I tried to add the News command to the toolbar under the 'Go' Category, but the News comman is not listed. I tried posting a message via Outlook Express, which is not the default email program, but it does not seem to work. Thanks Misha Outlook isn't a newsreader is uses Outlook Express for this. To get the Go-> News link back set Outlook Express as te default newsreader in Control Panel-> Internet Options-> tab Programs Also see http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm To configure OE with this newsgroup connect to...

Put notes on Oulook Today
Hello, Is there any way to put notes on the outlook today screen? If so, how can it be done? Leor ...

Oulook Notations
Hi I have an email and wonderd if there was a facility whereby I can add notations of a conversation to it? As an example I have an email that provisionally wanted to order 50 widgets, I spoke to him on the phone (as he never replies to emails) and he decided he was not going to pursue it further. I just want to record in text against his email that I have had the converstion with him on 20th May at whatever and then the details, is this possible Thanks BABYPINK wrote: > Hi > > I have an email and wonderd if there was a facility whereby I can add > not...