Organizing mail folders in Outlook - 27105

Does anyone know how to organize +100 mail folders in Outlook? It is very
difficult to scroll and read these +100 mail folders. Color-coded these
folders would be my first choice but Outlook doesn't offer this function. Is
there another add on software to Outlook to make things more easier to
organize these folders and to work with? Please advise. Thanks very much.

> Does anyone know how to organize +100 mail folders in Outlook? It is very
> difficult to scroll and read these +100 mail folders. Color-coded these
> folders would be my first choice but Outlook doesn't offer this function. Is
> there another add on software to Outlook to make things more easier to
> organize these folders and to work with? Please advise. Thanks very much.

No need to post more than once.  Read the response you've received already.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Changing the location of MY MUSIC folder
Because of a problem with my C drive, I need to change the default drive of Windows Media Player - which is C. How do I do that so I can move my music to the new drive - or at least force WMP to look for the music in my new drive. -- Claudia What version of Windows are you running? If it's Windows XP, you can use Tweak UI to change the location of the Music folder. This tool can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx Launch Tweak UI and navigate to My Computer - Special Folders. Select My Music and click Change Location...

Mail merge 02-16-05
Hi all, One of our clients is asking whether it is possible to use fields out of an oppertunity to insert into a mail merge, or in other words create a mail merge from an opertunity. Is this possible to add/modify into the CRM? any help appreciated Regards, Nathan Hello Nathan, With our new Version of WordMailMerge for MS CRM 1.2 you can make mailmerges with opportuinities. some other features are: -) you can select mailmerge-data directly out of Word( no need to select account,contact,.. in Outlook SFO) -) you can select the CRM-Columns you want to merge. -) you can select Custom-...

outlook address book #19
i used to operate w/ outlook express on WIN ME, now converted to outlook on WIN XP. I saved my addressbook apparently as an EXCEL file and I tried to import the same in OUTLOOK and i rec'vd an error message that the program file was already in use, when it was not. How do I import an address book from OUTLOOK EXPRESS off a floppy into OUTLOOK? We would need more accurate information. You saved what address book, how and in what format? What steps are you using to import this "address book?" -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "nancy korman" <anonymous@discussion...

Show external organizations within an organizations
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to show external organizations like courier services (who perform daily delivery services and are part and parcel of daily processes in an organization) in an organizational chart? Thanks for your support. Regards. -- akk ...

Bogus E-mails
How do STOP the bogus update E-mail messages that is supposed to be from Microsoft? These E-mail contain what appears to be the official Microsoft internet page. How can I put a stop from then short of using a SPAM KILLER program? ...

cannot get mail
all of a sudden i can't get mail, 6 days now. i have read questions and answers. please help Account: 'mail', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is account corruption. One thing you...

Outlook 2003 Macro dialogs
I've got a new Dell laptop with Office 2003 installed. When first configured I could open the three items in the Macro drop down menu selections (Macro, Security and VB Editor) Now, none of them work, not even erroring, and installed custom macros don't work anymore. Has anyone seen this before? ...

Mail Merge #16
While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. AVDONDE Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from GC Publisher <GC Publisher@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I > selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got > an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. a) Try updating your MDAC...

Uninstalling Outlook express #2
How do you uninstall outlook express if it isn't listed on your control panel/add/remove programs list? Depends on the operating system you are running. But either way it's not recommended practise. For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related Ne...

double mail #2
Help! When I receive my mail I always get two copies of each message. What can I do get get just one message and not two? I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Comcast News Groups wrote: > Help! > When I receive my mail I always get two copies of each message. > What can I do get get just one message and not two? I'm using > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Do you happen to have two connections set up to access the same mailbox? -- f.h. Can be caused by AV scanning software intergrated with OL "Comcast News Groups" <prussiaguy@comcast.net> w...

Reinstallation of Windows XP and Outlook
I had to reinstall XP on my computer, and it wiped out everything in Outlook 2002, including my inbox, outbox, contacts, etc... Is there a way that this can be recovered, or did XP just delete it all? I've reinstalled earlier versions of windows in the past, and never lost any email settings or messages (inbox or outbox). Fixed it...Windows XP had created a second profile with the same name. At first, it did not show up, but later, after rebooting the computer, it showed two profiles. When I clicked on the first one, everything that had been missing showed up. Bruce >-----Or...

Auto-detect e-mail
What can i remove entries in auto-detect recipient with Outlook XP. Regards. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "igonzas@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20f5801c45aa0$f73bb8d0$a601280...

Public Calendar, Meeting Owner/Organizer
I have searched and searched for an answer to this question, and hopefully even if the answer is "no" somebody will answer. My question is, is there any way to see who created or is the owner of a particular meeting in a Public Folder/Shared Calendar? Thank you. if you change the view on the calendar to "by category", and make sure the "from" field is there, you should be able to tell who made an entry... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Christine Lisi" <ChristineLisi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DA4B3D5-ED9D-4715-BC3E-0620B...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

Mail filtering bottlenecks
WE have a dmz mail filtering server, and are using exch 5.5 as our mail server software. Recently it has taken up to 10 mins for an internal e mail to reach it's recipient. What if, the dmz was processing messages slower than 5.5 was sending them, is it possible that a queue is forming somewhere on the 5.5 box, and internal messages are being trapped in it, while the dmz server catches up? Thus delaying the sending / recieving of internal messages. If not this reason, are there any other issues which may cause delay? Internal mail should not go to DMZ (unless you have some weird setu...

Problems with files attaches in windows mail
Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista Home Premium. Please help. Thank you You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org installed. "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A8CD0F1-8858-41C4-85F5-2985B4F29571@microsoft.com... > Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista > Home > Premium. Please help. > Thank you I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002 "Charles W Davis" wrote: > You must have either Microsof...

Outlook 2003 will not close
Have done something but not sure what and now Outlook will not close. In the Task Manager it is found that Word and Outlook are still running. To get Outlook to run again both processes have to be stopped. Outlook has been taken off the machine and put back again with no change. Any help useful. Thanks. May have found the culprit. Noted that WinFaxPro had put a link into Outlook about sending faxes by email. Removed WinFaxPro - it would not work anyway - and Outlook now shuts down OK. Also removed something called Bulls Eye Network which had installed itself on the computer. Had to ...

organizer
What hand held or pocket organizer syncs most easily with Outlook 2000 Thanks I think it really depends on the software you're using for the sync. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/olpda.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:F6BF3A5E-AD09-420B-8081-C9B26AB4C17D@microsoft.com, scorpiotwins wrote: > What hand held or pocket organizer syncs most easily with Outlook > 2000? Thanks ...

new email via TOOLS-"Check for new mail"
I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arrive every 20-30min automatically. Can I reset the time intervals that OUTLOOK checks for new mail? The only way I can receive emails which have just been sent is by going into TOOLS then clicking on "Check for new mail". The setting should be in Tools | Options, on the Mail Delivery tab. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:b9d901c3ec5a$3d0315d0$a601280a@phx.gbl, Sigi wrote: > I use OUTLOOK 97. Emails arri...

Deleted mail
When I delete mail in WLM they go to a folder in my libraries folder. Folder is named Widows Live Mail E-Mail Message. How can I limit how much goes in there? Number of e-mails. I would just like to delete the folder but can't. Thank you. Pete. Is this Windows Live Mail or Windows Live Hotmail? I'm not familiar with a folder by that name. Is this a folder you created? Do you have a message rule moving mail there? If so, turn that off. "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4B6CAF8-5537-4A6A-A13E-04F8C4AB1544@microsoft.com....

Possible to have a shared and private outlook?
In an office environment, is it possible for co-workers to use a shared version of outlook with commonly updatable calendar entries and still have their own individual calendars? Bill wrote: > In an office environment, is it possible for co-workers to use a > shared version of outlook with commonly updatable calendar entries and > still have their own individual calendars? Yes, but you'll really need Exchange server for that. Look at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/default.mspx. ...

0x800CCC97 receiving mail
This morning I started getting persistent errors from Outlook 2002: Task '[my email account] - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC97) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC97' It's been happening for about 7 hours. I actually do get mail OK, but the error message keeps popping up. My ISP has no suggestions, but other users accessing the same mail server with Outlook are not reporting problems. I didn't change anything I know of except three windows 2000 Security updates just went on (817606, 822679, 823559). This is Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.4712.4219) SP-2, and the ...

forms in public folders
I have created a form in a public folder which when opened from New shows all the fields. However when I go to edit the form in the public folder the fields don't show unless I select Edit/Revise content. Anyone have any ideas on how it can be opened in the same view as New or Revise Content? ...

Outlook attachments #28
I am having issues when a user tried to open and Document like word or excel. When they double click on the icon a box appears and says "The Operation Failed". I have check the users account and he is well within the limits. Any comments ? ...

Menu problem after installing Outlook Client
We are using CRM 3.0 and after installing CRM Desktop Client for Outlook the users with System Administrator rights cannot access settings and customization pages. The link (settings) at the left menu has been disappeared and the link from Goto (--Settings) does not respond. If we uninstall the Outlook Client everything works fine! Can you help? Note: We have installed SP2 for Office and the IE settings have their default values... Anthi, This is a known issue. When you have the outlook client open, you will not see the settings menu option in the webclient. Also the service calend...