opening links in outlook

why i can not open links attached to my e-mails

--
Stellar Information Systems Ltd.
D18, Sector-33, Infocity Phase II, Gurgaon-122001

0
nancy0123
3/9/2010 9:04:23 AM
What happens when you try?
Do you get the error;
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer"
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why i can not open links attached to my e-mails

0
Roady

Outlook 2000 crashes computer
My operating system is 98. I just installed software for SBC Yahoo DSL After the installation, Outlook 2000 crashes my computer when I attempt to send an e-mail with an attachment. It works fine if there is not an attachment. >-----Original Message----- >My operating system is 98. I just installed software for >SBC Yahoo DSL After the installation, Outlook 2000 crashes >my computer when I attempt to send an e-mail with an >attachment. It works fine if there is not an attachment. >. > Dan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My operating system...

symbolic link not working via share ?
I have a shared folder on a win2008 server, which has several folders and files which are read for domain users, and also a symbolic link to another folder on the same drive which has again read permission for domain users. However when I access the share and navigate down to the symbolic link and click on that folder I get various error messages. On a server 2003 and an xp machine I get "\\server2008\folder\link is not accessible......cannot find message number 0x in the message file for \\server2008\folder\link". I guess this is because xp/2003 does not understand s...

How can I apply the same text box properties to a linked set
I have a book which was imported into publisher from word. First let me compliment the design team on the capabilities of the import for both text and styles. I'm happy with what I have--mostly. Now for the problems. Once I got the appropriate fonts installed (the original came from a different machine) and then re-imported styles from the original document to refresh the fonts, the new publication started to look a lot like the original. However the text boxes came in at a different size than the original. I laid out the new publication with my desired page setup - 1/2 letter book...

Outlook will not connect
I have just purchased a new HP computer with Vista and also Office 2007. I cannot get Outlook to work. Upon clicking on the icon I get a blue page with the message “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.” Then a popup asking for server and mailbox info. I have filled this in and pressed ok. I get a message- “Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.ost is not a offline folder file.” I can get no help online or anywhere else. Can you help? Many thanks, Jo...

Hyperlinks and outlook
Everytime I press a hyperlink, outlook express starts, but I want outlook 2000 to start instead, how do I change that? I already changed it on the control panel + internet options, and have it pointing to outlook 2000 but still launches outlook express. Any ideas? See if the tip in the first highlighted section of the following article works for you: http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:8S5Ab.14154$...

Application_Startup doesn't seem to work
I have the following code in Class1 code Option Explicit Public WithEvents objReminders As Outlook.Reminders Sub Initialize_handler() Set objReminders = Application.Reminders MsgBox "Reminder handler initialized" End Sub Private Sub objReminders_ReminderFire(ByVal ReminderObject As Reminder) With ReminderObject ' irelevant code removed .Item.Display MsgBox .Caption .Dismiss End With End Sub And this in Module1 code Option Explicit Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim MyClass As New Class1 MyCl...

Linked Server Hanging
Hi, I'm having a problem with an Oracle linked server that I'm attempting to connect to from SQL Server 2008 (64-bit Windows 2008). When attempting to use the linked server or even right-click it in SSMS and select 'Test Connection', SQL Server hangs completely and it requires a restart of the physical server that SQL Server is hosted on to bring it back. Some strange things though: A linked server to the same Oracle database with the same connection details and attributes works correctly through a Java application interface (using JDBC). A linked server to the...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

Publisher 2000

Outlook Calander #3
Does anybody know if there is a way to have Outlooks calendar display the month with "full squares" for Sat and Sun just like other days of the week in the month display mode. I have a lot going on the weekends. Having Sat/Sun as one "square" makes it difficult to read. I cannot see any way to do this from the buttons menu. I am using Office Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance right click on the calendar and choose other settings - untick the compress weekend days option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNo...

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Problem trying to open old money file

linking data #2
I need to fill a table on one sheet with data from another sheet. The data is the sum of totals from a range of sub-tables. What I require is a function that will sequentially fill a colum on one sheet by gathering every 15th value from the data column on another sheet. Thanks This will pick up A1, A16, A31, A46, ... =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,(ROW()-1)*15+1) Dragged down. But this would seem pretty dangerous to me. If you insert/delete rows, won't everything go south pretty fast? Since you're working with subtotals, maybe using data|pivottable would be better. If you want to read mor...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Update Link Tables from Excel
I recently got an update from Office 97 to Office 2003. We're just slightly behind the times. Anyway, I had an access database in 97 that would link to an Excel file that I would use to add data to the Excel file based upon information in a master table in Access. Now when I try to run the query in Access 2003, it gives me an error that it is not an updateable query. I suppose I could export the master data to an Excel spreadsheet and use a VLookup function, copy and paste to all the records that need to be updated and the copy and paste values, but I originally did...