OL 2003 registry or installn problem

Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed
due to a registry or installation problem.
also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
getting error message
tried restart

in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried
restoring form office settings and failed

tried repair and no better result

what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account

thx of any help

OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
GS

Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates before
trying to start Outlook?
Also, try recreating your mail profile.
See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
> email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation
> failed
> due to a registry or installation problem.
> also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
> getting error message
> tried restart
>
> in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles.
> tried
> restoring form office settings and failed
>

> tried repair and no better result
>
> what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
> the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
>
> thx of any help
>
> OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
Roady
3/18/2010 6:33:31 AM
thx for help

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> >
Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates before
> trying to start Outlook?
yes
> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
  there was an error accessing your system registry

apparently there is still a problem with ofc 2003 installation despite
successful repair:
 start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
limited user and it a few flashes on screen and takes half a minute before
word window shows up

is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?

0
GS
3/18/2010 7:32:14 AM
> however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
>  there was an error accessing your system registry
At what exact point do you get this error message?

> start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
> limited user
Why are you using a "limited user" and not a "normal user"? Settings for a
limited or guest user a discarded when the user logs off.

> is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?
Yes.

At this point, make sure your user account is marked as a normal user.
Uninstall Office 2003 completely, reboot your computer, install Office 2003,
install all updates and then start Word with elevated permissions. You can
do the last by right clicking on the Word shortcut and then choosing "Run as
administrator". Once Word has started, close Word and start it normally. If
it does, try recreating your mail profile as well and then starting Outlook.

--

> thx for help
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> >
> Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
>> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates
>> before
>> trying to start Outlook?
> yes
>> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
>> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
>>

> however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
>  there was an error accessing your system registry
>
> apparently there is still a problem with ofc 2003 installation despite
> successful repair:
> start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
> limited user and it a few flashes on screen and takes half a minute before
> word window shows up
>
> is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?

0
Roady
3/18/2010 9:03:38 AM
> Why are you using a "limited user" and not a "normal user"? Settings for a
> limited or guest user a discarded when the user logs off.
actually it is just a user , not power user.
I thought settings gets reset only for guest group members

anyways, I uninstalled hotmail connnector and ofc and rebooted w7, since
test for outlook account setup failed even for administrator from mail
applet
ofc 2007 compatiability was uninstalled also

However after reboot, three are still files in c:\program files\microsoft
office\office11
 as well as 12 . there are a lot more than subfolder named 1033

the program and feature applet shows no trace of ofc

I am tempted to delete the office11 and 12 folders. should I?

> > is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?
> Yes.
>
> At this point, make sure your user account is marked as a normal user.
> Uninstall Office 2003 completely, reboot your computer, install Office
2003,
> install all updates and then start Word with elevated permissions. You can
> do the last by right clicking on the Word shortcut and then choosing "Run
as
> administrator". Once Word has started, close Word and start it normally.
If
> it does, try recreating your mail profile as well and then starting
Outlook.

> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> > thx for help
> >

> > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> >
> > Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
> >> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates
> >> before
> >> trying to start Outlook?
> > yes
> >> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
> >> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
> >>

> > however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
> >  there was an error accessing your system registry
> >
> > apparently there is still a problem with ofc 2003 installation despite
> > successful repair:
> > start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
> > limited user and it a few flashes on screen and takes half a minute
before
> > word window shows up
> >
> > is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?

0
GS
3/18/2010 9:59:44 AM
Are you sure it is Outlook 2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this issue if used in
Vista  or Win 7

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm

--
Peter

"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
> email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed
> due to a registry or installation problem.
> also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
> getting error message
> tried restart
>
> in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried
> restoring form office settings and failed
>

> tried repair and no better result
>
> what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
> the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
>
> thx of any help
>
> OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
Peter

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01CAC68D.F903BAA0

positively OL 2003 as from of  SMB ofc 2k3 but there was installation =
error or corruption .
also there was no such thing as office10 folder in the ~program =
files\Microsoft office

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> Are you sure it is Outlook 2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this =
issue if used in=20
> Vista  or Win 7
>=20
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm
>=20
> --=20
> Peter
>=20
>=20
> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message=20
> > Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password =
for
> > email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got =
operation failed
> > due to a registry or installation problem.
> > also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder =
w/o
> > getting error message
> > tried restart
> >
> > in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the =
profiles. tried
> > restoring form office settings and failed
> >

> > tried repair and no better result
> >
> > what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still =
keep
> > the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
> >
> > thx of any help
> >
> > OS w7 ultimate w latest update
> >
> >=20

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01CAC68D.F903BAA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>positively OL 2003&nbsp;as&nbsp;from =
of&nbsp; SMB=20
ofc 2k3&nbsp;but there was installation error or corruption =
..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>also there was no such thing as =
office10 folder in=20
the ~program files\Microsoft office</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Peter Foldes" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:okf22@hotmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>okf22@hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in message=20
</FONT><A href=3D"news:ORoOodpxKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:ORoOodpxKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Are you sure =
it is Outlook=20
2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this issue if used in <BR>&gt; =
Vista&nbsp;=20
or Win 7<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm</FONT></A><BR><FONT =

face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Peter<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Please Reply=20
to Newsgroup for the benefit of others<BR>&gt; Requests for assistance =
by email=20
can not and will not be acknowledged.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "GS" =
&lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message <BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:OqFAi$lxKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:OqFAi$lxKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt; Outlook&nbsp; 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) =
opens and=20
forgets password for<BR>&gt; &gt; email accounts. Tried to open =
tools-email=20
account and I got operation failed<BR>&gt; &gt; due to a registry or=20
installation problem.<BR>&gt; &gt; also can' view Outlook store =
location, can't=20
open property of folder w/o<BR>&gt; &gt; getting error message<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
tried restart<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; in control panel-mail, can't see =
any=20
account for any of the profiles. tried<BR>&gt; &gt; restoring form =
office=20
settings and failed<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; tried repair =
and no=20
better result<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; what else can I do other than =
total=20
uninstall / re-install and still keep<BR>&gt; &gt; the app't, tasks,=20
reminders&nbsp; for the main email account<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; thx =
of any=20
help<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; OS w7 ultimate w latest update<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01CAC68D.F903BAA0--

0
GS
3/18/2010 5:27:16 PM
thank you Roady!

got rid of the registry/install problem after complete removal of ofc 2k7,
compatibility. ofc, OL connector, and registry hack to restore
 "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account
Manager\Accounts"
 to no account condition,
rebooted and reinstall ofc 2k3, reboot, tested word, ok, apply sp3,
rebooted,
login as the usual user, test word, ok, tried mail applet  to add profile-
no problem
In mail applet, viewing/adding mail account was ok

So all I have to next are changing pst to the real one, setting up SP3
account and then safe setting,, reboot, install OL connector, and add
hotmail accounts

message news:eYw80TmxKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates before
> trying to start Outlook?
> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
> > email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation
> > failed
> > due to a registry or installation problem.
> > also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
> > getting error message
> > tried restart
> >
> > in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles.
> > tried
> > restoring form office settings and failed
> >

> > tried repair and no better result
> >
> > what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still
keep
> > the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
> >
> > thx of any help
> >
> > OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
GS

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Can visio 2003 open zip files?
I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These collections all come as .zip files. Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? -- Stefan Lasiewski http://stefanco.com unfortunately not, al "Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com... > I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These > collections all come as .zip files. > > Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? > > -- > Stefan Lasiewski...

Outlook 2003 #95
Outlook 2003 form required cannot be displayed ...

Importing text problems
Hello, I am trying to import a list into Excel, and having trouble getting past the import wizard. The data seems to be separated by various symbols, and I cannot seem to separate my data so it imports to a useable form. Wondering if I could send a sample of this data (text file) to someone proficient in Excel to try and import? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. If the number of delimiters is limited (pretty small???), then maybe just open the text file in your favorite editor and do some Edit|Replaces to make all the delimiters the same. It might be easier to just...

2003 duplicating Junk Email
I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same time(one in main office and one remote office) When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed as well. Exchange version is 2K Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Dave And what if you disable the Junk ...

Outlook 2003 multiple launch!
Installed Office 2K3 Pro on XP Pro SP1. Both are clean installs. When I start Outlook 2003, it starts up two instances. How can this be fixed? Sort of reminds me of Visio XP that would restart itself when I shut it down.... TIA Perry ...

Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008
I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read. (Changing to Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money). Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and eventually crashes the program. The window says "Converting file..." with a progress bar that never even begins to fill. If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes: Problem details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Appl...

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

Microsoft Office 2003
Hi I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista. For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the following message: "the expected version of your product was not found". Any idea what might be wrong? Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused. Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

Outlook 2003 Improvements?
For anyone reading who has tried Outlook 2003 yet, any comments on it? Much improved? I read in an article something to the effect that, although for the most part there are not many improvements in the Microsoft Office 2003 applications that would make much difference to most users, not much different from the last version, there are more improvements in Outlook than the other applications. Have people who tried it found that to be the case? Any further explanation of what you like better? I don't have many complaints with Outlook 2002, except for problems with e-mail. I started using ...

Hosting multiple domains in Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard.
Hello! I have MS Exchange 2003 Standard with Service Pack 2. I would like to host several domains without having to configuring other domain controllers. But i cant make them work. Does any one knows how to do this? Thanks Alejandro On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:04:02 -0700, Alejandro <Alejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello! >I have MS Exchange 2003 Standard with Service Pack 2. >I would like to host several domains without having to configuring other >domain controllers. But i cant make them work. >Does any one knows how to do this? > >Thanks > >Al...

XCH-2003 ESM Public Folder Administration
I have just inherited an XCH2003 (migrated from 5.5) server with public folder management issue: 1) When using the ESM (either on the server or installed in another location) You cannot view the existing list of folders under <Admin groups | Location | Folders | Public Folders> When right clicking and choosing view system folders a fatal error "The handle specified is invalid ID no: 80090301 Exchange System Manager" occurs preventing the view. 2) Same situation different location <Admin groups | Location | Servers | Server Name | 1st Storage Group | Public Folder Store | Pu...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

problem with chevron menu
dear all. I am having a toolbar, that has some chevrons attached to one button. Now I would like to add some functions to each of the chevrons, but I don't know how. Here comes the code, that I have implemented so far (in MainFrm): BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMainFrame, CMDIFrameWnd) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CMainFrame) // NOTE - the ClassWizard will add and remove mapping macros here. // DO NOT EDIT what you see in these blocks of generated code ! ON_WM_CREATE() ON_COMMAND(IDB_NN,OnButtoncheck) //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() //... int CMainFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) {...

Internet updates not working (Money 2003)
Hi: When I try to do an internet update to update my stock prices Money '03 hangs on the "Call Progress" window and I get a "Not Responding" message if I try to click anywhere in the program. There does not appear to be any internet communication initiated by the program even before it freezes so the problem is not some bad ticker symbol. I discovered if I turn the Messenger service off and back on I could sometimes get Money to make the connection and download my stock quotes successfully. I do have Zonealarm Pro firewall but I shut it off before I attempt t...

how to make a leaflet on microsoft publisher 2003
im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but i have no clue on how to, any respponses would be appreciated. Open Publisher, New, Click Publications for Print, scroll down to Flyers. This will give you a guide on how a leaflet is setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dmpm" <dmpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C563C481-49B6-409D-B98E-E84477BD5609@microsoft.com... > im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but > i ...

Outlook 2003 #10
Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to purchase the new office ap? John Unless you purchased "software assurance" with Office XP, Office 2003 is not a free upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > >John >. > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:16:25 -0700, Wm. B. Yeats <WBYeats@Ireland.com> wrote: >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > If you purchased Microsoft Office XP aft...

Exchange 2003 & MS CRM Network traffic
Hello We have a Windows 2003 AD infrastructure with Exchange 2003sp2 running on a dediated server. We have Microsoft CRM 3.0 on its own dedicated server. We have an issue with a couple of Vista Business client, with Outlook 2007, and CRM installed. When outlook is openned (and CRM client starts) - all is fine until user gets an email. Once an email is received, outlook.exe consumes c. 30% CPU and then opens a connection to the exchange server at a constant 3Mb/s. This continues till Outlook is closed and then comes back as soon as Outlook is restarted and a new email is received. There a...

Access 2003 Running Sum Question
I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!! Material In 4/4/10 250 ft Running Sum Mat'l. In 250 ft ...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

Problem with Downloaded statements in Money 2006 identified
Based on the traffic in this group, many of you are struggling with the issue of downloaded statements since upgrading to Money 2006. I have had this problem since upgrading from 2005 to 2006 in October. I had tried every solution identified from both Microsoft and others that were lucky enough to get things to work, but was not able to get anywhere. After a significant investment in time, I was finally able to isolate the issue to downloaded statements that have a specific character in them. In my case, these are always part of a credit voucher where the dowloaded file has a <br> in...

OL 2003
win Xp-Office 2003-OL2003. Its been a disaster...the worst ever product I bought. THe OL hangs (not responding). tried to follow all solutions-changed profile, options-other-name corrected, installed- reinstalled, nothing helps. the OL jsut stops responding after opening and the needs to be shut down (with the icon in the tray showing the message of ol server....which O don't use). Any help will be appreciated. Have you also tried this one: You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlo...

Upgrading OL 2K SP 3 to OL 2K3
Per subject, I am concerned about what will happen concerning the handling of attachments. In my current version (OL 2K SP 3) Outlook disables the activation of all suspect attatchments. There is NO configuration to change this in this scenario. I know that later versions of OL allowed for an attachment config. Will I be able to do an "upgrade", or will I be forced to remove OL 2K and reinstall OL 2K3 to get this ability? Thanks! -Frank Outlook 2000 (SP3) allows you to customize which attachments you want to see by modifying the registry. Perhaps http://www.slipstick.com/ou...

Xml validation exception only occurs outside debugger
Hi, I am experiencing a strange problem. I am reading and writing xml files via XmlDocument and XmlTextWriter. In the debugger everything works fine but outside the debugger (debug or release) I receive the following error: "The type initializer for "System.Xml.Schema.Validator" threw an exception." I wrote a small console app that contains the problem -- I've just attached the default class which gets run. Output outside the debugger is as follows ------------------ Creating xml file Reading xml file Error reading xml file The type initializer for "Syst...

Outlook 2003 and wrong encoding setting of the incoming mail
Hi, Some people can have wrong regional settings or wrong settings for the outgoing mail. In Outlook Express I had the opportunity to manually select the encoding of the incoming mails. Using this option I was able to read the incoming message even if the original encoding setting was wrong. In outlook 2003 there is no such a feature. I can set the default encoding for the outgoing mail. For the received messages I cannot do anything. Is there a way to overcome this? Thanks a lot. S�mer Yamaner MD ...