OL 2003 registry or installn problem

Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed
due to a registry or installation problem.
also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
getting error message
tried restart

in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried
restoring form office settings and failed

tried repair and no better result

what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account

thx of any help

OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
GS

Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates before
trying to start Outlook?
Also, try recreating your mail profile.
See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
> email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation
> failed
> due to a registry or installation problem.
> also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
> getting error message
> tried restart
>
> in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles.
> tried
> restoring form office settings and failed
>

> tried repair and no better result
>
> what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
> the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
>
> thx of any help
>
> OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
Roady
3/18/2010 6:33:31 AM
thx for help

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> >
Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates before
> trying to start Outlook?
yes
> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
  there was an error accessing your system registry

apparently there is still a problem with ofc 2003 installation despite
successful repair:
 start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
limited user and it a few flashes on screen and takes half a minute before
word window shows up

is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?

0
GS
3/18/2010 7:32:14 AM
> however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
>  there was an error accessing your system registry
At what exact point do you get this error message?

> start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
> limited user
Why are you using a "limited user" and not a "normal user"? Settings for a
limited or guest user a discarded when the user logs off.

> is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?
Yes.

At this point, make sure your user account is marked as a normal user.
Uninstall Office 2003 completely, reboot your computer, install Office 2003,
install all updates and then start Word with elevated permissions. You can
do the last by right clicking on the Word shortcut and then choosing "Run as
administrator". Once Word has started, close Word and start it normally. If
it does, try recreating your mail profile as well and then starting Outlook.

--

> thx for help
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> >
> Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
>> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates
>> before
>> trying to start Outlook?
> yes
>> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
>> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
>>

> however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
>  there was an error accessing your system registry
>
> apparently there is still a problem with ofc 2003 installation despite
> successful repair:
> start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
> limited user and it a few flashes on screen and takes half a minute before
> word window shows up
>
> is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?

0
Roady
3/18/2010 9:03:38 AM
> Why are you using a "limited user" and not a "normal user"? Settings for a
> limited or guest user a discarded when the user logs off.
actually it is just a user , not power user.
I thought settings gets reset only for guest group members

anyways, I uninstalled hotmail connnector and ofc and rebooted w7, since
test for outlook account setup failed even for administrator from mail
applet
ofc 2007 compatiability was uninstalled also

However after reboot, three are still files in c:\program files\microsoft
office\office11
 as well as 12 . there are a lot more than subfolder named 1033

the program and feature applet shows no trace of ofc

I am tempted to delete the office11 and 12 folders. should I?

> > is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?
> Yes.
>
> At this point, make sure your user account is marked as a normal user.
> Uninstall Office 2003 completely, reboot your computer, install Office
2003,
> install all updates and then start Word with elevated permissions. You can
> do the last by right clicking on the Word shortcut and then choosing "Run
as
> administrator". Once Word has started, close Word and start it normally.
If
> it does, try recreating your mail profile as well and then starting
Outlook.

> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> > thx for help
> >

> > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> >
> > Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
> >> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates
> >> before
> >> trying to start Outlook?
> > yes
> >> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
> >> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
> >>

> > however, I can't add new profile. It gave me the message
> >  there was an error accessing your system registry
> >
> > apparently there is still a problem with ofc 2003 installation despite
> > successful repair:
> > start installing  message flashed by every time I bring up word as a
> > limited user and it a few flashes on screen and takes half a minute
before
> > word window shows up
> >
> > is live mail connector 12.x the right version for w7 and OL 2003?

0
GS
3/18/2010 9:59:44 AM
Are you sure it is Outlook 2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this issue if used in
Vista  or Win 7

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm

--
Peter

"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
> email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed
> due to a registry or installation problem.
> also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
> getting error message
> tried restart
>
> in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried
> restoring form office settings and failed
>

> tried repair and no better result
>
> what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep
> the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
>
> thx of any help
>
> OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
Peter

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01CAC68D.F903BAA0

positively OL 2003 as from of  SMB ofc 2k3 but there was installation =
error or corruption .
also there was no such thing as office10 folder in the ~program =
files\Microsoft office

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
> Are you sure it is Outlook 2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this =
issue if used in=20
> Vista  or Win 7
>=20
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm
>=20
> --=20
> Peter
>=20
>=20
> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message=20
> > Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password =
for
> > email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got =
operation failed
> > due to a registry or installation problem.
> > also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder =
w/o
> > getting error message
> > tried restart
> >
> > in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the =
profiles. tried
> > restoring form office settings and failed
> >

> > tried repair and no better result
> >
> > what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still =
keep
> > the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
> >
> > thx of any help
> >
> > OS w7 ultimate w latest update
> >
> >=20

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01CAC68D.F903BAA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>positively OL 2003&nbsp;as&nbsp;from =
of&nbsp; SMB=20
ofc 2k3&nbsp;but there was installation error or corruption =
..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>also there was no such thing as =
office10 folder in=20
the ~program files\Microsoft office</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Peter Foldes" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:okf22@hotmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>okf22@hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in message=20
</FONT><A href=3D"news:ORoOodpxKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:ORoOodpxKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Are you sure =
it is Outlook=20
2003 and not Outlook 2002 which has this issue if used in <BR>&gt; =
Vista&nbsp;=20
or Win 7<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm</FONT></A><BR><FONT =

face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Peter<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Please Reply=20
to Newsgroup for the benefit of others<BR>&gt; Requests for assistance =
by email=20
can not and will not be acknowledged.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "GS" =
&lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message <BR>&gt; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:OqFAi$lxKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:OqFAi$lxKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt; Outlook&nbsp; 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) =
opens and=20
forgets password for<BR>&gt; &gt; email accounts. Tried to open =
tools-email=20
account and I got operation failed<BR>&gt; &gt; due to a registry or=20
installation problem.<BR>&gt; &gt; also can' view Outlook store =
location, can't=20
open property of folder w/o<BR>&gt; &gt; getting error message<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
tried restart<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; in control panel-mail, can't see =
any=20
account for any of the profiles. tried<BR>&gt; &gt; restoring form =
office=20
settings and failed<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; tried repair =
and no=20
better result<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; what else can I do other than =
total=20
uninstall / re-install and still keep<BR>&gt; &gt; the app't, tasks,=20
reminders&nbsp; for the main email account<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; thx =
of any=20
help<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; OS w7 ultimate w latest update<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01CAC68D.F903BAA0--

0
GS
3/18/2010 5:27:16 PM
thank you Roady!

got rid of the registry/install problem after complete removal of ofc 2k7,
compatibility. ofc, OL connector, and registry hack to restore
 "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account
Manager\Accounts"
 to no account condition,
rebooted and reinstall ofc 2k3, reboot, tested word, ok, apply sp3,
rebooted,
login as the usual user, test word, ok, tried mail applet  to add profile-
no problem
In mail applet, viewing/adding mail account was ok

So all I have to next are changing pst to the real one, setting up SP3
account and then safe setting,, reboot, install OL connector, and add
hotmail accounts

message news:eYw80TmxKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Reinstalling won't help with configuration issues.
> Did you apply Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 and additional updates before
> trying to start Outlook?
> Also, try recreating your mail profile.
> See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Outlook  2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for
> > email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation
> > failed
> > due to a registry or installation problem.
> > also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o
> > getting error message
> > tried restart
> >
> > in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles.
> > tried
> > restoring form office settings and failed
> >

> > tried repair and no better result
> >
> > what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still
keep
> > the app't, tasks, reminders  for the main email account
> >
> > thx of any help
> >
> > OS w7 ultimate w latest update

0
GS

Exchange 2003 Activesync only when Email Open
Hope this goes well, I am a virgin placing a new topic in. Sorry if I have done something wrong.... Front end - back end exchange 2003 SP2 setup. front end on a dmz, firewall open for all ports and working correctly with Owa\oma All configured on one virtual directory and default website. SSL and certificate all working correctly on Front End. Smartphone and imate used for testing and works. Windows Mobile 5.0 with latest active sync My Problem is Trying to configure Activesync so that exchange pushes email correctly to mobile device. This will only work if microsoft outlook is open on the ...

Access OL from 2 computers?
I suppose I can just access my OL email from another computer in the LAN when I just logon to the network with my username and pw. But what if my computer is on at the same time and OL is open? Is it safe to still do that or should my own computer be turned off first? (:-o) Are you accessing an Exchange Server mailbox or a simple PST file? Mailboxes are shareable while PSTs can't be opened by more than one machine at a time. "R." wrote: > I suppose I can just access my OL email from another computer in the LAN > when I just logon to the network with my username and pw...

Problem accessing outlook
Whenever I try to log onto outlook an error message comes up saying "outlook express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". Any ideas or suggestions what I should do? Thanks! Melanie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Whenever I try to log onto outlook an error message comes > up saying "outlook express could not be started because > MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, When using the Send To: Mail Recipient (as Attachment) in any of the office applications, or indeed any other application which uses this option (Adobe acrobat reader email option, etc) I am unable to go back into my inbox or access any other outlook item without either closing the email, or sending it. This happens on every system I've tried...from Win2K sp4 to XP SP2 running office 2003 (updated to the latest using officeupdate). to recreate: 1) have outlook open 2) open word and type a couple of words 3) go File: Send to: Mail Recipient (as Attachment) 4) wait for the new ...

2003 s/s and css
Hello. I use 2003 at work and have many pages in 3 work books. Can a blank page be set up like a REL LINK on a css page to change 1 page and have all pages in a book change. Just for the basic layout not any formulas. -- Thank you, ohtml. You mean you have many worksheets in 3 workbooks? Have you looked in Help on "grouped sheets"? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:41:01 -0800, ohtml <ohtml@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello. I use 2003 at work and have many pages in 3 work books. Can a blank >page be set up like a REL LINK o...

Exchane 2003 & VPN access
Hi All I have an Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 server. When I connect to it via a VPN connection, through RRAS on the same server, I have connection difficulties in Outlook on the remote laptop and cannot get outlook to connect to the server to synchronise. If however I open ports on our firewall to allow the IP of the laptops address through, all seems well. My question is what additional setup is required to allow the laptop to use the VPN connection to synchronise outlook and not rely on the laptops IP. I have the RRAS server issuing a public IP on connection to the VPN ? Any help would b...

2003 News Reader gone!
I installed 2003 - noticed that IE News Reader no longer functioned - suspected 2003 Outlook and found the answer in Outlook Help. Set up News per Help and everything worked great. Rebooted computer and all reference to News as disapeared from Menu, the link I added to the Standard Toolbar, and the Try This >To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel, |> Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If > OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch > it, click the "Don't ask me a...

Fax solution with Exchange 2003
Similar to th email fuctionality I would like to implement a fax solution for MS CRM 3.0. This means sending all faxes to an exchange public folder (HR, Sales,...) and use a CRM Fax Router to duplicate (as done by Email router) the requiremed Sales faxes into a CRM queue where they can be checked and assigned (maybe automatic assignment according to fax no.). Sendig faxes should be handled via the Exchange server (necessary?). For non CRM users the Fax GUI in Outlook can be used to send faxes out. Can I use the standard MS Server 2003 Fax services for this? What else do I need to direc...

OUTLOOK 2003 ACCOUNDS
Hi folks, is there a way to save OUTLOOK 2003 accounds ( back - up ) in case you need to restore some other time ? Thanks No, Accounts exports only existed in Outlook 98 and 2000, Internet Mail Only modes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Orlando Gondar asked: | Hi folks, is there a way to save OUTLOOK 2003 accounds ( back - up ) | in case you ne...

XL 2003 Add Ins
I am looking for the Template Wizard with Data Tracking in Excel 2003. This add in was available for prior versions of Excel. Thanks for any help! Melissa also posted in the programming section where it was covered. Just letting others know that they need not answer the question as it has been already addressed. "Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014301c398cb$ed9e1850$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking for the Template Wizard with Data Tracking > in Excel 2003. This add in was available for prior > versions of Excel. Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard Edition
Dear all, With SP2, is the max number of storage group also increased? I know that the prior to SP2, only one storage group is allowed besides the Recovery Storage group. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:26:00 +0800, "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote: >Dear all, > >With SP2, is the max number of storage group also increased? I know that >the prior to SP2, only one storage group is allowed besides the Recovery >Storage group. Thanks. > >Regards, >Kueh. > Nothing has changed in that regard. Standard is one SG with one mailb...

Outlook 2003 name resolution
I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just stopped responding. They type the first few letters, and usually the drop down appears with option, but now it doesnt. Any ideas? We are using OL2003 w. SP1 on WinXP boxes.... Thanks in advance.... Chris Chris <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote: > I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they > type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just > stopped responding. > > They type the first few l...

postUpdate preImageEntityXml problem
Hi i have problem with preImageEntityXml and postImageEntityXml in postUpdate callout. I have code : public override void PostUpdate( CalloutUserContext userContext, CalloutEntityContext entityContext, string preImageEntityXml, string postImageEntityXml ) { XmlDocument preImageEntity = new XmlDocument(); preImageEntity.LoadXml(postImageEntityXml); foreach (XmlElement element in preImageEntity.GetElementsByTagName"Property")) { string elementName = element.Attributes.GetNamedItem("Name").Value; switch(elementName) { ....... Bu...

OL 2010 to OL 2009
I have been using the Beta of Office 2010 and find I am in need of an exchange account so I can sync my Moto Droid phone with Outlook. I can get this through Go Daddy and they offer OL 2009 with the exchange account. My question is will my OL 2010 contacts, appointments and such move back to the 2009 version with no issues? Thank you. Paul "MinConst" <MinConst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38231244-BD98-472A-8211-8359A411C51C@microsoft.com... >I have been using the Beta of Office 2010 and find I am in need of an > exchange accoun...

OL 2002 receiving but not sending
OL 2002 is receiving fine but not sending. When I hit the send button nothing happens. My settings match what my ISP recommends, and when I test account settings I get no errors. Just switched from dialup to cable modem. Don't think this is related but I made a few operator errors in the process and had to recreate accounts. ...

problem downloading quotes
I am having a problem downloading quotes. I hold about 180 different sticks. I asked Microsoft if there was a limit to the number of quotes I could download and said that I had read somewhere that there was a limit of 250 quotes for downloading. The following is the reply from Microsoft. Has anyone else ever been told that you are only supposed to download 20 to 25 quotes at a time? If you have as many different shares as I do, is there a way to do this easily? This was the Microsoft reply: "Based on my research, I am sorry that the issue has not been completely be"en solv...

Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot) #4
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 Follow-up to: microsoft.public.outlook I am having a really hard time creating proper html signatures in OL that "stick", i.e. remain the way I designed them using Advanced Edit (using Word as editor) in OL. The problems seems to be rather complex and perplexing to me--but probably a "style" issue: This is what I do: I create an html signature using Tools|Options|Mail Format|Signatures|Edit|Advanced Edit which opens Word as the editor. I make changes to styles by selecting the signature text and changing fonts size or color; save the signature...

Excel 2003 calculation problem
Dear all, version : excel 2003 I just want to a simple minus calculation for all cells in column C using the formula A1-B2. After that , some of my cells content in column C differ many decimal places.For example , if A1 = 0.1 , B1 = 0.05 , then after A1-B1 , C1 = 0.0499999999999998 . I want C1 to be exactly 0.05 , what can I do ?? Thanks !! =round(A1-B2,2) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Jenny" <999@999.com> wrote in message news:uAqb6NN2GHA.1588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > version :...

Transfer Data From OL 2000 to OL 2002
I recently purchased a new computer and need to transfer the data (Outlook 2000) from my old computer to the new computer that utilizes OL 2002. How do I do it? I've tried burning a CD with the backup 2000 info on it and importing to the OL 2002. When I do this, I get a popup window saying "permission denied." ...

Having OL 2000 on same computer as OL 2003
I have upgraded to OL 2003. Recently I learned that there was a feature of OL 2000 had (shared folders) that is not available in OL 2003. Can I safely install OL 2000 on a computer that already has OL 2003, so that it uses different directories? I only want to use OL 2000 to get access to some shared folders that colleages have made available to me. Thanks for the help. Yeah, the "Shared Calendar" thing... I'm running into that now. I guess it's Microsoft's way to force you to buy Exchange Server. "Bob S" <BobS@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u...

Outlook 2003 / Exchange 5.5 Prompting Password
Our user and computer accounts are in an AD domain and our Exchange 5.5 Servers are in an NT domain with a two way trust to the AD user domain. Intermittently, Outlook 2003 will prompt for a username and password for the mailbox as though the trust is lost, though users are still able to access file servers in the NT domain which proves that the trust is OK. I have used AD Domains and Trusts to validate that the trust is fine both ways. Most of the time, Outlook 2003 opens fine, but when the prompts start appearing, it seems I need to restart the netlogon service on the AD domain contro...

Two domains cause problems for the Outlook client
We have a domain problem with the Outlook client for MS CRM 3.0. We have installed MS CRM 3.0 on the following environment: - the users log onto to and old NT4 domain (to have access to some fileshares and other applications) - then they start Outlook and log on to a new AD domain with the Exchange server - the CRM server is also on the AD domian - like the SQL server We have installed the Outlook client by logging onto the computer with the AD user. Now the scenarios are: 1) Logging onto the computer and running Outlook makes the CRM client work, but does not provide access to the old file...

Problem with Huge PST File
When I went to start up Outlook 2003, I got a message that my PST file was not closed properly last time. Outlook went through it's process. Now, my PST file is 823MB, even though when I do a folder size on it within outlook, it says the PST file shou be about 10MB. Does anyone have some suggestions? --Nicholas Are you checking the .pst file size from the root of your personal folders? If you search your hard drive for the .pst file, what does Windows report as the file size? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Sw...

Problems with my Select Case
I am trying to run a Select Case procedure but regardless of the outcome of my combo box, the procedure keeps running the Case Else option... which is to display a message box stating "try again"... here is my code... Private Sub Combo0_AfterUpdate() Select Case [Combo0] Case [Combo0] = "Apples" Option2.Enabled = True Option4.Enabled = True Option6.Enabled = True Option11.Enabled = False Option13.Enabled = False Option15.Enabled = False Option17.Enabled = False Label9.Visible = True Label10.Visible = False Case [Combo0] = "Oranges" Option2.Enabled = False Option...

add appointments from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003
Hi there, I have sent my appointments made in Outlook 2002 via e- mail to Outlook 2003. Unfortunately, I cannot save them in my new Calendar. Thank you! I would really apreciate your sugestions. Why not? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, dana asked: | Hi there, | I have sent my appointments made in Outlook 2002 via e- | mail to Outlook 2003. Unfortunat...