Offline Folder File Settings and changed local profile folder path

We have a serious problem with Outlook 2003 and Cached Exchange Mode

Situation:
- we use roaming profiles
- in Outlook the Cached Exchange Mode is activated
- the OST-file is saved in the local profile folder

A while ago our user names have been changed. On all laptops a local profile
folder is created with the old user name. The full path to the OST-file is
saved in the mail settings, for example "C:\Documents and Settings\<old user
name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost"

When the user log on to a laptop on which he didn't work before, a new local
profile folder is created, based on the new user name: "C:\Documents and
Settings\<new user name>"

When the user opens Outlook, the applications tries to find the OST-file in
the location which is saved in the mail settings, the location with the old
user name. Outlook gives an error because the folder where the OST-file
should be, doesn't exist.

How do we manage this? Is it possible to exclude the mail settings from the
roaming profile?

Please help me out.

offline cache mode GPO
Good afternoon, I have configured outlook 2003 and exchange 2003 for 150 users. I enabled offline cache mode and forced an automatic send/receive every 5 minutes. Since this decreasing user's performance I would like to disable "every X minutes" and enable the send/receive action on close Outlook. Does anybody knows the GPO or registry setting for this? I already have the OUTL11.adm loaded. kr dimi You will need to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard for this -- Screen 17, Send/receive Settings. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Export Entourage Folders

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Offline [WP]
Offline Address Book is not updating? Not sure where to look for trouble. Advise Please. Thank you In news:5AD2EF80-C2A1-486B-885F-8DE749CD4836@microsoft.com, WILDPACKET <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Offline Address Book is not updating? > > Not sure where to look for trouble. > > Advise Please. > > Thank you Exact error messages, wherever you see them, would help. Otherwise, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.aspx or google. have you done a rebuild? see if anything here helps: http://su...

Setting up my Printer
Hey, I am having problems setting up my printer to my RMS system. I have the Epson TM-T88III and I have downloaded the epson printer drivers for it aswell as the OPOS drivers. When i go to open the RMS manager i get this: Warning 919: The printer OPOS driver was not found. Could someone please help me out. Thanks. Delete the Epson printer driver in Control Panel > Add Remove Programs. It's a Windows driver and usually interferes with the POS driver. "dwarren1985" wrote: > Hey, I am having problems setting up my printer to my RMS system. I have the > Epson TM-T8...

recover excel file saved
can u recover/reinstate an excel file saved in error after changes had been made to it? i.e it was changes were made but was saved in error. I have no back up fuction as it is a stand alone pc (windows xp) It has not been corruprted or lost If you don't have a backup, your file is lost. doc wrote: > > can u recover/reinstate an excel file saved in error after changes had been > made to it? i.e it was changes were made but was saved in error. I have no > back up fuction as it is a stand alone pc (windows xp) It has not been > corruprted or lost -- Dave Peterson ...

How do I set up a data base for multable drop down menus?
I am trying to set up a form with multiple drop down menus that would use the same data base for entries. I need to know how to set up the data base and make it available to multiple drop downs. Do you mean like http://www.gmayor.com/ExtractDataFromForms.htm ? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

2000 folder scheduled sync fails #2
Running Outlook 2000 under Win2K as an Admin user connecting to an Exchange server (corporate email). I have Outlook configured to auto-sync my offline folders with the server every 90 minutes. Unfortunately, Outlook never does this for me at the interval specified. At the end of the week I'll check the properties and find that the last sync date was last week. I've tried different intervals with no luck When I manually sync the folders, or set Outlook to sync at close, the folders are synced. Any ideas? ...

How to search cookies folder?
Is there any way to search the cookies folder in Vista (or Windows 7)? In Windows XP, I can search a specific folder and use part of the domain/site name to find all cookies from the site (eg. microsoft*). When I try this in Vista though, I never find anything. First of all, typing cookies on the start menu is a blind alley. So, I navigate to the cookies folder, type my search term in the search box and nothing is found. When I click on the Advanced Search link and check the box to include non-indexed, hidden, and system files, it still doesn't find anything. How are ...

How do I change the order of the data in a pie chart
How do I change the order of the data in a pie chart - excel 2003? The help I have found says to select format data series and then select series order but there is not a series order tab in excel 2003 Change the order of the data in the worksheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "carincamille" <carincamille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46AA882-D219-43A3-8BB9-DA88C24DCB5E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the order of the data in a pie chart - excel 2003? The > help ...

Make New Folder code not working any more
I am using the following code to make a new folder from a form. But now the "MkDir strNewFolder" is returning an error. It was working previously: Private Sub Folder_Click() '----- start of example code ----- Const conBaseFolder As String = "O:\EWGPP\NA-233 Task Order & Invoice Tracking\Invoice " ' this would be the folder you want to create new folders in. Dim strNewFolder As String strNewFolder = _ conBaseFolder & _ Me![Invoice Number] If Len(Dir(strNewFolder, vbDirectory)) > 0 Then MsgBox "The...

Offline Files
IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. Thanks Can you put eight cars in a one-car garage or four feet into a shoe? BillVAS wrote: > IS there a size limitation for Offlien Files for Windows XP? > > We have users trying to Offline over 7.5GBS of files, but we get corrupted > csc databse, and we need to constantly reset it. > > Thanks Well I'm just wondering why all that data needs to be offline? Russ --...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Error Downloading OffLine Address Book from Exchange Server 2000 in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am posting this message in the hope that somebody will be able to assist me with an issue that my users are experiencing. Currently when my users are attemptting to download the 'Offline Address Book' from within Outlook 2003 SP1 from our Exchange server which is running Exchange 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 installed. They get the following error message when using their mailbox in non-cached mode: An error occured while opening the Microsoft Exchange offline address book on the Exchange server When they do the following command combination: Tools - Send/Receive - Downl...

My clip art files are showing up as Real Player files instead of .
My clip art files are showing up as Real Player files instead of the thumbnail preview of the clip art when viewing the clip art manager. It just happened and I don't know how to fix it! HELP! Sounds like your file associations got screwed up. I've never been fond of Real Player because it tends to hijack anything it can. Do you know how to check for that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "chergw" <chergw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8214F585-48CE-4EAE-93B7-7EA968EAB9BC@microsoft.com... > My clip art files are showing up as R...

deleted log files
Exchange 5.5, the antivirus program deleted a log file, eseutil and isinteg result in JET errors. Is there anything I can do but restore? are you sure it deleted it, or did it move it to a quarantine location? if it deleted it, restore, with all the log files you do have, is your only option...make certain to first exclude all Exchange folders from any file-level AV scanning... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8E93BCD-208A-47AE-96C4-A242328F23F5@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, the antivirus program deleted a log file...

Outlook private folders
I have a user that leaves messages on the server. He has a ton of personal folders stored locally. Often times, when he drags a message or contact from the message pane Outlook all but seizes up. It takes a really long time to move the message. It only happens when he is dragging the file, and does not have to be a large file to do it. I have seen it do it on a 30K file. We have a 100mbps network and it should not hang up like that. The computer is clean (no other programs running), has a large page file, has plenty of ram, and all the service packs have been installed. There...

excel 'file format is not valid'
I have an excel file which was retrieved from a computer running Win 98. This computer crashed and when the file was retrieved it will not open in any version of excel. I keep getting the error message 'file format is not valid'. The file does open in wordpad but this is gobbleygook and would take ages to get the data reorganised. Can anyone help? There are no viruses in the file - it just will not open. You might be able to recover it by using another program--both xl2002 and OpenOffice have better reputations for opening files that earlier versions of excel couldn't. (ht...

Balance changes when selecting reconciled transactions only
I have a problem with Money 2003 where the account balance changes when switching from "view all transactions" to "view unreconciled transactions". Anybody have a fix?? I am having the exact same problem in Money 2004 and it is driving me crazy. Does the problem you have trickle through to your Account Summary and Portfolio...it does with mine and if I dig deeper I think I will find that it messes with the way a Budget is created...Can someone at Microsoft help us on this one??? -Matt >-----Original Message----- >I have a problem with Money 2003 where the a...

My application shows up as "TODO: <File Description>" in Windows Firewall
Hi, I have a simple dialog based MFC application, which locates a hardware device on the network using UDP broadcast. When this program is run for the first time, Windows Firewall comes up and offers to unblock this program. However, the name of the program shows up as "TODO: <File Description>". I have filled all fields in the version resource. This problem only happens with the "Release" configuration. When I build the application with the "Debug" configuration, Windows Firewall displays the name of my application correctly. Any insights? Timur A...

Outlook 2003 "OFFLINE" issue.
Hi, Since we upgraded the Exchange 2003 to SP2, some of our users encountered an issue where their Outlook client 2003 were "Offline" by itself. The users need to manually uncheck the "Work Offline" to reconnect the server. As far as i know, if there is a network issue, it should be "Disconnected", I did simulate this by unplug the network cable. Is there any issue with SP2 ? Please help... Thanks. Rgrds, Zul I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was a windows thing with a SID and the domain but now I think it is Outlook and some problem...

Excel and creating a menu for regularly used files
In word, you can click Tools/Customize, click the commands tab, select Built in menu's and drag the command work up onto your menu bar. By clicking "Add to work menu" on the newly created work menu, you are able to open regularly used documents easily. I would like to do this in excel. Following all the same steps above, I get to the built in menu's - but (oh no!!!) there is no work command. Does anybody have any ideas as to how I can add this command? {:o{ See if this solution work for you: http://www.tek-tips.com/gpviewthread.cfm/qid/657504/pid/68/lev2/3/lev3/18 -- H...

Outlook Express Hangs when changing identities with XP
When i change idenetites in Outlook Express, it hangs for about 5-7 minutes then works perfectly. I found an article to fix this by editing the DWORD value in the registry, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;EN-US;Q274017 , but this article does not cover what to do with XP considering there is no "Changing" value in the Identites group. There are 3 values for "REG_DWORD" that are available are "Directory Name" "Identity Ordinal" and "Migrated5" I exported the registry and then deleted all the DWORD values and it stil...

Change the GAL
I would like to split up my GAL, I would like to put sub-lists under the GAL like the All Address List, can this be done? I would like to break the GAL out in to categories like External Contacts, Groups, Public Folders, Users, etc&hellip; I know that the All Address Lists can do this, but I would rather use the GAL for offline abilities. If I am barking up the wrong tree feel free to let me know where the better trees are!! Thanks in Advance, --Kevin ...