NOTES from another pst folder

I have a pst folder (old emails and lot of NOTES from 1998-2003).
I access thses folders, from TOOLS - OPTIONS - MAILSTEUP - DATAFILES - Add.
After doing that, I was under the impression that the NOTES from this pst
folder also would appear in the NOTES section of the Outlook, where as it is
NOT. I am using MS Outllook 2007 to access those old folders (version is
2003). Is there something special that I need to do to enable these old NOTES
here ?? Can someone help ?? Thanks in advance!!

VK wrote:

> I have a pst folder (old emails and lot of NOTES from 1998-2003).
> I access thses folders, from TOOLS - OPTIONS - MAILSTEUP - DATAFILES - Add.
> After doing that, I was under the impression that the NOTES from this pst
> folder also would appear in the NOTES section of the Outlook, where as it is
> NOT. I am using MS Outllook 2007 to access those old folders (version is
> 2003). Is there something special that I need to do to enable these old NOTES
> here ?? Can someone help ?? Thanks in advance!!

In pre-OL2007 versions of Outlook, use File -> Open to open .pst files
inside of Outlook.  You'll have to figure out how to get around that
"wonderful" ribbon in OL2007.
0
VanguardLH
1/25/2010 1:35:05 AM
Thanks for the reply.
The same is the case with OL2007 also. File - Open - Outlook Data File.
But with this method also, I am unable to see the NOTES from that pst file.
Not sure if I am missing something here to turn on the option here.

Thanks in advance !!!

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> VK wrote:
>
> > I have a pst folder (old emails and lot of NOTES from 1998-2003).
> > I access thses folders, from TOOLS - OPTIONS - MAILSTEUP - DATAFILES - Add.
> > After doing that, I was under the impression that the NOTES from this pst
> > folder also would appear in the NOTES section of the Outlook, where as it is
> > NOT. I am using MS Outllook 2007 to access those old folders (version is
> > 2003). Is there something special that I need to do to enable these old NOTES
> > here ?? Can someone help ?? Thanks in advance!!
>
> In pre-OL2007 versions of Outlook, use File -> Open to open .pst files
> inside of Outlook.  You'll have to figure out how to get around that
> "wonderful" ribbon in OL2007.
> .

Switched to the Notes Navigation or the Folder List Navigation already?
You can do that at the bottom left or by pressing CTRL+5 or CTRL+6.

If you still don't see it this way, you did not backup the Notes folders.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"VK" <VK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply.
> The same is the case with OL2007 also. File - Open - Outlook Data File.
> But with this method also, I am unable to see the NOTES from that pst
> file.
> Not sure if I am missing something here to turn on the option here.
>
> Thanks in advance !!!
>
> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> VK wrote:
>>
>> > I have a pst folder (old emails and lot of NOTES from 1998-2003).
>> > I access thses folders, from TOOLS - OPTIONS - MAILSTEUP - DATAFILES -
>> > Add.
>> > After doing that, I was under the impression that the NOTES from this
>> > pst
>> > folder also would appear in the NOTES section of the Outlook, where as
>> > it is
>> > NOT. I am using MS Outllook 2007 to access those old folders (version
>> > is
>> > 2003). Is there something special that I need to do to enable these old
>> > NOTES
>> > here ?? Can someone help ?? Thanks in advance!!
>>
>> In pre-OL2007 versions of Outlook, use File -> Open to open .pst files
>> inside of Outlook.  You'll have to figure out how to get around that
>> "wonderful" ribbon in OL2007.
>> .

0
Roady

cell to adjust in another workbook when cell changes
I have an input worksheet that totals to a category. I then have a seperate worksheet for each category according to Month and Year. I want the value of the category from the input worksheet to go the proper cell in its Month and Year. I know how to get the values there but I want it to adjust each time I change the input cell. Ditto between different workbooks. Have you considered using a filter, then you would only have to maintain a single worksheet. http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Page...

pst path...?
I followed the instructions to relocate my .pst file to a file within My Documents per instructions from www.howto-outlook.com. Everything works well with the exception of: With Outlook open, I go to File/Open/Outlook Data File.... and I am sent to the old/default locale of the .pst file. How do I get Outlook to recognize the new locale when accessing the file using the method above? By the way, when I follow - Tools/Options/Mail SetUp Tab/Data Files, my mail is being delivered to the new address. I use WinXP and OL 2002. Regards, Aaln Hi Alan, You can open any .PST file in Outloo...

Sharing non-Default Contact Folders
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange. I have the default Contacts folder which I use for my own contacts and do not want to share. I have set up several other Contacts folders. I want to share one of my additional folders with one list of people and another with another group. I have added valid names to each folder's Permissions and picked which level of permission I am granting for each user for each folder. When the nominated users tries to see the folder they select my name using the appropriate dialog, they can't 'see' any of my additional folders - they can see...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect
Hi, I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory ID, are not correct. This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002 (dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie. deliverynotes/invoices any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low. So it is giving new records Note Index's which have already been used and ...

Public folder replication #42
I moved from a single server to Front end/backend exchange server setup. I moved all of the malboxes from the original server to 2 backend servers. I then made the original server a frontend server. Everyone's email is working correctly, both from their desktop client and through OWA. However, there is no access from either OWA or client.to public folders except the default Internet Newsgroups folder that was created automatically. The folders are on the frontend server, and i have tried to replicate them to the 2 backend servers. I have forced hierarchy replication as in Artic...

corrupted .pst file, inboxrepair doesnt help
Hello, Somehow my inbox .pst file (999MB) got corrupted (not sure how, one day it worked the next it didnt). (I've got latest updates, SP, as well as Anti Virus). When i try to load it using OutlookXP on Win2K it loads and loads (for about 30minutes) and then appears as something like "this file has an error use Inbox Repair Tool to fix". So then i try Inbox Repair Tool and it went through the file, makes a backup, and fixes the two errors (2 items without a folder). However when i then try to load the repaired .pst file it still loads and loads and then tells me the...

notes printing
I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after training. There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and easier to read afd See if this help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "afdmello" wrote: > I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after > trai...

Data from another worksheet
Good Morning All, Using Windows and Excel XP. On sheet "A" I want to show data from sheets "B", "C" and "D". On sheets B,C and D the data is in column A but changes rows everyday. I know the formula on sheet "A" to show data on sheet "B" that is in a fixed location, e.g. =B!A1. How would I set up the formula that would look for the last row of data in column A on sheet "B". Thanks for any help. Michael One way is to try and get a match on a number larger than would be possible in your case =match(99999999...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

pst files in recycle bin?
I have gigantic pst files: A personal one which must be about 308 MB, and an archive one of about 296 in localsett\appdata\ms\outlook which themselves look suspiciously small. There is also an archive2.pst there which is 270 mb. It dates from May 20th.When I do a search of my hdd, I find these files, as well as Outlook. and archive.pst files at 3-700mb, dated May 20th 2006 which don't seem to delete from the recycle bin? Or are the ones in the recycle bin probably uncompacted with lots of free space in them and I shouldn't really worry about them?. There is also an up to date...

Send as sent folder issue
Is there a way that a user having send as permissions can have the message appear in the original users sent items folder. i.e. Bob sands as Sales but the email shows up in his sent items, therefore Susy cannot see what Bob sent. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317865 Nue "jschlusser" <jschlusser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B332D00-8DB4-46E9-9411-8D9558013531@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that a user having send as permissions can have the message > appear in the original users sent items folder. i.e. Bob sands as Sales >...

WLM not syncing, not displaying mail, folder, nothing.
Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender seem to work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank. ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working. what gives? "asmd" <asmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:638D217D-FEC6-4AB0-838A-50D6657DE7FD@microsoft.com... > Since earlier today, WLM shows tht imlogged in, contact and calender seem > to > work, but the mail window is empty. no folders or anything. its blank. ive > tried uninstalling/reinstalling, nothings working. > &...

How do I save notes in outlook?
I have a number of Notes saved for Outlook 2003 and I have lost them in the past because I assumed they we're saved along with my Archieve information, only to find out later they were not. Had to start creating them from scratch which was a pain. How can Outlook 2003 NOTES be saved? Please advise. Thanks. You can copy/export the Notes to a PST file. To export use the File menu > Import & Export command or you can open a PST using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the notes into the other PST. "jhr07" <jhr07@discussions.mi...

security issue in notes
we are facing a security issue with notes in MSCRM 3.0 I want some users to be banned from the entity account e.g. So I set a security that they can only see their own accounts (user level) Now I want them to be able to access all contacts. So I set a security so they have full access on contacts. For the notes, I need to give them access to notes so they can attach docs and view all notes on all contacts. Now if this user has advanced find privileges, he will be able to query the notes of ALL accounts in the advanced finds. Anyone experienced this before? any way to restrict that acc...

How do I change one shape into another shape in Microsoft visio?
Good day. I have created a bunch of flowcharts in visio 2002. I have used the shapes from the stencils provided. I now want to convert on shape into another shape. For example I want to change the shape I used for 'IF' statements from a plane rectangular box to a diamond shape. 1). Is there away to transform from one shape taken from the stencil to another shape existing in the stencil? 2). If so, can this be done globally. (i.e. can I apply this change to every occurance of that particular shape in the document, so as to transform it into the new shape)? I really appreciate ...

bold font for lotus notes email
I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus notes. I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend this code to allow for some bold text? Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL As String, SQA As String, _ DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String, QualityNote As String, _ ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean) 'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name Dim...

Auto-expand nested/sub-folders not working in Outlook 2003 when copying/moving messages to folders?
I recently upgraded from Office 2K to 2003. I have a lot of folders I use to manage and store my e-mail. In Outlook 2K, whenever I needed to move a message from the inbox to another foler that had nested/sub-folders inside it, the parent/top folder would automatically expand whenever I dragged the item to that folder, thus giving me the opportunity to place the message within one of the nested/sub folders. I've been unable to get this same feature to work in 2003 nor can I find any customization settings for it. Am I just missing something simple or has this usability feature been written ...

Restore a Single Public Folder
As part of our migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003, several public folders were misconfigured, and their contents expired. We were not notified until long after the messages were removed from the server, so recovering deleted items is not an option. I would like to restore just the contents of this folder tree. I know I can't use Recovery Storage Groups to restore it. I do have a front end OWA server with enough space to restore the public folder store there. Can I restore the Public Folder store to this server, then move only the desired messages into the correct Public Folder store? ...

Access 2007 Note table in date order, note form is not. What can I
-- Rachel Rollins Rachel, The first thing you can is learn to use this big white sapce to post your question. My Subject Line got cut off and I almost missed the question. No answer your question... Use a query based on your table as a RecordSource for your form. (Table order is irrelevant to the form otherwise.) In that query you can set the Sort Order of the records to be by the date field. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Rach...

Opening a closed Archive folder
I am running outlook 2007. I right mouse clicked and closed one of my archive folders. Does anyone know if closing the outlook PST erases it? I went back to try and open it and I can not locate that PST file any longer, are my files lost? Outlook doesn't erase the file. Click File/Open and select the file. if you can't find it, use the Windows Explorer search and look for any *.pst file. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www....

CRM Notes Error # 2...........
Here is the second error in Event Log................. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 11:49:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM11 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line...

add note to body or notes
Outlook 2003 SP1 Hi, The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field. '----------------- Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click() On Error Resume Next Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.Body End Sub '----------------- My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text. Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field? Thanks, Joel Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write the s...

how do i put drop down box text in to another cell?
im trying to create a 'equipment selection' i would like to used drop down boxes to select equipment from tables, i would then like to take the results and put them into another 'final' work book to be printed. can i put rules in cells to look at the cell link and copy in the correct drop box selection? how is this done? does that make sence? matt459, Without getting into the weeds.. if in cell A1 of Sheet1 you have your drop down (data-validation-list), you could write in Sheet2 cell A1: =Sheet1!A1 That's a start, you might also want to try looking at Debra Dal...