Not Receiving Email from Some Known Senders

Hi. I just got a new home PC from Dell. I am using Outlook 2003. I am also
running McAfee Security Center. I am not receiving email from some senders
that I know. They are not going to my Junk Email folder or my McAfee
Anti-Spam folder. One sender whose email I am not receiving is my husbands.
He is getting a message back from his postmaster that says "Delivery is
delayed to these recipients...This message has not been delivered. Microsoft
Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf." Even he
sends an email to a distribution list and I am in the list, the other
recipients receive the message but I do not. I havel already talked to McAfee
and they are saying their software is not the problem. Thanks in advance for
any help.

"Angela K3300" <Angela K3300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi. I just got a new home PC from Dell. I am using Outlook 2003. I am also
> running McAfee Security Center. I am not receiving email from some senders
> that I know. They are not going to my Junk Email folder or my McAfee
> Anti-Spam folder. One sender whose email I am not receiving is my husbands.
> He is getting a message back from his postmaster that says "Delivery is
> delayed to these recipients...This message has not been delivered. Microsoft
> Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf." Even
> he
> sends an email to a distribution list and I am in the list, the other
> recipients receive the message but I do not. I havel already talked to
> McAfee
> and they are saying their software is not the problem. Thanks in advance for
> any help.

This doesn't sound like an issue you can address.  Your sender is receiving a
notification from his mail server that it can't reach your mail server so the
message isn't reaching your mailbox.  That's at a point prior to your Outlook
ever even getting a chance to see the message.  You wouldn't see it even if
you logged into your mailbox with a web server because it hasn't been
delivered yet.  It's a mail service provider level issue.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Outlook Express 6 Poofing email
Greetings, I have had this problem about 2 or 3 others times. Once eairler this year. The others prior. For some strange reason the email that is in my INBOX in Outlook Express 6 (win2k OS) rarely but randomly just Poofs and its gone. I do not know if there is some auto save feature and then it moves it. Basically ... HELP !!!! I need to get some of them back badly. No I did not delete any folders or anything out of the norm ... only thing I delete is the endless spam. Thanks in advance if I get some assistance on this :) Robert ...

Tracking an email <<advanced>>
Hello Everyone, I have just received a request to find out the path an email sent by our President took. She sent it out to everyone in the company and they want to know what everyone did with that email. eg - forwared it outside of the company or whatever....I have message tracking on and have the logs I need but it doesn't give me an option to track by subject. Only ID or sender....Ant suggestions would be appreciated. Chris You could use logparser to query the message tracking logs based on the message subject. Logparser is a cool tool from MS that is free to download and use.... s...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

Public folder bulletin board notification email #2
Hi, I have just recently setup a public folder on Exchange 2003 which we are using as a bulletin board with great success. I have setup a folder assistant who receives an email notification when a post is made, however I would like to tailor a notification to a group that a post has been made and that they should take a look and then hopefully get a discussion going. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in anticipation of a reply. Owen ...

Send/Receive #12
Get error message: "Operation failed. An object could not be found." Help! That usually means address book problems... Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed, then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search...

Add sender to contacts
When I right Click Sender I my E-mail inbox Add sender to contacts Does not work Have to add new contacts by hand When you select Add Sender to Contacts, an Add a Contact dialog should open. Does that not happen? Use Alt-Tab repeatedly to see if the dialog might have opened behind your current window. If you view the message from the sender, there is an Add Contact link next to the From address. Does that work? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Prplhaz" <Prplhaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E1B122-AF15-426C-9AEE-37BD...

Auto Reply Message to Senders
How do I disable an Auto Reply Message that is beng sent to my senders which says "Please leave a message?" Thanks for anyone's help. Did you create a message rule to do this? If so, uncheck or remove it. If you didn't create a message rule, then you enabled this on your server's Website. Look there. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bill Brandamore" <Bill Brandamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7CC2766-33BF-41B1-9F41-60AB9AE1C881@microsoft.com... > How do I disable an...

Some users unable to send email externally
Hello I'm running exchange 2003 and for some reason it's not allowing certain users to send email via outlook express. The client is configured for imap/smtp and receives emails no problem. However, some user accounts have problems sending. Even the administrator account won't send. The username/password combinations are correct, looking in the smtp logs, nothing comes up other than 15:00:18 sendersipaddress EHLO - 250 15:00:21 sendersipaddress QUIT - 240 On the smtp virtual server properties, authentication tab, I have the following boxes checked Anonymous Access (this ...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Outlook 2002 new email not showing up.
Windows 2000 Domain. Windows 2000 Server running Exchange Enterprise. Windows XP Professional with Office XP pro on the workstations. They use outlook for the email client and connect directly to Exchange not POP or IMAP. I have two clients who do not see new email as it comes in. If they click and another folder or message in Outlook the new email appears. Only two systems are doing this. There are 48 users who are not having the same trouble. I have double checked and UPnP and the SSDP services have been disabled on the workstations in question. Does anyone have any ideas? Thx ...

sending and receiving email
I can't send or receive email and am getting this message even though I don't have an issues connecting to the internet. Any suggestions? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.nycap.rr.com', Server: 'pop.nycap.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 23417 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F -- dmf According to your provider, the incoming server name should be pop-server.nycap.rr...

deleting specific emails from exchange server
Is it possible to delete specific emails from exchange server 2000? I have sceneraio where 20,000 have been generated for a single email address and I want to be able to delete these before delivery to the end user account (outlook 2003). Cheers in advance Ollie Riches Check your mail queues, order them by Sender, bulk select and then delete with no NDR. Oliver "Ollie Riches" <ollie_riches@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OSIRe2iNHHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to delete specific emails from exchange server 2000? > > I have scenerai...

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

problem receiving emails #2
I use outlook 2003. Up til now it worked great. I changed to an other PC and now i got problems receiving mail. I see that outlook receives mail "1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc" but after it's finished I can not find it in my inbox. Where is it gone? Can anyone perhaps tell me what can be wrong? Checked al the settings but al seems OK. I can send Email without problems. -- cardin94 cardin94 wrote: > I use outlook 2003. Up til now it worked great. I changed to an other > PC and now i got problems receiving mail. I see that outlook > receives mail "1 of 4, 2 of 4 e...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

Emails containing hyperlinks not working from Preview Pane
If I double-click an email contain a hyperlink from my Inbox and click a hyperlink, the web page is properly displayed. However, when I click on the same hyperlink from the Preview Pane the hyperlink does not connect me to the web page. Any ideas? See if the problem persists in a new named identity. If that does not help, continue with this. Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word (Revised 29 Apr-09) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823301 Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express after you upgrade to IE7 [and/or IE8] (Revised 29 Apr-09) http://support.m...

Retrieve Sent Emails
I have exchange server 2005 and i want to retrieve emails sent from some users which have been deleted from their sent items on their desktop. They are running outlook 2003. Can this be done? On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:47:27 -0800, gordon77 <gordon77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have exchange server 2005 and i want to retrieve emails sent from some >users which have been deleted from their sent items on their desktop. They >are running outlook 2003. > >Can this be done? You are the only person running Exchange 2005. If you had the "dumpsteralwayson" e...

Senders email address in saved attachment
Hi, I'm currently using the below VBA to export all email attachments into one folder. I however also need to capture the senders email address, preferrably in the file name of the saved attachment. Is this possible or are you able to advise another solution to capture this information? '<DieseOutlookSitzung> Public Sub LoopMailFolderByFolderPath() On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER Dim oFld As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim obj As Object Set oFld = GetFolder("Mailbox - ! TSN Credit Approvals\testing") If Not oFld Is Nothing Then For Each obj In...

Send/Receive Groups edit
Gentlemen, please kindly advice. After a necessary repair/reinstall of XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003, I am unable to edit (open) the Send /Receive Groups on Outlook 2003. Otherwise works Ok. Your assistance will be appreciated Cheers find and delete the *.srs file. if you don't know where to look, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.o...

Different email accounts
I would like to filter the 3 msn.com accounts I use into their own inboxes. Can this be done? Yes, this is done automatically when using the Outlook Connector to connect to your account. If you are connecting to your account via POP3 then see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Jan Ogg" <Jan Ogg@discussions.micros...

Creating attachments to emails
I would like to send Certificates of Attendance documents (PDF) to contacts using email merge. The data in each Certificate of Attendance is specific to the contact record. Can I attach the certificate to each individual record and then send an email with this attachent using CRM email merge? ------=_NextPart_0001_186A02C0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Fran, Thank you for your inquiry, I'm Don and I will be responding to your question. Out of the box, the feature to mail merge and include attachments from the contact or account is not available....

Opening emails in outlook express
When I click or double click on a message, I get a small box. How do I get the full box to read the entire message without having to click maximize every time? -- Thanks, Ron Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the program. Outlook Express General Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outloo...

sign in on emails
I cannot send or receive emails and each time I try I get the password box again. My email provider is BT yahoo can you help. Sue Doughty And what antivirus are you using? "Sue and Ray" <raysue.doughty@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:eYtutvfwKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I cannot send or receive emails and each time I try I get the password box >again. My email provider is BT yahoo can you help. > Sue Doughty First, test your password by logging in to your webmail. If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password...

Maximum number of attachments to an email message in Outlook 2003?
Is there a maximum number of attachments (word documents) to an email message? I have clients that have their work returned to them but do not have them zipped because of the automated process at their end. However the some documents were missing and it looks like anything of 30 attachments gets "missed". Does anyone know the maximum number allowed? Help gratefully received. I've been known to send 60-80 spam messages to our Exchange admin w/no problems. Not knowing the e-mail system(s) involved, I'm thinking you might be hitting message size limitations, file(...

Receiving garbled e-mails in Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, we've recently received a few e-mails that start out OK but then become a garbled mess of text. Most e-mail's are received fine. The garbled ones have come from different people, including people who routinely send us non-garbled e-mail. Below is an example, along with the internet headers from the message. We've installed all Office, Windows, and Norton updates, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks, - Art. Internet Headers: Subject: Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:14:44 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="---...