network links in email not working (web ok)

in outlook 2007 on windows 7 the hyperlinks to files on our company network
shared drive result in the error  "can not find file (address) verify the
path or internet address is correct"
I can send myself an email message with a hyper link added from the  "insert
hyperlink" commands that point to files on my computer and they work fine.  I
sent myself a couple test messages with internet address links and they
worked fine.
Both an email from my assistent and one I made with the exact same link
result in the error. I tried a different address on the same network drive
and it resulted in error.   Others running the same combination can access
the links fine.

I am stumped.  any assistence would be greatly appreciated.

prevent outgoing emails single mailbox
Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been examined they will be released. We need to monitor a user for security reasons. Any assistance or ideas greatly appreciated. On Mon, 30 May 2005 05:55:01 -0700, Eilish <Eilish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end >user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been >examined they will be released. > >We need to mon...

Troubles with sharing over business network
I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few computers that are working but our newer computers are not. Nathan Niewohner wrote: > I am trying to set up computers that are running on a small business network. > We need to share folders that are on the desktop but when we set them up to > be shared they are not recognized by the other computers. There are a few > computers that are worki...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work. #2
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

SMTP server no longer working?
Hey all... been sending emails using my cable co's smtp settings for like 10 years. just last week updated from OE to Outlook 2007...and all was well this this am. now, when I try to send an email Outlook07 reports -- Task 'mail.kkti.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I've just checked my account settings, and the incoming mail server IS correct, and the outgoing IS correct too, ...

How to change (Excel) source of all linked objects in a word docu.
nIn a MS Word document with linked objects, is there a quick way to change all linked objects (over 50) from one source spreadsheet to a differnet source spreadsheet? (Too slow to do one at a time.) You should be able to use the Replace command: Press Alt + F9, to view the field codes Choose Edit>Replace In Find What, type the old file name In Replace With, type the new file name Click Replace All Confirm the replacement Close the Replace dialog box Press Alt +F9 to hide the field codes Press Ctrl + A, to select All Press F9, to update the selected links Wheelwater wrote: > nIn a...

Clicking on Link within e-mail results in access denied message
My Mother-In-Law is having a problem opening links sent to her within E-mails with Outlook. When she clicks on them, it yields an error message that tells her to contact the system administrator, that her access is denied. This is a home PC with a new installation of Windows XP. Does anyone know what steps she can take to fix this? Thanks! -Steve ...

Creating a link between cells in two different spreadsheets
Can it be done?! I have a master spreadsheet which has a column called 'Corp Risk ID' which consists of numbers 1,2,3 etc - I then have a dependant spreadsheet which has a corresponding column called 'Corp Risk ID' so that I can compare how that 'Corp Risk ID' is used in both spreadsheets (run reports, see patterns of themes etc). For ease when I'm presenting this dependent spreadsheet, I would love to be able to click on a cell in the 'Corp Risk ID' column of the dependent spreadsheet and for it to take me to its corresponding cell in the 'Corp Ri...

Will outlook calendar invites link to CRM?
We are using the calendar and linking it to the opportunities etc in CRM. Is it possible to see the invite functionality in CRM so that we can see the number of people that have accepted etc an invite? Also if an invite is rejected will it remove it from the activities in CRM? regards Nicola ...

Email client problem?
We are having problems with some of our emails, usually coming from Asian countries. One of our users is sending in email, usually with attachments, and in Outlook 98 it comes in as garbage. It shows no receipient and no sender in the Outlook header and then it looks like this: Received: by 10.142.171.17 with HTTP; Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:13:44 -0800 (PST) Message-ID: <EMAIL> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:13:44 -0500 From: SOMEONE To: ME Subject: Test w/ attachment In-Reply-To: <EMAIL> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_Part_10386_22021441.1199463224883...

linking #2
how do you link sheets together, like i have i the totals in 5 or 6 different sheets and on the last sheet i want the grand total. i need help!! Its pretty simple! You can simply write a formula which looks like this =SUM(Jan:Apr!D3) where, Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr are 4 sheets and i am writing the formula in another sheet named Total. If your data is exaly on the same location in all sheets, you can simply use this formula instead of saying =Jan!B4+Feb!B4+Mar!B4+Apr!B4 Hope this helps. ...

Queries Links Change
I have a general question on Access 2003. I have several applications that run in the following manner: Step 1: Make Table queries runs and creates some large tables (extracting data out of ORACLE, etc.). Step 2: several other queries run for summing totals, etc. using tables from step 1 Step 3: Import process deletes tables from step 1 to clean up space in the database. The problem I seem to run into is that if someone goes into the queries from step 2 in design view when the tables are NOT existing in the database, the links and tables are not there and queries get saved with no link...

Cannot receive email with Access attachment
Outlook 2002 will not allow me to read attachments that are Access files. Message says: "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment: Cherry.mdb" Can I stop Outlook from doing that. Lou Cherry see http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Lou Cherry" <lcherry@optonline.net> wrote in message news:1xwld.374$GV4.740497@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... >...

Creating calendar appointments by dragging emails?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Outlook, if you dragged an email to the Calendar tag, the program would allow you to create a new event in the calendar, by opening a window and asking the time frame. <br><br>I've tried doing this in Entourage and I haven't been able to find the trick. Any help? Hi, this is possible in Outlook, but not in Entourage. However, you can easily create a new item (calendar event, to do, note) via AppleScript. Select an email, then click on the tiny black scroll icon in the menu bar a...

Why is my GetFields(BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.Public) not working? (Sample working code included)
My code in see the NonPublic members, but not the Public ones. Full sample code below. FieldInfo[] publicFieldInfos = t.GetFields(BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.Public); is returning nothing. Note, I'm trying to get at the properties on the abstract class as well as the 1 concrete class. (And read the attributes as well). I'm going bonkers on this one....the msdn example works with the 2 flags (BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.Public).....but my mini inheritance example below is not. THANKS in advance. private void R...

CRM
When using Outlook with CRM, it adds a string of chars for identifiers to the subject. Is there a way to hide those or make them really small so that customers will not see them. Thanks Craig The only thing that you can do is to remove them but this will also remove the abiblity of CRM to track emails.This is being worked on and hopefully will not be visable in CRM 2.0 "Craig Ramsey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1341501c443ed$e7b27940$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When using Outlook with CRM, it adds a string of chars > for identifiers to t...

Outlook and Being Networked
I have a two PC running Outlook 2003. Both our networked together through our wireless network, both running XP Home Edition. I'm wanting to keep both .pst files current on each PC so that no matter what PC you currently use, you can access your files and such. I've looked and have read most of the links and articles on http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm and have read many KB articles on Microsoft. Most of these programs cost and I've tried some over their trial period and didn't quite like how they operated or it just wasn't what I needed. So, how can one...

capture IE click link action using dll
Hello: I want to develop a dll that can be run when IE start, then it monitor IE click link action. how can I implement it? Thanks. > I want to develop a dll that can be run when IE start, then it monitor > IE click link action. > how can I implement it? Yes. You can develop a BHO (Browser Helper Object). A BHO gets loaded in each session of IE. Google it and look for it at codeguru/codeproject. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ok, that' it. Thank you very much. >> I want to develop a dll that can be run when IE star...

How to prevent email addresses from becoming hyperlinks, and removing hyperlink
One of the columns in my SS contains just email addresses. How can I prevent Excel from converting them to hyperlinks after I double-click on a cell then move to another cell by pressing Enter or by mouse-clicking on the new cell? Also I can remove an single hyperlink by right-clicking on it and choosing Remove Hyperlink. But I can't see a way of removing all the hyperlinks in a column at once. For both issues, I've checked Tools/Customize and Tools/Options for a clue. Maybe I missed something. Thanks for your help. In xl2003 menus: Tools|Autocorrect options|Autoformat as yo...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

Send Email to Self Using Outlook client through Gmail
Hi all, I am trying to send email to myself to my dopey@mycorp.com gmail account (some kind of partner gmail account the Co. is leveraging hence no gmail) Anyway I read all of the instructions on a website how to confogure the Outlook 2007 client, all works great. Now I have an Excel Workbook and I want to add a button to each sheet so the user can click a button and email me the active sheet I used code example from Ron DeBruin link. http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder1/mail2.htm I updated the e-mail address in Ron's sample to my e-mail address and tested the code I can see the e-ma...

networking
My question is, we want to setup a calander for everybodies use at our office. Do we need a server or can we run off of our office network? Bottom line question is, can 6 to 8 people use Outlook at the same time without a dedicated server? If so how? Thanks for the help! Ted. simply setup a calendar on a single users outlook installation, then give all other users permission to view and edit that calendar. you may also have to look at some kind of sharing for the drive the outlook is on. It's just like giving your secretary access to your inbox HTH Pete >-----Original ...

automatic email database problem (xml?)
Hi everbody! I am doing a final thesis project fro research in the air cargo industry. For this I have to evaluate thousands of "air waybill-numbers" (= awb's). If I email suc a number to a specified emailadress, they reply to me with more details of that number, see herefor: http://www.ccx.com/ccsi/email.html#anchor-xml Now is the problem that I want to make some program or macro or xml-thing by which it is possible that it automatically send all my numbers to that address and automatically receive the details and put these details in the same database, for example: I have in E...

moniter network usage on the network
I want to moniter the bandwidth/internet usage of all of the devices on our network. Some are wired and some are wireless through a wifi connection. How would I get started doing something like this? > I want to moniter the bandwidth/internet usage of all of the devices on > our network. Some are wired and some are wireless through a wifi > connection. How would I get started doing something like this? Might be outside the C# topic, but IF your traffic (even internal) is passing through a firewall, or it's passing through a switch that supports mirroring, you...

Web Transaction Entry Option
Is this option available? The ability to enter transactions on my Money checking account via a "Money" site that will sync and update my Money account during the sync process? This would be handy. Please advise. Kane wrote: > Is this option available? The ability to enter transactions on my > Money checking account via a "Money" site that will sync and update > my Money account during the sync process? > > This would be handy. Please advise. This used to be available via MSN, but Microsoft disabled it last year. Sorry. :( -- Steve Bell New Life ...

Exchange Email Router to compatible with SBS 2003?
Just upgraded my installation of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without hitches. So far so good. One slight lack of due diligence is just biting me in the backside: During installation of the Exchange Email Router, CRM Professional tells me that it cannot install on Small Business Server 2003 (with Exchange). Message is 'operating system version 5.2 is not supported [...]'. I do have access to CRM Small Business Edition through my MSDN subscription. Given that I have CRM Professional on the CRM server, will the CRM SBS Exchange Router work on the SBS 2003 Server? Soenke I'm having the sa...