Mysterious Filling of Disk Space

I am experiencing a new problem with Outlook 2007.  I can think of no change
that has been made to cause this problem.  My PC has limited space free as it
uses a Solid State Disk.  In reality there is usually around 1.5Gb free.

When I start Outlook the free disk space will be rapidly consumed such that
it is all gone within about 15 minutes and applications start o fail.  This
is annoying with Outlook because it corrupts the setup and requires me to
reset the navpane.

If I shutdown Outlook the disk space stops being consumed but is not
released.  When I reboot, the disk space is mysteriously released.  I have
been unable to identify the cause of this disk space utilisation.

Does anyone know what might be causing this or any way in which I can
identify what is consuming the disk space?

Does this happen even if you start Outlook in Safe Mode? (hold down CTRL
while you click the icon) See if this helps:
http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.html#safe

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"MAL" <MAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am experiencing a new problem with Outlook 2007.  I can think of no
> change
> that has been made to cause this problem.  My PC has limited space free as
> it
> uses a Solid State Disk.  In reality there is usually around 1.5Gb free.
>
> When I start Outlook the free disk space will be rapidly consumed such
> that
> it is all gone within about 15 minutes and applications start o fail.
> This
> is annoying with Outlook because it corrupts the setup and requires me to
> reset the navpane.
>
> If I shutdown Outlook the disk space stops being consumed but is not
> released.  When I reboot, the disk space is mysteriously released.  I have
> been unable to identify the cause of this disk space utilisation.
>
> Does anyone know what might be causing this or any way in which I can
> identify what is consuming the disk space?

0
Ben

M2K5 Small Business Invoice Word Wrapping & Spacing Woes
Has anyone figured out a way to make the line-spacing go from "double" to "single" when the description wording wraps to another line? I tend to be overly wordy (have to be in my line of business) when it comes to the "description" and the longer the description, the larger the gap is between line items. In other owrds, if my description is one line, the next line item is on the next line (the way it should be). If my description is 5 lines in length, the product automatically adds another 5 "blank" lines (a gap) before the next line item. Talk about ...

Running out of space
I'm running Exchange 5.5 and am approaching the 16GB store size limit. I'm going to be upgrading to 2003 soon, and was wondering if that size limit will go away, or should I plan on going to 2003 Enterprise? Also if I do that will I need different CALS? the 16 GB restraint is still there in Exchange 2003 standard... "Albert Spencer" <albertsp012300@msn.com> wrote in message news:#Y83ULxTEHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm running Exchange 5.5 and am approaching the 16GB store size limit. I'm > going to be upgrading to 2003 soon, and was wondering ...

Automatically color fill if a value is present
Simple thing, I'm sure, but I am stumped. If there is a value in cell H2, I want cell A2 to be light green; otherwise there should be no change to the background color. How can this be formulated? Thanks! Larry Larry, Look at Format - Conditional Formatting. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome... ---------------------------------------------------------...

Auto Insert the present time when a cell is filled with a data,
"Insert Time when a cell is filled with data, but don't update the time how to use the following code and where to put this code can someone please explain a step by step guide for this please? Once the time is inserted, you could edit/copy/paste special/values. You might also try setting up a macro that would do the now function and then paste values. The following code will auto insert the time using ctrl+y Sub Time_Constant() ' ' Time_Constant Macro ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+y ' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=NOW()" Range("A1").Selec...

Low hard drive space
Exchange 5.5 I currently have only 50MB left on my Hard Drive. I need to pucrchase a new drive and point exchange to the new drive Any suggestion on how to do this. Thanks! Add the new hard drive to the machine and then use the Exchange Optimizer to move the databases to the new drive. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b73b01c420b9$43c10ba0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Exchange 5.5 > > > I currently have only 50MB left on my Hard Drive. I need ...

Device Manager & Disk Manager API?
HELP! I have been struggling with this for months. If you could help me in any way, I would greatly appreciate. My application is a kind of an "embedded system" and there is not GUI to the user. Thus I have to manipulate the contents of the Device Manager and the Disk Manager just with Windows APIs, meaning that without opening those control windows. I only wants to do the followings thru APIs: 1. Disabling and Enabling one of the "Disk Drives" shown in the Device Manager (not just unmounting the drives from system!) 2. Reactivate "Disk 1" shown in the Di...

Excel Fill Series
In a fill series how do I increment the sheet number but not the cell i.e. sheet1!F1, sheet2!F1, sheet3!F1 and so on. Hi in A1 enter =INDIRECT("'sheet" & ROW() & "'!F1") and copy down "electromott" wrote: > In a fill series how do I increment the sheet number but not the cell i.e. > sheet1!F1, sheet2!F1, sheet3!F1 and so on. One way =INDIRECT("'Sheet"&ROW(1:1)&"'!F1") obviously it will only work if the sheets have the same name plus a number -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, fo...

Mystery Formula
The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a number (14,000) that appears to be a constant multiplier for the entire column. I'm trying to find out what the , in front of the cell reference signifies, and what "TABLE" is being referenced. Thanks! {=TABLE(,C7)} ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Mike Polo wrote... > The reference below is in an entire column of cells. The cell C7 is a > number (14,000) that appears to be a constant...

Fill data entry form
Hello when inserting new costumer in a data entry form, I want to check if he already exist, and if so I need to fill the in the entry form as a new record with all data in table related to that costumer. Thanks in advance If the customer already exists, why do you want to add him to your table again? UpRider "Johnny" <johnny.graca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189944142.232090.33130@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > Hello > > when inserting new costumer in a data entry form, I want to check if > he already exist, and if so I need to fill the in the entry...

Fill in Value if two cell values match

Email Account space left gauge
When you log into gmail or hotmail there is a gauge or line on the page somewhere that says you are using X% of your total email account amount allotted to you. Is there anything like this that will run on a corporate Exchange/Outlook situation that will tell my users that they are nearing their mailbox size limits? even third party might work no, there isn't...however, you can configure the system to send a warning message to users who have crossed a threshold... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Ther Richardson" <trichardson@vfwnhc.orgspamfree> wrote in message news:...

Copying and Filling Cell With Functions
I have an Excel page that has refrences to another worksheet ie =May!B2 I want to create a generic spreadsheet that I can just copy for each month but when I do I get ='[May Commissions Sheet.xls]May'!B2 is there a way to advoid this? And also when I try and do a fill instead of trying to copy I get =May!B3 or I tried typing in cell M2, =May!B2 and in cell M3, =May!C2 and then tried to do a fill that way for Excel to get an idea of what i was trying to do and it ends up putting =May!B4 in M4 and =May!C4 in M5 and =May!B6 in M6 etc. Can anyone help me cause I am about to lose i...

Only print the filled cells?
Hi, I am doing an ordering excel "tool" :) , where its possible to orde among tousands of products. I would like to as the user chooses to print the orderinglist, only th filled cells should be printed, and not 100 pages, understand? :cool: The orders are daily and the user threats like about 20 companys at th same time, so if C2 (C1 = "Company 1") is filled and D5 (D1="Company 2 then i would like the produkts on A2 and A5 with those companys printe automatically... I understand you can use autofilter, but then the (dumb) :eek: use would have to do it every time,...

Merging ntext fields removes carrage returns, additional spaces and line breaks CRM 3.0 and 4.0
We have been dealing with this issue for a long time and are still exhibiting the issue in CRM 4.0. When merging some description fields (ntext) from our case records all the line feeds, carriage returns, extra spaces (more than a single space in a row) are removed and the field is merged as one paragraph of text. Can anyone explain why this occurs and how to fix it? -- Gary Herbstman Byte Solutions, Inc. http://bytesolutions.com I would try test merging two lead records, both description fields (ntext) with carriage returns (enter these values from the CRM UI only). Pick the oth...

How much hard drive space will Trend WFBS Advanced 6.0 take?
Dear all, I am thinking about upgrading a client from 5.1 to 6.0. (The reason is that Trend Micro "Messaging Security Agent Master Service" stopped by itself sometimes and users got lots spams until I noticed this and manually restarted the service. I called TM, tried to uninstall/reinstall messaging server component, but no luck.) The 5.1 folders take over 3GB on C: at this moment and the C: drive has about 1.5GB left. I am afraid that the 6.0 will eat all the left available space if I do the upgrade. Can anyone please let me know how much space your 6.0 takes? T...

Loads of Mystery appointments (mysteriously deleted)?
Here's a wierd one... there are hundreds of deleted appointments in my deleted items folder they are all scheduled for 'Tue 01/01/1980' and in every other respect resemble an appointment that I was invited to about a year ago. The appointment is titled 'Michelle at Pearsons', and each one in deleted items, has a partner called 'Updated: 'Michelle at Pearsons'. But I haven't done anything with this appointment at all - for about a year - I only discovered them recently when Google sync alerted me to the fact that I'd deleted 12 appointments today....

Mysterious Filling of Disk Space
I am experiencing a new problem with Outlook 2007. I can think of no change that has been made to cause this problem. My PC has limited space free as it uses a Solid State Disk. In reality there is usually around 1.5Gb free. When I start Outlook the free disk space will be rapidly consumed such that it is all gone within about 15 minutes and applications start o fail. This is annoying with Outlook because it corrupts the setup and requires me to reset the navpane. If I shutdown Outlook the disk space stops being consumed but is not released. When I reboot, the disk sp...

Double spaces
Hello, I just received Outlook 2003 on my PC and for the life of me every I when I type up a new message the format automatically give me double spaces. Now I do have a signature, but every time I have to manual go to format and ask for single space. Can someone help me I just want to have single spaces everytime I type up a new message. Thank you in advance. First, if you are using Word as the editor, allow your sentences to wrap = and don't use a hard return at the end of the line. Second, when setting up your signature, use Shift+Return for a soft = return. --=81 Milly Sta...

"wscript.exe
Win XP SP3. After I eject a CD/DVD from my DVD drive or unmount an disk image from the Daemon Tools virtual drive, I get an error window with the title "wscript.exe - No Disk" and with the message " There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive (drive letter):". There are three buttons that I can click: Cancel, Try again, Continue. When I click any of these options, the error window closes but pops up again after an interval of approx. i minute. The only way I can close this window permanently is by rebooting the system. Can anybody h...

auto-fill Contacts
Is there an add-on from Microsoft or others that can populate a New Contact with info from an Outlook 2002 e-mail, Word document, etc.? Bernie Unclear post. Clarify what you want to do and in what format the information currently exists. Look At File > Import and Export to see what file types can be imported. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "baltobernie" <bernie@pennstar54.com> wrote in message news:ARh4e.3622$%b1.630@trnddc08... > Is there an add-on from Microsoft or others that can populate a New > Contact with info from an Outlook 2002 e-mail, Word documen...

Querying to fill in numerical sequence
I've got a table (tblMain) with the following (relevant) fields: tblMain .ID_Main, PrimaryKey .FirstName, text of first name .LastName, text of last name .Seat, number holding the current seat number of this person I'd like to query this table to figure out where the empty seats are and then move the person currently seated in the numerically first seat greater than a fixed number. So... let's say I have people seated in seats 1, 2, 3, 5, and 8, 9, 10, I'd like to move the person in seat 8 into seat 4... in other words, I want to be able to always keep se...

Vista Corrupted To Near Unusability -- No Recovery Disks
My Vista Home Premium (SP2) is corrupted to near unusability. Proof? 1. I click the Firewall control panel and I get an error "Error loading firewall.cpl. Firewall.cpl is not a valid win32 application" It sure is not valid: when I go to C:\Windows\System32\Firewall.cpl, it shows a file of ZERO bytes! 2. I try to click the Windows program installation/repair/removal control panel, and the window blinks in and out. It's been 28 months since this Vista installation has been in use, and often rescued in ways that avoided a clean install entirely. I think i...

Calculation mystery
I have problem with calculations in a program produced using VC++ and MFC. The calculation is using double floats. It loops until the result is reduced to a target value. In debug mode the calculation needs 178 loops. In release mode the calculation is not consistent and sometimes needs over 38000 loops. I think this must be something to do with double floats in debug mode. I can't fathom out what could cause the loops to vary in release mode. It shouldn't change from run to run and it doesn't change in debug mode. Any ideas? Steve -- EasyNN-plus. Build Neural Networks. ht...

Check Table, if found, fill Fields
I did a mess of a database, and I'm trying to clean it up. My original database/Table has Date Received, Last Name, First Name, SSN, FormFrom, FormType (pulldown) and several other fields, including Date Completed, and a Record field that's an Autonumber. Every time someone requests a letter/form etc from us they get added in as a new Record. So one person may have 5 different things etc., and that 1 person is listed 5 different times. It should really be 1 person with 5 different transactions. I am trying to Normalize. I want to break off the Last Name & First Name F...

outlook 2000/auto name fill in won't work
When making new email messages and using contacts already entered the auto name fill in option doesn't work. Is there a place to turn on this feature? Everyone else I've asked (and the books I've read) say this is an automatic feature! But not on my outlook 2000. Any help is appreciated. I'm tired of typing Outlook 2000 doesn't have an auto-complete feature. It has an auto-resolve feature. If you enter an abbreviated form of an existing Contact, Outlook 2000 will attempt to resolve it to that contact. If it underlines it green, it means it found a match. If it und...