Multiple Outlook Problems

I am running Office XP.  Recently I have been unable to open links in e-mail
messages unless IE is already open.  It tries to link, shows hourglass, but
then goes back top teh email message.  If IE is open, it works fine.
Sometimes even have trouple opening Excel attachments unless Excel is already
open.

Tried fixing by using "detect and repair" in the Help menu.

Now whenever I try to open Outlook I get four error messages in succession.
Each referrs to an add-in that is missing or defective.  The messaages are
long but end as follows:

....\addins\msspc.ecf
....\addins\rwiz1.ecf
....addins\MSSPC.ECF
....addins\RWIZ1.ECF

Finally a dialog box suggests going to "detect and Repair".  I simply click
"OK" and Outlook opens fine. (I don't actually go to "detect and Repair."

Question: if I totally remove Office XP and reinstall (I have original
disks), wil tis fix my original problem and eliminate the pesky error mesages?

Thnaks.

Removing multiple hyperlinks

RPC Connectivity problem?
I recently did a domain migration from NT4 to 2003/Active Directory as well as a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Everything was well while operating in mixed mode with both Exchange 5.5 and 2003 sites running. In addition, I could see Exchange attribute tabs in AD user properties. After I removed the only 5.5 site and uninstalled the AD connector, switched to Exchange 2003 native and Server 2003 native, I now have the following symptoms. 1) Cannot see any Exchange attribute tabs in AD user properties. 2) the Exchange Server application log is reporting an error about every 70 m...

Login / password problem
When attempting to launch money, after entering my .net username and password, I receive an error message "the password you entered was incorrect. Please try again. You may have made a typing error or typed the password for a different file" I am positive of the username and password,as I have used it since I installed money. I am able to successfully login to .net to open my hotmail account. Did you recently reinstall Money? If so, did you use the same version? If you didn't recently reinstall Money, there was another situation that was the subject of maybe a thousan...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Problem
Outlook 2007 stops working every time 10 seconds after I run it under Windows Vista. In the event viewer I have this: Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x4542840f, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0xc30, application start time 0x01c747849b157af9. I tried to solve the problem with no success by doing this: 1. Reinstall/repair outlook 2007 2. disabled all the adding in Outlook 2007. Any idea how to solve it ? thanks ra294 Y.A Just guessing but, the...

Simple Cut and Paste Problem
I am in a new worksheet, and am creating a very simple formula "=D3/C3". The result shows $5.20 in cell E3. When I cut and paste (or drag) to repeat this function all the way down my worksheet, Excel is putting in $5.20 in each cell. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this? Thanks, Lance Hold down the CTRL key as you drag the formula down the column. "Lance Gray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4e5501c42c67$08a289e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am in a new worksheet, and am creating a very simple > formula "=D3/C...

Microsoft Outlook 2003
Problem - I installed Microsoft Outlook 2003, installed all the updates, about three weeks ago. I also installed PC Doctor as my spyware blocker, and all that stuff about the same time. Problem is now my friend from out of town is sending me emails and I do not receive them at all. He send 2 a day just to see if anything comes through. He also emailed my yahoo email address and it is not coming through there either. Is it possible for my server to be blocking his IP address? He does not receive any notification back that message was not delivered. We both are on Ebay, so he c...

reply on outlook 2003
Sometime when I reply or forward a message, I do not get the icons with the arrow indicating that I replied or forward a message. Has anyone seen this? ...

Charting multiple multiples

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

Microsoft Outlook
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why does this ask me for an exchange server when I don't have one? (AND IF I DO HAVE ONE I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT)I am simply trying to hook up my Blackberry so that I can access my calendar. "pastorbill" <pastorbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACD66D47-E8F0-4E0C-8D2E-B8077562F50A@microsoft.com... > Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why does this ask me for an exchange server > when > I don't have one? (AND IF I DO HAVE ONE I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND IT) Because you told Outlook you had one when yo...

Outlook #260
How to save e-mails in a folder in My Documents Hilight the message, go to File, Save As >-----Original Message----- >How to save e-mails in a folder in My Documents >. > Chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to save e-mails in a folder in My Documents 1) Drag the messages from the Inbox to the My Documents folder. 2) Create a PST in your My Documents folder and copy or move to it the messages you wish to place there. -- Brian Tillman ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Fax Capabilities out of Outlook 2002
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a fax cover sheet that can be printed and autopopulated using the Outlook contact info directly from Outlook? This has nothing to do with fax capabilities. Any merge document you create can be saved for reuse for other mail merges from Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22f701c3e07f$8e162430$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to create a fax cover > sheet that can be printed and autopopulated using the > Outlook contact info di...

Outlook 2K3 After SP1 Hangs
Since applying SP1 to Outlook 2003, Outlook fails to fully close and come out of the system after exiting. It appears that when I start Outlook, if the initial Send/Recieve hangs (which it never used to) that I see this problem. But occasionally the S/R works right away and then I know it will exit cleanly and I won't need task mgr to kill it. Any fixex for the SP1 fix coming out soon??? or is this a new feature? Thanks Bill ...

Printer redirection problem in WinCE60
Hi, Thanks in Advance, I am facing problem in WINCE 6.0 printer redirction in RDP(Terminal Server). In X86 architure, connect two same LPT printer(model) to two respective WinCE60 OS(Thin Clients) in a network Only recent RDP Session printer is working, the older session printer is not working and flag the Error message. In Windows CE 50, it is working in all session Please suggest me if have information. With warm regards, Pradip Shinde Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Recor...

Outlook 2007/2010 Printing Issues
A general question to pick the brains of any Office gurus out there, mainly to assess whether or not these requests are at all achievable. I have a handful of users that do not want to migrate from Outlook 2003 because of the way the calendar is printed and their refusal of change. The main issues are as follows: - Need to combine Saturday and Sunday into one column, as it does in 2003, but has not been achievable in 2007 or 2010 that I've seen. Have tried third party apps to no avail. - Each day needs to be able to hold a multitude of appointments. An example I am lookin...

ARGGG! OWA Problem
We are using Outlook Web Access with Exchange server 5.5 (on a Windows 2000 computer). For some strange reason, I cannot successfully connect anymore. I get either of the following errors. It's either 1) Failed to get inbox Or 2) Failed to connect to the Microsoft Exchange server, <server name> No other users seem to be affected, just me! I have checked permissions through the IIS management console, and I have even re-applied service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. I can log on to the network and get my mail through Outlook on the desktop with no problem. I'm stumped! Any...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

microsoft outlook no longer working
I can't run outlook anymore for some strange reason When I try to it says outlook can't open the file containing the folders used to send and receive email messages and goes on to a screen asking for me to create a new personal folder or open the existing one when I try those options it doesn't work please help Thanks O o <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't run outlook anymore for some strange reason > When I try to it says outlook can't open the file > containing the folders used to send and receive email > messages and goes on to...

Single click selects multiple cells

Outlook 2003 Compatibility
Trying to find out when Outlook 2003 ships with Exchange server 2003 if it can be installed on machines running Office 97 and machines running Windows 95/98/Me/W2k. Thanks! Outlook/Office 2003 will not work on Windows 95/98/Me. It will run on W2K. It works just fine with other versions of Office except you cannot use Word as your email editor or certain tools like creating documents directly from contacts or mail merge if you don't have the same version of Outlook and Word. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Clark" <cdixon@b...