MS "censorship" in outlook -- refuses to displau images

why does Outlook f eel the need to censor what is displayed?
Can we as users override this?
If so, How???

I have to go to Gmail to view the G-rated images which Outlook rewfuses to
display (blocks)...

Would have helped if you mentioned what version of Microsoft Outlook you are
using, but I will assume you are using Outlook 2003.  Take a pick at Tools >
Options > Security tab > Automatic download settings.  This controls what
items are blocked/displayed.

Please keep in mind that if the message items are sitting in the Junk
Folder, then then need to be moved to another folder if you are expecting to
see embedded items.

"John in Poky" <JohninPoky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why does Outlook f eel the need to censor what is displayed?
> Can we as users override this?
> If so, How???
>
> I have to go to Gmail to view the G-rated images which Outlook rewfuses to
> display (blocks)...

0
neo
12/4/2009 12:47:15 PM
I'm using Office 2007 Ultimate thus Outlook 2007.....
Options has no security tab

john

"neo" wrote:

> Would have helped if you mentioned what version of Microsoft Outlook you are
> using, but I will assume you are using Outlook 2003.  Take a pick at Tools >
> Options > Security tab > Automatic download settings.  This controls what
> items are blocked/displayed.
>
> Please keep in mind that if the message items are sitting in the Junk
> Folder, then then need to be moved to another folder if you are expecting to
> see embedded items.
>
> "John in Poky" <JohninPoky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > why does Outlook f eel the need to censor what is displayed?
> > Can we as users override this?
> > If so, How???
> >
> > I have to go to Gmail to view the G-rated images which Outlook rewfuses to
> > display (blocks)...
>
> .

So find the path for your version. It's not that hard:
Tools > Trust Center > Automatic Download
You waste people's time when you don't post your version.
Outlook censors nothing. It only does what you have told it to.

--
Russ Valentine

> I'm using Office 2007 Ultimate thus Outlook 2007.....
> Options has no security tab
>
> john
>
> "neo" wrote:
>
>> Would have helped if you mentioned what version of Microsoft Outlook you
>> are
>> using, but I will assume you are using Outlook 2003.  Take a pick at
>> Tools >
>> Options > Security tab > Automatic download settings.  This controls what
>> items are blocked/displayed.
>>
>> Please keep in mind that if the message items are sitting in the Junk
>> Folder, then then need to be moved to another folder if you are expecting
>> see embedded items.
>>
>> "John in Poky" <JohninPoky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > why does Outlook f eel the need to censor what is displayed?
>> > Can we as users override this?
>> > If so, How???
>> >
>> > I have to go to Gmail to view the G-rated images which Outlook rewfuses
>> > display (blocks)...
>>
>> .

0
Russ

Where's my post? Censorship?
I posted something about Publisher and it's not on here... What kind of discussion group is it when you censor people with complaints or REAL questions... But you have advertizers scaming their products on here? Give me a break!!!!! I just wanted to know how to convert my Publisher file into something I can use like a JPG, GIFF or TIFF... Your post appeared with all of it's colorful language. There are even two or three responses although you might have received more help had you chosen your words a bit more carefully. Your grandmother wouldn't be too thrilled to know you tal...

Censorship?
Administrator: You deleted my previous post, didn't you? I'll know I'm right if you delete this one as well. -- Ron Johnson If you are referring to the post with the subject line "outline numbered list not auto-numbering," posted at 12:55 PM CST today, I see both it and two replies to it, including one from me. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ron Johnson" <RonJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51D75705-EE06-4664-99F5-BC06087B5E20@microso...