Moving .pst to new machine

Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily.  I copied my .pst file and
opened it on the new machine.  I have my email, and my primary calendar but I
am wondering where my additional calendars are located.  What is the best way
to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst?  Also, what
about Rules?  Do they not get copied with the .pst?   Lastly, how can I copy
my BCM data to the new computer?  Thanks for all your help.

Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the new
machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared.  Very strange.

Please reply if you can answer about Rules, and about the BCM.

Regards,

"Vicky" wrote:

> Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily.  I copied my .pst file and
> opened it on the new machine.  I have my email, and my primary calendar but I
> am wondering where my additional calendars are located.  What is the best way
> to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst?  Also, what
> about Rules?  Do they not get copied with the .pst?   Lastly, how can I copy
> my BCM data to the new computer?  Thanks for all your help.

The rules are within the pst, but may require modifying to reflect the new
pst location (assuming you copied the pst and opened it within outlook)
BCM is separate, you would need to restore from your BCM backup file

"Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Interesting thing happened, just added a new appt to my calendar on the
> new
> machine, and suddenly my other calendars appeared.  Very strange.
>
> Please reply if you can answer about Rules, and about the BCM.
>
> Regards,
>

> "Vicky" wrote:
>
>> Need to move my data to a new machine temporarily.  I copied my .pst file
>> and
>> opened it on the new machine.  I have my email, and my primary calendar
>> but I
>> am wondering where my additional calendars are located.  What is the best
>> way
>> to copy over those calendars, are they not part of the .pst?  Also, what
>> about Rules?  Do they not get copied with the .pst?   Lastly, how can I
>> copy
>> my BCM data to the new computer?  Thanks for all your help.

0
DL

Moving license to a new computer

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Re: PST file problems
>> "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Perhaps this has something to do with Outlook web services in Corporate or Workgroup/Exchange mode? How could this affect a PTS file or PST import? FWIW, the original archive files were not created while in Corporate or Workgroup/Exchange mode. Any answers? please include connarch@yahoo.com in any reply -- Pierre Levesque, AIA c. 917.577.8780 "Pierre Levesque, AIA" <pierrelevesque@connarch.com> wrote in message news:... > > "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.co...

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Multiple Outlook Sessions With Unique PST's
Hi there, I want to set up two different Outlook PST's and have two Outlook icons - one that will open Outlook with the first PST and one that will open Outlook with the second PST. I don't need to run them simultaneously. I just want to be able to have the two instances of Outlook be totally separate from each other. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. James Seperate Profiles? Use the mail applet in the control panel to create a new profile, prompt for profile, and add or create a new pst "James Martin" <noreply@noreply.com> wrote in message news...

Exporting to PST
We're using Exchange 5.5 and are getting ready to move to Exchange 2003. This is a fresh install and not a migration as we're redoing our domain structure. The problem is that I cannot export from the Exchange server to a pst file using Outlook, no matter who the user is the same error always comes up "Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied". However I can manually copy the items. I need to be able to export the users mailboxes to a pst so I can pull them back in to Exchange 2003. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Can my xls remain protected even if someone paste it to a new work
Excell 2003 I protect my workbook with a password but when i copy and paste it to a new file becomes unprotected. I want to know if there is a way my work to be protected always. Excel's standard protection, only really protects against accidents........if a competent person really wants to break in to your file, they can........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "DIOKAR" <DIOKAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F7A29DD-91E2-44EF-A629-1474977DFBEE@microsoft.com... > Excell 2003 > I protect my workbook with a password but when i copy and paste it ...

pst access
In outlook 2000 if I left outlook open and opened outlook on another computer the most recient computer was connected to my pst and the other computer(s) were disconnected. In outlook 2003 you can not open the pst on the second computer. This is fine for this case. However it does begin to cause a problem when you attempt to backup a server that has psts on it. Is there any fix for this? Or a way to revert back? Thanks Kirk ...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Moving Folder error

Rule to notify me of new mail
Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send notification of new mail to a specified e-mail address, but importantly i cannot forward the original message - it's an office setup and we're not allowed to fwd 'confidential' messages over the web. Also i cannot install any 'tool' as i have seen on the web - are there any other options??? help please alastairharding@hotmail.com wrote in news:1105528667.656658.91690 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Hi guys - i am looking to set up a rule n outlook 2003 which will send > notification of ne...