I'm trying to move to a Mac from a laptop that died and use the Office 2008
for Mac.  Can't find the Pst file on the laptop hard drive and it doesn't
seem easy to import from outlook.  Any suggestions?

Locations are here
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
Outlook requires the data file to be located on your current system, (Not so
it overwrites any existing data file) before you open it within Outlook (or
import)

"GeorgeK" <GeorgeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to move to a Mac from a laptop that died and use the Office
> 2008
> for Mac.  Can't find the Pst file on the laptop hard drive and it doesn't
> seem easy to import from outlook.  Any suggestions?

0
DL
2/5/2010 5:35:16 PM
"GeorgeK" <GeorgeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to move to a Mac from a laptop that died and use the Office 2008
> for Mac.  Can't find the Pst file on the laptop hard drive and it doesn't
> seem easy to import from outlook.  Any suggestions?

In addition to DL's link, see this:
http://entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Junk Email Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything don't go to Junk Email? Thanks John Yeah, double check your settings, make sure your contacts are NOT set to be sent to the junk mail folder... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I started sending spam to my junk email folder. Now all >my email is going to junk email. Even Safe Senders go to >Junk Email. Is there away to change it so everything >don't go to Junk Email? > >...

Trying to import from Outlook
When trying to import from Outlook I get the error message "Microsoft Outlook can not be started. Verify Outlook is installed on this computer" Thanks. I did find a support question on this site from 8/4/2003 that stated all I needed to do was enable Active X Controls. http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/print.asp? document=techknowledge&id=27790&code=7842 But this did not resolve the issue. Do I have to have outlook sales loaded also? >-----Original Message----- >When trying to import from Outlook I get the error >message "Microsoft Outlook ca...

outlook 2003 crashes when typing into to: line
whenever i create a new message, and type into either the to:, cc:, or bcc: line to enter the email address, outlook crashes. i don't get the microsoft crash message... and i've checked the event viewer, which shows no sign of a crash.. i've already done a clean reinstall of office 2003 any ideas? ...

Using Outlook to read from a https web account
Is it possible to add an email account with a https address? I have tried adding an account via Email Accounts => Add New Account => HTTP with no success ( I tried with and without the secure password option). I have successfully registered "standard" http accounts previously. TIA, -dan ...

Earthlink and Outlook Express
I use Earthlink and would like to download my folders and message to Outlook Express but I understand from earthink I cannot do that with folders. Does anyone know a way I could do that? Also, what are the steps, using Outlook to download a simple message from Earthlink? Also, what the steps if I want to open and save a folder from a floppy disk, from another email program? Sorry for so many questions. Thank you. Karen ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookF...

Moving license to a new computer

CRM appointment form instead of Outlook appointment form
In the outlook client, when I click the "Create New Appointment' button in the CRM toolbar, the Outlook appointment form appears. Is there any reason why it is not the CRM Appointment form that shows? Is there a way to use the CRM form instead? I know you can go in the "Activities in CRM" folder and create a new appointment from the Activities screen, but at this point, you no longer see the Outlook Calendar, so it is now very convenient, nor is creating a outlook appointment, clicking the track in CRM button and finally adding the missing field in the CRM appointme...

Exchange/Outlook loss of permissions
I have a user at my new company that, throughout the day, loses | access to various folders, items, attachments. We are running | Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2002. It affects nobody else. So, when she | calls me, I check her outlook. I can get into her inbox, but various | other folders she's created it responds "Unable to display the | folder". If we try public folders it says "Unable to expand the | folder". Earlier, she tried to access an email in her Inbox, which | she could see in the preview pane, but when trying to double click to | open it she gets "Can't...

migrated outlook folder
i've just rebuilt a computer for a client using Office XP. I usually copy and transfer the outlook folder to safe location then in the new computer recreate her account in outlook xp slurp all her mail again (because all mail is duplicated on the server (POP3)). once this is done, i get the original outlook folder and replace the new one. this usually gives me a message stating that there has been changes to outlook and it will begin to take effect. My questions are: 1. is this the proper way to migrate pst/outlook folder? 2. how can i preserv cached settings such as auto- c...

Outlook #64
i set up my outlook the other day and the next day when i went into my out look i couldn't access any of the options because it said my file location was not there. i have tryed reinstalling my office and i can't seem to get an inbox to view my e-mails and the other options seem to be not viewing proply can anyone advis me on what i could do or will is be alright to complitely unstall the xp office then re install in on to my computer. please help me ...

Critical OE/Outlook Backup Files
Greetings. Would one of you knowledgable MPV's kindly tell me which OE/Outlook files should be backed up so I don't lose any of my address book, folders, or data from both programs. I am in need of reinstalling my OS (XP) and don't want to lose any of my important names, folders, documents, etc. Your assistance is much appreciated. Outlook: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook Express: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -P...

Outlook 2000 Autosignature displays HTML source in HTML mode
I had my graphical autosignature working for outgoing e- mails, but found this week that it suddenly began displaying HTML source code instead. I verified that I am still in HTML mode, but cannot get Outlook to display the signature properly. This seems to have happened at about the time that I received what appearde to be an RTF formatted e-mail, to which I responded. Any ideas as to what is going on and how I can restore HTML capabilities to my outgoing e-mails? Regards, Alex ...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

Error class not registered in Outlook 07
Hello, I use MS Outlook 2007 (over XP SP2). Recently, whenever I start Ooutlook (first screen is Outlook Today) I'm getting an error message: "Run Time Error" plus "Error: Class not Registered". When I run Microsoft Script Editor, the breaks the flowing statement: "document.all.dateScript.innerHTML = window.external.GetDate();" However, when I'm not confirming the debug execution I can get into Outlook sending and receiving email normally. When I try to get into first screen (selecting top follder - Personal Folders) the error message is prompted ...

Access to multiple Exchange mailboxes from same Outlook Profile
We have two Exchange servers that are part of the same Active Directory domain and Exchange Organization. Users are able to add additional mailboxes to their Outlook (2003) profiles, but can only expand those located on the same server as their primary mailbox. All of the added mailboxes are visible in the Folder list, but any mailboxes located on the second server display the error "unable to expand folders." I know I've seen this work in the past where there were multiple Exchange servers, any thoughts? Exactly what rights did you give the user in order to add the extra ma...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I like to change the method of visualization images on Outlook 2003. There's a away to change this to be just like outlook express? For example, when a image (jpg) is attached on, currently I must double click on image to open it. I would like that appear on mail body like Express. Anyone can help-me ? Outlook is not Outlook Express. It does not have the native ability to display pictures inline as does OE. Outlook is primarily a business tool and businesses seldom have a need to display pictures in email. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook} Please post all followup questio...

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Windows 7, CRM Outlook client and wildcard certificates
Hi, We are hosting CRM 4.0 for several of our customer organizations. The CRM server is installed to IFD mode. We have installed several Windows 7 laptops with CRM Outlook clients in them. They have worked fine till last Wednesday when all CRM Outlook clients on these Windows 7 machines stopped from authenticating successfully to CRM. When trying to use the CRM with IE, there is first an SSL certificate warning shown which says: "The security certificate presented by this website was issues for a different website's address." I can continue by clicking a link in browser which ta...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

which should I use: Outlook or ACCESS?
I'm a long-time ACT user and want to change. With 5,000 contacts I want to see contacts and their respective histories, todo's, calls, meetings, attachments, etc.. ... and i'd like to use template to write letters, emails, etc. I'm using Outlook for my currently over 5'500 contacts. If there's something I want to write about a contact and there's no such field (like history) I use the big comment field. If you need to do more things (what Outlook doesn't support) go with Access. Or you could start with Outlook and later export the data if you really ne...