Microsoft Outlook 2010

I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it SHOULD be
under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is not
there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

Jacob

0
Jacob

Jacob A. Servay wrote:
> I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it
> SHOULD be
> under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is
> not
> there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

You can get to it from the File, Open, Import menu too... but its in
Advanced: http://slipstick.me/jing/export_001.png

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46471

http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane
6/7/2010 7:37:43 PM
I see the picture, but in my outlook 2010 it simply is not there. Weird huh?
I did however find it in the FILE OPEN. Thank you for your help

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <Diane.Poremsky.MVP.4c7bom@outlookforums.invalid>
wrote in message news:Diane.Poremsky.MVP.4c7bom@outlookforums.invalid...

> Jacob A. Servay wrote:
>> I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it
>> SHOULD be
>> under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is
>> not
>> there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?
>>
> You can get to it from the File, Open, Import menu too... but its in
> Advanced: http://slipstick.me/jing/export_001.png
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46471
>

> http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Jacob

Receivin error when starting outlook 97
When starting OUtlook 97, I receive an error: outlook.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I re-insatlled 97 office with the same results - any ideas? ...

what type of microsoft outlook do i need to download for a blackbe
"Harnest" <Harnest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A947962C-C8E5-404E-A182-2F6D97CEC632@microsoft.com... > Any version since none of them run on a Blackberry. MS Windows is required as the OS to run Outlook, not the proprietary OS on the Blackberry. If instead you meant how to sync up your e-mails between the e-mail program that runs on Blackberry's proprietary OS to an e-mail program on your desktop, that's probably the function of the Blackberry Desktop Software (http://www.blackberry.com/products/software/desktop/index.shtml). If you ...

Make "Outlook Today" update appointment instance, not the series?
When I click on a recurring appointment entry in "Outlook Today" view, it updates the series. Is there any way to get it to update just that day's instance, without going to the calendar, double-clicking the appointment, then selecting the "update this instance" radio-button? No. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9CDC42BE-E069-4F6D-96D2-46B1B775B4B4@microsoft.com, aveit wrote: > When I click on a recurring appointmen...

Outlook XP Archive Error
I run Outlook XP and am trying to archive old e-mail messages. I have two problems with that. 1. I ran the archive and realized it's saving it into a folder in my user profile, so I changed it to another drive on my machine and archived again, so now I have two archive folder lists in my folder list. How do I combine them into one folder that I saved? 2. I receive an error message saying that some files couldn't be copied because they've been ramed, moved or deleted already, but they haven't been. I can't find anything to fix this. What can I do? Thanks! I ...

Copy outlook setting to new install
Using MS Outlook 2000 (sp2) I've just setup same program on new PC & would like to copy all previous email folders & news folders/news server settings etc... so they look identical. Had a look at Export but doesn't seem to do complete export - is this possible another (easy) way? thanks harry Outlook is not a news reader and therefore never contained any of your newsgroup data. You were most likely using Outlook Express for news. For your email information simply reuse the same PST file your precious installation was using (*.pst). It's where all the mail, calendar...

How do I create internal links in Microsoft Publisher
I am slightly confused here and if someone could help me, I would surely appreciate it. I created a webpage consisting of a navigating buttons at the top of the page; How do I make the buttons links to sections within the document (creating internal links)? Reference: Bookmarks aka Hyperlinking to a place on a page http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/09/81265.aspx In the future I would encourage you to post your web questions to microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "nobek" <nobek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46527DFD-5BCC-48D7-8...

CRM for Outlook Contacts
Our sales team gets contacts from their clients via .vcf files, Plaxo, Spoke, etc. These all end up being standard Outlook Contacts. Converting them to CRM contacts is not easy. I have tried some utilities that change the message class, but it's hard ot explain that process to a sales professional. Is there a way to promote a contact to CRM??? V2 maybe? I would very much like to do this as well. Does anyone know if this capability will be in the next version? I've heard it was delayed until the fourth quarter. "Dave Finlay" wrote: > Our sales team gets con...

help with outlook 2003 #2
I can't view the same in box if I am logged in as Admin. versus home user. How can I do that. I have Win XP. Probably because both users have seperate OS-level user profiles. See if the info here helps in getting the two users to share their Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm "Glo" <Glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D38467-7284-40E1-B7C3-B161FE4FAEE3@microsoft.com... >I can't view the same in box if I am logged in as Admin. versus home user. > How can I do that. I have Win XP. ...

transfer iphone contacts to microsoft outlook on computer
Can someone help me: What to know how to: Transfer iphone contacts to microsoft outlook on computer than print list out? Please help Thnaks "iphone contacts?" What are those? Is there some reason an Outlook group should be expected to help you? What does your "iphone" group have to say about this? This isn't an Outlook issue. -- Russ Valentine "Kashi" <Kashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052B4F49-3DF4-43BB-A50F-145D4DA00236@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me: What to know how to: > > Transfer iphone c...

Link Outlook with Streets & Trips?
Does anyone know of a way to link "Display Map of Address" for a contact in Outlook to MS Streets & Trips, instead of having it go to the internet? I'm betting that it is an internal programming issue. It would be a neat trick, but I don't know if it can be done. I will watch for somebody else to answer. "sbowers2" <sbowers2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96C45A33-00A8-4658-A94C-56199C667D93@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to link "Display Map of Address" for a contact in > Outlook to MS Streets & Tri...

Lost addresses when converted from office to outlook
My computer came with a free 90 day preview of office. I put all my email addresses into it. When the office subscript ended, I was automatically converted to Outlook Express 6.0. However, none of my email address came with it. How do I transfer my email addresses from my former Offfice to my new Outlook Express? You can't. You would have to export them to a format OE can use, such as CSV. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28f8a01c464f5$df4cbd50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My computer came with a free 9...

Outlook 2000 #148
I have a user who cannot access the "customize" button in Outlook Today. When you click on it, nothing happens, has anyone ever seen this? Thanks. ~Amy ...

Daylight Savings and my Outlook 2003 calendar
Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they last for 2 days instead of 1. Thank you in advance, Tony In Outlook, go to Tools/options/Preference/Calendar Options/Time Zone. Make sure that the correct time zone is set up and that day light savings time is checked. >-----Original Message----- >Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All >of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they >la...

Outlook CRM No web page
CRM works for everyone at there computers Except the CEO. He can goto any other system and access the web page and it works, but when he uses his system the web pages starts the dissapears! Cna someone help me please. IT guy being fired! (ME) uhm,.....you need to clarify,.....is it the web page via Internet Explorer, or in Outlook? do you see any errors messages? if so, what are they -Gary "Raymond" <RMcDonald@merchnatss.com> wrote in message news:9f3201c43454$cddee290$a101280a@phx.gbl... > CRM works for everyone at there computers Except the CEO. > He can goto an...

Outlook stopped sending after...
I have been sending out a large number of E-mails to clients (200), and about half way, it stops sending, and won't send any more. I thought it was the "next" mail item to go, so I deleted it, but the rest act the same. I used Word 2003 MailMerge to generate the Messages, so there are a number of small messages, instead on message out to 200 people. Client: Outlook 2003 Mail Server: Postfix (ISP's) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Wrong name in Outlook part II
Hi group Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003. During creation of a new user, there where a spelling error in the users name. The username, display name is changed in AD Users & Computers. But in Outlook, the name is stille shown wrong. How do I change this? I know I can export e-mails to .pst file, delete the mailbox create a new and import the .pst file, but there must be a more smart way to fix this. regards lars All you need to do is update the mail profile on the clients desktop. (e.g. go thru the mail applet and retype the username [or server name] so it forces outl...

OutLook 98
I have a computer running Outlook 98. It has about 12 Profile Names to choose from at start up. Is there a way to copy the profile list and information for each to other computers so I don't have to recreate each again on 15 computers? I know - strange setup. But it is for a bunch of lawyers. Thank you. ...

Outlook 2002 Sent folder crashes outlook
When ever you click on the sent folder to access sent emails, outlook crashes and you have have to restart outlook. All updates have been applied, scanned for viruses with 3 different virus scans. Any help would be welcomed Alan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When ever you click on the sent folder to access sent > emails, outlook crashes and you have have to restart > outlook. All updates have been applied, scanned for > viruses with 3 different virus scans. Any help would be > welcomed 1) Run SCANPST.EXE on your PST. 2) Run Detect and Repair 3) Crea...

Outlook 2003 Shuts down #2
My Outlook 2003 immediately shuts down when launched. If you reboot. Sometimes it will work again just fine. Ideas?? Did it ever work? What happened just before it stopped working? Does a Detect and Repair fix the problem? Will it start in Safe mode (Start->run->outlook.exe /safe) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | My Outlook ...

Outlook 2003 is screwing up my Calendar
I recently upgraded to Office 2003 with my new computer. I ran the upgrade wizard in XP to transfer my old outlook .pst files over to XP. I rarely use my Calendar except for birthdays and anniversaries for my various Contacts. Anyway, yesterday I noticed that some of the dates were spanning a two day period. Generally, the birthday or anniversary now included the day prior to the actual date. I tried going in thru the contacts and the dates there are fine. I then deleted all the calendar events from the calendar and double checked the contacts. half of the dates in the contact...

Please help
Hi, We have recently have migrated to WinXP/OfficeXP. Is there a way that we can setup Outlook to access the users Inbox automatically. At the moment the users are having to run the Outlook setup wizard and type in the exchange server name, Inbox name etc. the first time they login. We have about 300 users and are running Exchange 5.5 Thanks, Bruce. You need to look at the Office Resource Kit, there is a section on Profile Creation "Bruce" <codwars@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6a8eb75a.0308110741.2d9fdb32@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > We have recently have ...

Outlook Express Setup
I have been trying for days to get my comcast account to work through my outlook. I can recieve mail but not send. I have tried everything I can find on the net to do. Nothing will work. Can anybody PLEASE help me? -- Silver Morris Outlook or Outlook Express? Your subject says OE, your message says Outlook. They are two different programs. If OE, you need to ask in an OE newsgroup. "Silver" <Silver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D67A22-00A9-45B3-B94D-11EA645C8AD8@microsoft.com... :I have been trying for days to get my comcast account to work th...

$8.95 Monthly Charge from Microsoft
For the last 3 months, I have received a charge against my primary checking account from Microsoft for $8.95. I have no idea why and no idea who to contact to find out what it is for or how to get it stopped. I did upgrade to Money 2004 recently, but don't recall signing up for any new services. Thanks. Glen One thought: is this a relatively new computer, that came with a free 6-months of MSN (ISP) service? Dell offers that. If that's the case, Dell sets up the MSN account, including billing info such as your credit card number, when you order the computer. After the free 6 mont...

Outlook or CRM
I own a small company and need a Customer Relationship Management software system. Looking at Microsoft CRM as well as Outlook 2003 Beta software. We are a small shop - 9 employees. Seems the new Outlook and CRM are very close to each other - Outlook is low-cost, CRM is high. I'm worried Outlook will stop building CRM functionality in it and turn it over to CRM. Any advice? ...

Outlook 2007 Inbox Folder Missing
User is running Server 2003 and Office 2007. When he launches Outlook 2007 he has no "Inbox" in his "All Mail Items" list, which is under Mailbox - User Name. Using OWA it doesn't show up there either. He can get to it by launching Outlook and going to the "Outlook Today" page and clicking on "Inbox". He can send and receive. Any ideas? <rwright142@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1192554314.689256.121850@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... Hello rwright142, > User is running Server 2003 and Office 2007. When he launches Outlook &g...