Message sent but a copy remains in outbox and send/receive shows e

I started experiencing this problem quite suddenly with no changes at all to
the Outlook Express configuration.  Messages seemed to be "stuck" in the
Outbox folder, but unlike what a number of existing posts already discuss,
the messages were actually being sent successfully.  They just never got
moved from Outbox to Sent Items.  The send/receive process completes with an
error, but if you look at details, all it says is "Warnings" for the send
step, no error codes or any other specifics.

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2007
from the Office
family for PCs. For Outlook Express [OE] support try posting in one of these
newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

try using msnews.microsoft.com.  That's MS's public news server that's the
source
for all the microsoft.public newsgroups.

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Joe Boyd" <Joe Boyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I started experiencing this problem quite suddenly with no changes at all
> the Outlook Express configuration.  Messages seemed to be "stuck" in the
> Outbox folder, but unlike what a number of existing posts already discuss,
> the messages were actually being sent successfully.  They just never got
> moved from Outbox to Sent Items.  The send/receive process completes with
> an
> error, but if you look at details, all it says is "Warnings" for the send
> step, no error codes or any other specifics.

0
Ben

Why Do My Documents Show As Read-Only For Others?
I have created a spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. I have not applied any sort of protection but when others try to open the file it shows as Read-only. This also happens in reverse order; when I open a file created by a co-worker it shows as read-only for me. Why is this? It's possible that it's in the settings of your network folder. Try to see the settings of your folder -- japorm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- japorms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=654 View this thread: http...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send from Outbox
Correction to earlier post. FORWARDING MESSAGES that remain in outbox after send does work to send those messages. Original messages (that would not send) remain in Outbox and must be deleted. I have not been able to determine a pattern of why certain messages remain in Outbox and cannot be sent. Progress indicator does NOT indicate sending messages (or attempting to) and no error messages exist in program or log file. But Outlook does flag on shutdown for messages in Outbox. Again, this seems to be a bug in Outlook 2003. ...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

No send button after SP3 Update
I updated the msi file with SP3 for network install. Now a few user do not have a send button when creating a new email. Outlook acts like they do not have email account setup. Every user can recieve emails So I now they have theie email account setup. I tried deleting their email accounts and setting them up again. This did not change anything. The only work around was to install from CD. Installing and updating from the network is a great tool. I would really like to resolve this problem. Thanks DG ...

copying CMapStringToString
Hello, Can you please advice how to make a copy of a CMapStringToString? a quick test CMapStringToString test_1; CMapStringToString test_2; test_1 = test_2; gives error C2582: 'CMapStringToString' : 'operator =' function is unavailable Thanks Vaclav Vaclav wrote: > Hello, > > Can you please advice how to make a copy of a CMapStringToString? > > a quick test > > CMapStringToString test_1; > CMapStringToString test_2; > test_1 = test_2; > > gives > error C2582: 'CMapStringToString' : 'operator =' functi...

sending problem #2
I have some problems with sending emails, when I "send" a message I get errror that I cannot send the email, then when I close Outlook it gives a message that I have some message(s) in the out-folder , when I confirm to send it sends without problem... Any solutions ? Gert Ouderits Belgium ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Copy sheet & page settings
Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page settings in one step? Hi why not copy the complete sheet (right-click on the sheet name and choose 'move/copy') >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page >settings in one step? >. > ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Copy Import/Export Specifications
Is it possible to Copy Import/Export Specifications from one table to another? -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit In the File/Get External Data/ Import dialog, choose the database, then in the next dialog, check the options button and select the import/export specifications checkbox. "Joseph Meehan" <sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46b22cce$0$3131$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Is it possible to Copy Import/Export Specifications from one table to > another? > > -- > Joseph Meehan > > Dia 's Muire duit > P...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

copy meeting invites
Hello... I am trying to figure out how to copy a meeting and not move it. It is not recurring with any consistency due to availability. I invite a distribution list and agenda/open items created for 1PM on Monday. How do I create a followup meeting on Wednesday at 11AM without moving the Monday meeting or starting from scratch.? outlook 07... "jmac60" <jmac60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31A710E6-43B3-4BBC-A9F1-9F5B0D6CACDB@microsoft.com... > I am trying to figure out how to copy a meeting and not move it. It is not > recurring wi...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

How to send my contacts?
How do I give my contacts to another person. I don't want to share I just want to sent someone my contact list so that they can use it. LSM <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I give my contacts to another person. I don't want to share I > just want to sent someone my contact list so that they can use it. Create a new PST. Create a Contacts folder in that PST. Copy all your contacts to that folder. Close the PST. Zip it up and mail it to the other person. -- Brian Tillman ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...