message larger than current system limit -can i change the limit?

"...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
burdensome to them.

In article <97BF09CF-8C70-40D0-A74F-F4EA14F98A43@microsoft.com>,
Shane@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.

How would anyone here know without more information?

What version of Outlook are you using?  What is it connected to?
(Exchange Server?).  If you're connected to Exchange Server, you'll need
to ask the admin.

--
Duncan.
0

"Shane" wrote:

> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.
Outlook does not have such a limit. The limit is imposed by your mail
server, whether it's POP3 or Exchange.

If this is a work Exchange account that you have, the restriction is likely
placed upon everyone to relieve the burden on the server. You can ask the
Exchange admin or Network admin for a temporary lift of the restriction but
rarely will it be lifted permanently. You will likely also find that you
have a mailbox cap as well so you will need to maintain your mailbox size.

If you are trying to email someone locally, that is within your company,
don't. Put the documents on the network instead in a location the other
person can access. Don't clutter up your mailbox AND theirs.

--

Kathleen Orland

"Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.

0
Orland
5/5/2010 5:15:24 PM
Shane wrote:

> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.

Sure.  Install and operate your own mail server.  Be prepared to pay for a
static IP address if you don't want to get blacklisted while using a dynamic
IP address, and learn how to secure your mail server, and pay for anti-spam
programs that work with your choice of e-mail server, and ...

Do it yourself to have control.  Use someone else's property and you get
what they give you.

E-mail is NOT a reliable file transfer mechanism.  It wasn't intended or
designed for that.  It was designed to send lots of small messages.  There
is no CRC check on the file to ensure integrity.  There is no resume to
re-retrieve the file if the e-mail download fails.  There is no guarantee
the e-mail will arrive uncorrupted.  Large e-mails can generate timeouts and
retries due to the delay when anti-virus programs interrogate their content.

Do not use e-mail to send large files.  It is rude to the recipient.  Not
every recipient might want your large file.  Not every recipient has
high-speed broadband Internet access.  Many users still use slow dial-up
access, especially if all they do is e-mail.  You waste your e-mail
provider's disk space and their bandwidth to send a huge e-mail.  You waste
the e-mail provider's disk space and bandwidth at the recipient's end.  You
eat up the disk quota for the recipient's mailbox (which could render it
unusable so further e-mails get rejected due to a full mailbox).  You
irritate users still on dial-up that have to wait eons waiting to download
your huge e-mail. Some users have usage quotas (i.e., so many bytes/month)
and you waste it with a file that they may not want.  Don't be insensitive
to recipients of your e-mails.  Take the large file out of the e-mail.

Save the file in online storage and send the recipient a URL link to the
file.  Your e-mail remains small.  It is more likely to arrive.  It is more
likely to be seen.  The recipient can decide whether or not and when to
download your large file.  Be polite by sending small e-mails.

Your ISP probably allows many gigabytes of online storage for personal web
pages.  Upload your file there and provide a URL link to it.  Other methods
(of using online storage), all free, are:

http://www.adrive.com/              (50GB max quota, 2GB max file size)
http://www.driveway.com/            (500MB max file size)
http://www.filefactory.com/         (300MB max file size)
http://www.megashares.com/          (10GB max file size)
http://www.sendspace.com/           (300MB max file size)
http://www.spread-it.com/           (500MB max file size)
http://www.transferbigfiles.com/    (1GB max file size)
http://zshare.net/                  (500MB max file size)
http://www.zupload.com/             (500MB max file size)

If it is sensitive content and when storing it online in a public storage
area or to guard it against whomever operates the online storage service,
remember to encrypt it.
0
VanguardLH

Default a Credit Limit For new Customers
Maybe I am missing something but, is there a way to default a credit limit on all new customers? My users create new cusotmers and forget to set the the credit limit to unlimited, so it defaults to No-credit. Then we run an integration and all new cusotmers fail until we go in and set the customer card to unlimited credit. Is tehre anyway to set the systemt o default every new cusotmer created to unlimited credit? Thanks Fliehigh Tools > Setup> Sales > Customer Class -- Elisabeth "Fliehigh" wrote: > Maybe I am missing something but, is there a way to default a...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How change receipt text?
When we use the "read reciept function" in Outlook 2003 every recipient gets the message in Swedish since our Office Suite is in Swedish. The international customers don't know what the message is all about and gets confused. How do I change the text which is automatically displayed? ...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does
Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does for a password to expire after so many days, a password tip help section to make stronger passwords, and a password meter to show how strong your password is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

File Save although no changes were made
Hello, I use Excel 2003 and use a spreadsheet that always prompts me to 'save file' upon closing it even though I have not made any changes to it. I did not find any =today() or =now() formulae. Can any one help, please? Thanks hvgmxx There are more volatile functions then the 2 you mentioned. There's "Indirect" and "Offset" just to name a couple more. Also, XL will try to save "older" versions of WSs, when opened in a newer version. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Grou...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Changing Previously Entered City Zip Codes
I have a customer who has entered incorrect cities and state abbreviations that are tied to zip codes. This false information keeps coming up by default when he enters the zip codes. Is there a way to change this? I thought entering a new city and state to correspond with the correct zip code when creating a new customer would rectify this, but it again reverts to the originally and incorrectly entered zip, city, and state. Thanks for your time. The way this funtionality works, is it reads the first available record that matches the entered ZIP code. Therefore if you have been e...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Limit to Text in Excel Cell
Is there a limit to the amount of text you can have in a cell? After about 20 lines the word wrap stops wrapping text. Is this adjustable? From Excel's Help (search 'specifications') Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Sounds like you should be using a text box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:OaiKaQDAGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a limit to th...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Limits to memory allocated in DLL
Hi! Everybody, Is there any limits to the amount of memory that can be allocated inside a DLL? I am creating the following array inside a dll: double array [150000]; //crashes On calling the dll from the application, the error message says: "unhandled exception ..... 0xC00000FD: Stack Overflow" I noted that an array of size 15000 works that made me wonder if there is a memory-size constraint. any insights would be appreciated. you are probably trying to declare that array within a function body. the problem is that the array is then allocated on the stack, which only has a ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Change paper size w/ WinXP
I recently updated to Win XP. In Excel 2000, I just noticed that when I do page setup, the paper size can't be selected. It is grayed out. I'd still guess that printer driver. Don wrote: > > I recently updated to Win XP. In Excel 2000, I just > noticed that when I do page setup, the paper size can't be > selected. It is grayed out. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Help system broken
I need a way in Outlook 2003 to use the help system. It currently seems incapable of functioning without trying to figure out if I have office 2007, which requires that I enable scripting, which is going to happen whenever hell freezes over or Bill Gates declares that Apple has won, whichever comes first. There is absolutely no reason for help to care. Help text is help text. I don't want my display "optimized", I want the content I paid for. I do not want it going out to the Internet for help, I want to read the local files, and they work perfectly fine in my current browse...