Merge Contacts

I have an Access file that has over 500 contacts in it.  Several times a year,
I want to send this information to multiple users across the nation.  They
already have these contacts in Outlook.  What I'm looking to do is find a way
that they can override the existing contact with the new contact information.
There is already a duplicate contact finder in Outlook, but that uses the
"File As" field as the comparison.  My issue with that is the names often
change (married so last name changes, death of spouse, etc.).

Things I'm looking for as options:
1) VBA code or macro that would compare a specified field (I have unique
contact ID in a field for this) and update just like the existing duplicate
contact finder instead of the "File As" field.
2) Program that would do this.  I don't want close to 50 people have to pay
for a program is I can help it.
3) Any other suggestions/ideas.

I can either send the contacts to the other users as an Excel file, Access
file, .pst file and have them import into a temporary folder and then merge,
or basically any other way possible.

I am using Access 2007, Outlook 2007, Windows XP.

I've inquired on an Access forum and no answer, so thought I'd try here as
well.

Thanks,
Jeff

prairiewind

Merge Date Field
Hi Can anybody tell me if it is possible to force a date merge field to display the UK day/month/year format in Publisher 2003? Its not the same as Word where you can display the field codes and force it to show the required format. Thank you... Su Su <Su@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can anybody tell me if it is possible to force a date merge field to > display the UK day/month/year format in Publisher 2003? > Its not the same as Word where you can display the field codes and > force it to show the required format. Is the date format s...

How can I merge all my emails in outlook
How can I merge all my emails in outlook On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:31:02 -0700, Gaston <Gaston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I merge all my emails in outlook Please ask in an Outlook forum. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing and may have misled you. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] "Gaston" <Gaston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6DDF8A0-0AD9-4D3D-ADF9-F9200C0D4D89@microsoft.com... > How can I merge all my emails in outlook ...

merging the values of a field in a subreport
helloi am trying to prepare route cards for travels. I am preparing theseroute cards in an access reports. the route points, the stops oftravel, has been provided in a routeno-stop table. I am trying tomerge the values for a particular travel. for example, the table is asfollowsroute no: stops1 museum1 sports centre1 tennis court2 zoo2 city hallwhat i want is merging these values asfor 1: museum-sports centre-tennis courtfor2 : zoo-city hallis it possible and how?...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

Outlook Not Using My Contacts For Email
Hi All I just reinstalled WinXP and Outlook 2002. I re-imported my Personal Folder, and everything seemed OK, except that Outlook seems to not be finding some email addresses from my visible Contacts. Previously I had a similar problem where email addresses were fetched from another, old Contacts set from an older version of my Personal Folder. Somone here kindly showed me how to select the folder used for email addresses, but unfortunately that message (which I saved) seems to have disappeared during my OS re-install. Help! Thanks, Chris Go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View...

money2003 merge files
Is there a way to merge two money files (.mny)into one? thanks, dave See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q90. "daveb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ef001c393e8$b24ea4a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to merge two money files (.mny)into one? ...

publisher printing wiht mail merge
I am having trouble printing a postcard in Publisher. I am using mail merge to insert names on one side, and address on side two. It currently prints page one, then immediately page 2.I do not have time to change the paper.So, I followed the directions online to make two separate files..one for page one, and one for page two, print one...reverse the paper, print two. The problem then is the names do not print in the correct order. It is not the order of the pages that prints incorrectly, it is the names in the greeting line on the front of the postcard do not match up with the name ...

Search Folders Tricked by Using Email from Contacts
I did search around this group to see if this had been answered - some were close - but I couldn't find the exact problem. Anyway I have a search folder setup called "Rcvd from John Doe". I setup the criteria with John Doe in the "From" specification and myself in the "To" specification. When I populated the "From" specification, I selected "John Doe" from my contacts. My problem is that I now find that the search folder does not include emails that were initiated by Mr. Doe. Here's what appears to be happening: The John Doe in my...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

How do you merge fields in a Publisher post card?
I am trying to print post cards to my students...4 per page. However, it seems I am only to insert or merge their names and addresses using Microsoft Word. My post cards in Publisher print 4 per page to the same student. When you merge postcards there can only be one card on the screen. If you are looking at print preview, it will reflect the same data on each card, this is a bug. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B C-ing 4 D Solution! �" <B C-ing 4 D Solution! �@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Getting CRM fields into outlook contacts?
Can someone point me to how to get one of my CRM fields (parent account) to show up in outlook contacts. I know that in outlook I have to customize current view and add the fields, just am not sure how I get that field to show up from CRM. Thanks. ...

Merging a CSV and XLS file automatically
Hi, I have a csv fles on the network derive that is being updated every night. I need to automatically put the CSV data into the first worksheet of another XLS file and make it available for users. I can have a scheduled task runs and merge the CSV into the XLS file. What would be the easiest/automated way to do that? Thank you, Max Sounds like you need an auto_open macro in your workbook which you are opening as a scheduled task. -- mrice Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience --------------------------------------------------------...

Merging Access w/- How do I get different address on 2 prints per
I have created some post cards for my department. One side (one file) has the same information on every card. The second side (second file) has unique information on each card. The post cards are 4.25 x 6, so I am able to post two per page; however, I am getting the same address twice on each page. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!! -- - Kristy Land Create two different publications, one for the merge and one for the other side. When you merge, you can only have one card on your screen. Type your card measurements in the page setup. Measure the margins and gaps on your...

Removing duplicate contacts from the database
Hi, I did not found any feature, which can be used to remove duplicate contacts in the CRM. Once it is imported into the CRM system duplicates are difficult to remove, more over only two elements can be merge at a time. Can any body suggest, how to remove duplicates? Thanks, Gagan This functionality is not availbale out of the box, however, there are a few 3rd party add-ins that are geared towards duplicate detection. "Gagan" wrote: > Hi, > > I did not found any feature, which can be used to remove duplicate contacts > in the CRM. Once it is imported into the ...

Merge information from Excel to Access
Hi, I am currently an english student living in Qu�bec.. Im working for a company who wants me to use access but I am onl familiar with excel. They don`t speak english, and I speak limited french so Im looking t the internet for a question to be answered. I am currently typing up information about historic buildings i Qu�bec, and they want me to make it a database, they havn`t gotte Access yet so they want me to type it in excel first. Can you import excel information over into access? or will I have t retype everything. Thanks for the help -- xyouareherex Try lookig here: http://off...

Can I merge 2 Profiles files into one?
I recently changed an email account and set up a new Profile. I'm using Outlook 2003. This has caused complications and I'd like to now combine all past emails into one profile, preferably into one of the existing profiles and continue to use just that. Is this possible to do? You can either import the mail from the second pst or use File, Open, Outlook data file and move or copy it - or use two psts. Search for *.pst to locate the second file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSt...

Help with Merging
Is it possible to merge workbooks so that I can take data from them all to make a chart? If so how is this done? I have a workbook for every month and need many numbers from each workbook to make some charts to see what progress we are having. Any help would be great! You should just be able define your data range regardless of whether it's in the same workbook or not. You can have multiple sets of data be drawn into one chart, from several workbooks. First, open up the workbooks you want to draw data from (in addition to the one where you will have the graph). Start the Graph...

Autofit Merged Cells? Can we do this?
I have a row that has merged column cells. Even if I choose autofit, it will not autofit. Is tehre a way to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you search the group archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* using "merge autofit" (without quotes) as search terms, you'll find many posts on this topic, including links to a macro by Jim Rech that may work for you. In article <kenji4861.vwe00@excelf...

Problem Contact Import
I would like to import all contacts with a « client parent » field, in other words, the field which makes the link between the accounts and the contacts. However, there is a problem with the importations. Contacts having a “client parent” field filled in, are not created. I have the following error : 0x80040356 “The source data is not in the required format".I do not know if there is any link between the fact that the module "Data Migration Manager", has not been installed ; till now, it has never be a problem, with the different imports. Is this field can be m...

I Can't Mail Merge in Outlook Client :(
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge through the CRM Outlook Client. When the instruction says to goto Actions and then Mail Merge, I don't see Mail Merge. I also noticed in the Notes section it says: "This feature may not be available to you. If you need to use this feature, but cannot, see your system administrator or manager to get the appropriate security privileges." I am the system administrator and have system administrator rights on everything but I do not know how to enable this feature. Can somebody please help??? I'm desperate and will do anything to g...

Combining records for merge to Word
I have a data list of names and addresses in an excel worksheet. Each row of the worksheet contains the name, address, city, state, zip of an individual. There may be multiple individuals with the same address. I would like to merge and mail only one letter. For example to the Smith Family as opposed to two letters, one to Sam Smith and one to Sally Smith. How do I accomplish this? -- lpd you must have the headings e..name and address clik data(menu)-filter-advancefilter in the advance filter window against >list range> give the column of addresses only (click the window on...

Assign Contact to specific Email account
I use Outlook 2007 and have it handle 4 different email accounts of mine. Is there a way to assign a contact to a specfic account? Example: Accounts me@email.com metoo@email.com methree@email.com Default: me@email.com Contact: Mickey Mouse When I email Mickey Mouse I want it to be sent automatically from methree@email.com with out having to select ACCOUNT from the ribbon. Thanks B Nope, that is not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Down...

How to merge cell?
Hi, is it possible to merge cells in Excel like the table in Word? For example, is it possible to merge cells in B2C5 as one cell, so that text input there can be larger but not influence on other surrounding cells such B6,B7, B8, D2, D3, D4, ... Thanks! First, merging cells makes lots of things much more difficult--I try not to use it. But if you need to: select B2:C5 format|cells|Alignment tab|check merge cells. Min wrote: > > Hi, is it possible to merge cells in Excel like the table in Word? For > example, is it possible to merge cells in B2C5 as one cell, so that text >...

Catalog merge for tel directory
I am trying to create a telephone directory for my church using the catalog merge feature in P2003. The data source is Excel. Is there a way to suppress any fields under a person's name that do not contain data? Thanks much. In the print dialogue there is a check-off, "Don't print lines that contain only empty fields." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:O$p38yPWGHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am trying to create a telephone d...

Mail merge 01-08-10
I am trying to set up my mail merge but when I preview the recepients name is listed twice such as Bob & Betty Boop Bob & Betty Boop Dear Bob & Betty Boop Bob & Betty Boop Any ideas on what I am doing wrong Thanks! It would appear that you've inserted each merge field twice. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jennie C" <JennieC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07FED880-D631-417A-BA9F-B58423C89115@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up my...