Merge Contacts

I have an Access file that has over 500 contacts in it.  Several times a year,
I want to send this information to multiple users across the nation.  They
already have these contacts in Outlook.  What I'm looking to do is find a way
that they can override the existing contact with the new contact information.
There is already a duplicate contact finder in Outlook, but that uses the
"File As" field as the comparison.  My issue with that is the names often
change (married so last name changes, death of spouse, etc.).

Things I'm looking for as options:
1) VBA code or macro that would compare a specified field (I have unique
contact ID in a field for this) and update just like the existing duplicate
contact finder instead of the "File As" field.
2) Program that would do this.  I don't want close to 50 people have to pay
for a program is I can help it.
3) Any other suggestions/ideas.

I can either send the contacts to the other users as an Excel file, Access
file, .pst file and have them import into a temporary folder and then merge,
or basically any other way possible.

I am using Access 2007, Outlook 2007, Windows XP.

I've inquired on an Access forum and no answer, so thought I'd try here as
well.

Thanks,
Jeff

prairiewind

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Lost my contact folders in Outlook 2003
Actually, I lost them only in the Folder List. They still appear in My Contacts but are just for looking at - clicking on them (right or left) does nothing. I'm assuming because of both of the above symptoms that those folders are actually gone. Fortunately, I had a backup pst and I've copied the contact folders back over to my current pst but now the missing and unclickable contact folders are still listed in My Contacts along with the actual and usable ones. How can I get rid of the useless folders listed in My Contacts that don't appear in the Folder List? Thanks ...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

About blocked contacts ?
It seems lately that a wide number of unwanted persons use some sort of tool to search the web for email-adresses, hotmail preferably. Those attempts to add me on their contactlist, result a blocking and denial from my part. However, the list grows bigger by each month. I guess that there are no current solution to this unwanted "phenomena" ? It will for the future also be impossible to remove such unwanted contacts and hope that MSN also provides such that my adress is removed from THEIR list too ? I dont want some twisted CAM-hooker on my lists, come on... Gr...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Directly opening contacts folder without opening outlook
I wanted to know if there is any way to open the contact folder directly without opening outlook 2002? I sometimes need to open contacts in a hurry and opening the entire outlook takes some time in my case. I have a feeling this is possible because once I open outlook and right click 'contacts' folder in the folder list pane on the left side and select "open in new window", the contacts or opened in a new window. I want this exact window to be opened but without opening outlook. I am hoping there are some command line shortcuts appended to exe file which might do th...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

how to Backup contacts in outlook
Good Morning, I have a sales guy who has recently overwritten all of his contacts with his smartphone, this cannot happen again. I would simply like to back up my huge contacts list in outlook.... just in case. Thanks "James Landon" <jlandon@pioneertool.com> wrote in message news:-6Gdned1er6f71vVnZ2dnUVZ_v7inZ2d@posted.choiceonecommunications... > I have a sales guy who has recently overwritten all of his contacts with > his smartphone, this cannot happen again. I would simply like to back up > my huge contacts list in outlook.... just in case. http://www....

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

Contacts there, but not linking to email. Please assist.
VER: Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003 (11.6359.6408) SP1 Imported the outlook.pst file from one computer over to my desktop. (ie. deleted the default outlook.pst and replaced it with the one from my laptop) Contacts are full and I can see all the info, however, when I compose a new email and click on the TO:, or CC: button, the Select Names window pops up, and I have the "Show Names from the:" scroll box showing: [Outlook Address Book] but in the main window, it says in BOLD: "No entries in this Address Book" Any ideas? I am wondering if there is a distinction betw...

Merging .pst files
Over the last couple of years I have been working from both a desktop and a laptop computer when travelling (both running XP but with Outlook 2007 and 2003, respectively; but I'm told that shouldn't have any impact as they use the same type of .pst file system). I have copied outlook,pst files from one to another to ensure I'm always working with a current file. However, during those years, I have not always understood how to manage that process. Fortunately, I've always saved the old .pst file in case I screw something up. Well, I have screwed something up....

Wrap text in merged cells
Hi, I have a complicated spreadsheet which results in a nicely presented report in which l need the user to input some narrative. To preserve the look and feel of the report l would like the user to be able to input the narrative on a single row, restricted to say 6 columns. The row height needs to adjust automatically dpendent on the amount of text entered. It seems a simple problem but l have tried many methods without success. Anybody got any idea's on how to do this ? All replies greatly appreciated. Regards Michael Beckinsale. You have a problem because: >>restricted t...

New to Forms-adding a field uses the "old" contact form
I am new to modifying Outlook forms and recently had a co-worker ask about adding fields to the Contact form. Things seems to be OK as I have created some user defined fields, added them to the contact form, and published the forms so that works OK. the problem is that I am using Outlook 2007 and when I go into Tools-Forms-Design a Form...and select the Contact form, I get the "old" contact form look from 2003. 1) How do I find and select the "new" contact form for Outlook 2007? 2) Is this possible? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks! Juggle...

Contacting Money Programmers
I have a feature suggestion that was in the earlier versions of Money, however they removed the feature for Money 2006. Who can I contact? The feature has to do with the "Bills" section. Under the old versions of Money, a user was able to click on certain bills or deposits at a time and a balance of your checking account would be displayed. This was a very helpful feature in figuring out if you would have enough money to pay those bills. Thanks. It was removed in M02, added back in for M03 or 4 and removed again in M06. Apparently they really don't like this feature. ...

Sharing Contacts on a Peer-To-Peer Network
Is it possible to share contacts across a peer-to-peer network? The scenario is all XP PRO sp1 computers running OutLook 2003. The client would like all of the workstations to use one common contacts database. TIA. -- Regards, Allan C No Exchange? Then no, you can't do it natively with Outlook but you can do it with a third party toollike http://tinyurl.com/3o8fm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Allan C" <allanc7@hotmail.com...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...