links in e-mail outlook 2007

web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked

"jfrank" <jfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked

Search this group using the term "hyperlink". You will fine PAGES of
questions and answers about this.

0
Gordon
11/26/2009 4:51:39 PM
jfrank wrote:

> web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked

I doubt that was the actual error message generated by Outlook.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it.  You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post.  Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing.  If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation.  Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them.  If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
  http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
  http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to Usenet.
Despite the appearance of a forum, you are participating in a newsgroup
(Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
  http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
  http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
  like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
- Provide sufficient context on when the error occurs or how to
  reproduce it.
0
VanguardLH

Change link between form and subform

Problem Printing out Outlook Contacts
I'm using Outlook 2007 as part of Microsoft Office Small Business. Today I tried to print out a contact listing for the first time (installed only a couple of months ago so I don't know if this has been a problem the whole time or if my problem "just started") when I print out all my Contacts, Outlook is merging the names of some of my contacts and using the address of one of the contacts. Example: Mary Smith Mark Sutter 123 Main st. anytown , USA 12345 prints out when in fact Mary Smith and Mark Sutter are 2 separate contacts with 2 different addresses. ...

outlook blocked access
getting the following message on one of our sales computers when a customer attempts to send a document signature_.pdf.url Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments. 1st what is a pdf.url ? some type of adobe document but what ?? How do i keep Outlook from blocking this ?? it could be a virus/worm. (they use a double tapped extension to fool the user into thinking that it is a safe attachment type like *.pdf) has the user written back the sender to confirm that it was something they sent to them? "m macon" <maconm@earthlink.net> wrote in m...

Outlook 2003 name resolution
I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just stopped responding. They type the first few letters, and usually the drop down appears with option, but now it doesnt. Any ideas? We are using OL2003 w. SP1 on WinXP boxes.... Thanks in advance.... Chris Chris <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> wrote: > I have had a few people ask why one day all of a sudden, when they > type in the first few characters, the auto name resolution just > stopped responding. > > They type the first few l...

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

How do I import OE .dbx files into outlook?
Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important OE .dbx files. How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can access the content? Simon wrote: > Old machine crashed but had fortunately backed up data, including important > OE .dbx files. > > How do I import these .dbx files into outlook (no longer have OE) so I can > access the content? Why do you no longer have OE on the old machine that crashed that we are to assume where you will reinstall the same version of Windows that before had OE? See http...

outlook icon in status bar?
I have a small icon in the outlook status bar since 1 day. It is a harddisk connected to a network and there is a red cross thorugh the network. ANy idea what it means. Everything seems to be working fine. It probably means you're working offline. Try clicking "Work Offline" on the File menu to toggle back to Online mode. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:047e01c3cd30$c1da2850$a301280a@phx.gbl, robp wrote: > I have a small ico...

Mails Combined
HI, I mistakenly delete all mails from Inbox and then found them on the deleted Items and selected all and ask to move folders back to Inbox. the problem is all mails were combined into one email and moved back in to Inbox as a single email. How do i go back to the original version. How do i uncombined all the mails in to individual mails from the right recipient? Please help ASAP.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Setting up Outlook 2003 #2
I am in the process of setting up Outlook 2003 on my new computer. I believe I may have click the wrong answer and have put in incorrect information for outlook to start. I keep getting a box that ask for Username and passcode. When I put in the information I think it should be, I receive this message: Unable to open your default e-mail. The file C:\Documents and Setting\Owner\Local Setting\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. Please tell me what I should do. When I click OK. Outlook closes. Thanks. -- Trying to keep up with technology G...

Cannot send E-Mails, but can Receive them -- Outlook 2003
Okay, I'm completely baffeled by this one. I have two Windows XP machines (one desktop and one laptop), both with Service Pack 2 (and up to date), and both have Outlook 2003 installed on them. I've set them both up with the exact same account with the exact same account configuration options; the desktop sends and receives just as it should, the laptop can only receive. On the Laptop, when I go into the "E-Mail Accounts" configuration screen and click on the "Test Account Settings..." button, a dialog box comes up with two tabs. The first tab shows that th...

Send e-mail to newly created user
I know I can change the Welcome.msg file to customize the Welcome message generated when Outlook is first started. I want this welcome message to be initiated from the server and not the client. I can write a script, looking at the creation date of a user and send it an e-mail and schedule this script. But is there another way to this? Thanx. On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 04:52:02 -0700, Gerdo Lansing <GerdoLansing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know I can change the Welcome.msg file to customize the Welcome message >generated when Outlook is first started. >I want this welcom...

Location of outlook emails
Hello all, I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into another computer. Can anyone tell me where the email data is kept so I can pull off those old emails? Thanks in advance for your help! Jen search the drive for "*.ost" or "*.pst" "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263401c427de$a8478960$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I > recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into &...

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...

OFFICE 2007 ENTERPRISE english version
I have an original CD with OFFICE 2007 ENTERPRISE hebrew version. In order to install the english version (menu/toolbars in english but all the documents features available in both languages) i asked from the vendor for and I get a supplementary CD (MS-OFFICE-ENG-SLP). How can I install the software, the hebrew OFFICE first and after that the english kit or invers? Thank's - Niki Here you will find the Phone numbers and email addresses as to where and whom to contact about Office Enterprise and your issue. Scroll down to the bottom of page to North America or to the nearest s...

Mail Merge Empty Lines
How do I mail merge postcards and remove empty lines in the address? ex. Name, Company, address, city, state, zip but some of my addresses don't have company name/ There is a check off in the Print Merge screen *Don't print lines that contain only empty fields.* Do a test from the print screen if you are unsure. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Karena" <Karena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E9E6815-1468-46BF-9288-2381A08E3BC8@microsoft.com... > How do I mail merge postcards and remove empty lines in the address? ex. > Name, Compa...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Outlook Ldap distribution groups
Hello all, does anyone know how to setup distribution groups for Outlook in the LDAP directory. I am using corp LDAP and can create security and distribution groups in AD with email addresses associated with them, but when you select them from ldap list, they come back undeliverable. I have a couple of other posts on this and nobody seems to have the answer. Can anyone help?? ...

Mailing system for access
Hi We have an in-house access app which runs on windows LAN. We are looking for an email newsletter mailing solution that can work with contacts data from the access app. Currently I am looking at this; http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp. The problem is this does not access data straight from an access database. Does anyone have had experience with this? Anything that works well with access? Any recommendations would be appreciated? Thanks Regards On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:11:19 +0100, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >We have an in-house...

Cascading Messages in Outlook 2003
This has been annoying me since the day I installed Outlook 2003 over my Express 6.0 Cascading messages: sometimes when I have a conversatin going on the same subject with multiple receipients, Outlook cascades messages, in a Message Board format, so you can see the 'chain' of replies like this: bob@aol.com susan@aol.com eric@yahoo.com and so on.... Other times, Outlook decides it doesn't want to cascade the messages, so it just lists them on top of one another, like this: bob@aol.com susan@aol.com eric@aol.com Why is that? I check all settings under Views, ...