Is office live small business and Outlook 2007 the answer?

Does Office Live Small Business provide a way to sync my outlook files on
multiple computers and online?  I have Office Pro 2007 on all computers and
domain registration, email, etc. with Yahoo. Right now, keeping my email,
calendar, etc. organized between multiple computers and yahoo mail is a
nightmare. I have a NAS server in my office but that has not provided a
solution for us. Self-hosted applications are out of my price range and I
don't have the technical expertise to support them.  There has to be a better
way to manage everything.  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

The design of Outlook is such that it does not inherently allow syncing of
information between multiple PC's. The assumption is that you're only using
one PC. So if you have a machine at work, a laptop and another machine at
home, and work with Outlook on all three, you can't have it sync as each
machine will have Contacts, Mail, Calendar Items, etc on them that were
created when you were using the machine. If something is created on your
laptop, such as a Calendar Item, there is no way to formally sync that to
another machine. You'll need to go with Exchange. Fortunately, you can find
Exchange hosting plans that are quite affordable - $10-ish dollars a month.

"gmlthink" <gmlthink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Office Live Small Business provide a way to sync my outlook files on
> multiple computers and online?  I have Office Pro 2007 on all computers
> and
> domain registration, email, etc. with Yahoo. Right now, keeping my email,
> calendar, etc. organized between multiple computers and yahoo mail is a
> nightmare. I have a NAS server in my office but that has not provided a
> solution for us. Self-hosted applications are out of my price range and I
> don't have the technical expertise to support them.  There has to be a
> better
> way to manage everything.  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

0
David
2/6/2010 4:42:51 PM
There are a number of tools at www.slipstick.com for syncing
You could also use an imap account

"gmlthink" <gmlthink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Office Live Small Business provide a way to sync my outlook files on
> multiple computers and online?  I have Office Pro 2007 on all computers
> and
> domain registration, email, etc. with Yahoo. Right now, keeping my email,
> calendar, etc. organized between multiple computers and yahoo mail is a
> nightmare. I have a NAS server in my office but that has not provided a
> solution for us. Self-hosted applications are out of my price range and I
> don't have the technical expertise to support them.  There has to be a
> better
> way to manage everything.  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

0
DL

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel 2007

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

Grammar check not working

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003