Integrating Outlook Calendar & Access

I've searched thru this forum and thru the Access forum and can't find
exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I
have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the
outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to
view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access?
Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access
database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine
that?

I tried creating a linked table with Outlook successfully and did connect to
my  calendar via Linked Tables however, when I look at the outlook calendar
in my Access database it's missing the date of the event. It has almost
everything else, but no date which I need to check for duplicates with my
access database.

I used both Outlook() and Exchange() as the type for the table link and got
the same results.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your insight...

Can't someone please take a minute and let me know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

"PeterM" wrote:

> I've searched thru this forum and thru the Access forum and can't find
> exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I
> have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the
> outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to
> view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access?
> Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access
> database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine
> that?
>
> I tried creating a linked table with Outlook successfully and did connect to
> my  calendar via Linked Tables however, when I look at the outlook calendar
> in my Access database it's missing the date of the event. It has almost
> everything else, but no date which I need to check for duplicates with my
> access database.
>
> I used both Outlook() and Exchange() as the type for the table link and got
> the same results.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks for your insight...

Reconfigure Outlook
We are moving our CRM server and will be connecting to the same database. How do we configure Outlook. Do we need to reinstall? ...

Outlook send and delete Macro/VBA
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I am trying to program on option for Outlook which will send a message and then delete the message from the sent items folder. Useful for all those emails that just say "thank you". We use an email server but I assume this will not make a huge difference. Any help much appreciated. I have just started with VBA in Excel, so all very new. Kind regards, Danny For lots of information about coding for Outlook see www.outlookcode.com. The Outlook MailItem object has a Boolean property DeleteAfterSubmit. If that is set to True then no copy of the sent ...

write DOS command to startup/close outlook
Hi, I would like to write a command to startup/close outlook in DOS prompt, can somebody give me some help for this? Is Outlook.exe brings the command-line switches to startup or close the program outlook? Regards Yiqing.Qian ...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Outlook 2007 Autoarchive help
On my windows XP Pro SP3 I have Office 2007 SP2 Professional also on my Vista PC SP2 I run Office 2007 SP2 On both it seems the autoarchive feature is not working. I have set the autoarchive option on each folder I have I selected the option to permantly delete the items. Also I have RSS Feeds and they seem not to be deleting either. The RSS Feed folders are set to delete items after 2 days. I still have items from last week. I just go to the folder choose properties the select autoarchive tab and make my settings I checked the settings several times and they are still set to what I choose....

Using Outlook Object Lib while Outlook is running
Running VB6 on Win7 x64. Is there a way of getting my vb6 app to be able to use the outlook 11 object lib while outlook 2003 is running? Set olk = New Outlook.Application works fine when outlook is not running on my machine, but when I have Outlook 2003 running, I get "ActiveX component can't create object" Is there a way of letting this be shared? D In article <MPG.264e21f767ef30e19896fe@news.onecommunications.net>, ns_dkerber@ns_warrenrogersassociates.com says... > > Running VB6 on Win7 x64. > > Is there a way of getting my vb...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Outlook is slowing down...
I am using Outlook 2000 on a (1.2 ghz) Windows XP machine with 256 megs of RAM. The program has gotten slow lately. Sometimes I will click one of Outlook's pull-down menus and it will take 10 seconds before it appears. It is the same with clicking the Send button in the toolbars. I thought is was an antispam program that I loaded but I have since completely uninstalled that program and it hasn't improved the problem. Any ideas? Thanks, D. Are you deleting unneeded messages? Thousands may weigh your system down. >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2000 on a (...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Populate Acrobat pdf file from Access
I have a database that I created a few years back that uses the activex installation of the old Adobe Acrobat FDF tookit. My code creates an fdf using fields from my form and then opens the corresponding pdf. The end result is that Access populates my pdf's for me. Now for my problem... I now have a computer with Windows Vista on it. I can't find a way to install the FDF toolkit. The way I had to do it before was to copy two files to the "system" folder and run this from a command prompt... "regsvr32 fdfacx.dll" and then the same for fdftk.dll When I ...

Exchange 2003 Calendar Problem
I am running a single Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 native domain. At one remote division I have a problem where user can not access shared calendars and get the following message when attempting to view a calendar: Unable to display the folder. Cannot open the mailbox for this user because the user does not have a server mailbox. You most likely attempted to open the mailbox for a user who is not part of your Exchange Server organization (either not part of your network, is external to your company, or is part of a segment of your e-mail server confi...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

problem sending mail with OE but not with Outlook
hi, Not sure if anyone have had this problem before and asked in the newsgroup, anyway, I'm having problem sending mail with Outlook Express, no problem with smtp server, connection, anti virus or anything as I've setup the same account with Outlook in the same machine and manage to send mail. Any advise? thank you ...

Journals in Outlook 2000
I've got a user who uses the Journal feature in Outlook 2000 and wants to know if it can record non MS data? He wants Outlook to record entries from his CAD program. Will Outlook handle non MS programs in the Journal? Thanks, John No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, AnytimeAnywhere asked: | I've got a user who uses the Journal feature in Outlook 2000 and | wants t...

Calendar Print Assistant won't install
I need to tweak my calendar - it cuts off print after one line, prints too small, etc. So I came across Calendar Print Assistant, but it won't install. I was using a non-geniuine version of Office, and wanted this calendar assist program so much I bought a legit version and installed it. But the installation of the assistant program says "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. One or more copies of MS Office installed on this computer are not genuine." It asks if I want to resolve this issue, and it takes me to a MS page that verifies that I am running a le...

Outlook 2003 choppy
I just purchased Office 2003 Professional and installed it. I'm using XP, Pent 4, 256 MB Ram, and a 40 gig HD. I've noticed that Outlook is rather choppy, or runs kinda slow sometimes. Is this a common prob or is it my comp. Word 2003 runs great though, as opposed to Word 2002 which ran slow. I'm sure more RAM would help, but is there anything else that can be done? Also, I've heard that having a ton of MP3's (2.5 gigs) will slow your computer down. I've also heard that it won't. What's the real deal? Define Choppy! Having that many MP3s on your comp...

Is there a date picker for Access 2003 ?
I don't find it from Tools. Thanks. Jeff Conrad lists a number of alternatives at http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/calendars.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7D9ECC2-CC77-4577-97D6-1805D36C0C9B@microsoft.com... >I don't find it from Tools. > > Thanks. ...

Outlook Express takes 2 min to load
I connect to the net and click on Outlook Express, it takes almost 2 minutes to come up completely. Then I have to click send/receive mail, cancel, and send/recieve again to get my mail to come up (I only have to do this if Outlook Express comes up before I am completely connected to the internet. This all happened around the time I got rid of MSN Messenger because of their excessive pop-ups. This has been happening for about 6 months, I have searched here and there for answers with no luck. I tried uninstalling Internet Explorer since Outlook Express is a componant of I.E. and re-i...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

sending & retrieving excel data in body of outlook email
I have a handed down assignment to collect weekly employee whereabouts of 300+ in a spreadsheet. Currently the spreadsheet is updated each week by sending out an e-mail asking for state, city, client, and contact # (example: PA, Glenside, Rohm Haas, 555-555-5555). When the info is received by me I must cut and paste the info from the e-mail into an excel spreadsheet per that employee's name. There has got to be a better way. I am not a programmer but I am application savvy. HELP This takes way to much time the way it is done currently. Hi mismarple See Dick's site http://www.d...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Outlook .ost file
One of my colleagues uses synchronized folders in Outlook. His info. is stored in an outlook.ost file. He is getting a new laptop and I need to copy his data from one laptop to the other. Everything I read says you need to copy the .pst file but he doesn't appear to have one. Is that possible? Can I simply copy his .ost file to his new laptop (will it import?). How do I go about doing that? MaryC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of my colleagues uses synchronized folders in Outlook. His info. > is stored in an outlook.ost file. He is getting a new lap...

Outlook 2007
Hi: OS: Windows XP SP3. I don't use outlook or outlook express for mail etc. I just installed Outlook 2007, to use as a sync tool for my Nokia N900. Now, when I open Outlook 2007, the first panel that shows is the "In" mailbox. Is there a way where I can make a change so that the calendar will show first when I open Outlook 2007? I have looked for "preferences" or some such place, but can not find any. Thanks a heap! Johnn _________________________ John _________________________ "God is dead" -- Nietzsche (1844-1900) "Nietzs...

save changes to calendar
I have Publisher 2003 and would like to make a calendar. How to save changes to the design, and then be able to apply modified design across any selected date range? I do not want to go in and modify each and every page. Thanks for your help. The only workaround is to modify your first month, copy/paste, edit the numbers and the month name. Insert 11 pages, one for each month. Calendars are tables, changing the numbers is easy. Getting publications to look the way we desire always takes a little work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Amygdala" <Amygdala@discuss...

How to abort large message (3MB) stuck in outbox in Outlook 2003?
Sometimes Outlook will send but not receive. Then it will receive but not send. At present it has become stuck in forwarding an attached 3MB file. I cant't stop it and it won't complete the transmission. What to do? "Zhenya" <Zhenya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80905902-6419-4D69-931E-11675615DE4F@microsoft.com... > Sometimes Outlook will send but not receive. Then it will receive but not > send. At present it has become stuck in forwarding an attached 3MB file. > I > cant't stop it and it won't complete the trans...