Instant search of emails (10,000) fails

Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two
and again fails

A Form for searching information
Sorry this may be a very stupid questions to all of you... I have a form based on a single table (say, tblStudent) with a key field, say, StudentID. I want to design a form which on entering an ID into the StudentID control, the remaining information from the tblStudent will be populated into a form automatically. How can I do this? Do I need to use macros? Thanks for your advice. "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8695B0A7-00DC-4B48-BE87-13C2CF40BA74@microsoft.com... > Sorry this may be a very stupid questions to all of you... > >...

GP 10 Feature: A4
What is the A4 feature? I assume this is not a separate module. We do use A4 paper from time to time but I don't remember an similar option on v8 from which we are going to upgrade. A4 for is a fantastically useful module for anyone who uses sensible paper sizes! Basically, it replaces all the built-in GP graphical reports (e.g Invoices, Remittances) to be formatted for use with A4 paper. There is a bug, however, in the A4 version of the Blank Invoice Form / Blank History Invoice Form in the Invoicing module that causes every invoice on the system to be included on the printout. If y...

Can out-of-office assistance and email
Hi, I have a quick question. Can out-of-office assistance and email forwarding be using together? Last week, user A passed away. I configure all the email to user A forward to user B. I also turn on the out-of-office assistance for user A to let the people know about the fact that user A is no longer available when they email user A. However, when I tried to message user A, I won't able to get the customized message that I typed in the out of office assistance.. I tried to cancel forwarding and shorten the customized message and it worked.. I don't understand why. Or do you guys have ...

Search Folder Limit?
I have created a search folder in Outlook 2003 that includes criteria to select all messages from specific people. I included 6 people and 1 distribution list, but it doesn't seem to pick up all of the different folks I added. These contacts were added from the Global Address list, not the personal contacts list. Is there a limit to the number of people or objects that you can have in a search folder criteria? I did confirm that the missing e-mails are in the inbox just like the others that ARE showing up. Thanks for any assistance! Geoff ...

Finding email received from POP, yet over send/receive limits
We have the email send and receive limited to 150k on SBS 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. We use the POP connector to retrieve outside email. We had a mailbox hit the send/receive limit, which will not send email to the users computer until it goes under the limit. The POP connector retreived the mail from the outside email and brought it to the server, but would not deliver it to the users box since it was over the limit. I cant find these POP emails. How do I find/recover them? Check here: %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail or %PROGRAMFILE...

IE8
I'm not aware of what causes this problem. After IE8 displays the homepage, a message pops up stating a program has attempted to change the default search provider .. blah blah. Bing is now the default search provide and can not be changed. The "Set as default" button does nothing. Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP3 What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the backgr...

Can't remove email acct
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

Instant runoff vote?
I am currently hosting a vote for forum logo. So far we have 13 submissions. I would like to have an instant runoff vote that allows the participants to give their 1st, 2nd and, 3rd choices. It was suggested that I use a spread sheet. I have access to Excel and wondered if anyone here had such a template already built. Not sure which group to post to so I have cross posted to 2 others. Apologies for any inconvenient cross posting. thanks ...

Send Invoices by Email
I am testing out the 2002 Trial Business Version of Money. When attempting to send a copy of an invoice/sale by email -the option is greyed out. Is this becuase it is a trial product? If not, how can I enable it? ...

subject warning before sending email
I was using Eudora before and when ever I used send a message without the subject, I always got a warning that I am sending the mail without the subject, Is there any option available for Outlook? you can code it in. refer here: http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=126 "Gerry" <Gerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228B6C4A-947C-4F3C-8917-1D2DA987063D@microsoft.com... >I was using Eudora before and when ever I used send a message without the > subject, I always got a warning that I am sending the mail without the > subject, Is there any o...

Search in outlook
Is there a way to search in outlook, so that it starts with the most recent, instead of starting with the oldest one For Outlook 2003 and previous and on Windows XP; No, the native search does not support that; it starts with the first item that is stored in the pst-file (this does not have to be the oldest in terms of received) You can do this when you install an indexing tool such as Windows Desktop Search; http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/desktopsearch/default.mspx When using Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 on Windows Vista or Windows 7, the data in Outlook...

File search question
Hello, I am having a problem searching for PDF attachemnts. My goal is to log on and then find/search for every email that has a PDF file either attached or enmbedded in the email. I have tried the standard and advanced find options and they do not seem to want to work. When I go in I choose file (outlook/Exchange), type *.*, then choose the appropriate location to look and it continually gives me a blank response. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? Is there an easier way I could do this directly at the exchange server? Thank you for your assistance. John Lloyd ...

Mechanism for sending group emails
If I sent out a group email with 200 recipients with 2mb attachment through Outlook, how does Outlook and Server handle it? Does emails go out one by one from Outlook, or server would grab all the info at once and sending out from server one by one. Also does the behavior differ between Outlook and Web interface, and Exchange vs SMTP? ...

Add BCC to emails
Hi, I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 and need to add the BCC option to my mails. I had assumed that this would have been done via the View option, but I can't find it - anyone any suggestions as to how I do it? It will need to be permanent i.e. the option to be able to send bcc to be on every email I write -- Cheers Peter (Reply to address is a spam trap - pse reply to the group) Does this help? How to reveal the Bcc box in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299804 Petert wrote: > Hi, I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 and need to add the BCC option to my &...

Exchange 2003 Email Distribution List Server Software
I need to know if there is any software that integrates into Exchange 2003 SP1 for Mail lists. Something along the lines of Listserv, but something that I can actually install on the Exchange server and make it work like a true mail list server. Something like this, http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_features.asp but something more integrated into Exchange. I'd rather not have a different box that we have to do a bunch of complex routing for. the Moderated lists is the main key here. Thanks Ikakura from Redfish - http://www.ikakura.com/ -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ------...

Junk emails by Exchange 2007
We are making use of junk email filter by Exchange 2007 at Outlook 2007. The workstations store emails at pst file, instead of Exchange server mailbox. however, we find the some junk mails go to mailbox at pst file and some junk mails go to mailbox at server mailbox. Should they all go to the junk mail folder at pst file instead of server mailbox? Thanks a lot. Tony No, that is the difference between client-side filtered or server-side filtered. The Exchange server is not involved with local pst-file. Just curious; why would you want delivery to a pst-file when you have an Excha...

Searching Newsgroup
I have several Publisher questions which have probably been asked in the past. However, all my attempts to search end up with null results. I tried the From, Subject, and body searches - all null. At times it is challenging to search the archives. Post your questions - preferably one question per post. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:230c901c45df9$f4bd40e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have several Publisher questions which have probably > been asked in the past. However, all my attempts to > search end up...

I'm copying and pasting Cisco port informaton: 2/11, 2/4, 3/10
I'm trying to copy and paste Cisco switch port information in to Excel and to be able to sort the port information so it looks like 2/1, 2/2, ...2/21, 2/22, etc. Excel treats my ports as dates and will not sort properly. Some things to try....... 1. Can you copy and paste special as Text? 2. Pre-format the cells as Text before the copy/paste. 3. Can you manipulate the data before it leaves Cisco? 4. Copy/paste to Notepad first then save as a *.txt file then open that file in Excel. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:13:07 -0800, "bigmo29" <bigmo29@disc...

Failed to contact Windows NT domain controller in Exch 5.5
I have a 5.5 server that when you select a mailbox, and click properties, it will crank for 10 or so seconds and return the message "Failed to contact Windows NT Domain Controller". I cannot display any permissions. If I clik OK, the message returns, if I click it again, Exch will display the mailbox properties. Unfortunately, the Primary Windows NT Account shows \Unknown Account, and the same error occurs if I try to change it. Strange thing is, I can browse the user names, it just will not let me designate one. AD is installed, and there is a NT4 BDC online. Replication is fi...

Can I set "search from start" as default search?
I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1 on a PC running Windows XP. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the default search so that Outlook searches all entries, including past ones. I need to do this all the time, and it's a pain to have to change the settings every time. Thanks, .. Joann ...

Emails disappearing from IMAP Inbox (AOL)
I've been using Outlook Express, Windows Mail and now Windows Live Mail to receive emails with my AOL account. I know that AOL deletes emails from their server once read and I think I used to manually copy emails to this account to a local inbox while I was using Outlook Express. Then while using Windows Mail, I shifted to POP3, because of some glitch with IMAP account. When I upgraded to Win7, WLM set up my AOL account as IMAP automatically and it seems like it's deleting read emails that are over a month old. I don't see any local inbox created by WLM but ho...

Can't open emails
I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Microsoft on another issue, then when I tried to read my emails on Microsoft Outlook they will not open. I can highlight the email and when I double click to open, nothing happens. Tried several times, also restarted computer. Help?? On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:40:20 -0700, "MShelley" <MalindaShelley@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Microsoft on >another issue, then when I tried to read my emails on >Microsoft Outlook they will not open. I can highlight the >email and when I double click...

emailing pdf
How do I email a worksheet in a pdf format. is there free software to convert to pdf format that anyone uses and recommends? -- nickp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nickp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26016 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393715 See http://www.pdf995.com/ . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "nickp" <nickp.1tezqb_1123452311.4157@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Cannot send email to Hotmail but I can to other domains
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Microsoft FrontPage Insider | January 26, 2004 Sent: 2/5/2004 7:30 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Terence Cayto' on 2/5/2004 7:32 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mailsrv.aidea.org #5.5.0 smtp;502 Command unimplemented> This is normally caused by having a Watchguard firewall. You can try creating an SMTP Connector and on it say "S...

Hiding Email Addresses
Hello, Basically I want to send out a mailing list for my business. But I don't want others to see the other customers in my mailing list or their email addresses. So I created a group to place all my customers names and email addresses. But if I choose to send this group a general email each and everyone can see each others email address and names. Is there a way I can send these emails out without everyone seeing each others email and names? Thanks I appreciate any help. Nick Pavlovich On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:12:58 -0700, "Nick" <nickpavlovich@surewest.net> ...