Inserting an excel spreadsheet into a task in outlook 2007

I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by
availing myself to the ribbon commands.

Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click
on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel
spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object is
excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit this
object you must install a program to edit this object."

Looking for answers
--
Wave Hunter

Did you install Outlook and Excel from the same Office 2007 package?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Wave Hunter" <WaveHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by
> availing myself to the ribbon commands.
>
> Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click
> on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel
> spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object
> is
> excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit
> this
> object you must install a program to edit this object."
>
> Looking for answers
> --
> Wave Hunter

0
Sue
11/29/2009 5:54:26 PM
In my case, yes, it has been installed from the same installation package.

I've seen many forums out there with this same problem, but with no replies
to answers.

Can you please provide us with something?

Thanks in advance.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you install Outlook and Excel from the same Office 2007 package?
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>      Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>     http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>

> "Wave Hunter" <WaveHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by
> > availing myself to the ribbon commands.
> >
> > Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click
> > on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel
> > spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object
> > is
> > excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit
> > this
> > object you must install a program to edit this object."
> >
> > Looking for answers
> > --
> > Wave Hunter
>

> .

bump please

"Wave Hunter" wrote:

> I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by
> availing myself to the ribbon commands.
>
> Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click
> on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel
> spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object is
> excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit this
> object you must install a program to edit this object."
>
> Looking for answers
> --
> Wave Hunter
Try running Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

ramezm wrote:

> In my case, yes, it has been installed from the same installation package.
>
> I've seen many forums out there with this same problem, but with no replies
> to answers.
>
> Can you please provide us with something?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>Did you install Outlook and Excel from the same Office 2007 package?
>>--
>>Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>>   Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
>>     Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
>>    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54
>>

>>"Wave Hunter" <WaveHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by
>>>availing myself to the ribbon commands.
>>>
>>>Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click
>>>on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel
>>>spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object
>>>is
>>>excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit
>>>this
>>>object you must install a program to edit this object."
>>>
>>>Looking for answers
>>>--
>>>Wave Hunter
>>

>>.

0
Bob
12/23/2009 9:48:56 PM
bump. Can anyone from Microsoft provide some information on this?

ramezm wrote:

> "ramezm" wrote:
>
>> "Wave Hunter" wrote:
>>
>>> I open up a task in outlook and then rightclick in the task field there by
>>> availing myself to the ribbon commands.
>>>
>>> Then I click on the "Insert" command tab and then select Table, then click
>>> on the down arrow and select excel spreadsheet. And when click on excel
>>> spreadsheet I get a dialogue box "The program used to create this object is
>>> excel. The program is not installed on you computer (but it is). To edit this
>>> object you must install a program to edit this object."
>>
>> bump please
>
> bump. Can anyone from Microsoft provide some information on this?

Stop trying to hijack someone else's thread.  Start your own NEW thread that
gives the *details* on YOUR setup and what is YOUR problem.  You never gave
any useful information for anyone to address YOUR problem.

If you want an answer from Microsoft, go to their home page and follow the
Contact Us links.  Be prepared to pay for support unless you haven't yet
consumed the 2 incident reports allocated to a retail license of Office.  If
you have an OEM license, you'll have to go back to the OEM to see if they
provide support (but then they won't be Microsoft from whom you say you want
help; else, buy support from Microsoft).

This is not a venue for free support from Microsoft.  It is Usenet.  It's a
peer community of users, just like yourself.  Anyone choosing to respond
does so voluntarily.  No one gets paid here (and probably why you posted
here).

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it.  You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post.  Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing.  If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation.  Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them.  If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
  http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
  http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to Usenet.
Despite the appearance of a forum, you are participating in a newsgroup
(Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
  http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
  http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
  like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).

Bye.
0
VanguardLH
1/20/2010 9:38:48 PM
Vanguard, why are you being so extremely rude?! What possible information do
I need to provide when the OP has explained the VERY exact same issue? That's
the point of keeping the same topics inside the same threads.

If I were to start a new thread for this same topic, it will get frowned upon.

I know very well how to get in touch with Microsoft, and regardless if this
were peer to peer, there are members of Microsoft that frequent these forums
and I ask for help from them because my own community doesn't know.

Please let lose your personal aggression elsewhere. This is a technological
forum, not MySpace.

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> ramezm wrote:

> >> bump please
> >
> > bump. Can anyone from Microsoft provide some information on this?
>
> Stop trying to hijack someone else's thread.  Start your own NEW thread that
> gives the *details* on YOUR setup and what is YOUR problem.  You never gave
> any useful information for anyone to address YOUR problem.
>
> If you want an answer from Microsoft, go to their home page and follow the
> Contact Us links.  Be prepared to pay for support unless you haven't yet
> consumed the 2 incident reports allocated to a retail license of Office.  If
> you have an OEM license, you'll have to go back to the OEM to see if they
> provide support (but then they won't be Microsoft from whom you say you want
> help; else, buy support from Microsoft).
>
> This is not a venue for free support from Microsoft.  It is Usenet.  It's a
> peer community of users, just like yourself.  Anyone choosing to respond
> does so voluntarily.  No one gets paid here (and probably why you posted
> here).
>

> --- Posting Hints ---
>
> ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it.  You want someone OTHER
> than yourself to understand your post.  Also remember that no one here is
> looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing.  If you don't
> well explain your situation by providing the details that you already know,
> don't expect others to know what is your situation.  Explain YOUR computing
> environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.
>
> Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
> from them.  If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
> (no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
> to the next post and never return to yours.
>
> What is Usenet:
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
>   http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
>   http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp
>
> When using a webnews-for-dummies interface, like Microsoft's Communities or
> Google Groups or a forum-to-Usenet proxy, those are gateways to Usenet.
> Despite the appearance of a forum, you are participating in a newsgroup
> (Usenet).
>
> How to post to newsgroups:
>   http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
>   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>   http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>   http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml
>
> Regarding error or status messages:
> - Do NOT omit the message.
> - Do NOT describe the message.
> - Do NOT summarize the message.
> - Do NOT paraphrase the message.
> - Do NOT truncate the message.
> - Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
>   like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
>
> Bye.
> .

Formulas do not work in excel.
Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new worksheets. Try going to tools-option-calculation and click automatic if it is on manual. Let me know if it works. B "Flintlock98" wrote: > Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless > we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new > worksheets. ...

Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane
Whenever I switch to Outlook Today, the Mail bar appears in the Navigation Pane. (Evidently this is the default) How do I change this, to, say, the Shortcut Bar? In other words, I want the Shortcut Bar displayed whenever I display the Outlook Today window. ...

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Problem while converting excel to csv for Special Characters
Hi All, I need to convert excel sheet data into csv format data=20 file, but while doing so for some Eastern countries, like=20 Poland, special characters in the excel sheet are getting=20 converted into junk data e.g Excel Sheet Original line - Zesp=F3l Opieki Zdrowotnej w=20 Bedzinie Line when converted to CSV - Zesp=F3? Opieki Zdrowotnej w B? dzinie Really appreciate your response on this. Thanks, Pramod I'm not sure if this will help, but I just copied your first original line into a excel worksheet (USA xl2002) and saved it as .csv. I re-imported and it looked fine. I opened t...

Insert trigger

Unable to Install Outlook'07/Unable 2 Uninstall Completely Outlook
I upgraded to Professional 2007 from 2003. Everything worked except for Outlook 2007. I am unable to access any Outlook version, I tried to uninstall Outlook 2003 but it won't completely uninstall and Outlook 2007 won't install over 2003. "The update package could not be opened..." is the message I receive when I click on Outlook 2003 shortcut, but yet in the control panel, Microsoft Standard Edition 2003 shows up but I cannot uninstall or delete. How can I get Outlook 2007 to be installed. Thank you. Shotsy;110965 Wrote: > I upgraded to Professional...

Excel related
when i opening excel application, excel with opening as default sheet2 page.whereas the default sheet1 should be open.please suggest. You may have another instance of Excel open, which has already used "Sheet1". The next available name is "Sheet2". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Thiyagu" <Thiyagu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FFB321B-1442-40E9-A4E1-748A173F8F44@microsoft.com... > when i opening excel application, exc...

Excel Re-Calc causes network traffic and very slow response times.
Platform: Excel Ver 2003 SP2 Windows XP SP2 Microsoft SBS Server 2003 Workstations: P4 2Ghz, 512 Mb Ram Problem: I have an excel file with hundreds of vlookup and indirect formulas. It has no links to any other spreadsheets. The file resides on a shared network drive on our server. When users do a recalc or change a number in the file causing a recalc it takes about 7 seconds... however after a bit of experimentation I find that if we open the file and then disconnect the workstations network cable the recalc takes less than one second ! Tried saving the file to the local drive of a workstati...

Need list of the different versions of Excel
In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8 (Microsoft Excel97). I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels, starting with the first one. I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public. Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on some prior versions depending on what features are used. Thankyou Ed Hi Ed, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F71...

Change operater in Excel formula
Hello, depending on a certain circumstances, a formula must change from "X = Y" to "X <> Y". Can this be done (e.g. using "if", or otherwise) ? Thank you in advance. Merry Christmas, H.G. Lamy You didn't give us a lot to work with, but I think you are looking for something like this... =IF(<<your condition>>,<<formula with x=y>>,<<formula with x<>y>>) -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "H.G. Lamy" <Enterplan@web.de> wrote in message news:upAoGxlhKHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

inserting hrs and minutes

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

Scheduling via MS Outlook/Exchange from POS
I'm hoping to find a way to use a custom button to call up a new appointment in Outlook. I want to create resources in Exchange that represent my delivery trucks and then schedule the delivery trucks from POS. Anyone? Thanks, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Hi Tom If you add a reference to the Microsoft Outlook library in your project you should be able to write some code to this. Setting this to be triggered by a custom button would be exactly the same procedure as what you are doing using the Al...

Recolor embeded Excel graph in PowerPoint
Is there any way to recolor an embeded Excel graph colors to match the color scheme of targeted PowerPoint file? thanks. You could create a user-defined custom chart type with the colour schem of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart. I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization between powerpoin and excel, though. - Leni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com when you say "A user-defined custom chart type" Is this "Chart>Chart type>Custom types>User-defined" ? If yes. 1. Create the same type of graph with MS Graph. 2. Add...

Excel 2000 and Chinese
Hello, Does anyone know how to set up excel 2000 to be able to type in chinese? Word 2000 works fine but I can't seem to get excel 2000 to work Thanks Mark You need to have supporting code page in your Windows, also download the Chinese Input Tools from Microsoft ... MaChii "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:eVrjPq5aFHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does anyone know how to set up excel 2000 to be able to type in > chinese? > Word 2000 works fine but I can't seem to get excel 2000 to work > > > ...

Excel Query to Access Database Locks Users
We have one computer on our network of computer using Office 2007, the rest Office 2003. When the 2007 version is in a Excel query pulling from the network database it locks the database. Any way to solve that? ...

What exactly is microsoft excel used for?
I just need to know what excel is used for. Hi Babyboo Wow, what a question!!!! It is used for so many things, that books have been written about it. Spreadsheets, Databases, to manipulate data of all sorts, by using templates, as payroll packages, invoicing systems, creation of form letters, automating tasks, and and and and "Babyboo" wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. Babyboo wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. --------- Data manipulation... ...

Outlook 2000 will not save password
I have exhausted all my abilities to get outlook 2000 to save passwords. Operating system is xp. I have checked and verified settings I have tried the repair feature I have uninstalled and reinstalled I have made sure the Security Accounts Manager is running I have tried following the instructions from microsoft knowledge based article 235861 which involves the registry. None of these have worked. My associate also uses outlook 2000 and windows xp with no password problems. My settings are identical. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!! ...

unable to see messages in outlook 2003
after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in inbox or any of the personal folders, despite successful download from mail server. have also checked filters. i had plenty of issues during setting up outlook with 2007 version & with setting up mail data folders, but it finally worked. any assistance will be appreciated. -- mahim http://forums.slipstick.com "mahim" <mahim.45jx5y@invalid> wrote in message news:mahim.45jx5y@invalid... > after setting up outlook on vista machine i am unable to see messages in > inbox o...

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Insert with a where condition