Inserting a hyperlink in Outlook 2003

My outlook will not allow (CTRL + k) to insert a hyperlink. Nothing happens.
Also if you select INSERT - HYPERLINK FROM THE MENU, it does bring up a box,
but does not have a browse feature, to browse to the correct file.

Is the cursor in the message body when you bring up the dialog or press
Ctrl+K?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"RBCA" <RBCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My outlook will not allow (CTRL + k) to insert a hyperlink. Nothing
> happens.
> Also if you select INSERT - HYPERLINK FROM THE MENU, it does bring up a
> box,
> but does not have a browse feature, to browse to the correct file.

0
Diane
11/20/2009 4:52:15 AM
RBCA wrote:

> My outlook will not allow (CTRL + k) to insert a hyperlink. Nothing happens.
> Also if you select INSERT - HYPERLINK FROM THE MENU, it does bring up a box,
> but does not have a browse feature, to browse to the correct file.

What's wrong with just entering the text for the URL (since all URLs are
text, anyway)?
0
VanguardLH
11/20/2009 6:43:16 AM
You have Outlook set as your email editor then. Switch it to Word instead;
Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"RBCA" <RBCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My outlook will not allow (CTRL + k) to insert a hyperlink. Nothing
> happens.
> Also if you select INSERT - HYPERLINK FROM THE MENU, it does bring up a
> box,
> but does not have a browse feature, to browse to the correct file.

0
Roady

Delegates problem in Outlook 2003
I have a user that is having an unusual Outlook problem. Whenever she tried to modify her delegates (Tools, Options, Delegates Tab), if she actually gets to the delegate tab at all, it literally takes an excruciating amount of time but most of the time Outlook just freezes up. Things I have done to try and rectify the problem: 1) took her out of cached mode (in or out made no difference) 2) made sure that she had all updates and patches 3) did an office repair 4) created a new profile on the chance that hers was corrupted 5) most recently uninstalled office and then reinstalled it and re-dow...

If and hyperlinks....
I have a hyperlink in a cell, which i need to delete based on another event.... I was hoping to do this using an IF function, or maybe conditional formatting, but cannot work it out.... Ill show what i mean because this can be confusing In say, cell A1, i have a hyperlink, called abc. It actually links to a webpage say, http://www.abc.co.uk. In cell B1 i have a number, which changes between 0 and 1 when the number 0 appears, i want the hyperlink to stay, but when it changes to a 1 i want the hyperlink to disappear. This is because of a macro I am trying to run... The problem is, be...

Unable to Install Outlook'07/Unable 2 Uninstall Completely Outlook
I upgraded to Professional 2007 from 2003. Everything worked except for Outlook 2007. I am unable to access any Outlook version, I tried to uninstall Outlook 2003 but it won't completely uninstall and Outlook 2007 won't install over 2003. "The update package could not be opened..." is the message I receive when I click on Outlook 2003 shortcut, but yet in the control panel, Microsoft Standard Edition 2003 shows up but I cannot uninstall or delete. How can I get Outlook 2007 to be installed. Thank you. Shotsy;110965 Wrote: > I upgraded to Professional...

Insert trigger

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane
Whenever I switch to Outlook Today, the Mail bar appears in the Navigation Pane. (Evidently this is the default) How do I change this, to, say, the Shortcut Bar? In other words, I want the Shortcut Bar displayed whenever I display the Outlook Today window. ...

hyperlinks to other websites
Hi: Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10.6308.6735)SP3. I have created a newsletter that I am planning to e-mail to my customers. I have included the first paragraph or two of articles on the web that are of interest to my clients. I have then typed in the web address and tagged it onto the bottom of the article for my clients to click on so they may get the full article and/or be brought to the web-page. I have done test e-mails to myself and the newsletter looks great, but when i try to click links nothing happens. Looking for direction to a solution to this online or support from the ...

Outlook 2003 & Act 6
Does anyone have any info on the popup message (a program is trying to access email messages....) from Outlook 2003 when using it with Act 6? I want to utilize Outlook 2003 but cannot roll it out while having this annoying popup issue. dj It's the security feature added to Outlook 2000 post SP1. Your best bet is contact ACT and see if they have a fix for it, since it needs fixed from the accessing program's side unless you use Exchange server. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

inserting hrs and minutes

Off Topic: Outlook Express clean up
Hello After reading the news groups, I like to clean up the Outlook Express listings. To do so I Select Tools, then Options, then Maintenance, then Clean Up Now, then Delete, answer Yes to "Are you Sure", then Close then Ok. Any macro or anyway to simplify this? ...

Help with making Yahoo default to Outlook
I am trying to set my Outlook up to direct connect to my yahoo email account. Can this be done? If so, how? This is answered (quite well) in the OUTLOOK > GENERAL QUESTIONS area. "thistles" wrote: > I am trying to set my Outlook up to direct connect to my yahoo email account. > Can this be done? If so, how? Only if you are using a paid account - if you are, then Yahoo! has the help files to read for setup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be dele...

OWA 2003 Front End logout error
Only on my OWA 2003 front end server do I get this error: If you click the Logout button in OWA I get the login box again. If you click cancel it gives you a blank page with the error "Access is denied, but if you use the Back button in your browser you are still logged in. All three of me Exchange servers are 2003 on Windows 2003. If I logon to OWA directly to non-Front End servers the logout button works correctly. It's only on my front end server and happens using both http or https. Thanks for any advice. Make sure that on that FE server, you have anonymous set on the Exch...

outlook express #195
My Outlook Express spell check does not work. In fact, it never has since the first receiving my new computer. I have tried on two occasions re-downloading Outlook Express and still the problem persist. An anyone help. Rod "rtaylor@exstink.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:192801c426e9$4b266760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My Outlook Express spell check does not work. In fact, > it never has since the first receiving my new computer. > > I have tried on two occasions re-downloading Outlook > Express and still the problem persist....

Automatic Hyperlinks in Excel
Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to turn OFF the automatic hyperlinks in Excel? Basically, the cell is holding UNC paths (\\SERVERNAME\PATH1\PATH2 etc). We don't want these to be links, just text entries. It's easy within word (just a check box under auto-correct in the options) but I can't seem to find the option within Excel. Can anyone help? Regards, Mike It was added in xl2002, but if I start my data entry with an apostrophe ('), xl2002 won't convert it to a hyperlink, either. But I think I'd just let xl make them. And wipe them out later with a ...

Outlook 2003 #175
Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? Not without a LOT more information. Disappearing from where? What are you doing when you expect to find them? Are you using Word as the message editor? Did you set a default signature in Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Pauly asked: | Signatures keep dissappering. Can you help? After setting up ...

Scheduling via MS Outlook/Exchange from POS
I'm hoping to find a way to use a custom button to call up a new appointment in Outlook. I want to create resources in Exchange that represent my delivery trucks and then schedule the delivery trucks from POS. Anyone? Thanks, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Hi Tom If you add a reference to the Microsoft Outlook library in your project you should be able to write some code to this. Setting this to be triggered by a custom button would be exactly the same procedure as what you are doing using the Al...

Cannot view public folders from outlook or edit client permissions from ESM
Suddenly today no one could access the public folders. I have rebooted the exchange 2003 server but still no one can connect. I can see the contents using exchange system manager and the contents tab but i cannot access them using outlook. I also get an error msg when trying to edit client permissions. I can also see the public folders using http://enterprise/public but not by logging in usually to OWA and selecting public folders. I have ran eseutil and isinteg, both appeared to have no errors. Users can send and receive email fine and can also email the public folders fine and receive m...

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets
In Outlook Express 6 I have many Identities setup. I have thousands of e-mails dating back years. The space consumed by all these e-mails is over 2GB Quite a lot of space. I decided to delete a lot of unwanted e-mails and clutter to reduce the amount of space consumed. But to my my surprise instead of solving the issue it made the overall size consumed bigger and not small. It is seems that in Outlook Express 6 the e-mails have gone but in reality the files are still in the Outlook Express 6 folders. Can anybody help me with this. The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders ...

Outlook 2003
Hello there, I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see those in Outlook 2003? I want to keep using ACT as an address database. Thanks in advance, Toon Schilder "gautama" <toonschilder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1132576277.676676.289060@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello there, > > I am trying to send e-mail from Outlook 2003 using Act 6. That is no > problem: the problem is my old sent messages. Is it possible to see > those in Outlook 2003? > >...

Installing Office 2003 is a mess
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now ...

Hyperlinks when published
When I add hyperlinks to other docs or sites to my page, they work with "ctrl - click" in Publisher, but don't work in the preview or when published. The only links that do work are the ones that relate to an email address. Any ideas? Publisher 2003, IE7, XP. ...

Insert with a where condition