importing email messages and contacts from another computer

I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old
computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how?

"Pappa Pump" <Pappa Pump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old
> computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how?

Import is never the correct way to move data from one Outlook instance to
another.  See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/16/2010 4:41:31 PM
Hey Thanks Brian,

While waiting for a response I think I got it figured out. Thanks for your
help man!

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "Pappa Pump" <Pappa Pump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> >I am trying to import all my information from Outlook 2007 from my old
> > computer to my new one and cant figure out how. Anyone know how?
>
> Import is never the correct way to move data from one Outlook instance to
> another.  See this:
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Landed Cost Computation
Currently, the application computes the landed cost in such a way that if a remaining amount can’t be distributed across items due to rounding, it will be distributed to the last line item. This will cause a huge discrepancy in the cost of the last line item in case you have hundreds of line items in one document. The landed cost should be distributed evenly based on apportionment across all the line items in the Receivings Document. It should not adjust the cost of the last line item due to rounding difference. It will cause a big difference if you are receiving hundreds of PO's in...

Not Receiving Email from Some Known Senders
Hi. I just got a new home PC from Dell. I am using Outlook 2003. I am also running McAfee Security Center. I am not receiving email from some senders that I know. They are not going to my Junk Email folder or my McAfee Anti-Spam folder. One sender whose email I am not receiving is my husbands. He is getting a message back from his postmaster that says "Delivery is delayed to these recipients...This message has not been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf." Even he sends an email to a distribution list and I am in the ...

excel 97 xml import

Emailing worksheets in body
When I try to send a worksheet in the body of an email, i only gets options to mail recipient (for review) and mail recipient (as attachment), I no longer can just send an email with the worksheet in the body. How can I change this. I also just installed Adobe Professional 6.0 which has review features to it, I don't know if that affected my Excel or not. ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

archiving emails #2
Hi, When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being archive with the emails. Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its attachments? thanks In news:1134832411.359443.45580@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> typed: > Hi, > When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being > archive with the emails. > Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its > attachments? > > thanks The attachments are part of the messages, so, no. What is it you wish to do, exactly? ...

About 6 messages stuck in one of our outgoing smtp queues
I hope you can help me. I'm troubleshooting an issue currently with only two users with emails that are stuck in one of our outbound smtp queues. They've been stuck in there all day and I've tried forcing the connection and also unfreezing the email to no avail. I've manually connected to the smtp connectors that we have defined and am able to send emails directly from the telnet session from the server. I've also sent one of the users an email from the destination and had her reply which she did and I received it. I have double checked the mx records...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

I Open email, hit Reply and it sends several emails with no message.
Hello, I open my email, hit Reply and before I can write anything it sends the email out with no message. Usually this happens twice and the third time it will wait until I write the message and click Send. I'm sure it's annoying to the person receiving this. Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!! -- tms Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Are you hitting Alt-S ? That will send the email. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "tms" wrote in message news:tms.4e5n4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... ...

Saving Emails #4
How do you save emails, if you know your computer is fixing to go kaput! Click on File, Export and create a .pst file copying all subdirectories. Save it to CD if possible and it can be imortered onto a new computer... BB >-----Original Message----- >How do you save emails, if you know your computer is >fixing to go kaput! >. > Better yet, if the original poster is already using a .PST file, he can copy the file to a safe location, then copy it to his new hard drive or computer and re-use it in Outlook there. No need to import and export, and in fact doing so can cause...

external email allow to relay by IP
in exchange 2003 i had rules on the smtp connector to allow relay for a few IPs (mainly to allow a few external users with static IPS, to use the server to send and receive email) where's this option in 2007 ? -mark On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:13:23 -0000, "luna" <luna_s@themoon.com> wrote: >in exchange 2003 i had rules on the smtp connector to allow relay for a few >IPs (mainly to allow a few external users with static IPS, to use the server >to send and receive email) > >where's this option in 2007 ? > >-mark > http://msexchangeteam.com/a...

Outgoing emails keep getting stuck
I have Exchange Server 2003 as part of Small Business Server 2003 and am having problems with outgoing email (SMTP). When I reboot the server, everything runs fine for a day or two, but after a while, outgoing email hangs up and the emails start timing out and coming back undeliverable. I have looked up several of the stuck emails in the message tracking center, and the history shows several "Started Outbound Transfer of Message" and then "Message transferred to mail.destinationserver.com through SMTP". However, it never gets there, and I see these two lines repeate...

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...

I get an error message "Your current security settings do not allo
I have been having this problem for several weeks now and I have not been able to get money to load properly. I have submitted this issue to MS several times and they have not responded. I get an error message "Your current security settings do not allow this file... I have tried to disable and re-install money and I still was unable to get it to work. Try resetting your Internet Explorer file settings. When you say you submitted the issue, did you raise a problem report and thus have a tracking number? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http:...

importing email