IMAP E-mails Automatically Marked As Read?

outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails and it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark them all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a fresh outlook install with no rules set or anything..
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
0
danny

Are you syncing with a smartphone?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"danny michel" <xcingix[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message
> outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap
> for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails and
> it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark them
> all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's
> contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in
> outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a fresh
> outlook install with no rules set or anything.. Submitted using
> http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane
2/3/2010 10:09:21 PM
yes i am actually. but my iphone doesnt mark everything as read
thanks for the reply

On Feb 3, 5:09=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> Are you syncing with a smartphone?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?http://forums.sl=
ipstick.com/showthread.php?t=3D36602

> "danny michel" <xcingix[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message

> > outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap
> > for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails a=
nd
> > it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark th=
em
> > all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's
> > contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in
> > outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a fr=
esh
> > outlook install with no rules set or anything.. Submitted using
> >http://www.outlookforums.com

0
geekmaster1
2/7/2010 5:03:34 AM
Disable syncing the account with the smartphone and see if the problem is
solved - I'm sure it will be as every case I've seen like yours was caused
by the sync process marking them read.

--

"geekmaster1" <xcingix@gmail.com> wrote in message
> yes i am actually. but my iphone doesnt mark everything as read
> thanks for the reply
>

> On Feb 3, 5:09 pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
>> Are you syncing with a smartphone?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook
>> profile?http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>>
>> "danny michel" <xcingix[at]gmail[dot]com> wrote in message

>> > outlook is somehow automatically marking all my emails as read via imap
>> > for my host's emails. i've tested it. i send myself a bunch of emails
>> > and
>> > it takes about a second and a half for outlook to automatically mark
>> > them
>> > all as read at once, no matter what the subject is or what the email's
>> > contents are or where the emails are coming from. this only happens in
>> > outlook and nowhere else i check my host's email via imap. this is a
>> > fresh
>> > outlook install with no rules set or anything.. Submitted using
>> >http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane

Files and Folders become Read Only
I started creating a web-site in Publisher 2003 at home, but when I put it on a disk to bring to work to continue working on it, it opens as READ-ONLY...What can I do to continue working? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from patrick <pabrooks@cox.net>!"... > I started creating a web-site in Publisher 2003 at home, > but when I put it on a disk to bring to work to continue > working on it, it opens as READ-ONLY... If it's on a CD, then it will be read-only, as CD is a read-only format Copy the file to your local hard drive Right-cl...

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

How to align marks
On X axis of my chart is time division. My question is how to align time marks with major tick marks on that axis. On my table time is always displayed between two major tick marks and I don't want that. Thanks Double click the axis, and uncheck the box for 'Axis Crosses Between Categories'. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "chico" <ikrajnov@etfos.hr> wrote in message news:eo8ine$b51$1@news1.carnet.hr... > On X axis of my chart is time division. My question is how to align time...

Problem.. Mail Enabled Contacts have Internal e-Mail Address
Running MS Exchange 2003 in Windows 2003 native mode AD and have written a nice little VB .NET program to to syncronise all our contacts from the in-house CRM solution into a secured OU. We are running allow auto forwarding and out of office for reasons beyond scope to this posting. The problem we have is that dispite all running fantasiically well - the Recipient policy requires our primary SMTP inbound domain to be assigned to the mail enabled contact, thus turning all mail enabled contacts into a forwarding gateway for our client contacts - this is not a desired result and at present the ...

Mails opening behind main window
Hi, I have Office 2003. I use Outlook to access my GMail account. Whenever I open an email, new or read, it opens then pops behind the main Outlook screen in a split second. Any ideas why? Do I need to re-install Office? Or am I just missing a setting? Thanks, Neil I don't use O2003 but many people mention this problem. Search for existing answers, if any. Neil Barras <dontspamme@spammenot.com> wrote: > I have Office 2003. I use Outlook to access my GMail account. Whenever I > open an email, new or read, it opens then pops behind the > main Outlook screen...

Need to revamp a read-only file
HELP, Am doing a memory book for the team and the mom who did it is out of town and gave me a read only copy, I need to revise the stats and can't save them, how can I convert a read only to a regular file I can work on?? This goes to print today.....HELP! -- Tennis Mom thanks you! Can you SaveAs the file and rename it to a slightly different name? "Tennismom" <Tennismom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10DAAB2E-B2AD-4E65-8F64-DD0B350DA05D@microsoft.com... > HELP, Am doing a memory book for the team and the mom who did it is out of > town and g...

Not receiving e-mails 01-14-10
I have not been receiving e-mails since just before Christmas. I appear to be able to send, but only a few messages have been received. I have tried sending myself an e-mail from my daughter's hotmail account but it doesn't arrive. I am not getting any error messages - when I hit Send/Receive it goes through the motions of: Authorizing Retrieving list of messages from server (bar goes about half-way) and then Disconnect No new messages I am on subscribers lists that I generally get updates for at least once a week. Gary - I can receive an e-mail from myself & ...

Undeliverable SMTP mail
I am in the process of migrating our mail service away from our ISP's IMail server to our own Exchange 2003 server on Windows Server 2003. I have already set up the server and internet mail connection, and have used my own mailbox as the first "live" account. The mail server at the isp is mail.nikolaevich.org. The new Exchange server is zarya.sac.nikolaevich.org. When I try to send mail from my new Exchange account to any of the accounts on the old server, I get an "Undeliverable" report from System administrator with an error like this: vadim@mail.nikolaevic...

outlook e mail
I cannot send e maim because my send option is not showing I'm also having a problem. Suddenly, yesterday morning when I tried to send/receive email I got this error "Unable to connect to server -- Error 0x800ccc0e". I am using XP and have 2 profiles where there are 2 differnet email addresses with the same company. My other profile is working just fine. But this particular one continues to be a problem. I'm using a cable modem and was told to reset everything including the modem and router, both together and then separately. I still have this problem. I've checked all t...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

cannot move mail to PST in outlook 2007
after upgrading to outlook 2007 from outlook 2003 i can no longer move any mail to my PST folders. i get message "Cannot move the items. The item cannot be moved. It was already moved or deleted or access was denied.". i can create a new PST folder but still cannot move any messages to it. Any help is appreciated. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Self-Expanding Multiselect Winforms ListBox http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d501d49c-f9fa-4156-9858-8c7b8a74319a/custom-selfexpanding-mul.aspx You can't upgrade Outlook without corrupting your pro...

Email Mail Merge Permissions error
My users are getting a permissions error when they try to send an email via mail merge. They can successfully send a Quick Campaign email and a Direct Email. Any idea what permissions need to be updated to allow this action? Here is the errror message: The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the email? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Hi Kate, ...

Problem with Paste and Automatically repeating values
I have a large file with a small macro -uses crtl+l to run. In two of the worksheets I cannot drag and paste series of dates (or numbers) based upon the previous data. I checked the Advanced options and they are all checked properly. The option works fine on all of the other worksheets (25). I would appreciate any advice. Thank you "cannot" means what? Error message? Nothing? Can you select cells on those two sheets? What has the macro got to do with it? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 5 May 2010 07:37:01 -0700, Hugh O'Brien <Hugh O'B...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

Mail merge for postcards, a single address prints on entire page
I merged data set of addresses to postcards. In print preview, addresses are fine (One per postcard) but when I print the postcards 4 to a page, one address shows up on all 4 cards. In the troubleshooting help dialog it says this doesn't happen. how do I correct it? How do you have your page setup? Are you manually creating four postcards? If you want the merge to work, use the page setup, postcard. You will have one card on your screen and the merge will work. Print preview will show all the cards with the same data, this is a bug. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...

E-mail Field
Does anyone know what table the e-mail field is stored? Thanks, Zach I believe it is SY01200 and I think the field is INET1. Robert "Zach Morgan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4dc701c473dc$eaf57250$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what table the e-mail field is stored? > > Thanks, > > Zach Robert is correct in all regards. However note that the field is labeled Email (or whatever) because that is what was set up in the system. You can change the prompts and what goes in what field as you wish. "Robert&...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

access 2003 and multiple mailing lists
I want to create multiple Mailing lists for different Items that I send out from my marketing department. I want to create lists for four different items which are sent out every month, some of the recipients receive more than one of the items and others do not. I want to enter the information through one location and just have check boxes for the different items. like newsletter, SEC Invite, Follow Up Letter and so on. I also want this to be as simple as possible.If I need to, I also want to be able to print the entire list, not just for each Item. What would be the easiest way to make ...

S P A C E D O L L A R S
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C37624.8F26F0E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable -------------------------- -------------------------- alt.visa.us=20 -------------------------- -------------------------- Space Dollars P O Box 1354 Westport, Wa. 98595-6321 360-248-9643 http://www.spacedollars.com=20 info@spacedollars.com=20 -------------------------- -------------------------- America Online & Time Warner, 22000 Aol...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

Outlook Web Access and Read Receipt
I currently use Outlook through the web. Does anyone know how to block read receipts (i.e. you read a message that has read receipt marked, but you don't send the receipt?) I know how to do this in Outlook Express and Outlook, but it appears you can't do it through web access. Thanks! Take a look at Read Receipt Remover application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/rrr.html -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: news:09f201c3c967$c7a83550$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I currently use Outlook t...

E-mail address folders
Is it possible to set up a folder in exchange that contains external contacts that everyone in the site can access like an address list. I need to to be seperate from the recipients list if possible Any ideas? You can create an OU in ADU&C and then create the contacts in there. Those contacts will obviously appear in the main GAL, albeit with different icons to differentiate them from the internal mailboxes. You can also create a public folder in Outlook and assign the necessary view/edit permissions. Create the contacts in there and then advise the users on how to view that list...

Problem with columns and imap
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...