I want to stop sending outofofficereplies to senders of forwarded

I receive a copy of all of my bosses mail, it shows in his own folder in my
Outlook. I also have full rights to his mailbox. When I establish an
out-of-office reply for myself, everyone who sends him mail gets the reply.
Can I set the assistant to only send out-of-office replies to those who have
either sent mail directly to my address or cc'd me and NOT send it to those
who write my boss?

Outlook does that already since forwarded messages are coming from your boss
and not the original sender.
If this has been set up as a redirection, then it is not possible and you'll
have to emulate the OOF via a rule. For an example see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/260

Just curious; As you already have mailbox access, why do you want to receive
the messages in your own mailbox as well?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Jenn Ryan" <JennRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I receive a copy of all of my bosses mail, it shows in his own folder in
> my
> Outlook. I also have full rights to his mailbox. When I establish an
> out-of-office reply for myself, everyone who sends him mail gets the
> reply.
> Can I set the assistant to only send out-of-office replies to those who
> have
> either sent mail directly to my address or cc'd me and NOT send it to
> those
> who write my boss?

0
Roady

want questions

Outlook 2007 Alert Suddenly Stopped Working
My Outlook 2007 has been working normally for about a year, but two days ago the audio alert for new messages stopped working. The alert for reminders is still working normally. I tried associating new sounds with new mail messages; I also tried setting Tools > Options > Advanced Email Options to 'not play a sound', then rebooted, then set it *to* play a sound, rebooted: no change. I also tried associating a sound that was not contained in the Media folder (just a random .wav file) but that didn't work either. Mail alerts in the system tray continue to w...

Outlook not sending .doc attachments to OE users
Using OfficeXP, if I attach a Word document (.doc) to the email, only other users off MS Outlook will receive it, but the users of Outlook Express users will not. Now here is the kicker. If I send the email to another MS Outlook user and they forward the message with the attachment, the Outlook Express users will receive the attachments. I even had the email server checked and they say that it shows that the attachments were sent to the Outlook Express users. Any ideas? Is it a Outlook issue or a Outlook Express issue? I think it is a OE issue but any help would be appreciated. Steve...

OL2003 sending mail from wrong account?
Today I received a couple mails to account X. I clicked Reply, wrote my stuff, and hit Send. I later happened to look in my Sent folder and noticed that these mails to two completely different people had been sent using an account that is in my accounts list but I never use it except for occasional testing. There's no way for two e-mails that I would "accidentally" change my "send via" account to this test account. Has anyone else seen anything like this? Thanks. Tony Was the SMTP server unavailable? Outlook 2003 has a bug (to be fixed in sp2) that sends on the f...

Task Manager has stopped working
When starting windows I get a message: Task Manager has stopped working. When I go to control Panel and try to start TM I get an error code Ox8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure. The TM service is running and I have cleaned the registry. Any ideas how to fix? ...

I want more!

Sender Information
Hi All; I am using my personal confg in MS Outlook 2003, and one of the other generic mailbox attached with the personal as I am deligate for the same. When I am replaying from generic mail box, my my name is show like "jack on behalf of generic". I prefer that my name should not be there as should be only generic id should be shown as replay. Is there any way I can do the same. Any help on the same is apriciated, Thank you in advance. Have wonderfull weekend to everyone, Jack ...

hotmail sends two of same email
Whenever I receive mail from Hotmail (or spam too), I get two of the same message. If I only have one email address, why is this happening? And how can I fix it? Thank you very much. ...

Stopping Spam
I'm reading a lot about the government trying to stop spam by shutting down open relays, and limiting the number of emails sent. Why can't they go after the people selling the products the spam is advertising? I looked at a "male enhancement" message today, it had a US phone number to place the order, why not arrest the person at the other end? dlw wrote: > Why can't they go after the people selling the products > the spam is advertising? Because there is no proof that they were (directly or indirectly) responsible for the spam? -- Toby A Inkster BSc (Ho...

exchange not sending outbound mail
Hello, We have reciently changed isp's and are having a problem with outbound mail. We host our own mail server with exchange 2000, our isp routes all mail to our server. The inbound mail works fine. I think it has something to do with the dns settings. I have re-ran the internet connection wizard setting the new dns servers. What else should I look at for this problem? Thanks -- Ray Joslyn ETG Inc. To reply via email remove NOSPAM and replace with rjoslyn Fixed this problem by using the internal server address as the dns servers in the tcp/ip dns settings. Then I made sure that...

replys not appearing in sender folder
Hello everyone. I currently open and monitor an additional email which is our customer feedback email account (exchange2000) under my Outlook 2002. when i reply to emails sent to this inbox the replys do not appear in the sent folder. but when i reply to an email in my own inbox the reply appears in my inbox. Can someone help understand why this may be happening. Thanks. Z Which Sent Items folder the one from the Inbox that you are replying from or your mailbox sent items "Z" <kenm@ilfo.com> wrote in message news:59a201c3e51e$a3cd82c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello ...

Client does not have permission to send as this sender
I have a virus scanner that sits in front of my Exchange 2003 server. Since this virus scanner is relaying all incoming mail to the Exchange server, I cannot turn off Anonymous access on the SMTP server. Also, since we have clients using SMTP from around the world, I cannot use IP address restrictions to restrict relay through this server. In order to keep this server from being an open relay, I attempted the following: 1. Move the server behind a firewall. 2. Expose the default SMTP instance to the world through the firewall 3. Turn off anonymous access 4. Create a new SMTP insta...

sends some but not emails
I can send messages to hotmail accounts and to a few (very few) people, but most never receive my emails. I have tried disabling norton but that doesn't seem to help. When sending to hotmail acounts they get the messages within 30 seconds, but messages sent to people outside hotmail will NEVER get them. I have 'send immediately' checked and it says it is sending, but it never goes anywhere. I am using Outlook 2003 with XP sp1. I also have Norton Internet Security with Norton Antivirus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ...

Text want wrap in text box

Can't Send or Receive Mail 05-25-10
Hi, Since this morning, I am suddenly unable to send or receive e-mails in Windows Vista. The only thing I can think of is that I added a virus protection software ("Shaw Secure") provided by the ISP (Shaw), but even that was more than a week ago. The error messages are: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Don't judge to quickly!!!', Account: 'shawmail', Server: 'shawmail', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'sha...

Send as Distribution List
We are using Windows 2003 w/ Active Directory and Exchange 2003 w/ Outlook clients. How do I give someone rights to Send On Behalf of a Distribution List? When the e-mail goes out, I want it to look as if it came from the DL. There's no such visible property. I go to the security tab and the best property I could see was the Send As property. I gave the person that permission, but they still can't send on behalf of the DL. Thanks, Sylvan Jonas In news:eUQTOekfFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Jonas, Sylvan R. <sjonas@brouse.com> typed: > We are using Windows 2003...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Exchange 5.5: Reply to all mails send to a specific domain
After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Manfred On 10 May 2005 01:25:58 -0700, "magriii" <magriii@gmail.com> wrote: >After merging with another company we want to inform all mail senders >about the domain name change. I think with Exchange 2000 an event sink >could handle that. I'm looking for an Exchange 5.5 solution. Any ideas >are greatly appreciated. > &...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Error message when sending an update to a meeting
When doing an update to a meeting request, I am getting "unable to send to one or more delegates." I am a delegate for another's calendar doing the update. All the delegates for the attendees are valid on the server (listed in GAL). I searched the KB for any information on this error and I came up empty. Does anyone have any ideas what the cause might be? Thank you. ...

Loop through email address list to send e-mails
Hi Every one, Following is a code that prints out weekly individual task lists from a master Critical Path. The code first creates a list of unique individuals on a temporary page, -then filter my critical path in a Column called "Next week" to only show action requiring follow-up on following week. -then prints-out a list of individuals who will receive task lists, -and finaly loops through alll values in "MyUniqueRng" to filter and print out the list name by name. What I would like to do, is instead of Printing-out these individuals task lists, sending them by ...

Check boxes
Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes. I want to set up a range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one corresponding check box if also checked. On the flip side, if none in the range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not checked. I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience. Thanks!!! A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it ...