i try to open a hyperlink and message comes restriction on pc?

when i try to open up a hyperlink in a message i get the message back that
there is a restriction on the computer and that i have to get in touch with
the administrator.  I am the administrator.  what do i do?  thanks.  martha

This isn't an issue with Outlook but one with IE.

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

"Martha" <Martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to open up a hyperlink in a message i get the message back that
> there is a restriction on the computer and that i have to get in touch
with
> the administrator.  I am the administrator.  what do i do?  thanks.
martha

0
Kathleen

How to change default 'Files of Type' to open only .pub files
Is there a setting in the registry or elsewhere so that when I File-Open I only get .pub files & not have it default to Files of Type "All Publisher Files"? It takes a long time for it to find all the files with various extensions. PUB files are all I want. -- T.G. Lambini Create a folder in My Documents, name it Publisher or whatever, Open options in Publisher, general tab, click the publication line, click modify... browse to the folder where you want Publisher documents to go. Drag all your Publisher documents to this folder. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

How do I... On opening file from hard disk, open a form
Hello, Microsoft Access 2003. I would like my Main Menu form to open when a user opens my database. So far I am in no way networked or web based, I'll probably get there but right now I have a file (Inventoryv4.mdb) that resides on the user's hard drive. when she opens this file, I would like my main menu form to open, instead of her having to go through the little task pane and dbl clk on frm_MAINMENU. How might one do this? ***Note: I need the task pane with all the tables queries, forms etc to still be there, just in the background, preferably minimized, and the main men...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Can't move an email message that's already been moved: OL 2003
[Got no respone to my orginal post on this - am I the only that has this problem?] After I've read some mail in my Inbox, I'll move it to one of the personal folders I've set up. Being *extremely* fallible, I sometimes move it to the wrong folder. When I discover such an error, I'd like to move it from the incorrect location to the correct one. When I attempt the move, it whines that it cannot do the move because the item has already been moved or deleted. I *know* that - I just want to move it again! Why is Outlook treating me so shabbily, and what can I do to move stuf...

New History Item, Mail Message sends all messages as Rich Text Format
We are using Business Contact Manager 2007 with Outlook 2007. We are not using Exchange server as a backend, just plain old pop3/smtp mail servers. Problem we are having is when we open up an account, Click on New History Item, Mail Message, and if we send an attachment with that, the person that receives the message gets it in Rich Text format. If we right click on the Email address itself and click on Send Mail. The message will be sent out fine. Right click on the message and looking at the properties of the email address has the internet format listed as "Let Outlook decide the ...

supressing the message box
I have an excel macro which has some msgboxs with relevant messages according to some business rules. I want to display these conditionaly only when the function is invoked by clicking on a button. I dont want these msgs to appear when the macro is run from a .vbs file. Is there any way to accomplish this? Pls let me know - ill be greatly benifited by it. Thanks! - Anu Is there a way of setting a variable to handle this? (Perhaps in worksheet cell) eg:- '-------------------------------------------------------------- Dim ShowMessage As Boolean ShowMessage = True If ShowMessage = True T...

owa cant open ppt attachments

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Opening other peoples mailbox
I have exchange 2000 and exchange 2003. When I move a mailbox to exchange 2003, I no longer can open that particulare mailbox in outlook. I am an administrator in exchage, and in exchage 2000, I could add a persons mailbox to my folder list and view all of their folders. The error I get in outlook is "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access the specified folder location." I also have noticed when I go into E-mail accounts in outlook 2003, on the Advanced Tab under "open these additional mailboxes", the mailboxes on Exchange 200...

Get 'Requesting data...' message
I moved my computer to a totally different domain. Ever since then I periodically get a screen that pops up while in Outlook that says 'Requesting data from server E01...' E01 is the Exchange server on the OLD domain. I am not connected to the domain on which this server resides. I've looked everywhere in my Outlook setup to try to determine why it's looking for E01 and I can't find it anywhere. I believe this is also causing some latency problems; for example, after composing an e-mail and clicking on Send, it can sometimes take 10-15 seconds before the e-ma...

Publisher 2002 on Win98
Dear all, Situation: Upgrade of Publisher to 2002 on Windows 98 (to take advantage of compression etc). Save Publisher files (doesn't matter what format) on another machine which uses Windows XP with Publisher 2002. Note: the two machines are different operating systems only. Open files on Windows 98 with Publisher 2002. It takes a little while and then crashes asking me if I want to restart. The safe mode option doesn't help. The details are quite long (and I cannot select them anyway). But The main error message displays: AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 10.0.4128.0 ModName:mso.d...

OL2002 won't open when clicking on web links
I have WinXP home ed., Office XP small bus. ed., with outlook 2002. It was working fine but now when I click on a link on a web page I get a message saying "cannot open microsoft outlook. can't create item." I tried reinstalling officeXP and also went into file associations and made sure the URLmailto was associated with outlook. In IE 6.0 it does show outlook as being the default mail client. Email me if you can help! Thanks! ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

When Outlook 2003 Opens...Word Opens
Hi, Every time I open Outlook 2003 on my XP Pro machine it also opens Microsoft Word...and a tray icon says "outlook is synchronizing folders". How do I stop Word from launching? Thanks in advance, Paul Don't set Word as your e-mail editor in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Paul Reed" <prreed@jacksonreed.com> wrote in message news:ugty1In9EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

How can I batch open a txt file in excel 2003 and save back as a .
I have about 3000 .txt files I need to open in excel and just save them. Is there a way I can batch run these? It would involve opening the txt file and saving it as the same name. Try this macro. Change "MyFolder" to the actual path. To use, open up a new workbook, press ALT+F11, go to Insert > Module, and paste in the code. Press ALT+Q, go to Tools > Macro > Macros and run it. Sub ChangeXLS() 'Constructive criticism from VBA programmers appreciated Dim MyFolder As String Dim NewName As String Dim OldName As String Dim patharray As Variant MyFolder = "C:\P...

Vlookup hyperlink
Dear All I am using Office 97 :( And want to try to do a vlookup but the value I want to retrieve is a hyperlink, when doing this it returns the text but the hyperlink doesn't work Is there anyway this can be done Thank Adam Hi Adam try something like =HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(....)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Adam wrote: > Dear All, > > I am using Office 97 :( And want to try to do a vlookup but the value > I want to retrieve is a hyperlink, when doing this it returns the > text but the hyperlink doesn't work. > > Is there anyway this can be done? ...

outlook wont open
i recently performed an update on office 2000. ever since outlook will open once but if you close it it wont come back up you can select the icon but it doesnt repsond. if you go to the task manager it says outlook.exe is running? any one have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated its my boss' computer. ...

I cannot open Organize, what can I do?
I am rying to organize my emails by colors but i cannot open the organize option. It never highlights, nomatter what i do. I downloaded the testversion of Office 2003 from the MIcrosoft website, could this be why i cannot open this option? If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

Plain text message = sideways vertically printing
When I receive an email internally that is in plain text and then print it, the email contents are printed sideways and vertically (think the matrix). The odd thing is, the email header is printing fine. This only occurs when the message is plain text. Printer is a network HP 8150 which others print to and have no problems. Outlook removed and reinstalled and user's outlook profile deleted and reconfigured. Thanks, -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 8 Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - ...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...