I cannot click and drag e-mails anymore. What's wrong?

I have the ability to drag folders in outlook but not individual e-mails. Any
ideas as to what has gone wrong?

"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have the ability to drag folders in outlook but not individual e-mails. Any
> ideas as to what has gone wrong?

Drag them to where and what happens when you try?  What type of account and
what version of Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Masking/Changing return E-mail address
I have Exchange 2003 as my mail server for my domain. I alos have a Unix based HIS System that has its own e-mail service (internally). I have set up the Unix box to allow users to send e-mail to everyone includeing the outside world. I had to tell the unix box its mail domain was mail.domain.org . When a user send mail outside of either domain, the mail is rcvd but the recipient cannot reply due to the false domain. I have been told that there is a way to setup a "table" on Exchange that will change the unix users e-mail to reflect a valid address so the recipient can...

How to distinguish right click from left click forNIN_BALLOONUSERC
Hi, In OnTrayIconNotify, my program process NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK. According to msdn, NIN_BALLOONUSERCLICK was sent when the balloon is dismissed because of a mouse click. Is it possible to distinguish right mouse click from left mouse click for this message? I want my program to open a new window when user left click on the balloontip but pop up the context menu when user right click on the trayicon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Richard -- Nothing impossible, Nothing easy If you handle it fast enough you could just look at the state of the mouse button when you get the me...

e-mail security, how to prevent readers from editing e-mails
I would like to prevent receipients of my e-mails from editing the text of my message. What do I need to do? -- Many thanks, and have a good day Ursula A. Use Windows Rights Management or one of the security services listed at = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/security.htm#services --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ursula A." <...

Blocking e-mails
I know how to add to junk mail list, but, I want to avoid going into the deleted items and permanently deleting them. Is there any way I can just block a specific address and never have to see or deal with it? Yes, create a custom rule for that address to delete the messages permanently. >-----Original Message----- >I know how to add to junk mail list, but, I want to avoid >going into the deleted items and permanently deleting >them. Is there any way I can just block a specific >address and never have to see or deal with it? >. > ...

Send all internal mail to smarthost for scrubbing
I need to send ALL mail to a unix server to be scrubbed before delivery to either internal or external clients. The external clients is no problem but internel to internal is a problem. Any suggestions would be grateful On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:30:05 -0700, Jack Voth <JackVoth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to send ALL mail to a unix server to be scrubbed before delivery to >either internal or external clients. The external clients is no problem but >internel to internal is a problem. >Any suggestions would be grateful I think you would be better served with...

Migrate Sun mail server to Exchange 2k3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a tool for Migrating mailbox on sun mail server(netscape) to = Exchange 2003? Or, could you give me any experiences on this point, thank you for your = any inputs. Owen 2006.4.24 ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

Count and Reset Button Clicks
Hello Experts. I have a Yahtzee game with 2 buttons/2 macros. One button (Roll Dice) rolls the dice (Calculate) and the second button (Next Player) clears all checkboxes on the sheet. However, I'd like to know if there's a way to disable the first button after it's been clicked 3 times, then re-enable it once the second button is clicked and start the count over... Please advise. I thank you for your time. We can use a Global variable to communicate between the two macros: Dim IAmTheCount As Integer Sub FirstButton() If IsEmpty(IAmTheCount) Then I...

Drag and Drop Contacts
Is there a way to drag and drop contacts from an Outlook e-mail into CRM? The purpose of which is to avoid having to input the information field by field when creating a new contact. Thanks. There is no support for this requirement in Microsoft CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "DStella" <DStella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B48526C7-85B7-4B96-B7B4-89842851A741@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to drag and drop contacts from an Outlook e-mail into CRM? > The purpose of which is to...

Creating a form that can be dragged from any click within the 'Detail' section
Hi all, I'm trying to create a dashboard and I want the form to be moveable, however I have removed the control box and I don't want the form to have a border (hence no title row that can be used to drag the form). How do I allow a click from either a control or the detail section to enable the form to be dragged? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Bob Phil I agree with your suggestions to stick with the standard Window UI. But if the OP really must have this interface it is possible using the Form's MouseMove etc. events. I and others have posted code how to do this ov...

Access label report produces the wrong number of labels
I'm running a simple report using the Avery 5160 label template to create mailing labels for a club. The query and report are correct, but when I run the report at home I get nine rows of 3 labels (9x 3) when it should be 10 x 3. When I run it at work, same identical database, I get 10 x 3 as I should. I was originally on Access 2000 at home and I thought that might be the problem, but yesterday I upgraded to Office 2003 and the report is *still* wrong, only 9 x 3 labels! I haven't been too clear - home and work are now both Office 2003. I created the report with Access 2000...

Auto checking mails...!
I want to make my Windows mail to check mails automatically; even when Windows mail is not open, like foxmail & other softwares. How to do it? "G. Mohandas" <G. Mohandas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B14F7B3-CEFA-4AAA-87F1-1C0004BF3EE2@microsoft.com... >I want to make my Windows mail to check mails automatically; even when > Windows mail is not open, like foxmail & other softwares. How to do it? This is not an option in WM, some have said that installing a third party application will do it? But I do not recall what the program...

[EX55] mail forwarding...
Greetings! Have an exchange network, and one of our servers is going to be down for an awhile and I want to forward emails to mailboxes on that server to mailboxes on another server. I've been told that i can use the Delivery Option tab to set up forwarding, and when the server in question goes down, mail will still be redirected because the address set up on the Delivery Option tab will will be replicated to other servers. I've tried this in my test lab with little luck and wondered if there was another way or if its a waste of time. Thanks, K The forwarding won't work if you...

Right mouse click not working
I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). Any suggestions - I am lost without it. Thanks, Rita See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rita" <heidkampr@alyeska-pipeline.com> wrote in message news:0e8701c49c1d$cd1c5ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I seem to have turned off my ability to use my right > mouse click in Excel. My right mouse button works fine > in all other apps (Word, Windows, etc). > > Any suggestions - I am l...

Info on e-coomerce integration
I have been contracted to build a custom e-commerce site that integrates with RMS. I am having some trouble locating any helpful information. The dealer that sold the solution does not know how it would be accomplished. I have not read the RMS documentation yet, would I find the information I need there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. nextek, Look at; http://www.nitrosell.com/ http://www.newestech.com/ http://www.taberpro.com/ -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the ...

Double Click To Calculate
I have a field where I sometimes need to manually enter an amount but sometimes I need it to calculate an amount based on 2 other fields. I know this is not normalized data but this is how we need to run this particular field. I would like to setup the field to allow me to manually enter data most of the time, but then calculate when I double click. The calculation would be [totalpartsCost]/0.8. I just don't know how to create the code it in the event procedure. In the double click event of the textbox, add the code: me.[yourtextboxname]= [totalpartsCost]/0.8 This assumes totalpartsc...

Can't open the hypertext link in my e-mail.
Hello all, I have been using Microsoft Outlook and recently I found that I can't open the hypertext in my e-mail. When I click it, a window comes up, which is like the one that apprears when I am trying to save a file on my computer. Is anyone who knows how to fix this problem out there? Thank you. thickface <kimfinale@gmail.com> wrote: > I have been using Microsoft Outlook and recently I found that I can't > open the hypertext in my e-mail. When I click it, a window comes up, > which is like the one that apprears when I am trying to save a file on > my computer...

Identities makes my drive go click, click, click
One of my Office 2001 users cannot launch an Office application=20 without her drive making a strange, recurring sequence of three clicks.=20 Entourage will not open at all, giving the user and I/O error instead.=20 Other Office apps will eventually open. In an effort to move her to Office for OS X, I've tried to copy the = Office=20 2001 Identities folder to another Mac, but it fails to copy both under=20 Mac OS 9.2.2 and Jaguar. It seems to hang on the Database file=20 particularly. If it were simply a corrupted file, I would not expect the odd drive = noise=20 (click, click, click.......

Internet E-mail Account Settings
I'm having problems connecting to my Internet E-mail account in MS Outlook 2003. Send/Receive does not work, however, when I configure the account options (I dont change any settings) and hit the "Test Account Settings" button, the new e-mails suddenly come thru! Seems like some kind of authentication issue? I can only receive new e-mails by pressing the "Test Account Settings" button. I can send e-mail without any problems. Can anyone pls help? Thanks, Dennis. Yes, the account is with an ISP, so I will check their web page for instructions. What do you mean...

Sending Blank E-Mails
For some strange reason, Outlook 2007 started sending all my e-mail as blanks. However, the receipient can click on REPLY to open. I have never used any type of signature, encrypted or initiated any kind of privacy measure. I have searched through all the commands, menus and toolbars but still can't figure this out. It seems as though this may be a private way to send e-mails. There were other problems so I reloaded Outlook 2007 and also clicked on DEFAULT SETTINGS. NOTHING CAN STOP IT! How do I turn this off? I have a large newsletter to send out and no one will get it. HELP! Th...

Importing mail from Windows Mail to WLM
I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium. I successfully imported mail from Windows Mail to WLM but am unable to view the imported messages. Help! View | Layout | Folder Pane. Is: Show Storage Folders checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "len" <len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D902CFE-2318-4345-9897-E66138F3AD4E@microsoft.com... >I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium. I successfully > imported mail from Windows Mail to WLM but am unable to view the...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

Why does one have to click on the cmd button twice
PPT 2003 on Vista .. I have two CMD buttons that I click on one to display new numbers and the second to show the correct answer. I have to click on the second buttoon twice. I don't why becasue on slides from previous files it takes one click to display the data. I tried to match the properties thinking it is a focus issue, but all the properties seem to be the same. I can post the code if it is important. Thanks ... Phil Yes, the code you are using will be helpful. Also, check to see if there is an entrance animation added to the shape you show for the correct ans...

.net changeing to . com in windows live mail
ok here is my issue i just set up windows live mail on windows 7 and when i try to send an email windows mail changes my megalink.net account to megalink.com and give me a 553 error that it is an invalid email adress the .com that is In Windows Live Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. Inspect what it shows for the server names. Correct as necressary. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "dave39_me" wrote in message news:8E1A7B99-542D-487A-BF50-05A7345F5E5E@microsoft.com... ok here is my issue i just set up windows live mail on ...

Click Once Deployment
I need to create a long term certificate for my intranet Windows App which uses a ClickOnce Deployment method. I can create a certificate .cer file (goes to the C:\) and a .pvk file (goes to the C:\) using I use makecert.exe. I need to create the .pfx key. .I am tryiong to use pvk2pfx.exe to create the .pfx. However, when I run it in the command it doesn't work; I get the Usage: with the parameters listed which I complete correctly according the this message. I am using Windows 7 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 and VS 2008 Sp1. I need help trying the figure this out. Thank you...

install crm-exchange e-mail router
on stage of specify microsoft business solutions crm server, configure the server name then click Next, caught error One or more of the microsoft crm servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure all servers are running properly and try again. I logged in as domain administrator, so i guess privilege issue is out of scope here . Any idea/advise/ troubleshooting tips please? I appreciate that!!! I solved the problem. CRM server installation sets CRM site requiring secured access SSL (i dont know if it is by default, if so, ms instal...