I can't seem to get Outlook 2007 working

I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook
2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the
usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my
password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't
go on to set up. Any ideas?

In article <A6D9D38F-2CC7-4B6B-82B4-D186D8761C3F@microsoft.com>,
Richard@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook
> 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the
> usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my
> password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't
> go on to set up. Any ideas?

Well it's most unlikey that Vista or Outlook is the problem.  I'd
recheck your settings.

As an alternative test though, try telneting to your server and at least
try and logon.

Vista does not enable Telnet in most of it's versions, so you may need
to enable it...

http://www.tech-
recipes.com/rx/2050/vista_install_enable_telnet_client_server/

Once enabled, try running it from a command prompt.

In the command prompt windows, type:
telnet <your pop server, eg mail.me.com> 110

(you may need to check that the server is not using a non-default (110)
port - as some do do this).

If you can connect to your POP mail server, try then, logging on:
user <enter your username>
pass <enter your password>

To logoff your POP server, type in 'quit'.  You may have to type quit
again, to exit telnet.

--
Duncan.
0

Outlook 2003 cannot send/rec email after MS update KB924085
Tried posting in the MS Update discussion group, but have received no answers there yet. Here goes:After I applied the 5 updates on Wed 1/10/07, my Outlook 2003 running under XP SP2 behind ZoneAlarm and a Norton firewall would not pick up from or send mail to any of the 3 mail servers I use. It made the network connection but would not register any response from the mail servers. By uninstalling and reinstalling one-by-one, I found the troublesome update to be Security Update for Outlook 2003 KB924085. Anyone else having this problem, or have insight into what the cause & cure might...

converting works 4.5 files to be read in excel 2002
Or can you even do this. I know you can convert works to word. Thanks for the help ...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

Getting answers to questions...seems impossible
I have been interesting in using POS, but I am beginning to become concerned. I have just one question in getting started. I expect to plan 2 lanes of POS. I expect I need to buy 2 copies, but I do not see any info on what else I need to configure this. Do I need a server? Would POS come with server software? Or should I consider one lane to be a workstation that is also the database for the store? I called MS with this question. They gave my a number and asked me to call Best Buy. That seemed odd. The rep at Best Buy felt the same way. He looked through waht he had and told m...

Outlook Express Shutting Off.
I have XP Professional Operating system. I have outlook express as my e-mail and here lately it has been shutting off after being open for 10 to 15 minutes. Do anyone know what could be causing it? Please let me know as soon as you can. It does come back on after it goes off. but it will do it again it brings up that dialog box of sending a mesage to Microsoft. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexp...

Can I use a Publisher template as stationary in Outlook?
I created a e-mail in Publisher and would like to use it as my default stationary. Is this possible? I am using Publisher 2003. First point, the correct spelling is stationery, with an e. Not directly. You'd have to spend some time converting the file into the format that OE can read. It's probably easier to start out from the aspect of creating stationery rather than make something that you hope can be turned into something else. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Karin" <Karin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01A59775-A514-406E-8CD...

Web Outlook
Can somebody help me with this problem. We are running Exchange 5.5on NT 4.0 and also using weboutlook. However, in Weboutlook, we can read emails, but when we try to reply, the screen closes out and does not give the chance to do so. Is there a fix for this. Thanks. ...

Microsoft SMTP Servers May Seem to Accept and Relay E-Mail
Hello We have seen the posts referenced in several other posts relating to relaying especially in E5.5 Please review 304897 XIMS: Microsoft SMTP Servers May Seem to Accept and Relay E-Mail - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304897 is this what everyone is seeing? Hope this helps clear some misconceptions regarding the perceived issue. If it does not, reply and be as specific as you can with your configurations, testing and the results so we may look into the specifics again. Our initial efforts have been unsuccessful in reproducing the reported issue on Exchange 5.5. Thank you. -- Ted C...

outlook as my email tool
When I open Outlook lately I get an error messge that says RunTime Error This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applicationsupport team for more info. I get out of Ouotlook and re-try immediateley then ( most of the time ) I can open Outlook and proceed with my email Waht am I doing wrong or is my computer not configured properly. Find and rename outcmd.dat - if that doesn't help, which version of outlook and OS? If Win2k or XP, look in the event viewer for more information about the error and post it here. We have too little to ...

how to get elements of DistributionList by c#
hi all. i want to get elements of DistributionList by C# with Outlook 2007. i had name of DistributionList and i like to get all elements of DistributionList with that name. what should i do?? thanks for your help -- khoick245 "khoick245" <khoick245@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:khoick245.5ee9f1b@outlookbanter.com... > hi all. i want to get elements of DistributionList by C# with Outlook > 2007. i had name of DistributionList and i like to get all elements of > DistributionList with that name. what should i do?? thanks for your > help ...

Moving Folder Outlook 2003
I have owner permission to our SalesAdmin mailbox. When I right click on a subfolder in SalesAdmin mailbox and click on Move Folder "folder name", outlook come with a message box saying: Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items. I can drag the same folder from salesadmin mailbox to my mailbox with no problem. Denis R Charron wrote: > I have owner permission to our SalesAdmin mailbox. When I right click on a > subfolder in SalesAdmin mailbox and click on Move Folder "folder name", > outlook come with a message box saying: Cannot copy this fol...

How can I get text to equal a numerical value in Excel?
I am developing a scheduling program for my workplace. The program will automatically calculate total time scheduled based on times entered (i.e., 8:00AM start time in one cell, 5:00PM end time in the next cell calculates to 9 hours in a third cell). However, we need to indicate days off, vacations and leaves of absences. When we enter text into the first cell, it obviously destroys the calculation in the third cell. I need to be able to have Excel assign a value of "0" for any cell that has text. Thanks, Mike Mike, I fixed similar problems in my files by using the if &am...

Can I import emails from Outlook Express to Outlook?
I am new to Outlook 2003. I have always used Oe 6.0 for my emails. How do I transfer them over to Outlook? Thanks The best way is to export them from OE (File > Export > Messages...). That way they will retain their correct modification dates. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Clorey" <Clorey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C99D368D-68D6-4A4A-A322-09587AAECE56@microsoft.com... >I am new to Outlook 2003. I have always used Oe 6.0 for my emails. How do I > transfer them over to Outlook? Thanks ...

Saving Outlook 2000 data when upgrading
I'm about to upgrade from Office 2000 to 2010. Can anyone suggest a way to save my data (pst files, I think) is such a way that they can easily be accessed after the upgrade?, perhaps a Word files? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CB3D1B.DD2609A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "Bagwash" wrote in message news:Cq4ao.12966$2b4.7905@hurricane...=20 I'm about to upgrade from Office 2000 to 2010. Can anyone suggest a way = to=20 save my data (pst files, I think) ...

Unable to get Inbox in OWA
Recently I installed a new exchange 2k in an existing site of exchnage 5.5 within the same domain. Then I moved few mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2k server. They worked fine with ms-outlook without making any changes in the client configuration. But those users could not access their mailbox from OWA (exchange 5.5 interface). Both of the exchange servers are working fine for inbound and outbound emails and users having their mailbox in ex5.5 can still access their mailbox through OWA. I will highly appriciate any comments on this. Thanks Exchange 2000 does not work wi...

Get rows from a queue table ?
I have an application where agents type in trouble tickets that they get via phone and email. Now there is to be a web portal that inserts rows to a ticket queue table. There will be a queue count displayed on the agent's screen along with a GET button. When this button is clicked, the first item in the queue must be populated on the screen and removed from the queue. Since there are multiple ticket agents working simultaneously, how can I code this to ensure that no two agents grab the same row or grab different rows but remove the wrong one? ...

Word 2007 bullets show arrows, but Htm shows 0 with slash through
The problem I’m having is the Word 2007 bullets. On my Word it shows the arrow point, but the web page shows the 0 with a slash through it. What am I doing wrong? ...

Getting values from a graph
As the title says, I want to be able to get a value from a graph/chart within Excel. Rather than having to rely on values already inputed I want to be able to interpolate between those values to obtain the value at a specific date. Is this possible? Not really. If you can derive the equation excel is using to plot the line, then you might. Or if you want to use the trend line equation as an approximation, you could fit a trend line and use that equation. If it is using a linear equation, you could interpolate to get an estimate. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Jon" <anonymou...

Archiving to server using Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002
I have created folders on my server that everyone has access to. Each user has folders setup on their workstations. I want to be able to have everyone's "Research" folder achive to one folder on my server. It works fine for my 2003 workstations, but anyone on Outlook 2002 gets a message saying "Error while archiving folder "research" in store "personal folder". The file "server file".pst is not compatible with the sersion's personal foler information services." "server file" is the path to the folder on the server. I do n...

Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2003
Any PCs that had a previous version of Office that were upgraded work fine, however I can not get a proifile set up on a new PC with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5. Any help is greatly appreiocated. What problems are you having? WearsAllHats wrote: > Any PCs that had a previous version of Office that were upgraded work > fine, however I can not get a proifile set up on a new PC with > Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5. Any help is greatly appreiocated. Hello, I am assuming that the profile creation fails at the CHECKNAME step. What error do you get? If Checkname is working, what is...

Outlook Express #304
Similar to a problem I have seen as regards Outlook, for the last couple of days all my incoming emails show the attachment icon, even though they contain no attachments. I don't seem to have a virus. Any ideas how I can stop this? Please post in an Outlook Express group. OE is part of Internet Explorer, while Outlook (which is supported by this group) is part of Microsoft Office. You didn't state your version of OE so you'll have to choose it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is the...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

How can I get toolbar buttons back?
I accidently removed the buttons on the toolbar. It was the icons for home, page, options (I think) and some others. I was tryimg to customize and clicked on something that made those disappear. How can I get them back? -- my_realtor (Linda) Right click on the Toolbar | Customize | Add or Remove Commands and add them back. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "my_realtor" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3726FE3F-F5B8-4EF8-868B-009799DB8A8C@microsoft.com... >I accidently removed the button...

Outlook 2007 clears all the emails from my Verizon in-box...Help
Outlook 2007 clears all the emails from my Verizon in-box...Help....What settings am I missing to leave the verizon inbox mail intact? On your account properties advanced tab, check the box to leave mail on = your ISP server. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Bobby Lee asked: | Outlook 2007 clears all the emails from my Verizon | in-box...Help....What settings am I missing to leave the verizon | inbox mail intact? I was hoping this thread could help me on a problem I'm having. But on the ...

Outlook contacts merge into publisher document
How can I merge my contacts from Outlook into a postcard doucment I made using publisher You export your contacts from Outlook in CSV format and then use that file to Merge with Publisher. -- Thomas wrote: > How can I merge my contacts from Outlook into a postcard doucment I made using publisher Thomas, which version of Outlook and Publisher are you using? Publisher 2002 and 2003 allow you to connect direct to Outlook using the mail merge wizard. Please post back with your versions. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim....